Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Film review (short)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Film review (short) Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Film review (short) - 16/7/2009 4:40:59 PM   
tftrman

This has undoubtedly already been covered, but the CGI during the forest fight was absolutely brilliant. Which is kind of strange because the part where Sam had mucus coming out of his nose and mouth during the probe was a terrible effect.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 601
RE: Film review (short) - 16/7/2009 10:39:36 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

Also this "What were you expecting? Citizen Kane?" bullshit from some people is getting old. Just because there are robots in it doesn't mean you have to accept any substandard guff they throw at you. The forest battle was impressive but if that's all it was for 2.5 hours you'd be bored out of your arse so the story/script is important.

Wahhh wahh wahhh I'm so furious people are actually enjoying this when I so want it to be awful and fail waaahh wahhh wahhhh

I loved it.  Pick up your ball and go home, "Wilbert", epic little baby meltdown, hahahaha.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 602
RE: Film review (short) - 16/7/2009 10:49:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drone

quote:

Also this "What were you expecting? Citizen Kane?" bullshit from some people is getting old. Just because there are robots in it doesn't mean you have to accept any substandard guff they throw at you. The forest battle was impressive but if that's all it was for 2.5 hours you'd be bored out of your arse so the story/script is important.

Wahhh wahh wahhh I'm so furious people are actually enjoying this when I so want it to be awful and fail waaahh wahhh wahhhh

I loved it. Pick up your ball and go home, "Wilbert", epic little baby meltdown, hahahaha.

You sure told him!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 603
RE: Film review (short) - 16/7/2009 10:52:39 PM   
Tech_Noir

Oh no, Wilbert will be back.... and he'll be pissed.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 604
RE: Film review (short) - 16/7/2009 11:00:40 PM   
Olaf

The quotation marks around "Wilbert" win it for me.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 605
RE: Film review (short) - 16/7/2009 11:02:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

What you mean? That's not his real name?!?!?

NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 16/7/2009 11:03:04 PM >

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 606
RE: Film review (short) - 16/7/2009 11:26:23 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

What you mean? That's not his real name?!?!?

NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!

I think future generations will remember this earth-shattering moment for centuries to come. Til then, we've just got to rebuild our lives, somehow.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 607
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 1:09:46 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drone

quote:

I loved it. Pick up your ball and go home, "Wilbert", epic little baby meltdown, hahahaha.

I'm sorry everybody.....Drone is right......"Wilbert" is not my real name.

I'm so sorry I mislead you all. You all were so kind as to use your real names when dealing with me. Especially you, Drone.

I think the worst thing is how much I hurt you and forced you to use quotation marks to reveal my deception to the other forum members.

I hope you can all forgive me, Empire board members.

Especially you, Drone.

Maybe one day you can forgive and I can rebuild my life.......maybe one day......

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 608
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 8:55:06 AM   
tftrman

Well fuck you all, I thought we were all being honest about our names on here.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 609
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 8:57:50 AM   
Tech_Noir

Wilbert's real name is really Wilbert - it's some old Irish thing.

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 610
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 9:54:40 AM   
Wilbert

If only that were true.... I wouldn't feel so bad about the deception and what I've done to poor Drone.
No, Tech.... I must live with this guilt.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 611
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 10:00:20 AM   
Wilbert

If only that were true.... I wouldn't feel so bad about the deception and what I've done to poor Drone.
No, Tech.... I must live with this guilt.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 612
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 10:08:50 AM   
CORLEONE

My real name is Vito Andolini.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 613
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 10:10:02 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

My real name is Vito Andolini.

Not you too, CORLEONE!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 614
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 10:33:27 AM   
Olaf

All this deception makes me sad.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 615
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 11:06:11 AM   
sanchia

Yes Mr Olaf indeed it does. Indeed it does.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 616
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 11:09:34 AM   
Rgirvan44

Some of us have our name hidden in there.

A sad day for the forums. Its like the expenses scandal x 10000000

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 617
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 12:19:41 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

I'd tell you all my real name but you cannot pronounce it with your primitive Earth language.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 618
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 12:52:23 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

I'd tell you all my real name but you cannot pronounce it with your primitive Earth language.

Damn you're right! Whenever I try to pronounce 'Mehul' it just comes out as 'John'.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 619
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 2:57:30 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

Damn you're right! Whenever I try to pronounce 'Mehul' it just comes out as 'John'.

Shhhh - don't give away my name.

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 620
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 10:03:44 PM   
Olaf

So... your parents didn't name you after a fictional nightclub in an 80s action movie...? Where does it end?!?

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 621
RE: Film review (short) - 17/7/2009 10:09:48 PM   
sanchia

I too do not have a girly Spanish name in reality Mr Olaf.

I am so sorry to have pulled the wool over so many eyes for so long.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 622
RE: Film review (short) - 18/7/2009 3:00:35 AM   
JoeyPottr

I loved this movie, it was just an adrenaline rush with humor. I love Shia's freakouts and the realationships between the autobots and the humans. The special effects are absolutely amazing, just incredible robots, there's still a lot of heart in this movie too, which is not what you usually get from sequels. How can you not like this movie? It's amazing!

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 623
RE: Film review (short) - 18/7/2009 3:02:47 AM   
JoeyPottr

I loved this movie just a lot of fun, adrenaline and heart too. The special effects were amazing, better than the first! How can you not like this movie? It's just great fun!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 624
RE: Film review (short) - 18/7/2009 3:04:01 AM   
JoeyPottr

Okay this is third time I've tried to post, so here goes I love this movie, it's fun, it's got heart, it's got incredible effects and it's better than the first!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 625
RE: Film review (short) - 18/7/2009 4:02:04 AM   
Deviation

My name is Deviation and I love Micheal Bay and 300................

This is obviously all LIES!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 626
RE: Film review (short) - 18/7/2009 6:18:59 PM   
00Nothing

Just back from seeing it. Gotta say, I've very conflicted about the damn film to be honest with you. I suppose it is enjoyable, but the whole thing is way,way, waaaaay over the top than it really needed to be. I was pondering taking my eight year old cousin to see it with me and my friends (he loved the first one) and I'm kinda glad I didn't. For a film that is reputedly aiming for a family audience (I think it is anyway, I may be wrong) the humour throughout the whole film is downright near the knuckle and filthy. Testicles on a transformer, crude sexual innuendo, humping dogs, humping robots, the whole film is out of control. The film clearly has Republican (or at the very least George W Bush-esque) political beliefs running through it. Think about it, an American military that goes into any country in the world without permission, which comes across as a good thing because only the American military can fight robots, who have robots helping them, robots who only seem to deal with Americans and to top it all off, a politician constantly at odds with the military who is quite clearly representing the Obama administration, and we know this because we see glimpses of Obama at points in the film (I know, I know, I shouldn't be reading this much into a Michael Bay film, but I can't help it), and I know the film is called Transformers, but there are way too many of them in the film to the point where it's hard to distinguish them (this is mostly true of the villains).

I loved the first film primarily that it felt like one of those Spielberg produced movies from the 80's (Gremlins, The Goonies, Back to the Future), you know, fantasy genre, great special effects and lots of humour with a bucket load of charm, except the first one had the benefit of having Michael Bay directing so the action sequences kicked a**, but this was just went overboard at every opportunity and there was nowhere near as much charm.

Anyway, rant over, time to breath again.

"I will see you in another life, when we are both cats."

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 627
RE: Film review (short) - 18/7/2009 6:29:13 PM   
00Nothing

Sorry f

< Message edited by 00Nothing -- 18/7/2009 6:31:32 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 628
RE: Film review (short) - 18/7/2009 6:33:58 PM   
00Nothing

Sorry for sending two versions of this review, folks. I didn't think the first version was sent. This was a technical fault due to circumstances beyond my control.

(in reply to 00Nothing)
Post #: 629
Transformers 2 - 19/7/2009 2:17:25 PM   
trueborndjross

I have to say I think the Empire review is pretty much spot on for this one. Having really enjoyed the first film I was looking forward to this but I have to say I was a wee bit disappointed (and a little bit bored by the end - running time was way too long!). Don't get me wrong the action is brilliant and the effects are amazing (although in places I was struggling to see just who the hell was hitting who there were that many bloody robots on the screen!). I think the problem with this is it's trying to aim much more at the kids with some silly almost slapstick moments but on the flip some of the humour is pretty crude for a young audience. So whilst the first film was funny without trying too hard, this one tries just that bit too hard and misses the mark a bit. LaBeouf is quality as usual and Fox...well she's just extremely hot (how many slow mos of her running do we need though? It was like an episode of Baywatch at times!). And come on - a transformer that can turn into an extremely hot girl? Really?!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Film review (short) Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI