Timbre

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Timbre Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Timbre - 22/9/2009 3:01:49 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I like the suggestion of Guy Pearce, a serious actor and one who would delve deepply into his character. I would also like Michael Sheen to be in the two films. Either of the names I mentioned could play a dwarf or Bard the bowman? Philip Madoc as Gloin? In regards to the voice of Smaug, Christopher Lee could certainly do it but then he's already voiced Saruman and as others have said, his voice is too "familiar". Perhaps James Earl Jones could do it? Admittedly he is very familiar of course but the character of Smaug requires an actor with a deep rumbling voice.Unless they choose some one like Bruce Spence. What they did with his voice as the Mouth of Sauron was good; a strange almost supernatural timbre to the voice.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 22/9/2009 3:09:40 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to slimmy)
Post #: 31
RE: Timbre - 24/9/2009 3:50:56 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

I like the suggestion of Guy Pearce, a serious actor and one who would delve deepply into his character. I would also like Michael Sheen to be in the two films. Either of the names I mentioned could play a dwarf or Bard the bowman? Philip Madoc as Gloin? In regards to the voice of Smaug, Christopher Lee could certainly do it but then he's already voiced Saruman and as others have said, his voice is too "familiar". Perhaps James Earl Jones could do it? Admittedly he is very familiar of course but the character of Smaug requires an actor with a deep rumbling voice.Unless they choose some one like Bruce Spence. What they did with his voice as the Mouth of Sauron was good; a strange almost supernatural timbre to the voice.

I'm reading The Hobbit to my son at the moment and when I read out Smaug's dialogue I had Laurance Fishburns voice pop into my head...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 32
RE: Dwarves - 24/9/2009 4:29:46 PM   
JIm R

Get McAvoy Now !!!!!!

(in reply to slimmy)
Post #: 33
RE: Timbre - 24/9/2009 6:23:22 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979
I'm reading The Hobbit to my son at the moment and when I read out Smaug's dialogue I had Laurance Fishburns voice pop into my head...

Hello there old adversary

Yes Laurence Fishburne could certainly do the voice of Smaug the Dragon. The character is imposing and frightening, it should be voiced by one who has a certain authority and deepness to their voice. Clearly this would require the casting of a mature older man, 50 years of age or older. Sam Elliott may be suitable? I've never sampled his English accent, if he's ever done one. Although he does have that grumbling and slight snarl to his voice which may be ideal for Smaug.

If no voice other than that of Christopher Lee's were found then I would be distraught. If you listen to his voice in the Lord of the Rings trilogy he does have a booming quality that worked very well.  Of course there is the possibility of voice manipulation as was done with Bruce Spence voicing the Mouth of Sauron.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Timbre Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI