Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 12/9/2009 10:11:40 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

In fact DVDtimes, which reported the 135 min cut intially, thus creating all these rumors, has removed that detail from their article.

I am certain that there is no 135 min cut. You will get some Crews at the start, some Moon boobs and a kill using a screwdriver. To be honest, these things are not deal breakers to me.

It's so strange that boobs in an action are so rare these days, back in the 80s you always got to see at least one pair at some point or another.

Don't get your hopes up - Im sure I read an intervew where she said you don't actully see much of anything - all in shadows. Just want to prepare you for that.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 61
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 13/9/2009 5:45:21 PM   
Ghidorah

Why are some sites are saying WB director cut is 135 minutes?

http://dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=69751

At the moment I stand by 118 minutes for the Director Cut but I am curious who is correct.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 62
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 13/9/2009 7:16:25 PM   
Max Renn

quote:

quote:

In fact DVDtimes, which reported the 135 min cut intially, thus creating all these rumors, has removed that detail from their article.

I am certain that there is no 135 min cut. You will get some Crews at the start, some Moon boobs and a kill using a screwdriver. To be honest, these things are not deal breakers to me.

It's so strange that boobs in an action are so rare these days, back in the 80s you always got to see at least one pair at some point or another.

Seagal and Van Damme i think you'll find they were called.

" TAKE THE FUCKING ELEPHANT !!! "

"IT'S ALRIGHT ANDY!IT'S JUST BOLOGNESE!"

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 63
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 15/9/2009 12:31:32 PM   
Nostromo.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Why are some sites are saying WB director cut is 135 minutes?

http://dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=69751

At the moment I stand by 118 minutes for the Director Cut but I am curious who is correct.

Some guys over on Bluray.com are convinced the WB press releases are typos and there is indeed a 135 min cut coming. I guess we just have to wait for the first batch of reviews.

No Time To Bleed

What Do You Use For Bait? Paypal?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 64
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 16/9/2009 9:06:13 PM   
Ghidorah

The film is coming out here on the 23 of November and available to pre order since August. However for the Americans etc it is a different picutre. There haven't been any word on their version until a few days ago which it is odd for a big WB release and it coming out after our release. It not even avialable to pre order on Amazon.com or play USA. I think either WB are releasing a big cut or played around a big cut but decided to release a shorter one first.

(in reply to Nostromo.)
Post #: 65
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 23/9/2009 9:38:44 AM   
Ghidorah

US Blu Ray release of Warner bros' Terminator Salvation is 135 minutes long. Twenty minutes longer than the version seen in the cinema.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Terminator_Salvation_Blu-ray_Directors_Cut_Details/5697

At the moment Terminator Salvation European release is handle by Sony and so far their cut is 118 minutes long.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 66
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 23/9/2009 9:45:08 AM   
Rgirvan44

I wouldn't be so sure of that. If you look at the comments section of that site the person who wrote the article has said not to trust the details regarding running times.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 67
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 26/9/2009 2:12:43 PM   
Rgirvan44

Final proof that the Directors Cut is 117 mins long

The back cover of the American Blu-Ray has been released on Amazon. It says 117 mins on the back of the box. Not sure why Amazon havent updated but there is your proof.

http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Salvation-Blu-ray-Christian-Bale/dp/B001FB55I0/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1253948418&sr=1-24

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 68
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 26/9/2009 6:04:33 PM   
rubadub

Now Amazon have listed a UK extended cut Blu Ray. Is this the US Director's cut? What's going on? My head hurts.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 69
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 26/9/2009 6:44:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: rubadub

Now Amazon have listed a UK extended cut Blu Ray. Is this the US Director's cut? What's going on? My head hurts.

They are the same thing.

(in reply to rubadub)
Post #: 70
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 27/9/2009 12:43:08 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

well this is really shitty then, i've been looking forward to a substantially longer movie since it's realease and would love to see more about that subplot you mentioned Rgirvan, as that one shot in the movie did have me wondering.

So looks like we'll never get to see this extra 20-30 mins

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 71
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 27/9/2009 6:30:17 PM   
Dr Lenera

What a shame indeed-this movie looked hacked to pieces to me. The uncut version may improve it and it's reputation,though I didn't think it was that bad at all generall!y Still,I'm sure in a year or so it may still come out.

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 72
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 27/9/2009 6:43:33 PM   
Nostromo.

Or of course, there could very well be a 135 minute cut, but the powers that be want to leave it for a double dip further down the line. 

No Time To Bleed

What Do You Use For Bait? Paypal?

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 73
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 27/9/2009 6:51:06 PM   
Rgirvan44

This link shows many of the deleted scenes. No idea how long some of them are, but I'm pretty sure they represent much more than 3mins worth of material.

http://www.terminatorfiles.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4098

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 74
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 27/9/2009 7:19:21 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

Final proof that the Directors Cut is 117 mins long

The back cover of the American Blu-Ray has been released on Amazon. It says 117 mins on the back of the box. Not sure why Amazon havent updated but there is your proof.

http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Salvation-Blu-ray-Christian-Bale/dp/B001FB55I0/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1253948418&sr=1-24

The is truly fucked up. Not that we maybe getting the extended edition next year but the mix messages going about. Does Warner Bros want people outside North America to import their film and not buy Sony's?

The link has the running time of 135 minutes when the box art says 117 minutes. Also what the point of having both cuts on different discs when they could be on one. The Alien boxset had no problem and other DVDs done the same thing. I think WB need to use the Terminator to it full protential and Terminate the guy in charge of marketing.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 75
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 14/10/2009 3:52:29 PM   
jackcarter

Any news on if the R2 DVD will have the extended cut or not?

At the moment it looks like just the Blu Ray will

thatís a pretty shitty thing to do to those who have no intention of going BR

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 76
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 14/10/2009 4:11:30 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

Any news on if the R2 DVD will have the extended cut or not?

At the moment it looks like just the Blu Ray will

that's a pretty shitty thing to do to those who have no intention of going BR

Looks that way, although I haven't seen a rating for the Extended version on the BBFC website.

To be honest, 3 minutes isn't going to change the film. If it had been the much vaulted 35 minutes extra cut then I would be interested cause you would hopefully get all the stuff with the hybirds which really would have transformed the film I think.

So much was removed, but as I understand it those three minutes don't amount to a huge amount. Most people suspect a slightly more violent attack against the rednecks and Moons boobs. You might get Terry Crews at the start.

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 14/10/2009 4:12:12 PM >

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 77
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 18/10/2009 6:31:06 PM   
Tech_Noir

Will the extended cut be available on DVD or is it just DVD?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 78
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 18/10/2009 6:49:39 PM   
darth silas

The best thing to do is wait til the film is released on both formats and read a couple of reviews to see whether its extended or not.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 79
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 18/10/2009 6:50:39 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

The best thing to do is wait til the film is released on both formats and read a couple of reviews to see whether its extended or not.

I'd like the extended cut for Christmas holiday viewing - along with Transformers 2 with Bay commentary.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 80
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 18/10/2009 6:55:06 PM   
darth silas

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

I'd like the extended cut for Christmas holiday viewing - along with Transformers 2 with Bay commentary.

I thought you hated Salvation Tech.Why buy it if you dislike it so much?

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 81
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 18/10/2009 7:10:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

The Extended Cut has been confirmed as Blu-Ray only for Region 2. Its only 3 more minutes. If you didn't like the film before, I doubt you will like it anymore. It will not be a Troy or Kingdom of Heaven transformation.

Post #: 82
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 18/10/2009 7:15:41 PM   
Tech_Noir

I thought the extended cut was 25 minutes or something?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 83
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 18/10/2009 7:21:12 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

I thought the extended cut was 25 minutes or something?

Hahaha,

Just read from the top of the page Tech!

It looks like there was either a wrong press release put out or there was at one point a 135min cut coming out. The fact is this cut, the Extended/Directors Cut is only 3 mins longer both here and in the States.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 84
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 19/10/2009 10:32:56 AM   
Tech_Noir

What??

3 minutes??

I'll just youtube those scenes in December.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 85
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 20/10/2009 5:45:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

So the BBFC have passed the extended cut over here and rated it the same as the one in the cinema. Both are passed with a 12 rating. So don't be expecting more violence.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 86
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 20/10/2009 6:10:07 PM   
Captain Black

Bit disappointed with the lack of extra footage (for the record I liked the film quite a lot; massively flawed, but glad it got made). I wonder if there's a degree of sweeping things under the carpet/the additional footage integrating into what did make it to the theatrical cut. I'd have liked to see it as deleted scenes even if the latter's true.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 87
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 20/10/2009 8:21:47 PM   
darth silas

I wonder will they show the original ending that had Connor dying and Marcus Wright having his skin grafted to his own and assuming his identity.Was this even shot?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 88
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 20/10/2009 8:25:55 PM   
Tech_Noir

Will they include the Bale rant?

Now we see the context, Bale was creating a deep and complex character in an even more deep and complex film.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 20/10/2009 8:26:28 PM >

Post #: 89
RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition - 29/10/2009 10:52:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

So anyone expecting those 3 mins to amount to much....be ready for disappointment. There are reviews out there and the new stuff adds not much of anything.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI