Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The West Wing Appreciation Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The West Wing Appreciation Thread Page: <<   < prev  91 92 93 94 [95]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The West Wing Appreciation Thread - 3/3/2013 8:21:35 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erlenmeyer Flask

Anyone see this, clicky?

Anyway, it's kinda funny to hear how some people perceive this show.

Sorkin's writing sucks.
The dialogue is awful.
All the characters are the same, they are Sorkin's puppets.
The show is so smug, etc, etc.

I actually kind of see where these criticisms are coming from, I love The West Wing but having seen the Newsroom I've really gone off Sorkin. He's a very limited writers who does write the same characters over and over which isn't so bad but when you consider that every character has the same sense of humour and the same ability to have an extremely witty and smart ass retort to everything it becomes tiresome. He doesn't do stupid characters.

The Newsroom is ridiculously smug and preachy. Written about a sel-proclaimed Republican news anchor said anchor spends every episode having a go at the Republicans and their associated factions. I think it works in the West Wing because it is written from one side, the main characters are Democrats and meant to act like it. However in the Newsroom we know one character is meant to be Republican but the whole premise of the show is that they want to make an objective news show and it doesn't work.

Still this is the West Wing thread and I love so that.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 2821
Page:   <<   < prev  91 92 93 94 [95]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The West Wing Appreciation Thread Page: <<   < prev  91 92 93 94 [95]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI