Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 23/1/2010 6:48:03 PM   
superdan

I pre-ordered it today, seriously can't wait for it now - especially after seeing the trailer and reading that review.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 91
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 23/1/2010 7:06:37 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Launch trailer HERE

I just did a sex wee.

W-fucking-OW!

Indeed, it gets better every time you watch it. It's the music that does it I think, it has the hairs on the back of my neck standing to attention.

IGN review HERE

Booked Friday off work so Amazon better get it to me on time. Luckily my free month of Amazon Prime runs till 29th Jan (coincidence eh) so I should at least get it on time. Can. Not. Wait. This is going to be the longest week ever.

He he! funnily enough I'm also using that Amazon Prime free trial. Is it a coincidence that I've ordered Mass Effect II and Bioshock II from Amazon, and want them delivered sharpish? No, it's not!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 92
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 23/1/2010 7:20:21 PM   
the anomaly

Read the IGN review ... sounds awesome!  The achievements look decent too. It's going to be immense!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 93
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 25/1/2010 12:07:54 PM   
KnightofZyryab

US Review:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/masseffect2_vdr_012210.html 

Has everybody preordered ? I really wish I had earlier because it was 29.99 on Amazon, plus their own special edition gift.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 94
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 25/1/2010 1:15:11 PM   
sharkboy

I'd pre-ordered at Amazon for £29.99, then, having checked my bank account, decided to put it on hold for a few weeks.  I went back in today to put it back on pre-order to discover the new price of £37.97. 

Still, I managed to grab the DLC for the first game when it was on offer, so that (and another run through Dragon Age to mop up the last of the achievements) will tide me over until ME2 drops in price a bit.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 95
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 25/1/2010 2:12:10 PM   
HIM

This will be the first launch day game I've bought since Uncharted 2 way back in 2009. It will be awesome too. I have fond memories of being genuinely ill over xmas 2007 and so being off work I did nothing but play Mass Effect. Good times indeed.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 96
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 25/1/2010 2:29:24 PM   
Skiba

The first is probably my favourite game since getting an Xbox but I have avoided reading anything about it up until now...watched the trailer the other day and O...M....fucking....G!

I do want to get it this week but I've only done one playthrough and about 80% on the second playthrough so am a bit concerned that I'm going to compromise the story with ME2...I basically avoided most of the side missions on the first run so my second run I was doing all the sides but got very bored as they're essentially the same so am finding it hard to pick up again

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 97
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 26/1/2010 3:02:43 PM   
superdan

Another 5-Star review, this time from the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/jan/25/mass-effect-2-game-review

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 98
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 26/1/2010 3:52:43 PM   
Skiba

Anyonne think/know if they'll be any supermarket cut-pricing for this?

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 99
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 26/1/2010 7:47:14 PM   
From_Hell

A 10/10 review on OXM online: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=16809

And a 9/10 review on Gamespot: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect2workingtitle/review.html?tag=topslot;title;1

I seriously can't wait now!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 100
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 26/1/2010 11:14:01 PM   
sharkboy

So, did anyone manage to grab the DLC for free?  Unfortunately its all showing as unavailable now

http://www.easyxbox360achievements.com/home/1-latest-news/210-mass-effect-2-dlc-leaked

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 101
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 26/1/2010 11:24:55 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

So, did anyone manage to grab the DLC for free?  Unfortunately its all showing as unavailable now

http://www.easyxbox360achievements.com/home/1-latest-news/210-mass-effect-2-dlc-leaked

I heard about that. The one day I wasn't really on ... so I missed it. Funny seeing so many people back on Mass Effect. About 5 people on my friends list are playing at the moment. You'd think it was just released.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 26/1/2010 11:25:25 PM >

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 102
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 10:45:34 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Funny seeing so many people back on Mass Effect. About 5 people on my friends list are playing at the moment. You'd think it was just released.

It's because the sequel is released this Friday so they're more than likely refreshing their minds on the story and characters. Also you can carry over your save game into Mass Effect 2 so they'll be doing that too.

Post #: 103
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 11:26:58 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

Funny seeing so many people back on Mass Effect. About 5 people on my friends list are playing at the moment. You'd think it was just released.

It's because the sequel is released this Friday so they're more than likely refreshing their minds on the story and characters. Also you can carry over your save game into Mass Effect 2 so they'll be doing that too.

Oh I know. I myself ran through my second and started my third playthrough recently. I've seen a few others playing at various times too. But it was just funny to see them playing all at once last night. I've only ever seen that with MW2 the past few months.

When you import your character do you think it notes the characters level? It would of course be silly to start at level 60 but it would be nice to get some bonus of being at certain levels. An extra class or weapon for reaching level 60 in the last game? I wonder as I am right at the end of my second playthrough and I wonder if I should bother doing anymore side quests ... or just finish the game.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 27/1/2010 11:32:11 AM >

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 104
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 11:43:30 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

I heard about that. The one day I wasn't really on ... so I missed it. Funny seeing so many people back on Mass Effect. About 5 people on my friends list are playing at the moment. You'd think it was just released.

I expect I'm going to be one of those.  I didn't finish it the 1st time round, so need to pull my thumb out of my arse and get on with it.  I've got over £100 of Gamestation credit burning a hole in my wallet!

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 105
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 12:22:41 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

When you import your character do you think it notes the characters level? It would of course be silly to start at level 60 but it would be nice to get some bonus of being at certain levels. An extra class or weapon for reaching level 60 in the last game? I wonder as I am right at the end of my second playthrough and I wonder if I should bother doing anymore side quests ... or just finish the game.

Apparently your imported character can start at Level 5, and your run-through of the 1st game counts towards the  "Long Service" achievement (or whatever it's called), meaning you only need to complete ME2 once to get it rather than the two run-throughs needed for a newly created character

WWLD?

Post #: 106
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 12:28:39 PM   
superdan

I know they've said that decisions made by your character have knock-on effects in ME2, but I'm currently striving to break level 60 before Friday with my original character by going through the game a third time with him and there's no way I haven't made conflicting decisions between those games. I'm just wondering how that will be dealt with.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 107
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 1:15:58 PM   
sharkboy

It uses the data from your ME saved game to determine the course of action in ME2.  So, if you've 2 saves from 2 run-throughs with very diverging decisions, it'll depend on which one you decide to import into the new game.

EDIT - from wiki:

quote:

Casey Hudson, Project Director for BioWare, and Greg Zeschuk, BioWare co-founder, as well as various developers on the official Mass Effect message boards, stated that players should keep their Mass Effect save-files, because decisions made by the player in the first game have influences on their character in the sequel. Each completed game is viewable by the player when deciding which save to import into Mass Effect 2, and a summary of some of the key decisions made during that game is shown to help the player make sure they import the save they mean to.

Players who have not played the first Mass Effect start a new character in Mass Effect 2, and are brought up to speed on the story elements that have taken place thus far in the series. Hudson also stated that characters from the previous game make a return, provided that they were not killed.

When transferring a file from the first Mass Effect, players have the option to change their class to a different one. For example, if the player wanted to play as an Engineer instead of an Infiltrator, the player may change their character's class while still importing the choices made in the first game. In addition, there is a story explanation as to how the character's abilities have changed.

Players receive bonuses for importing save games; for example, importing a level 60 Shepard provides the player with one hundred thousand credits, ten thousand of each resource, bonus paragon and renegade points, and allows them to start at Level 5. Additionally, the achievement Long Service Medal requires the player to beat the game twice; however, the player can also get the achievement for completing it once with an imported Shepard

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 27/1/2010 1:18:23 PM >

WWLD?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 108
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 1:22:06 PM   
superdan

Ah, that makes sense. Cool

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 109
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 3:04:22 PM   
Scott_

So you can change your classes when starting a new game? Awesome. I'm a Vanguard right now but I started messing around with an Infiltrator and found it way more fun.

Didn't know about those bonus' for importing a level 60 character, I completed my 4th playthrough last night just as I'd hit level 59 which is annoying. I'll have to burn through it quickly because HMV dispatched mine yesterday...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 110
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 27/1/2010 6:12:30 PM   
directorscut

quote:

quote:

They're all just following me because I'm cool.

My copy of ME2 was dispatched yesterday.  It's going to be a very close call as other whether I will get it on Friday or have to wait till Monday.  Thanks EA you worthless asses.  If Microsoft was still publishing it this wouldn't have happened, I probably would have had the game by now. 

Oh well.  Gives me more time to finished off my third ME character.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 111
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 11:00:56 AM   
HIM

I'm going to buy this tomorrow. And play it.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 112
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 11:14:30 AM   
From_Hell

So has anyone received it early from the likes of ShopTo, and played it yet???

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 113
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 11:14:31 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

But it doesn't work on Playstations.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 114
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 11:28:44 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

I know that. But I still have one of them Xbox 360s so I'll just play it on that instead.

I played the first game so I'm familiar with the main storyline but that was on my old Premium and I didn't transfer the save data when I got an Elite. I can't for the life of me remember what class I was. I think I was the one that could do a bit of everything i.e. use weapons and wizardry. Was that the best class or should I choose something different this time round?

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 115
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 11:40:39 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Me too, i'm going to play it so hard it has babies.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 116
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 2:01:07 PM   
superdan

I'm going to be so disappointed if my copy doesn't arrive tomorrow, especially since I've got the day off. Still haven't received the email confirming despatch form Amazon, it's not looking good

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 117
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 2:17:50 PM   
directorscut

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

I know that. But I still have one of them Xbox 360s so I'll just play it on that instead.

I played the first game so I'm familiar with the main storyline but that was on my old Premium and I didn't transfer the save data when I got an Elite. I can't for the life of me remember what class I was. I think I was the one that could do a bit of everything i.e. use weapons and wizardry. Was that the best class or should I choose something different this time round?

Lawful good elf ranger.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 118
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 2:42:34 PM   
HIM

Although I don't remember the exact names from the first game I'm reasonably certain here were no 'Lawful Good Elf Rangers'. Weren't the classes something like Sentinal, Vanguard and Biotic?

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 119
RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever - 28/1/2010 2:58:03 PM   
directorscut

No.  I think you're confusing games.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI