Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mass Effect 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 3 Page: <<   < prev  33 34 35 [36] 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 27/9/2012 2:49:11 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

That means the fiirst Mass Effect will be available for the PS3 as well. Great news for PS3 owners.

I wonder what EA had to give Microsoft for that, seeing as Microsoft published the first game.

Probably a promise of timed exclusivity on DLC for future games or some gubbins.

Actually I think it's just for the Xbox 360 mate.

quote:

Do you have "a friend" who is naive to the amazing gaming experience that is Mass Effect? Is this "friend" just looking for an excuse to jump into (arguably) the greatest trilogy on the Xbox 360? If so, do I have great news for you and your "friend"! Today, BioWare announced that they would be releasing The Mass Effect Trilogy which is set to include Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 all for one low price.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 27/9/2012 2:50:11 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1051
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 27/9/2012 2:53:46 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

That means the fiirst Mass Effect will be available for the PS3 as well. Great news for PS3 owners.

I wonder what EA had to give Microsoft for that, seeing as Microsoft published the first game.

Probably a promise of timed exclusivity on DLC for future games or some gubbins.

Not according to t'internet.

quote:

BioWare has announced the Mass Effect Trilogy Compilation, bringing the original Mass Effect to PlayStation 3 for the first time

LINK

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 27/9/2012 2:59:51 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1052
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 27/9/2012 3:09:19 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

Not according to t'internet.

quote:

BioWare has announced the Mass Effect Trilogy Compilation, bringing the original Mass Effect to PlayStation 3 for the first time

LINK

I stand corrected.

Post #: 1053
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 27/9/2012 3:44:54 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I really would like to know what carrot EA dangled in front of Microsoft to facilitate that though. Microsoft most definitely had publishing rights for the first game, I wonder what it was that made them give it up.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1054
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 27/9/2012 5:19:52 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

I really would like to know what carrot EA dangled in front of Microsoft to facilitate that though. Microsoft most definitely had publishing rights for the first game, I wonder what it was that made them give it up.

Money or women or coke or all 3.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 1055
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 27/9/2012 9:20:35 PM   
rich

Let's face it, MS had no way of making more money from it as it was - and the trilogy closed so it makes sense.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 1056
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 28/9/2012 4:31:32 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

**** PRIORITY : SURKESH SPOILERS ****

Just popping to say it's bloody great so far, done the Surkesh mission with the Thresher Maw taking out the Reaper

There's a lot of emotional deaths going on though tugging at the heartstrings with people sacrificing themselves, the first one with the Krogan was moving but since then it's become a bit contrived and cheesy with the Turian and Salarian.

**** END OF SPOILERS ****

Initially I didn't like the fact that the side missions were not marked out on the maps but now I prefer it - having everything pointed out to you takes you out of the game and it's way better to run into conversations with people naturally. However they've fucked up because once you've picked something up for a mission that mission doesn't update which is crap, i.e. normally in RPGs you'd have a mission, 'FIND X', once you find it the mission would update to 'RETURN X TO..' however ME3 doesn't do that so when you just doing minor ones like planet scanning for an artifact you can forget whether you've done it or not.

Weapons wise I've become re-acquainted with my Widow sniper rifle - I remember in the first game I'd maxed it out power wise and it's rounds were more powerful than the grenade laucher. I love this thing, taking down Mechs, exploding heads. It's a shame carrying more weapons slows down your power recharge though, it means you can't really try our new stuff - I just stick to the Sniper rifle and the assault rifle.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1057
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 28/9/2012 4:59:48 PM   
directorscut

Anachronox, one of the chief "influences" for Mass Effect is only $2.39 at gog: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/anachronox

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 1058
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 2/10/2012 11:26:17 AM   
Pratt82

Mass Effect Trilogy Bundle Announced
Update on DLC

Game Informer has apparently uncovered news from EA about the DLC to be included in the Mass Effect Trilogy.

According to a message from EA the Mass Effect Trilogy is set to include the following DLC:

quote:

On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1059
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 2/10/2012 11:35:30 AM   
Mojo

That looks awesome! I haven't got Mass Effect 3 yet, and I sold Mass Effects 1 and 2 with my original 360 before I went traveling so this is a good excuse to go through them all again. Didn't wanna go through Mass Effect 3 without my original character but if I buy this I'll just do the whole thing with a new character and take him/her through it.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1060
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 2/10/2012 11:45:29 AM   
Chief

I've never played any of them so I'm probably going to pick this up.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1061
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 2/10/2012 3:35:15 PM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I've never played any of them so I'm probably going to pick this up.

Mass Effect 1 is fantastic. The mechanics are not quite as refined or polished as 2 & 3 but goddamn the story and reveals are amazing. Loved playing the first game - would love to be playing it for the first time again. The build up is excellent and when all the cards are on the table all hell breaks loose. Great stuff.

The ending is good too

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1062
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 12:52:28 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

**** ME3 ENDING SPOILERS GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS POST IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED THE GAME ****

First of all I have to say brilliant game 10/10, gameplay. characters etc. etc. Almost as good as ME1, definately better than ME2 and completes one of the great trilogies in any medium. Some of the stuff at the end was really amazing to look at, the space battle was incredible, when you're inside the crucible and it opens up to show Earth was a really beautiful moment.

I went through all of the DLC endings (not seen the originals) and have to say I don't know what the fuss is about they are all really cool, destroying the Reapers with Shepard still alive at the end, the Synthesis one was even better fundamentally changing the galaxy, as was the control one with Shepard becoming some super being.

The Relays would have been rebuilt and order restored! A pretty positive outcome all in all - better than if they'd all ended up at the end in Purgatory busting moves in an after-war-party Still very moving to see Shepard cease to exist as he once was in two of those endings. I have no idea what the old man at the end with the kid was all about though if anyone can shed any light on that one...

My big problem was the motivation of the Reapers, i.e. we have to destroy all organic life because if we don't then eventually there will be a rise in synthetic life which will start a war/ bring chaos etc. etc. - hang on a sec, what the fuck are they themselves doing exactly? They are synthetic life bringing chaos to the galaxy on a regular interval??? Didn't this point ever filter into their hyper-intelligent CPUs?

Plus surely if they are so against this synthetic wraught chaos the logical things to consider would be :

a) Arrive at the Crucible and explain the situation to the council.
b) If they fancy tearing shit up just turn up and blow the fuck out of all the synthetics leaving organics alone.
c) Monitor the situation - if and when this synthetic-chaos scenario happens turn up on the side of organics and annihilate all the synthetics.

What you don't do if you are sentient with anything approaching a normal thought process would be to turn up every 50,000 years and terrorise the living space shit out of the galaxy by creating horrible monsters and killing everyone!!!!!

Effectively the Reapers (and Bioware's writers) didn't have a clue what the hell they were on about. It would have been better off without this stupid chaos motive and just left it as the Reapers being the psychotic war machines we all actually thought they were.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 1063
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 3:12:31 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

The Relays would have been rebuilt and order restored! A pretty positive outcome all in all 

No, they wouldn't.  The relays are Reaper tech and non of the races really know how they work.  Irregardless, you destroy them, leaving isolated civilisations across the galaxy.  Hence...
quote:

the old man at the end with the kid

Who is retelling the story (which is the game you have been playing) of how The Shepherd saved the galaxy and brought people to where they are now. 

Post #: 1064
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 3:30:41 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

The Relays would have been rebuilt and order restored! A pretty positive outcome all in all 

No, they wouldn't.  The relays are Reaper tech and non of the races really know how they work.  Irregardless, you destroy them, leaving isolated civilisations across the galaxy.  Hence...
quote:

the old man at the end with the kid

Who is retelling the story (which is the game you have been playing) of how The Shepherd saved the galaxy and brought people to where they are now. 

I think with the DLC extended cuts it shows the relays can be fixed - in one scene the Reapers are actually repairing them.

Maybe that doesn't relate to the 'Destroy' ending though

EDIT - actually just re-watching the Destroy ending and the voiceover says 'it will take time but we can rebuild everything that was destroyed' with an emphasis on 'everything'.

It does make the final post-credit scene redundant

< Message edited by Fluke Skywalker -- 8/10/2012 4:00:18 PM >

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1065
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 3:43:12 PM   
superdan

quote:

I went through all of the DLC endings (not seen the originals) and have to say I don't know what the fuss is about they are all really cool

quote:

(not seen the originals)

quote:

(not seen the originals)

quote:

(not seen the originals)

Post #: 1066
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 4:08:31 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I went through all of the DLC endings (not seen the originals) and have to say I don't know what the fuss is about they are all really cool

quote:

(not seen the originals)

quote:

(not seen the originals)

quote:

(not seen the originals)

- think I'll avoid them now as well....

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1067
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 5:45:09 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I've just seen the original endings and it's clear why people are up in arms - firstly all three are the same apart from the colour of the Crucible energy release and it's a really dark ending, the destruction of the Relays = end of the galaxy as we know it, various races would have been stranded and died out, Shepard dead/ assimilated whatever, the rest of our heroes stuck on some planet. Not a satisifactory conclusion in any way, shape or form after the tough battles and horror inflicted on the galaxy.

What Bioware have done is re-written the ending plain and simple with the DLC, pretty amazing for someone to do that but also an indication that a) they admit they got it wrong and b) they care about what their fans think.

Post #: 1068
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 6:06:26 PM   
rich

I don't think Bioware give two shits about the fanbase, or they would have got some better writers. The expanded ending is the same, just more of it.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 1069
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/10/2012 6:25:44 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

It's clearly different, one ending the Relays are destroyed as are the way of life for tens of billions in the galaxy, the other they are actually repairng them, one ending our heroes are left crashlanded on a planet, the next they are taking off - there's way more hope in the extended DLC.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1070
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 9/10/2012 6:52:34 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Here's a little test : which characters had their faces modelled on who (some are clearly a lot easier than others)

By the way I had no idea about the some of the well know actors and actresses involved in voicing the ME parts :

EDI : Tricia Helfer
James Vega (?) : Freddie Prinze Jr
Joker : Seth Green
Admiral Hackett : Lance Henriksen
Aria T'Loak : Carrie Anne-Moss
Illusive Man : Martin Sheen

Post #: 1071
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 9/10/2012 7:11:16 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Shepard
Liara
Miranda
Samara

Easy

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 1072
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 10/10/2012 3:48:48 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Good work!

Post #: 1073
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 11/10/2012 12:49:46 PM   
Invader_Ace

Default Shep looks even dumber in real life!

Post #: 1074
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/12/2012 11:51:12 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Next Mass Effect 3 DLC Has "High Potential for Tears"

Clicky

That ship's already sailed with the original ending I'm afraid.

Doubt I'll get this, I haven't bothered with any of the other DLC. I haven't even bothered with the new ending yet, I just can't be arsed.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1075
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/12/2012 12:07:33 PM   
Rhubarb

Yeah I haven't played any of the DLC, I just don't have the heart to go back to it. Which considering my position before ME3 came out is crazy, but there you go.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 1076
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/12/2012 12:13:04 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I did start a Renegade playthrough shortly after completing it. I think I got about 4 hours in before I thought "fuck it, this is bollocks" and switched it off. I haven't touched it since.

Maybe I'll get the GotY edition, if one gets released.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1077
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/12/2012 12:23:38 PM   
Rhubarb

I do want to play back through the trilogy, and make reverse descions just for the fun of seeing it play out differently (I did play ME3 alongside my housemate, but he largely made the same choices as me) but I just can't bear the thought that at the end of 2, I'll have to play through 3 again. Bioware properly broke my heart  I'm sure I will do it someday though.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 1078
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/12/2012 12:39:34 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah pretty much the same here. I want to do an Insanity run on the three games but I don't know if I'll be able to put up with the frustration when I know I've got to face ME3 again. Who knows though, maybe I won't mind the extended ending so much.

Mass Effect (or BioWare's next project as it was known then) is the reason I got a 360 in the first place so ME3 is pretty much the single most disappointing piece of media I think I've ever consumed. It's certainly up there with the Star Wars prequels at the very least.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1079
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/12/2012 1:06:32 PM   
superdan

I'm the same. I've not played the game since I first completed it, which says it all as I must have played Mass Effect 7 or 8 times and Mass Effect 2 nearly as many. The biggest crime is the fact that it's kind of ruined those two games for me since I wouldn't be able to shake the feeling while playing them that there is literally no point to any decision made at any stage.

< Message edited by superdan -- 7/12/2012 1:07:09 PM >

Post #: 1080
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 35 [36] 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 3 Page: <<   < prev  33 34 35 [36] 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI