Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mass Effect 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 3 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 26/6/2012 10:56:32 PM   
SWOTBM

SPOILERS FOR THE EXTENDED CUT:

I thought the clarification of the existing endings was pretty lame imo. Still lots of plot holes (Shepherd's breath scene, the mass relays, implication of immortality). The slide show seemed very cheap. I honestly can't see how people would choose the control or synthesis endings after playing the ME, so clarification on those endings was moot for me.

I will say that the refuse ending was a nice touch. Telling the star-child to go fuck himself felt good, though condemning the whole galaxy is a bit extreme. Given how we had taken down Reapers conventionally I thought we had a shot at beating them without the Catalyst/Crucible.

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 26/6/2012 10:57:10 PM >

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 991
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 26/6/2012 11:58:47 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

I thought the clarification of the existing endings was pretty lame imo. Still lots of plot holes (Shepherd's breath scene, the mass relays, implication of immortality). The slide show seemed very cheap. I honestly can't see how people would choose the control or synthesis endings after playing the ME, so clarification on those endings was moot for me.

I will say that the refuse ending was a nice touch. Telling the star-child to go fuck himself felt good, though condemning the whole galaxy is a bit extreme. Given how we had taken down Reapers conventionally I thought we had a shot at beating them without the Catalyst/Crucible.

SPOILERS

Well that's that ...

The whole indoctrination theory is gone out of the window. Plot holes? Sure your not given complete closure on a few thing's but this did serve to close many gaps in peoples minds. Shepherds alive ... probably beamed back down to Earth and under some rubble. Mass relays they said were damaged but could be fixed ... implication of immortality? Not sure who you mean there? Shepherd? Didn't mind the slide show ... some nice artwork there. End of the day it's sad that this wasn't done fully in the first place. For whatever reasons. You can't doubt that Bioware have worked damn hard on this and I loved the game but it's a shame that the ending will be tainted. I've said it before but I fully expected the ending we got in terms of the outcome. This was closer to adding more closure but if we could have had a few more scenes actually playing etc Ahhh well ...

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 27/6/2012 12:00:01 AM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 992
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 27/6/2012 12:40:03 AM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

SPOILERS

Well that's that ...

The whole indoctrination theory is gone out of the window. Plot holes? Sure your not given complete closure on a few thing's but this did serve to close many gaps in peoples minds. Shepherds alive ... probably beamed back down to Earth and under some rubble. Mass relays they said were damaged but could be fixed ... implication of immortality? Not sure who you mean there? Shepherd? Didn't mind the slide show ... some nice artwork there. End of the day it's sad that this wasn't done fully in the first place. For whatever reasons. You can't doubt that Bioware have worked damn hard on this and I loved the game but it's a shame that the ending will be tainted. I've said it before but I fully expected the ending we got in terms of the outcome. This was closer to adding more closure but if we could have had a few more scenes actually playing etc Ahhh well ...

They should have run with the indoctrination theory, but I think their pride got in the way. Interestingly, some people take the change of voice in the refusal ending to mean that IT is still possible The implication of immortality was specifically aimed at the synthesis ending- EDI's speech suggests that they are (or are going to be) immortal. There are 3 explanations endings (synthesis, destroy, control) and 1 new ending (refusal)- all are on Youtube if you can't face playing the game again.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 993
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 28/6/2012 12:29:29 PM   
Skiba

So this download for the new ending...do you have to play the whole bloody thing again then?

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 994
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 28/6/2012 1:11:44 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

So this download for the new ending...do you have to play the whole bloody thing again then?

No, to watch the bits that are added you have to start from the assault on the Cerberus HQ. Or you can just watch them on Youtube

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 995
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 28/6/2012 1:20:30 PM   
Skiba

quote:

quote:

No, to watch the bits that are added you have to start from the assault on the Cerberus HQ. Or you can just watch them on Youtube

Cheers...don't think I've got the energy to go through any of it again at the moment!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 996
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 2/7/2012 12:58:50 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

No you should have a save from ENDING SPOILERS - The assault on Earth to replay but once you load it will be just after you get hit by the Reaper blast. You should be able to play from there. The endings about 45 mins. Worth your time.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 2/7/2012 12:59:11 AM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 997
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 10/7/2012 10:32:52 AM   
Invader_Ace

Completed it last night with my Fem Shep Paragon.  I chose the Control the Reapers ending. 
Normal Ending as I wanted to see what all the crying was about.

Personally I didn't think it was that bad.  Certainly not as bad as the fanboy weeping has made it out to be. 
I still stick to the idea that the whole outcry is entitled moaning, but yeah there are problems with it;

[SPOILERS]

What the fuck is Joker doing?  How did Garrus get from the Battlefield back to the Normandy?!
But also, who the fuck is this Catalyst to say that organics and Synthetics will always war?  And that the "best " solution is to choose to synthesis together.  No I can't.  I'm the Shepherd who wouldn't reprogram the Geth Heretics, rather let then die fighting for what they believed in.  I'm not gonna reprogram the whole universe, now am I.

But broadly, it played out how I pretty much expected.  I knew that whatever solution was, it would mean using the Mass Relays and that I would die and not get to see what happened after,  I honestly thought the game was going to end with me stepping into some sort of sacrifice machine and a white-out.  

Biggest dissapointment though was lack of non-humanoid involvement.
The Rachni thing is a massive let down and where were all the Elcor and Hannar?  Was really hoping to see them in action, especially after I the mission for the Elcor Ambassador.

Really I wanted Non-Human Squad Mates, but not to even glimpse them in action, is a bit upsetting.
Highlight of the whole thing is when Legion turns out to be Robot Jesus.

[/SPOILERS]

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 10/7/2012 10:36:53 AM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 998
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 10/7/2012 2:35:26 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Completed it last night with my Fem Shep Paragon.  I chose the Control the Reapers ending. 
Normal Ending as I wanted to see what all the crying was about.

Personally I didn't think it was that bad.  Certainly not as bad as the fanboy weeping has made it out to be. 
I still stick to the idea that the whole outcry is entitled moaning, but yeah there are problems with it;

[SPOILERS]

What the fuck is Joker doing?  How did Garrus get from the Battlefield back to the Normandy?!
But also, who the fuck is this Catalyst to say that organics and Synthetics will always war?  And that the "best " solution is to choose to synthesis together.  No I can't.  I'm the Shepherd who wouldn't reprogram the Geth Heretics, rather let then die fighting for what they believed in.  I'm not gonna reprogram the whole universe, now am I.

But broadly, it played out how I pretty much expected.  I knew that whatever solution was, it would mean using the Mass Relays and that I would die and not get to see what happened after,  I honestly thought the game was going to end with me stepping into some sort of sacrifice machine and a white-out.  

Biggest dissapointment though was lack of non-humanoid involvement.
The Rachni thing is a massive let down and where were all the Elcor and Hannar?  Was really hoping to see them in action, especially after I the mission for the Elcor Ambassador.

Really I wanted Non-Human Squad Mates, but not to even glimpse them in action, is a bit upsetting.
Highlight of the whole thing is when Legion turns out to be Robot Jesus.

[/SPOILERS]

Had you downloaded the revised ending? Or did you just watch the original?

That's the problem too even though they've revised the ending there's no guaranteeing people will download it OR watch it before the original either.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 999
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 10/7/2012 3:06:19 PM   
Invader_Ace

Just the regular ending.  As I wanted to see what all the fuss was.

Have since downloaded the extended ending, for next time.

However, if it wasn't for the internet and being a fan of the franchise, I wouldn't have even known about it, as it hasn't been flagged up by the title screen or the Xbox dashboard.  So you're right a lot of people may totally miss it.

Actually just realised something else I was a bit dissapointed with
[SPOILERS]
No face to face payback for Harbinger.  At the end you get a radio message saying he has pulled away from the battle to come get the Crucible, but then that's it.  After The Illusive Man capped himself, I was really expecting him to say "assuming direct control" and get back up again.
[SPOILERS]

However, overall it's an awesome series.

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 10/7/2012 3:09:33 PM >

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1000
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 10/7/2012 8:10:30 PM   
Cool Breeze

MASSIVE SPOILERS TO MASS EFFECT 3 EXTENDED CUT.....

Finished my second playthrough on this using Femshep and utilising the extended ending.I found it a lot more satisfying than when i finished it the first time as now i had SOME idea of what was going on and what the choices meant.I went for the '' control '' ending as i thought it was the best possible option.I could have destroyed all synthetics but that meant the war would being again eventually and it also meant killing EDI and i like her.Synthesis seemed out of the question for me as well.

I chose control because i would end the war by controlling the reapers.The extended ending i thought was very touching as the crew made a memorial to Shep and i would be watching over them.It also showed that i would help rebuild the mass relays using the reapers.Hey i get to be a GOD! Thats not a bad way to end up right?

Overall a fantastic game and kudos to Bioware giving us better closure than what we got before.Sure they could have done it better originally but it showed that they do listen to fans and learn from their mistakes.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 10/7/2012 8:11:10 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1001
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 11/7/2012 12:41:16 PM   
Scott_

Did the Extended Cut last night, still comes down to space magic and makes zero sense but it's slightly better. I had to do it twice though......*****SPOILERS BELOW******

First time around I shot the little bastard, he went mental and killed everything. It ends with a beacon on a planet (might be Eden Prime) transmitting Liaras message about the war with the reapers and the crucible warning future races of the danger. The Stargazer after the credits is changed to an Asari aswell...

2nd go I went with my original destroy choice, all synthetic life died (sorry EDI!), the relays kinda broke (no explosion this time), Lance Henriksen explains shit over some comic panels (Jacob goes on to be a teacher! Closure!) and then I got the memorial on the Normandy which then cuts the the remains of the citadel with Shepard laying in the rubble alive.

< Message edited by Scott_ -- 11/7/2012 12:42:42 PM >

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1002
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/8/2012 5:39:34 PM   
Peter Griffin

About halfway though my insanity run, piece of piss so far.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1003
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/8/2012 5:42:49 PM   
Scott_

Yeah, I only had one problem and that was right at the end. The smoother combat makes it easier, I can't get past Eden Prime on Hardcore in ME1.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 1004
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/8/2012 5:45:38 PM   
kata

Should have this tomorrow from Love film, will I still get the extended stuff?

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1005
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/8/2012 5:54:49 PM   
Scott_

Nah, I should think you'll have to download it.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 1006
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 7/8/2012 6:35:53 PM   
rich

Yeah just get it in advance

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1007
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/8/2012 12:19:56 AM   
Saltire

Just finished my third playthrough of the first game the other day and about to start my second playthrough of ME2 (I wish the DLC was a bit cheaper on that though as I wanna play all of it); after which I can't wait to get my hands on ME3 and actually want to see the so-called 'bad ending' just because its so controversial. I really hope it isn't all balloons and whistles in the remade ending however as I'd prefer an unusual ending to schmultz.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1008
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/8/2012 5:51:25 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Yeah, I only had one problem and that was right at the end. The smoother combat makes it easier, I can't get past Eden Prime on Hardcore in ME1.

I know what you mean!

Just got ME3 through the post today so can't wait to get home from work. Where do you download the extended ending, Xbox Marketplace?

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 8/8/2012 5:53:57 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1009
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/8/2012 5:54:35 PM   
Scott_

Yeah, its on the marketplace along with a couple of free multiplayer DLC packs.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1010
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 8/8/2012 7:06:45 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

I know what you mean!

Just got ME3 through the post today so can't wait to get home from work. Where do you download the extended ending, Xbox Marketplace?

Its not hard if you use cover a lot and have Immunity if your a soldier, the only difficulty I had was the Krogan's later on Hardcore and Insanity who were a nightmare till I used lift and throw to knock them off ledges.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1011
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 9/8/2012 10:35:04 AM   
kata

Started on insanity last night, I always consider other classes but end up as a Sentinel.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1012
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 9/8/2012 4:38:13 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

quote:

I know what you mean!

Its not hard if you use cover a lot and have Immunity if your a soldier, the only difficulty I had was the Krogan's later on Hardcore and Insanity who were a nightmare till I used lift and throw to knock them off ledges.

I will keep this in mind.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1013
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 10/8/2012 12:26:50 AM   
kata

Blasting husks into space doesn't get old.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1014
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 14/8/2012 6:37:50 PM   
big dawg

finished it today....seemed to have killed everyone except Joker and EDI.

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 1015
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 15/8/2012 12:28:58 AM   
rich

That is not the extended cut surely, just the unedited "jungle landing" endning without the full epilogue.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 1016
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 15/8/2012 5:44:46 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

Lol you psycho

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 1017
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 15/8/2012 7:40:48 PM   
big dawg

quote:

quote:

Lol you psycho

I didnt mean to!

I reckon, like rich said, I completed it with the original ending, which now can understand why folks hated it. Not much in the sense of closure for a lot of the characters. I'll need to get my Xbox live hooked up so i can download the extended ending and see if its any better. I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. It wasnt as bad as a lot of people made out, and I reckon it had to end the way it did. Just felt a bit ho hum. I preferred ME2 I think

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1018
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 16/8/2012 10:47:19 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lol you psycho

I didnt mean to!

I reckon, like rich said, I completed it with the original ending, which now can understand why folks hated it. Not much in the sense of closure for a lot of the characters. I'll need to get my Xbox live hooked up so i can download the extended ending and see if its any better. I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. It wasnt as bad as a lot of people made out, and I reckon it had to end the way it did. Just felt a bit ho hum. I preferred ME2 I think

Ignoring most of what you are saying there mate as I haven't played ME3 yet!!

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 1019
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 21/8/2012 7:20:42 PM   
Peter Griffin

Fucking banshees aaaarrrggghhh.
Stuck on the last missle bit on earth, insanity run indeed.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1020
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 3 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI