Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Mass Effect 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 3 Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 29/5/2012 8:30:08 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly
Annoying achievement 1: Gunsmith. My play through I could not upgrade my guns past level 5. Bull.

You can upgrade past 5 on the second playthrough. As soon as I saw the Council on the Citadel and went back and upgraded my gun and it popped straight away.

It keeps capping it though! I've done the first mission on mars. Finally get to my ship. Then I can only buy guns up to level 7. If you can tell I can't be asked to play through the whole game again. Don't have the time. I'd rather just do the killing in multi as at least I can play with mates etc.

quote:

Annoying achievement 2: Reach level 60 or 20 . Well I'm level 20 and no achievement for one. Plus I'm level 59 right at the end of the game but in the free roam I'm back to 57? WTF?

I've heard there has been some issues with this popping but getting to L60 on a second playthrough should do it.

Lucky I was not far off. After you get to the first mission it popped. But it should have been done already as I was level 20 on multi.

quote:

Annoying achievement 3: Hijack and Atlas - Never saw the option in the game but I have used one before.

Take out the pilot of an Atlas with a sniper rifle without destroying it. You can then walk up to it and hijack it. I got it on the last atlas in the game. Alternatively if you have some nice friends play against cerberus on MP and tell them not to destroy it. (There are some hints for this on the loading screens)

Thought so. But each time I've tried doing that the pilot doesn't die and it just blows up.

quote:

Annoying achievement 4: Veteran - Kill 5,000 enemies? REALLY? After whole playthrough with all side missions done and quite a bit of multi I'm at 2870.

A couple of playthroughs and some MP should do it. Bioware have been keen for everyone to play through the game twice since the first one. Annoying but not unexpected.

They have scaled playthrough achievements back with each game though. I was hoping to do one clean playthrough. I clocked the first one 3.5 times and honestly twice is enough by far.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

It seems that there aren't enough war assets in the game to gain enough military strength to get the Achievement and best ending so you have to play multiplayer to bump up the Military Readiness.... Is it right that you can only get the Master And Commander achievement/trophy (and therefore the best ending) by playing multiplayer?

YES. You collect war assets in the single player. Your "Readiness" is mostly/if not completely earned in the multi-player Your final assault works out as whatever your war assets are say 100 and then the military readiness dictates how much of that you will actually use. So if your readiness is 50% your final war assets would be 50.

NO. You can also get 100% through playing the game on the iPad\iPhone. Datapad is free but slower. The other game is quicker but you have to pay for. I borrowed an iPad and got it in about 5 days.

Not everyone has an iPad/iPhone. But fair point. I checked after you mentioned and I saw there was a game (looked decent) but you had to pay and it was proper shooter/me phone game. I have to say I hate playing games on my phone like that. I got Dead Space on sale and I appreciate the technical feat but hate the controls. Without

feedback and the restrictions of a button it can just become a mess. Call me old fashioned.

Apparently you will be able to do it via single player on Xbox only in later DLC but it is technically possible to get 1000 without playing MP now

How much DLC is coming out? I know they are expanding the ending but well ... after that I've done everything. So my free roam is just stand there and wait for DLC

Having said that I have found MP to be very good and much better than most games (Probably as it is all PvE).

It has been decent fun. I saved it to the last min and got the ranking up. I kicked it up to 100% but I've heard 70% is fine for the best ending?

Alas I had a great time with it. These are just my gripes at the end. More on the ending .. latter.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I cant get into a multiplayer match on this AT ALL.And its not from lack of trying.

Xbox 360 or PS3? Never had troubles on the former. As I said I've played quite a bit and hosted. Always quick either way.

Thanks Anomaly and DJ Satan. I don't have a access to an iPad/iPhone, so can't play the ios games so I pushed the boat out and had a couple of multiplayer matches. It's actually surprisingly enjoyable, and doesn't seem to take too long to get your Readiness Rating up.

Anom, as far as I'm aware, it doesn't matter what Readiness Rating you have. As long as it's high enough to raise your EMS above the reported 4,000 threshold you get the best ending, you don't necessarily have to have a RR above 70% or any other amount

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 961
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 29/5/2012 9:18:35 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Thanks mate. I know how the multiplyers work, it just chafes a bit that I have to play multiplayer in order to bump up my Readiness Rating so I get the best ending and achievement. I've done all the side quests, and I think I've scanned all available areas and my EMS is not above the reported 4,000 that is required. I thought Bioware said words to the effect of you don't have to play multiplayer to get any of the achievements. ...

According to a lot of forums I checked a couple of months back it is actually possible to get the 4000 without playing multiplayer but you have to have done very specific things across the 3 games. So technically Bioware were telling the truth although I'm not buying it. I did everything in my playthrough and had everyone possible on my side but still only managed to get my WA to 3800 odd.

I still can't bring myself to finish my 2nd playthrough of this .

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 29/5/2012 9:19:44 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 962
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 29/5/2012 1:17:28 PM   
Yeti

The ridiculous amount of walking about RPG OCDesque style now feels like an utter waste of time, and frankly now just makes me angry. Or that emotion you get by holding down for most conversation choices.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 963
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 15/6/2012 11:24:57 PM   
rich

Fuck you Bioware. That's all I have to say.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 964
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 15/6/2012 11:29:36 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

The ridiculous amount of walking about RPG OCDesque style now feels like an utter waste of time, and frankly now just makes me angry. Or that emotion you get by holding down for most conversation choices.

Yes, I especially like that all those people I spent hours helping on the Citadel would seem to be mulch now.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 965
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 16/6/2012 12:51:10 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

I'd agree ... there's quite a bit of walking.

I was buzzing all the way through and honestly ... I'd walk around EVERYWHERE repeatedly just so I wouldn't miss a tid bid. I held on to each conversation in the game. Just didn't want to miss anything. So I've probably added a few hours onto the game just aimlessly walking around.

Totally forgot I was going back to this thread to discuss the ending.

ENDING SPOILERS

MASS EFFECT 3 ENDING - Quite a bit doesn't completely add up. I don't buy completely into the indoctrination theory. I'll have to add the video link here for those who have not seen it. But in short one guy takes each argument and checks through each abnormality. He makes a convincing argument for his theory but the best part is he just weighs each point up.

My first impression. I wasn't surprised by the end choices. I always thought it would end in that fashion. Simply defeating the reapers would be too simple. They are a ridiculously powerful foe. It reminded me of the conclusion to the Matrix series in a lot of ways.

Yet it was the execution I had issues with. Which if it all links to the indoctrination theory ... Bioware may just pull it off. Still that's incredibly risky as they'd have to hope people bother with the DLC and have not found something new and I can't remember the statistic but not everyone even has on-line. They may be in the minority but still that's still a section of customers who may well miss the true ending and be dissatisfied customers.

Back to the ending. Looking back now ... I'd say Shephard isn't indoctrinated but is being bombarded with it at the end of the game. I'm not sure if he actually completes the mission or not. The finale section with the Reaper child could be real. If like the Matrix for example he is part of a higher control who is impartial. IF the Reapers truly are a form of control for the galaxy then there could be a higher power that controls them. IF all this is true the ending could be partly true. Yet the fact is you only see Shepard live when you chose destroy the Reapers. In my mind where I am now is Shephard was in that situation and he destoryed the Reapers. But it didn't happen how we saw things.

You may think I sound like a deluded fan boy but there is oh so much wrong with the ending. Watch the video and then have a think.

The biggest selling point for me is everything that happens when your in the Reaper base. Oh so many contradictions and abnormalities. From that point I think Shepard is being bombarded with indoctrination. He breaks free of it enough to find the Reapers weak spot/to activate the crucible. They try reasoning with him one last time, hence the Reaper child ... which honestly again whilst much more subtle is still full of holes and then you make your choice. As I said I doubt the other two choices are truly even there. As the ending you see is a flash of what Shepard imagines if you chose destroy OR reaper indoctrination if you chose the others.

Which is why again it's a flash of random scenes:
- The relays being destroyed - What the Reaper Child said would happen.
- Earth being saved - As you'd imagine
- Your team out running a blast - this is random it implies they've jumped away and are out running a destroyed relay either way it ties into ...
- Your team being safe on another planet - How Shepard would like to imagine his friends at peace
It's all a dream like vision of either a flash before being knocked out and surviving or the last scenes before his death if you chose the other options. The fact he survives only if you chose destroy again ties into all this.

Well this isn't the one I saw but brings a lot of points to the table

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck&feature=watch_response_rev

To be fair I'm so late to the party you guys have explored this but my old post about this got deleted ... so that's my ramble so far.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 16/6/2012 12:54:11 AM >

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 966
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 16/6/2012 1:00:34 AM   
rich

This sums it up

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

Weekend write-ups

Post #: 967
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 16/6/2012 1:43:30 AM   
directorscut

The only video about ME3 you need to watch is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiN8gL40d84 (well, technically 5).

Post #: 968
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 16/6/2012 1:51:54 AM   
rich

This will make it all better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpeRk1YFn8s&feature=relmfu

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 969
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 9:33:01 PM   
From_Hell

Extended Ending Cut coming on June 26th

http://www.oxm.co.uk/43111/mass-effect-3-ending-extended-cut-dlc-dated-new-artwork-released/

Even though it's free, I don't think I give a shit anymore....

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 970
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 9:50:41 PM   
big dawg

I've just started 3 and all i'm reading is how bad the ending is. Surely it's not THAT bad?

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 971
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 9:53:58 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: big dawg

I've just started 3 and all i'm reading is how bad the ending is. Surely it's not THAT bad?

It is.

Actually it's worse...

< Message edited by Scott_ -- 22/6/2012 9:54:19 PM >

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 972
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 9:54:26 PM   
directorscut

quote:

Think up the worst ending you can - - - then multiply it by infinity.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 973
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 10:02:42 PM   
Peter Griffin

Tin hat on, i didn't think the ending was as bad as everyone was saying, nothing to lose sleep over anyway.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 974
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 10:05:54 PM   
big dawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

It is.

Actually it's worse...

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Think up the worst ending you can - - - then multiply it by infinity.

ahhh tits....is the journey there worth it though?

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 975
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 10:08:04 PM   
Scott_

Yes. It has some of the best moments in the series. Proper good stuff apart from the end really.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 976
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 22/6/2012 10:13:01 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Extended Ending Cut coming on June 26th

http://www.oxm.co.uk/43111/mass-effect-3-ending-extended-cut-dlc-dated-new-artwork-released/

Even though it's free, I don't think I give a shit anymore....

Judgement day.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 977
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 9:53:20 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

I played it fairly recently, and thought the same thing when I started it. The ending is monumental in its badness. Don't let this put you off, the journey is fantastic

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 978
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 10:06:08 AM   
sanchia

It is a case of enjoy the ride as the journey is the best thing about it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 979
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 11:38:32 AM   
SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

I played it fairly recently, and thought the same thing when I started it. The ending is monumental in its badness. Don't let this put you off, the journey is fantastic

Whilst I agree with you that the rest of the game is well done, the ending just kinda left me thinking; ''so what was the the point of all that?'' Made the journey (not just ME3, but the whole series) seem incredibly hollow.

I'm hoping Bioware can redeem themselves, I doubt it though since they are going for explanation instead of going back to the drawing board. Hopefully they go for IT....

In any event, the web-comic is now the canon ending for me.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 980
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 11:56:45 AM   
superdan

quote:

ahhh tits....is the journey there worth it though?

Absolutely, yes. The ending is lamentably poor, but the game up to that point is pretty great. An easy 8.5/10 from me until the last ten minutes or so.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 981
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 1:26:51 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

It is.

Actually it's worse...

And that's an understatement!

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 982
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 1:41:19 PM   
rich

Okay something positive about it all, this short comic is really good and riffs on the things you pick up during the Grunt mission and one of the more touching moments of the game

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/escapist-comics/9758-Blue-Rose-of-Illium

< Message edited by rich -- 23/6/2012 2:55:31 PM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 983
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 1:54:32 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Okay something posetive about the all, this short comic is really good and riffs on the things you pick up during the Grunt mission and one of the more touching moments of the game

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/escapist-comics/9758-Blue-Rose-of-Illium

Nice, didn't know about that one. I posted this a couple of weeks back, but I'll post it again (apparently he has had 1 million views ). It's a web-comic strip which sets out how the ending should have gone. The first six or so strips are fairly weak-sauce, but stick with it because there are some awesome moements in it.

http://koobismo.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0#

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 984
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 2:56:08 PM   
rich

Yeah waiting for more episodes here

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 985
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 3:45:23 PM   
directorscut

The ending is far from the only thing wrong with the game. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it's a perfect game apart from the ending.

Auto-dialog
Awful opening
Stupid putting all eggs into unknown basket plot
Sparse dialog wheel (generally only 2-choices - did you play a neutral Shepard before? Good luck!)
Endless wave combat
Contradictions of previously established lore.
Goddamn dreams
Auto-dialog
Kai Lang
Cerberus space-ninjas
Little consequences for your actions throughout the series
Proving ME2 had no point at all.
Adolescent-like sexualisation of every female character
Auto-dialog

Etc. etc.

Basically ME3 has two really good parts - Tuchanka and Rannoch and a couple of really good character moments - but the rest of the game is either middling or poor.

Still better than ME2.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 986
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 5:02:05 PM   
rich

Agreed on many of those but it's no way better than ME2

Weekend write-ups

Post #: 987
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 5:30:02 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

The ending is far from the only thing wrong with the game. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it's a perfect game apart from the ending.

Auto-dialog
Awful opening
Little consequences for your actions throughout the series
Proving ME2 had no point at all.
Auto-dialog

Still better than ME2.

I'd agree (to varying degrees) with these.

Post #: 988
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 23/6/2012 6:25:36 PM   
big dawg

Wow, really mixed reviews there (apart from everyone agreeing the ending was pants). I'm kind of going into it with some trepidation. I enjoyed ME2, and most of the DLC so I'll be disappointed if it's rendered pointless. We'll see how it goes and I'll be sure to let you know my feelings on it

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 989
RE: Mass Effect 3 - 26/6/2012 9:51:08 PM   
rich

Extended Cut is out today (well except PS3 because Sony are awkward). Fixes bugger all, but does create a more satisfying ending overall.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 990
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Mass Effect 3 Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI