Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Where's Wally / Waldo Headed To Screen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Where's Wally / Waldo Headed To Screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where's Wally / Waldo Headed To Screen - 2/6/2009 8:00:04 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Loved the books as a kid... but the film...? - 2/6/2009 8:00:04 AM   
JoKeRJaMeZ

The film could be genius, but I'm not overly optimistic...
This is gonna have to be a humongous film in order to work... Lots of crowds, and lots of people dressed up... Fingers crossed!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
so, the plot - 2/6/2009 8:34:26 AM   
inkedbeatnik

tom hanks plays an amnesiac tourist wrongly accused of a theft he didn't commit. Christian Bale plays the corrupt cop sent to track him down. 'WHERES'S WALLY?' he bellows with his Batman growl. "WHERE IS HE?" Cue much Doug Bradley choreographed shaky-cam action. David Lynch directs, delving into not only Wally's amnesia, but his sense of displacement in a world in which he is, quite literally, always lost

Post #: 3
... - 2/6/2009 9:49:24 AM   
inkedbeatnik

and this screams out for the 3D treatment.

Post #: 4
WHAT NEXT....? - 2/6/2009 10:38:19 AM   
charlesmoonshrub

This is getting silly. I'm expecting the announcement of a Calvin and Hobbes film any second. Hobbes is a farting CG tiger voiced by one of the Wayan brothers (and spelt Hobb'z), Calvin's played by Dakota Fanning. There's lots of crass sexual "humour" to keep adults entertained and they have to save the world. Coming 2011 (From 3 of the 11 writers of Epic Movie)

Post #: 5
Smacks of desperation - 2/6/2009 11:34:55 AM   
bobthegrinch

I agree with charlesmoonshrub. This is getting absolutely ridiculous and it just stinks of desperation on the part of film studios that they're snapping up things that have no business being turned into films or tv series. Guitar Hero, Facebook, Twitter, Where's Wally don't have any plot to speak of (although I remember a Wally cartoon with a sweet theme tune) and the only reason they're trying is because they think people will go because of brand recognition. They're most likely going to be awful and just because people have heard of something doesn't mean they'll go to see a film, especially when the premise is so ridiculous.

Adapting books and comics is a different matter because some actually have characters and stories worth adapting but the amount of remakes going on, combined with this adapting any product that is ever released is depressing. Is there no original talent out there? I also question the 'creative' people that are agreeing to write scripts and stuff for these projects. If all they wanted to do was make money they should be business men but if you work in a creative industry, be creative.

Post #: 6
The only way I would watch this is if they did somethin... - 2/6/2009 11:46:43 AM   
Mopictures

Where's Wally reimagined as The Bourne Ultimatum! One huge chase movie, with Wally being tracked by all the governments on Earth, but he's like a ghost! Oh he's like smoke! He's like the night! Hell, if Mark Wahberg's character had red and white striped bobble hat, I may even have liked Shooter! Only if they do something quite this crazy will the film be worth while! It's already a bit of a joke, take it all the way.

Post #: 7
PS... - 2/6/2009 11:49:31 AM   
Mopictures

charlesmoonshrub, you're totally right! But I can reassure you that the genius that is Bill Watterson has never sold his work to be made into anything. That's a man with standards!

Post #: 8
- 2/6/2009 2:00:00 PM   
evildave69

What's the point?

Post #: 9
I found him!! - 2/6/2009 5:30:23 PM   
Gabriel

Oh no wait, that's just a lazy, crap idea for a movie...

Post #: 10
There was a Cartoon Show! - 2/6/2009 6:57:53 PM   
BrianShields25

back in the day, and it wasn't that bad. They can definitely fit a plot around the character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6dICWaA6FY

theme song was weak though

Post #: 11
it's possible... - 3/6/2009 7:34:42 AM   
Lemure

they'll need a quality actor to give Wally some character, and as for plot... In the right hands it could be very good - in the right hands!

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Where's Wally / Waldo Headed To Screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI