Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 5/6/2009 9:49:08 AM   
impqueen

It has been announced that the debris found isn't from the Air France plane.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8083474.stm

< Message edited by impqueen -- 5/6/2009 9:50:24 AM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 31
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 5/6/2009 10:27:48 AM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

Lost Jokes are not funny - this is a serious matter, families are distraught trying to find out news - what if that was you or someone from your family.

A girl in my flat tried to pull a lost joke - and i stopped her immediately - it's just not funny.

My prayers are with the families.

Well said . Try to imagine yourself or someone you love going through the final moments on that plane . Sheer terror and unimaginable noise and pain . I hope it was quick for them at least .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 32
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 5/6/2009 10:47:11 AM   
Mr Terrific

So, now it appears. Even less is actually known about what happened. No debris of the plane has been found. Its very strange. I doubt the plane will ever be found. My heart goes out to the relatives and friends of those abroad. 

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 33
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 5/6/2009 11:42:12 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

So, now it appears. Even less is actually known about what happened. No debris of the plane has been found. Its very strange. I doubt the plane will ever be found. My heart goes out to the relatives and friends of those abroad. 

I just read about this myself - I really feel for the relatives right now.  I mean I imagine a lot of them will be devastated as it is, but probably most of them will need closure - i.e this is wreckage from the plane, this is where it went down and, I think, if I were in their shoes I'd be wanting confirmation of bodies being found.    The wife of my dad's friend who went down reportedly put a champagne on ice not that long after it'd happened in the hope that if her husband were to come back to her they could celebrate.

There's probably a tiny piece of all the relatives who, although rationally know there'll be no survivors, hope that somehow, somewhere, their husband/wife/son/daughter made a miraculous escape and is currently just holding on for rescue.  I know I would.   No matter what the papers/police say - I'd still have that tiny ounce of hope until it was completely confirmed that the wreckage has been found and some bodies too.

I don't think any of us can begin to know how they're feeling right now.   Particularly with the debris not being part of the Airfrance flight.

My thoughts are definitely with them all.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 34
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 5/6/2009 3:56:05 PM   
Timon

Makes you think that there must be a lot of general crap in the sea if this debris can be mistaken for wreckage from a plane crash.

Such patches of refuse in the sea surely can't help search matters, nor the fact that a thunderstorm is about to hit the area.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 35
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 6/6/2009 6:26:56 PM   
Mr Terrific

It seems some bodies have been recovered. At least, maybe some of the relatives and friends of the passengers can actually bury the remains of their loved ones.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8087303.stm

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 36
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 7/6/2009 7:35:00 AM   
JoeyPottr

As horrific as it is recovering some of the bodies might at least add some closure or give investigators an idea of what happened. Or not. This is just unbelievable and sad. Thoughts are with the families.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 37
RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic - 17/9/2012 3:06:02 PM   
paulyboy

Anyone see the documentary on Channel 4 last night about this, really interesting stuff.

Aside from some frozen speed sensors (and as a result the computer giving some strange readings) there was actually nothing wrong with the plane, perfectly air worthy.

Unfortunate combination of fly-by-wire foibles, a storm they really should have diverted around and some inexperience in the cockpit.

Tragic loss, and so easily avoidable as it turns out, real shame.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: French Plane Disappears Over Atlantic Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI