Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Empire Village

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Empire Village Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Empire Village - 31/5/2009 5:38:25 PM   
Incanus

I could be Baron Julius Aenobarbus Parzifal Vlkodlak or "Vukodlac," living in my now derelict family Manor of Schrecklichheim, overlooking the fjord (a couple of miles off the village proper), once described in a late 14th Cen. manuscript (cod. oxon. lat. 1576, ca. 1389 or 1391, f. 342v.) as the Dreaded Castle of Utterly Lethal Peril, a place of  blood-curdling fear and whispered menace, wreathed in shadow and omnipresent mist, haunting the village for over six centuries.

The castle predates this en passant reference by Friar Giscard de Chatillon, whose Chronicle, as his pilgrimage, allegedly came to an abrupt end around these parts, possibly on the eve of summer solstice 1389 or 1391. It is perched upon the summit of a hill crowned with rugged, razor-sharp rocks, and only a narrow and by now quite tatty road may lead up to its gate, which, according to witnesses, is said to emanate a strange bluish-green flame under the moonlight. On occasion, it has also been reported by the odd trespasser, that the everdark forest surrounding the grounds were filled with the nightmarish howls of either an unnatural wind or, stranger yet, wolves, but since there has never been report or substantial evidence of any wolves inhabiting the area, the stories have been dismissed as old-wives' tales...or were they?

Only the village elders can vaguely recall the last time the Castle had received any visitors and seen them leave its grounds...alive. In the years following the last war, the family had all but disappeared and the castle had fallen into a bad state of repair, overgrown with wild ivy and all manner of plantlife of an unsavoury nature, wild mauve rhubarb mostly. One November evening about two decades ago, a ravishing, young-looking man (of an undeterminable age, though) returned to the castle, followed by his mysterious entourage of three exceptionally beautiful ladies, calling himself the 18th Baron von Schrecklichheim Vlkodlac, that's me. He was a strange spectacle to behold: his left eye was sapphire-blue, his right eye emerald-green. He had long white hair that glimmered silver in the moonlight and in his long-fingered, ebony hands he delicately held a golden key, the key that is to the manor door. In a smooth, almost flowing movement he approached the door, and then, in what appeared to be a moment of whispered incantations the door gave way before the odd company, that proceeded inside as gently as a summer breeze riding the whirling fog around them. The still, smothering silence of the shadowy forest was suddenly rent by the hint of a sinister laughter, not quite human, not totally sounding like that of a hyena. For a fleeting moment, the village preacher, Shool, who had witnessed the eerie scene from behind a rose shrub, thought he had felt a chill draught rushing through the aged tree-branches, and he could swear for several winters thereafter that a heavier and deeper shadow had seemed to settle on the black wall of impenetrable trees, obscuring almost all sight of the castle.

Today, Shool's account is material for stories to scare children, and not much credit is accorded to the preacher, half-demented, half-drunkard as he is.

As for me, the Baron von Vlkodlac, I rarely venture outside the bounds of my family's estate...or at least I am very rarely seen to do so...

< Message edited by Incanus -- 31/5/2009 5:40:13 PM >

WINTER IS COMING

T h e 2 4 t h F r a m e . c o . u k

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 121
RE: The Empire Village - 31/5/2009 6:42:03 PM   
Mr Dead

k

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn
I don't know whether I should be in love with you Dead or afraid of you!

my sig is not quite as witty or clever as Circe's

A thinker and a fighter since day 1 of the Zombie Apocalypse

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 122
RE: The Empire Village - 31/5/2009 8:13:35 PM   
dhowdy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

Oh and dhowdy, there is no way you will ever get elected mayor. I'm a power freak.

Don't listen to him, he's dead. I killed him.

well if you killed me, how am i able to write this??? i guess i must be the....undead of the village..oohh...what fun...

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 123
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 10:19:29 AM   
Gamba

I think I'll be 'round your pub later for a few drinks Harley. I'm having a rough day in my practice - I've had the local grumpy, OAP come visit me for 30 mins to complain in great detail about his piles, and someone brought their sick kid for me to look at, who promptly threw up all over the floor. I can't get rid of the smell, and in this heat, it's unbearable!

I hope I'll find some nice gentlemen in the pub to buy me a drink and cheer me up

Oh and Baby Bear, I'd be very happy to hire you to do my gardening as you sound very capable. But I don't think you can fulfull ALL my gardening needs. Could you perhaps hire a rugged young male assistant, who's job it is to show off his muscles by carrying heavy tools around while shirtless?

Sometimes I look up and think, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....

.... and then it hits me...

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 124
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 10:44:47 AM   
Harley Quinn

OK Gamba, I think my barman is missing in action so I'll have to serve you myself.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 125
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 12:32:54 PM   
King_Bard

*throw's bottle of milk at Sword*

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 126
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 12:38:35 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Ok, so in this village we have a preacher (essential, although likely to go nuts and kill himself at some point) a pub, complete with barman, bouncer and loner. We have more than one handsome mysterious guy, and more than one slut. Plus we have Deviation the philosopher who seems to take a line in vigilante justice against newlegs and his nacho obsessed lieutenant. Then there is the serial killer/shop owner and his milkman.

Did I miss anyone?

I'm the chief of police (i'm guessing that means i'm the only policeman) with eternal youth.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 127
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 12:44:31 PM   
igotnewlegs

Damn, I leave the village for two days and democracy creeps back in. I leave Clarence in charge and this happens. Where is my (technically retarded) right hand man anyway?

Oh, and all Hail the glorious return of Newlegs! Heil! Heil!Heil!.

er, I mean Hail...

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 128
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 2:51:49 PM   
swordsandsandals

*wiping milk off face*

Newlegs, your days are done. Rinc rules with an iron fist, and Clarence possibly shot himself because he thought it looked fun. No one knows.

Meanwhile, Gamba, I have some special... ahem... mayoral duties for you. If you could come on a private house visit, preferably when the village preacher isn't there to judge us.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 129
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 3:15:35 PM   
Rinc

You're old news Newlegs, i'm gonna lock you up in a cell so dark you'll never see sunlight again.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 130
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 3:17:23 PM   
Deviation

Oh, as the town philosopher I say that we should open up a brothel.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 131
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 3:18:48 PM   
Rinc

I agree, it should be regulated so as not to present any crime problems. I would like to investigate any potential ladies myself.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 132
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 3:22:10 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

You're old news Newlegs, i'm gonna lock you up in a cell so dark you'll never see sunlight again.

This town ain't big enough the both of us Sheriff. I say we settle this like men - say the break of dawn in the town square. I've got some minor duties in the clock tower a couple of minutes before that so if you think you see the glint of, say a sniper rifle sight for example, that's just me cleaning the bells nice and shiny like.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 133
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 3:23:39 PM   
Rinc

You won't even make it to the tower. Just watch your back.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 134
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 4:15:05 PM   
Gamba

quote:

Meanwhile, Gamba, I have some special... ahem... mayoral duties for you. If you could come on a private house visit, preferably when the village preacher isn't there to judge us.

Sure I'll be 'round as soon as I've seen my last couple of patients.

BTW - do you need me to bring the special cream? Or is it something else you need "treating" this time?

Post #: 135
RE: The Empire Village - 1/6/2009 5:47:46 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I agree, it should be regulated so as not to present any crime problems. I would like to investigate any potential ladies myself.

Hmm, I may need to start hanging around the bordello rather than the pub.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 136
RE: The Empire Village - 2/6/2009 10:04:21 AM   
Mason Verger

I'm not to keen on the dress code...

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 137
RE: The Empire Village - 2/6/2009 10:28:13 AM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Incanus

I could be Baron Julius Aenobarbus Parzifal Vlkodlak or "Vukodlac," living in my now derelict family Manor of Schrecklichheim, overlooking the fjord (a couple of miles off the village proper), once described in a late 14th Cen. manuscript (cod. oxon. lat. 1576, ca. 1389 or 1391, f. 342v.) as the Dreaded Castle of Utterly Lethal Peril, a place of  blood-curdling fear and whispered menace, wreathed in shadow and omnipresent mist, haunting the village for over six centuries.

The castle predates this en passant reference by Friar Giscard de Chatillon, whose Chronicle, as his pilgrimage, allegedly came to an abrupt end around these parts, possibly on the eve of summer solstice 1389 or 1391. It is perched upon the summit of a hill crowned with rugged, razor-sharp rocks, and only a narrow and by now quite tatty road may lead up to its gate, which, according to witnesses, is said to emanate a strange bluish-green flame under the moonlight. On occasion, it has also been reported by the odd trespasser, that the everdark forest surrounding the grounds were filled with the nightmarish howls of either an unnatural wind or, stranger yet, wolves, but since there has never been report or substantial evidence of any wolves inhabiting the area, the stories have been dismissed as old-wives' tales...or were they?

Only the village elders can vaguely recall the last time the Castle had received any visitors and seen them leave its grounds...alive. In the years following the last war, the family had all but disappeared and the castle had fallen into a bad state of repair, overgrown with wild ivy and all manner of plantlife of an unsavoury nature, wild mauve rhubarb mostly. One November evening about two decades ago, a ravishing, young-looking man (of an undeterminable age, though) returned to the castle, followed by his mysterious entourage of three exceptionally beautiful ladies, calling himself the 18th Baron von Schrecklichheim Vlkodlac, that's me. He was a strange spectacle to behold: his left eye was sapphire-blue, his right eye emerald-green. He had long white hair that glimmered silver in the moonlight and in his long-fingered, ebony hands he delicately held a golden key, the key that is to the manor door. In a smooth, almost flowing movement he approached the door, and then, in what appeared to be a moment of whispered incantations the door gave way before the odd company, that proceeded inside as gently as a summer breeze riding the whirling fog around them. The still, smothering silence of the shadowy forest was suddenly rent by the hint of a sinister laughter, not quite human, not totally sounding like that of a hyena. For a fleeting moment, the village preacher, Shool, who had witnessed the eerie scene from behind a rose shrub, thought he had felt a chill draught rushing through the aged tree-branches, and he could swear for several winters thereafter that a heavier and deeper shadow had seemed to settle on the black wall of impenetrable trees, obscuring almost all sight of the castle.

Today, Shool's account is material for stories to scare children, and not much credit is accorded to the preacher, half-demented, half-drunkard as he is.

As for me, the Baron von Vlkodlac, I rarely venture outside the bounds of my family's estate...or at least I am very rarely seen to do so...

I remember this dark day. I still hear the sounds of wailing and shreiking into the night...........

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 138
RE: The Empire Village - 3/6/2009 10:19:30 PM   
superdan

This village is too quiet now. I think I'm gonna go off makin' movies drinkin' beers and fighting round the world.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 139
RE: The Empire Village - 3/6/2009 10:25:44 PM   
Rinc

Sorry i've been busy making sure the bordello is not breaking any rules. I've had to investigate it thoroughly.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 140
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 12:14:21 PM   
Harley Quinn

The pub has been a bit quite this week so I'm thinking of having a Barbeque in the beer garden tonight.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 141
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 12:36:16 PM   
Gamba

Oh my god yes!..... I need some cold, cold beers and a juicy grilled steak

Post #: 142
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 12:39:05 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gamba

Is it wrong that my dirty mind kicked in and I sniggered at that?

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 143
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 1:21:02 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

Not wrong. Just expected.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 144
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 1:22:43 PM   
Harley Quinn

Thanks Shool.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 145
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 3:00:43 PM   
Gamba

quote:

quote:

Honestly!

I was considering saying "I fancy a nice sausage" but then I thought, "nah, I'll be clean for once".

I don't know how you managed to find that dirty. Does steak have a double meaning I don't know about?

Post #: 146
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 3:05:23 PM   
Clarence Worley

quote:

ORIGINAL: igotnewlegs

Damn, I leave the village for two days and democracy creeps back in. I leave Clarence in charge and this happens. Where is my (technically retarded) right hand man anyway?

Oh, and all Hail the glorious return of Newlegs! Heil! Heil!Heil!.

er, I mean Hail...

Im back also - got lost, went to the wrong ruddy village, whats happened anyways!? anyone need taking care of chief? let me at em

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.

That's what they're saying about me now? That I'm paranoid?

Post #: 147
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 3:06:23 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

quote:

quote:

Honestly!

I was considering saying "I fancy a nice sausage" but then I thought, "nah, I'll be clean for once".

I don't know how you managed to find that dirty. Does steak have a double meaning I don't know about?

Sorry Gamba. 

I don't know how I manged to find it dirty either. I think there is some thing seriously wrong with me.

< Message edited by Harley Quinn -- 4/6/2009 3:19:43 PM >

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 148
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 3:13:05 PM   
Gamba

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Honestly!

Sorry Gamba. 

I don't know how I maanged to find it dirty either. I think there is some thing seriously wrong with me.

No worries Harley
It's just I'm having a bit of a tough day, and I'm feeling a little hot and sweaty. I'm actually more interested in a BBQ than innuendos at the moment! I really fancy a cold beer and a nice big piece of meat.

...... wait.... hang on a minute - it seems to be catching...............sorry!

Post #: 149
RE: The Empire Village - 4/6/2009 3:15:11 PM   
MOTH

Me? In the Empire village? With my reputation? Really, has no one thought of the consequences?

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Empire Village Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI