Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Alien Remake In The Works...?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 30/5/2009 12:28:30 PM   
Deviation

This is a joke right? RIGHT? RIGHT?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 91
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 30/5/2009 12:39:53 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

No i've read the article in Bloody Discusting too,and they are very good at getting inside news.My first reaction is NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!,but if this is a new story the one Sir Scott was hoping to film,IE the Orgion of Alien then just maybe this might work,but if it's a bloody reboot of this classic,i'll vote with my feet and plastic fantasic,it will be a big NO!!!!

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 92
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 30/5/2009 12:47:19 PM   
Deviation

quote:

of
quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

No i've read the article in Bloody Discusting too,and they are very good at getting inside news.My first reaction is NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!,but if this is a new story the one Sir Scott was hoping to film,IE the Orgion of Alien then just maybe this might work,but if it's a bloody reboot of this classic,i'll vote with my feet and plastic fantasic,it will be a big NO!!!!

Well, we don't need an origin for the Alien, it was the mistery that was so great and fun about it, so I wasn't happy about that either.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 93
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 30/5/2009 1:00:30 PM   
Tech_Noir

I say remake it, remake everything. It's gonna happen sooner or later, just let it be done with.

Remake Terminator, Aliens, Ghostbusters, Back to The Future, Robocop, any film that already works.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 94
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 30/5/2009 1:01:23 PM   
Deviation

I am awaiting the Brazil and Blade Runner remakes. *cries*

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 95
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 30/5/2009 6:06:09 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

I say remake it, remake everything. It's gonna happen sooner or later, just let it be done with.

Remake Terminator, Aliens, Ghostbusters, Back to The Future, Robocop, any film that already works.

you're absolutely right Tech. F**k it. all these studio (dick)Heads care about is money so why not?

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 96
CGI = NOT SCARY - 30/5/2009 6:32:04 PM   
monty2

Will they please leave ALIEN alone,the AVP films are at least watchable,but CGI destroys any form of suspense (bar Cloverfield).AAARGH,how do I get out of this chicken shit outfit?

Post #: 97
RE: CGI = NOT SCARY - 30/5/2009 6:43:48 PM   
Rgirvan44

They are now saying its a prequel which sounds like it will be a reboot in all but name.

Why not just make an Alien movie in the universe already established?

Rothman seems hellbent on destroying everything that once made Fox so successful.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to monty2)
Post #: 98
RE: CGI = NOT SCARY - 30/5/2009 9:25:25 PM   
Fincher

The interview with Tony Scott
http://www.collider.com/2009/05/29/exclusive-tony-scott-confirms-carl-rinsch-is-directing-alien-and-its-a-prequel/

Filming later this year?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 99
RE: CGI = NOT SCARY - 30/5/2009 9:45:20 PM   
Olaf

While it's understandable to be annoyed if the suits in Hollywood decide to reboot/remake/"reimagine" your favourite film, but you don't have to watch it. You still have the original. That said, this seems to be a pretty poor idea, though a prequel is more appealing than a remake. Arg hit the nail on the head when he said Rothman seems rather intent on making a sublime cockup of all of the good stuff Fox did already.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 30/5/2009 9:47:17 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Fincher)
Post #: 100
RE: Producers guarantee nothing - 31/5/2009 6:57:43 AM   
Ade Brooks

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnRA

Just look at The Fog remake :-(

No. and no one can make me!

"Time won't leave me as I am, but time won't take the boy out of this man"

(in reply to JohnRA)
Post #: 101
RE: Producers guarantee nothing - 31/5/2009 6:58:46 PM   
Sad Professor

All anyone wanted was Aliens on Earth and Fox shafted all of us with the dreary AvP movies. There is no hope for these kinda pictures now. Which is ironic sort of.

(in reply to Ade Brooks)
Post #: 102
RE: Producers guarantee nothing - 31/5/2009 9:54:51 PM   
dj vivace

I honestly don't see the point, Alien doesn't look dated, the effects are incredible, it's still scary as hell. There's no need for it

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Sad Professor)
Post #: 103
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 8/6/2009 12:28:29 PM   
*technobabble*

Whatever the film turns out to be I'm hoping with the Scott bros as producers they will keep some creative control over it rather than Fox! Also Rinsch may have done some pretty amazing tv adverts but I hope he can do more than create some nice visuals! The franchise has lost it's way and it needs to get back to the nightmarish psychological terror of the first film rather than the more action orientated sequels and please NO CGI! The concept of the first film was 'sometimes what you don't see is scarier than what you do see'! Bring H. R. Giger back to the franchise to inject some of that unsettling set and creature design from the original movie!

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 104
WHAT, how unoriginal.... - 12/6/2009 5:01:40 PM   
oz_p

erm is there no one in Hollywood with original ideas, im sick of remakes, reboots(tho liked star trek)... Surely with the amount of talent/money available they can come up with something origina, next they'll remake Star Wars or Terminator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 105
A big fat disgrace - 1/7/2009 9:16:32 PM   
cybercontroller

Here we go again. Another classic that shouldn't be touched and which still stands up anyway, another pointless remake. The excuse Hollywood always gives for this is always that there's a whole new generation who don't know the originals, well why don't they go and discover them? I own plenty of old films on dvd like the 1930's version of King Kong, The Third Man, Hammer Horror movies etc which were made well before i was born but i discovered them all through tv or through reading Empire (when they raved about an old classic being re-released on dvd or whatever it always made me want to check it out). Unfortunately, most films today are made for extremely thick teenagers who only go to see the biggest, most hyped movie of the week, usually a crap comedy like Disaster Movie, and have no regard for older classics or cult favourites. These are the kind of people who think that the origianl Star Wars trilogy's crap because the special effects aren't up to date or that Evil Dead 2's not meant to be funny and unfortunately, movie's are being aimed at them, not us. There's never been a time like this in the history of cinema where absolutely everything that's gone before has been remade, it's just plain shocking. As for the Alien remake, anybody who thinks Ridley Scott's involvement means we can be more optimistic about the whole thing, well let's not forget that John Carpenter was involved in the remake of The Fog and look how that turned out. Even if it's not a straight remake but an origin story, that's just as disastrous, as that would spoil the mystery that makes the aliens so creepy.

Post #: 106
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI