Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Remake - No! Prequel - Yes!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Remake - No! Prequel - Yes! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remake - No! Prequel - Yes! - 28/5/2009 6:59:43 PM   
Bushman

Remaking the original is a seriously bad idea. But, I must admit a certain curiosity over the potential of a prequel.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
- 28/5/2009 7:01:45 PM   
Dknight2035

Leave it alone!!! How can you remake one of the best Sci-Fi films ever without breaking it. The rate things are going we will be watching the same 'different films' every 10 years. Lets have something new to remake!!

Post #: 62
EH !!! - 28/5/2009 7:48:12 PM   
triplenips

what a twat headed idea,all the money they earn think of something fu±@ing original

Post #: 63
EH !!! - 28/5/2009 7:48:57 PM   
triplenips

what a twat headed idea,all the money they earn think of something fu±@ing original

Post #: 64
RE: Terrible idea just leave it alone - 28/5/2009 8:27:42 PM   
Sphinx

please just PLEASE LET IT DIE!!! It's gone too far for it to be respectful just let it go, man!!!

This is gonna add to the list of never endings; Jason, Mike, John Rambo - we don't need hints anymore really we don't!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 65
RE: erm... - 28/5/2009 8:28:06 PM   
arco2002

I know that they wrote a B-movie and that Ridley Scott and co were mainly responsible for making the film truely great. But Dan O'Bannon is still the guy who came up with the damn thing and also they guy who got all the super cool concept artists like Giger and Moebius on board. I dunno it just irks me as Ridley Scott really didn't create the film, he had a hand in it of course. I just really like Dan O'Bannon I guess. Dark Star rules! No O'Bannon= No Alien.

(in reply to Agent69)
Post #: 66
RE: erm... - 28/5/2009 9:55:29 PM   
Rgirvan44

Dan O'Bannons script was pretty awful, but he did have the chestburster scene which is really what caught peoples attention.

I wouldn't have a problem with this as long as they don't say its a "remake" or a "prequel" - just have a story set in the Alien universe. And make it scary.

Still think Chris Cunningham should be behind the lense.

Hopefully Rothman stays the hell away from it - with the Scott brothers producing I hope there is a shield of protection around the production.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to arco2002)
Post #: 67
BRING! IT!! ON!!! - 28/5/2009 9:57:00 PM   
MAL1201

Regardless of what anyone says, having BOTH Scotts on board is a total gaurantee of quality. That's - for my money - the two best directors anywhere in the world right now overseeing a project that is very dear to one's heart, surely a good sign.

Ridley's no hack, he's the best director in the history of cinema and he won't let anyone screw this up. The world needs another Alien film and it looks like we're going to get the one one we deserve.

Carl Erik Rinsch is a lucky motherfucker! A first-time feature director making a new entry to one of the greatest franchises ever with Ridley AND Tony Scott backing him up!!! Does it get any better than that!

Nice one Empire on the misleading article heading by the way; remake, reboot, prequel... make up your mind before you put something in print, I'm guessing you just wanted to fire of a round of sarky, remake-bashing comments just for the hell of it.

I wish I'd been around for the originals, but it looks like my generation may get a second chance. New Alien! New Predator! BRING! IT!! ON!!!

Post #: 68
Bloody Pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 28/5/2009 10:04:26 PM   
kittybinks

Leave it alone. Note to Fox: You've taken a brilliant concept, made 3 bloody good, diverse, intelligent movies - we even forgive you for Alien 4 and the eye splittingly bad AVP movies. As a remake this will be THE final straw. As an origin movie, this could fly! All I have to say is remember these remakes...................Psycho!, The Hills Have Eyes, Omen 666, Halloween............................Have you learn't nothing?

Post #: 69
STOP - 28/5/2009 10:51:02 PM   
Black Hole

oh.... no...

Post #: 70
RE: BRING! IT!! ON!!! - 28/5/2009 11:19:50 PM   
Arfpint

quote:

ORIGINAL: MAL1201

Regardless of what anyone says, having BOTH Scotts on board is a total gaurantee of quality. That's - for my money - the two best directors anywhere in the world right now overseeing a project that is very dear to one's heart, surely a good sign.

Ridley's no hack, he's the best director in the history of cinema and he won't let anyone screw this up. The world needs another Alien film and it looks like we're going to get the one one we deserve.

Carl Erik Rinsch is a lucky motherfucker! A first-time feature director making a new entry to one of the greatest franchises ever with Ridley AND Tony Scott backing him up!!! Does it get any better than that!

Nice one Empire on the misleading article heading by the way; remake, reboot, prequel... make up your mind before you put something in print, I'm guessing you just wanted to fire of a round of sarky, remake-bashing comments just for the hell of it.

I wish I'd been around for the originals, but it looks like my generation may get a second chance. New Alien! New Predator! BRING! IT!! ON!!!

Wasn't David Fincher first time director on Alien 3? that worked out well (/sarcasm)...although I like the extended edition just a little bit...

Empire bashing? That's weird, haven't seen that before on these forums. If all publications waited for the full story before printing then all we'd have is reviews when the film comes out. D'oh!

If 'new generations' always got a remake/rehash/cash-in of classic films there would no longer be any such thing. Star Wars prequels, anyone? Certain ideas belong in a certain place and time.

(in reply to MAL1201)
Post #: 71
So, let me get this straight... - 29/5/2009 12:01:04 AM   
MC85

A prequel to show how the aliens got to LV-426 may be a little iffy because of one little thing...I'm assuming no humans had any part in their landing on LV-426...so, will we be getting 90 minutes of puppets gargling and speaking their alien language with subtitles? Seriously...what the hell.

Post #: 72
- 29/5/2009 12:47:15 AM   
pgmark

The commercials are excellent so it is obviously in good hands but you wonder why they insist on repeating/reimagining/reworking/replacing these stories when so many others have failed. There really has been only 2 excellent alien movies. The rest have ranged from OK to very, very, very poor.

Post #: 73
Simple mathematics - 29/5/2009 1:06:13 AM   
Lemure

There have been 6 movies starring the Aliens. 2 have been good. Aren't there any original scripts floating around Hollywood?

Post #: 74
WHO EVER CAME UP WITH A REMAKE IDEA SHOULD BE SHOT BY R... - 29/5/2009 2:45:24 AM   
delo21

A fucking stupid idea!!!!Enough with the remakes and reboots. Let the fuckers die already!!!!

Post #: 75
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - 29/5/2009 9:19:01 AM   
billkiller

I'm just not going to watching it.
No, I'm not. I'm NOT, I will not watch it. nope. Nadda. No.
well, I might.
then I'll get a gun.

Post #: 76
RE: Simple mathematics - 29/5/2009 10:12:17 AM   
Izzet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lemure

There have been 6 movies starring the Aliens. 2 have been good. Aren't there any original scripts floating around Hollywood?

I'd say 2 have been excellent; one misunderstood, one bad, one really bad & Aliens vs Predator Requiem being fucking atrocious.

Alien Experience Messageboard

(in reply to Lemure)
Post #: 77
Why even bother - 29/5/2009 11:50:02 AM   
Ptennisnet

Alien & Aliens are two of the scariest movies I have ever seen (once only per movie). Unless they can guarantee the same, I am just not interested.

Post #: 78
GIVE US RIDLEY SCOTT'S ALIEN 5, PRODUCED BY CAMERON! - 29/5/2009 12:00:50 PM   
Mopictures

Nuff said.

Post #: 79
Come on, seriously... - 29/5/2009 12:02:36 PM   
Mopictures

Come on, seriously. Alien (And Aliens too) don't even date REALLY! We can watch that film for the rest of time, no need for a remake. It's an insult to a film that can truly stand the test of time!

Post #: 80
Come on, seriously... - 29/5/2009 12:38:28 PM   
Mopictures

Come on, seriously. Alien (And Aliens too) don't even date REALLY! We can watch that film for the rest of time, no need for a remake. It's an insult to a film that can truly stand the test of time!

Post #: 81
RE: Come on, seriously... - 29/5/2009 12:57:01 PM   
FGT

The only dated thing is Mother's screens...but that really isn't enough reason to desecrate Alien.

What would Dexter do?

(in reply to Mopictures)
Post #: 82
RE: A remake would be reprehensible - 29/5/2009 2:03:09 PM   
UTB

I'm sure the studios love a good trolling.

(in reply to RevolloveR)
Post #: 83
Aging - 29/5/2009 3:29:22 PM   
kramaring

So this is what growing old will be. Each year more and more classic films from your formative years are remade / rehashed and messed up. Here's an original idea Fox Studios ... "have some original ideas and stop messing with the classics".

Post #: 84
Bloody Disgusting outrage!!!! - 29/5/2009 7:03:16 PM   
princemadonna

Why won't Hollywood stop?? Why are they re-making Classic horror movies, I thought re-making 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' was the biggest disgrace, and now 'Alien'!!!! These are iconic, classic movies. People don't want re-makes, these films don't need to be re-made. Films such as Alien aren't just made, it's a lot of luck coming together too, such as the entire cast being brilliant. Alien without Weaver is like human without skin. Why don't these people pick on another genre? Every day I'm reading about truly horrifying re-makes of classic genre films. They wouldn't re-make 'Gone with the Wind' or 'Cassablanca' - it just proves that Hollywood has never had any respect for the horror/sci-fi genre. This is an outrage and should be BOYCOTTED if it is made.

Post #: 85
RE: Bloody Disgusting outrage!!!! - 30/5/2009 9:36:17 AM   
Fincher

More info:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41241

(in reply to princemadonna)
Post #: 86
RE: Bloody Disgusting outrage!!!! - 30/5/2009 10:44:21 AM   
Tank Boy

Three words: proceed with caution.

Chuck's Culture Carnival!

(in reply to Fincher)
Post #: 87
HOW TO SAY STOP!!! - 30/5/2009 11:49:18 AM   
Hands Randall

At the very least i would accept an origin film with Ridley and Tony Scott but even then do we really need/want to know that much?? What happened to mystery and intrigue? If it's a remake then Ridley Scott should be ashamed. You can't remake a masterpiece and you can't polish a turd either - talking of which maybe they're remaking AVP?

Post #: 88
Producers guarantee nothing - 30/5/2009 12:02:50 PM   
JohnRA

Just look at The Fog remake :-(

Post #: 89
RE: Alien Remake In The Works...? - 30/5/2009 12:04:54 PM   
Kazuya

My most sincere, heartfelt fuck you to Fox for doing this.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Remake - No! Prequel - Yes! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI