Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Psychoville

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Psychoville Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Psychoville - 23/5/2011 5:54:11 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hex

Did I hear right that there wont be a new ep next week?

When you say "next week" do you mean this coming Thursday (26/05) or next thursday (02/06)?  Because it's on my Sky guide for this Thursday.

They also have 13/06 as the release date of the dvd/bluray - if they miss a week, it'll be out before it finishes airing.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 421
RE: Psychoville - 24/5/2011 11:54:45 AM   
Hex

Bugger! I think Psychoville has been bumped in Northern Ireland for the friggin golf!!!!

So Im going to be a week (or more) behind everyone!!

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 422
RE: Psychoville - 27/5/2011 1:02:51 AM   
RobotDevil

I thought episode 4 of the new series was great, the plot is actually moving along now.

Noticed at the end that Silent Singer is played by Himself. LOL at the bit where he (?) is on the swing with the dog. Really weird.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 423
RE: Psychoville - 27/5/2011 9:01:15 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Yeah I noticed that! Made me chuckle and freak out in equal measure.  Great episode last night, for me it was the best of this series.

"Do you want to keep the willy?"

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 424
RE: Psychoville - 28/5/2011 2:09:40 AM   
furrybastard

Watched the four eps in a row, great stuff and a decent step-up from the first series too!

I also had a nightmare about the Silent Singer. So thanks for that!  I too straightaway thought of BOB from Twin Peaks; he's like a cross between BOB and Pennywise the Clown from It. That weird looped movement he does freaks me right out!

As I was watching the show, I kept thinking how brilliant it would be if these guys went ahead and made a 'straight' horror.  That library scene where Silent Singer appears for the first time is absolutely brilliantly done and they're quite adept at instilling a scene with menace and tension before switching back to humour.
Or even if they did a sort of Twilight Zone/Outer Limits style show where they have a single story told over a half hour/hour.

Hope Mark Gatiss pops up at some point in this series too!  He was great as the detective in the Rope episode from season one!

< Message edited by furrybastard -- 28/5/2011 2:11:11 AM >

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 425
RE: Psychoville - 28/5/2011 2:23:58 AM   
furrybastard

Just came across this interview with Steve Pemberton --> Click  It's a great interview so I recommend clicking through and reading the whole thing!

Some choice bits:--

quote:

So, in the case of Hattie, who we have right away, who's this make-up artist who has to marry her gay best friend's partner, I had that story in the back of my mind since The League Of Gentlemen. There was a character in League we did called Tish, and then I got to do this storyline, which felt right for Psychoville.

quote:

As I started writing it, I thought why not throw in the Silent Singer, who's this mythical creation we had between us for a few years. The Silent Singer came on when we were writing League Of Gentlemen, to alleviate the boredom. I've got photos of Reece looking absolutely identical......When we were at college, if someone went to the bathroom, the other one would get a pair of shoes, kneel on them, put a red coat on, get a knife, like the character out of Don't Look Now. We've always enjoyed scaring each other by dressing up as these characters, usually the Don't Look Now dwarf. We kept that idea going. Reese would be standing behind me for ages and I'd be thinking, "Where's he gone?" And I'd turn around and the Silent Singer was just there, singing his heart out. And I'd just go, "Not now, Silent Singer." It's just stuff we used to do to make each other laugh, and that's the great thing about working with someone I've collaborated with and been friends with.

quote:

The conclusion of the first series was met with a bit of a mixed response from audiences. Yes, that's a polite way of putting it! [laughs] But what did you make of those responses? Was the negativity something you took to heart? It was upsetting, very upsetting. Because we'd had such a wave of adulation and excitement about the programme and people were genuinely- they loved it. And to feel that you've made a bum choice, that you've put a foot wrong, it upset us. We didn't quite understand it. One of the problems was, no one knew if there was going to be a second series or not. If you'd have known there was going to be a second one, then it would have felt like, "Oh, God, how frustrating."

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 426
RE: Psychoville - 28/5/2011 2:26:40 AM   
furrybastard

Just came across this interview with Steve Pemberton --> Click  It's a great interview so I recommend clicking through and reading the whole thing!

Some choice bits:--

quote:

So, in the case of Hattie, who we have right away, who's this make-up artist who has to marry her gay best friend's partner, I had that story in the back of my mind since The League Of Gentlemen. There was a character in League we did called Tish, and then I got to do this storyline, which felt right for Psychoville.

quote:

As I started writing it, I thought why not throw in the Silent Singer, who's this mythical creation we had between us for a few years. The Silent Singer came on when we were writing League Of Gentlemen, to alleviate the boredom. I've got photos of Reece looking absolutely identical......When we were at college, if someone went to the bathroom, the other one would get a pair of shoes, kneel on them, put a red coat on, get a knife, like the character out of Don't Look Now. We've always enjoyed scaring each other by dressing up as these characters, usually the Don't Look Now dwarf. We kept that idea going. Reese would be standing behind me for ages and I'd be thinking, "Where's he gone?" And I'd turn around and the Silent Singer was just there, singing his heart out. And I'd just go, "Not now, Silent Singer." It's just stuff we used to do to make each other laugh, and that's the great thing about working with someone I've collaborated with and been friends with.

quote:

The conclusion of the first series was met with a bit of a mixed response from audiences. Yes, that's a polite way of putting it! [laughs] But what did you make of those responses? Was the negativity something you took to heart? It was upsetting, very upsetting. Because we'd had such a wave of adulation and excitement about the programme and people were genuinely- they loved it. And to feel that you've made a bum choice, that you've put a foot wrong, it upset us. We didn't quite understand it. One of the problems was, no one knew if there was going to be a second series or not. If you'd have known there was going to be a second one, then it would have felt like, "Oh, God, how frustrating."

quote:

There's a definite touch of Japanese horror around the Silent Singer. Yeah, it has that element, and a David Lynch feel to it, as well.

Post #: 427
RE: Psychoville - 2/6/2011 10:46:25 PM   
RobotDevil

Really disappointed that the series is drawing to a close but excited to see what twists and turns await.

SPOILERS below
I've been really surprised by the rate of character deaths. Tealeaf and Maureen will be missed.

Post #: 428
RE: Psychoville - 3/6/2011 12:35:55 PM   
Scott_

Jelly's Mr Jolly was amazing.

"Oh no, no....fuck that off"

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 429
RE: Psychoville - 3/6/2011 12:41:39 PM   
spark1

finale is on this monday 10pm, bumped from thursday for 'mock the week'.

poor tealeaf.

nice to see librarian's backstory and link to to the others.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 430
RE: Psychoville - 3/6/2011 2:34:19 PM   
Beno

How many more deaths?

Hardly any originals left. I cant wait for the finale. Maureens death made me think of my own Mother - we are'nt close -.

Please let there be a third series

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 431
RE: Psychoville - 3/6/2011 9:04:57 PM   
Chojin

Brilliant stuff, I think the time and effort put into the writing is really showing and has made the two year delay between series bearable. I can't wait for the finale!

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 432
RE: Psychoville - 3/6/2011 10:20:51 PM   
Hex

Since Im an episode behind everyone (bloody golf hogged the schedule here) Im still a bit perplexed about where its all leading.

Ive been enjoying it. But I dont think the narative thread is as strong as it was in the previous series. Everything has been a bit hit and miss. I dont care for Hattie but I do love Jeremy and Silent Singer. I really didnt like Mr Lomax's Tony Hancock thing. I just didnt buy it or get it. It felt silly and a stretch.

I liked the killing off of the original cast  though (very Skins) so hopefully there will be a fresh 3rd series.

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 433
RE: Psychoville - 4/6/2011 6:52:40 PM   
Skiba

"John Donne"  "John did David, John did"  

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 434
RE: Psychoville - 4/6/2011 10:20:15 PM   
squeezyrider

Think this series has been brilliant. I actually thought the first series was a bit hit and miss. Tina Turner is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.

Theory but possible Spoilers if I'm right.
All the signs have been pointing to the fact that Kenchington's experiments were to do with bringing the dead back to life so the high body count this series may be reversed pretty soon.

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 435
RE: Psychoville - 5/6/2011 9:14:43 PM   
Rebenectomy

Hex, why don't you catch up on i player? We've been watching it online so weren't effected by the golf and the i player in NI hasn't been either.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to squeezyrider)
Post #: 436
RE: Psychoville - 7/6/2011 2:13:12 PM   
Hex

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Hex, why don't you catch up on i player? We've been watching it online so weren't effected by the golf and the i player in NI hasn't been either.

Im not much of a fan of i player unfortunately.

So I saw the penulitmate ep last night and it was ok. Very disappointed by the use of Katherine Parkinson though. Seriously couldnt they have given her something besides that role?

Sad about Tea Leaf.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 437
RE: Psychoville - 7/6/2011 2:34:32 PM   
Skiba

Did anyone watch the finale last night or are you waiting for Thurs showing?  

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 438
RE: Psychoville - 7/6/2011 3:05:43 PM   
Hex

Im going to wait till thursday for the end I think.

Still no real idea where it all is going. Nice to see how Jeremy fits in though and the Nazi angle is interesting.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 439
RE: Psychoville - 7/6/2011 3:54:09 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Did anyone watch the finale last night or are you waiting for Thurs showing?  

Saw it. Am now sad its finished.

Mr Jelly spin off i want.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 440
RE: Psychoville - 7/6/2011 4:26:59 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

I was gutted to see SPOILER Maureen and Tealeaf bite the big one. I always liked Tealeaf but he really came into his own this series. Very pleased Jelly and Mrs Wren survived. I kept expecting Kenchington to turn up again so was surprised when she only appeared in flashback. What was the dust stuff in the locket? Was that just a red herring?

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 441
RE: Psychoville - 7/6/2011 6:25:54 PM   
Hex

I think the dust must mean something or else no one would be looking for the locket. Maybe its like the secret to alchemy or nazi gold or something.

Also what happened to Roberts stalker and her grandma? that was just forgotten after ep 1 and never amounted to anything.

And Maureen and David have almost had a separate plot altogether that really doesnt relate to the others.

Whatever Hattie has to do with anything seems extremely tenuous aswell. That was a very weak plot line and oddly unfunny. Although we all are used to grotesque characters from these guys, most of the time there is a human quality underneath all the horror. For me Hattie was a very lifeless creation. Even Tish, who really only exists in two sketches, had more realism to her.

I love Silent Singer as a concept but not enough was made of him.

(I think Jelly has been the most consistent part of series 2. I love Mrs Wren and I want Jelly to adopt her. )

It pains me to say some of this, because I adore Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton and think they are genius'. But I was not fussed with this series. I still will watch whatever they come up with next and of course theres still the final episode to watch.

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 442
RE: Psychoville - 8/6/2011 12:41:49 PM   
Skiba

quote:

Im going to wait till thursday for the end I think.

Still no real idea where it all is going. Nice to see how Jeremy fits in though and the Nazi angle is interesting.

Coolio...I'll keep my thoughts on it until tomorrow evening then!

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 443
RE: Psychoville - 8/6/2011 7:28:37 PM   
Invader_Ace

Just watched the final on iPlayer.  I've enjoyed the series oveall, but thought that the last episode was a bit disappointing.  Really felt like it needed a few more episodes to build and it does feel like there was a lot of unrelated ancillary stuff involved.  Maybe that will pay off in a third series. 

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 444
RE: Psychoville - 8/6/2011 11:16:50 PM   
nvh1982

really hope there is a 3rd series too, maybe the ones who are dead could be zombies?? (trying to tread carefully here for spoilers!), liked the nazi angle too as you can see why they were chosen

http://cinematicscreenings2012.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 445
RE: Psychoville - 10/6/2011 1:58:15 PM   
filmburner30

I was watching the thing with the Nazis head and it reminded me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2C7oENAI9s

Steve and Reece really know their stuff if they are paying homage to one of my favourite films

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to nvh1982)
Post #: 446
RE: Psychoville - 13/6/2011 7:13:20 PM   
Skiba

I enjoyed the series overall but was bit disappointed with how it ended...the final episode was generally pretty good with Jelly and the Old Dear stealing the show.  Where did the little women whose name escapes me appear from?

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 447
RE: Psychoville - 16/6/2011 1:27:11 PM   
Hex

I cant remember her name either. Karen maybe?

But anyway she was one of the panto dwarves who was obsessed with Robert in the first series and led him to beleive he was telekinetic, even though it was actually her the whole time.

Her re-apperance was an interesting twist. I had wondered what had happened. But the the whole motto of this series was "No loose ends". And she was the only one left. I think we were meant to have forgotten about her.

I was sad to see the nazi head blown up. That wouldve been a good hook for the next series.

My sky plus cut off a bit at the end. Did anything good happen?

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 448
RE: Psychoville - 16/6/2011 2:37:47 PM   
emogeek

quote:

I cant remember her name either. Karen maybe?

Kerry.

quote:

My sky plus cut off a bit at the end. Did anything good happen?

Not sure how much you missed, but the final scene was (spoilers, obviously)

David sat eating with the girl with the glasses (whose name I can't recall!) The camera pans away from them, into the bathroom to reveal a bathtub filled with ice - with Maureen's corpse being preserved for (one would assume) possible reanimation.....

Not sure how I feel about a third series - it's pretty much perfect as it is, and I can't really see where they would go from here. Would hate to think of them running out of ideas and churning out some half arsed plot just for the sake of it.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 449
RE: Psychoville - 25/6/2011 3:48:18 PM   
Hex

Got the dvd last week and I think its likely that I'll be watching this with the commentary on more than not.

Reece is his usual grumpy self, giving off about peoples reactions to the last series and Steve as jovial as always.

I see Reece hinted on twitter that he and Steve have been meeting up to discuss "future projects". Which is promising!

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Psychoville Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI