Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Tony Scott On Pelham 123

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Tony Scott On Pelham 123 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Tony Scott On Pelham 123 - 26/5/2009 11:59:46 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Uh-oh..... - 26/5/2009 11:59:46 AM   
the ageless stranger

I'll admit, I'm late to the Pelham party, I only watched the original about a month ago, but it's brilliant, and the whole idea of taking hostages in the subway was to confuse the cops and give the hijackers a way out no-one could see. The fact that Scott is basically saying "That's stupid, I can do better" does not bode well for this film. And I say that as someone who usually enjoys his stuff, and was intrigued by the trailer. It's just gone down a notch.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Uh-oh..... - 26/5/2009 12:14:36 PM   
nutteronabus

I'll take that as confirmation that Scott's completely missed the point of the original, which is one of my favourite films.

Shall be giving this a wide berth.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to the ageless stranger)
Post #: 3
RE: Uh-oh..... - 26/5/2009 12:15:05 PM   
Ghost Mutt

Saw this at the West End screening last week and although it does elevate itself above the usual Tony Scott/ face-off fodder (this is more in part thanks to its casting) it's still not worth the admission price. Especially seeing the quality of films due to hit the silver screen this summer (Star Trek and Terminator Salvation are both absolutely fantastic and I have high hopes for Transformers ROTF) this is a film that will fade fast in the memory.

If you're only able to venture to your local cinema a handful of times over the next few months (especially if like me you have to pay nearly £13 a ticket - I understand how the money is distributed from the cost of my ticket stub, so not having a go at the local multiplex!) give this one a miss, wait until it gets a televised showing.

Picking my scabs.

(in reply to the ageless stranger)
Post #: 4
Totally random...... - 26/5/2009 12:21:19 PM   
movie_manic_1983

....but does anyone else think he looks like the spitting image of Bruce Willis in that picture?

Post #: 5
- 26/5/2009 12:32:50 PM   
Manfrendshensindshen

Scott The Younger really didn't get the (fantastic) original, did he? I'm waiting for the interview in which he states that David Shire's (sublime) score is "kinda dated", which is why he hired Paul Oakenfold/Harry Gregson-Williams for something more "cutting edge" and "exciting".

Post #: 6
A Fan of The Fan - 26/5/2009 1:15:09 PM   
Halo14

I miss the old Tony Scott. He has made such good movies like The Fan, True Romance and Crimson Tide. Then he stated messing up.. Domino. Oh well. At least he has a good taste in music. Has anybody noticed that he likes to use Nine Inch Nails in most his movies...?

Post #: 7
Thanks! - 26/5/2009 1:17:50 PM   
UTB

Dunno if this has anything to do with it, but I sent Empire an email asking for a piece on Tony Scott and my prayers have been answered.

Spank you all!!

Post #: 8
Spank Me - 26/5/2009 1:25:03 PM   
Halo14

You can spank me..

Post #: 9
RE: Spank Me - 27/5/2009 2:06:57 PM   
UTB

Ooh Matron.

Read the issue yesterday, was disappointed that it missed a few out (Enemy of the State, The Fan, Revenge, Spy Game).

Still, good to see the man in Empire, even if he largely derided.

(in reply to Halo14)
Post #: 10
Tony Scott is retarded - 29/5/2009 4:19:14 AM   
krushgroove

The original didn't make sense? Wow, the villain now has a motive and a back story? Oohhhhh, VERY important for the audiences these days, who need to be spoon-fed exposition in every scene. I'm going to watch this movie, but I'm not paying for it. I'm going to download it for free, watch it, and make fun of it relentlessly during the opening week to as many people as I know so no one will go and see it. NICE

Post #: 11
Tony Scott is retarded - 29/5/2009 5:24:45 AM   
krushgroove

The original didn't make sense? Wow, the villain now has a motive and a back story? Oohhhhh, VERY important for the audiences these days, who need to be spoon-fed exposition in every scene. I'm going to watch this movie, but I'm not paying for it. I'm going to download it for free, watch it, and make fun of it relentlessly during the opening week to as many people as I know so no one will go and see it. NICE

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Tony Scott On Pelham 123 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI