Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

YES YES YES YES YES!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> YES YES YES YES YES! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
YES YES YES YES YES! - 26/5/2009 1:41:11 PM   
joey14c

lolz only jokingz guyz

Do a Dollhouse film instead?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 26/5/2009 1:58:35 PM   
Adrian

I'm in agreement here... A buffy movie is a good idea... but a Buffy movie fromt he TV series, reuniting the show's cast with mr whedon and doing it that way. Anythign else, as said, if the slayer's called buffy and it's neither sarah michelle gellar or whedon... no one will want to know and it wont work.

By all means they could just call it the Vampire Slayer and reboot it that way and fine... whole new feel and tone and everythign else works. but not like this. I like to try to be the optomist on here, but... I cant with this.

Post #: 32
- 26/5/2009 2:27:19 PM   
Daniel_House_Lost

terrible

Post #: 33
- 26/5/2009 2:35:41 PM   
jediwarrior

WTF!! You got to use the cast from the show if you do a Buffy film. No Whedon, No SMG. = No Point!!

Post #: 34
- 26/5/2009 3:26:34 PM   
deathbat6661

The only way I can see this working is them remaking the original movie, showing why Buffy had to leave her old school and suchlike. Or maybe showing us what happened when she left at the end of season two - or was it three? Otherwise, you need to have the original Scooby gang with her, the show may have been called Buffy but it was about all of them.

And without Joss, it's just the worst idea I can imagine.

Post #: 35
... - 26/5/2009 3:54:49 PM   
Chedderzz

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Post #: 36
What ??? - 26/5/2009 3:55:01 PM   
cianboyne

As a Buffy fan i have been waiting for a reboot since the end of the 7th season, but this is just WRONG !! no Whedon, no original cast, no point !! what they need to do is let Whedon take the drivers seat and show us what happened to the scooby gang after the series finale, thats the movie the fans want to see !! reboots and remakes are starting to really get on my tits

Post #: 37
Noooooooooooo! - 26/5/2009 4:01:35 PM   
baby_jane

This the worst idea ever!The original film was an absolutely dire bit of cinematic poo and is pretty unwatchable. MAking a film about Buffy without Joss Whedon's imput is like making the tea and not putting any water in it n- it's the bloody essence of the drink!
Maybe I am being unfair but I think that this will be another bit load of steaming poo. If they wanted to do a reboot they might want to wait another 20 years...

Post #: 38
WTF? - 26/5/2009 4:27:30 PM   
SuperKing

What is the point of this? I know the original film sucked balls but the TV series was as good a reboot as anyone can ever hope for so why ruin it by starting again? And if this turns out to be anything like Twilight then I'll probably hit something, preferably either Fran Rubel or Kaz

Post #: 39
Guess what guys. - 26/5/2009 5:01:51 PM   
cenaris

You're all going to flame me for this, I'm sure.

I was unaware of the movie before I watched the TV series. Guess what? I enjoyed the movie more than the entire how many seasons that were milked out.

Buffy should have stayed as the amusing, cheesy and tongue-in-cheek movie. The TV series was completely unsessasary in my opinion. A movie reboot of a movie that a TV series reboot? Not sure on this. I'll sit it out and see what happens.

Flame Shield: ON!

Post #: 40
RE: Buffy To Return To The Big Screen? - 26/5/2009 5:13:09 PM   
Fliblet

I can't really see anybody thinking this is a good idea....... One of the reasons that Buffy worked so beautifully as a TV show is that the characters grew and evolved over the 7 seasons, which is something that just couldn't be done over the course of a movie. And anyway, without Whedon's prescence the whole thing is doomed before it begins, since his and long running writers like Jane Espenson or Marti Noxon's creative input made the series what it was. Even though the movie has fuzzy nostalgia feelings for me (I was 13 when it came out), I can still tell that it was essentially pants, so anything that the Kuzuis have to do with the concept can only be bad. Bottom line, there are so many reasons why this is a terrible idea and zero reasons why it's going to work. End o'story. 

Post #: 41
Why God Why??!! - 26/5/2009 5:47:09 PM   
swedishblue

I've never seen the first movie and I certainly wouldn't want to see this one they are proposing. Why do people always insist on ruining a good thing?! I loved the the TV show and even more so because it didn't drag on for the sake of it. It told the story it wanted to and didn't continue just because it still had good ratings and wanted to keep the cash coming in. It ended on a high note as all shows should but rarely do. That's how I want to leave Buffy, content that it was all it needed to be. So to those who want to make a movie from it I say: LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

Post #: 42
Worst Idea Ever - 26/5/2009 5:48:58 PM   
Cooper73

What a shockingly bad idea... not just from a creative standpoint but also from a financial standpoint. Bringing Buffy to the big screen is an utterly genius idea - if you get the original cast back and Mr Whedon in charge then you have a guaranteed fanbase of everyone who watched the TV series while it was on, and everyone who picked up on it after when the DVD sets came out... plus they'd sell the original series to a whole new fanbase as well. To do a standalone "reboot" just plain sucks (hehehe). Why reboot something that was, and still is, absolutely genius. This isn't StarTrek, it didn't end badly, it ended on a high (ok not the best final season but the plotting/character arcs over 7 years have never been betterd... ok maybe by LOST but still...) Buffy has it's place as one of the best TV series ever made for a reason... and Whedon and the rest have proved they have more stories to tell with the Season 8 comics. Without Whedon or the cast I can only scream boycott and hope it never ever gets made. Seriously, that original film was utterly terrible!

Post #: 43
RE: Worst Idea Ever - 26/5/2009 6:05:58 PM   
kingalan

I've only just found out about this...

Fucking hell.

(in reply to Cooper73)
Post #: 44
Geller - 26/5/2009 6:13:34 PM   
Director

Com'n the tv show is legend and except Anthony Head and Sarah geller ain't no one from that show is doing shit so we need to do it!!!!!! Bring theTV show to the big screan it'll be legendary

Post #: 45
RE: Duh. - 26/5/2009 8:51:33 PM   
Sphinx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angelus

A fucking awful idea that reeks of post-Twilight desperation.
You know it, I know it - there's two more of them to go so we're stuck with it!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 46
Boo & hiss - 26/5/2009 9:06:09 PM   
moviemaniac-7

Leave the show alone. It is no secret that those producers had nothing to do with the tv show whatsoever & were only credited because they owned the rights (on account of making the mediocre movie, based on the great **original** script). Whedon's show gave it soul, a universe, a right to exist. Watching Buffy and the spin-off Angel gives a sense of a carefully crafted mythology that is near complete. Just leave it as it is & enjoy the comics. Not always as good as the show, but funny & hilarious throughout and overseen by... Joss Whedon himself.

Post #: 47
sh*t idea - 26/5/2009 9:10:14 PM   
davidjthomson

Leave it alone! Enough said.

Post #: 48
The worst idea in the history of bad ideas! - 26/5/2009 10:33:15 PM   
Yorkshirebint

I'd like to write a witty and vitriolic response to this unfathomable decision but I have been rendered virtually speechless with dispair at the prospect.

:-(

Post #: 49
- 26/5/2009 11:10:45 PM   
Knight of Fury

if anything you're not being harsh enough. i can't imagine there not being a big fan backlash if they just tried to do their own thing with it. there's such an established universe (continuing in the comics) for by anything else.

Post #: 50
The worst idea... - 27/5/2009 12:22:22 AM   
GypsyTrash

since someone decided to let Gary Glitter open his local school fayre!

Post #: 51
Yuck - 27/5/2009 1:41:07 AM   
nybras

Never did see the first and not about to see the next

Post #: 52
Oh dear... not again - 27/5/2009 8:14:22 AM   
kellymburgess

I will say that like everyone else here, I think this is a bad idea and I had wondered if something like this might come up after Twilight came out. However, I really felt that Buffy on TV got stale for me. I just couldn't watch it after a while. The show started off so energetic and above all, it was fun. When I decided I didn't want to watch anymore I had reached a point when I wanted to kill myself after each episode. It was just so depressing, I got sick of everyone whining all the time. That's just my opinion and obviously respect that there are people that loved it until the very end.
The original Buffy film is great, purely because it is so far removed from the TV show. It is a little ridiculous and could quite well fall into the category of being so bad it's good. Maybe that seems unfair, but I like it.

Post #: 53
Very bad idea - 27/5/2009 10:50:39 AM   
Caster

I got excited until I heard the idiot who directed the original movie was behind it all. Very, very bad idea.

Post #: 54
I'll see it but I don't think it will be a good idea - 27/5/2009 1:49:45 PM   
brokenking

A remake of the original is probably the safest option (make more in line with the accepted canon) but it would make more sense to simply carry on the series' storylines.

SPOILERS

The slayer myth is a good set up at the end of the series all the potential slayers became slayers. So the film could simply be about the new girls finding their way in the world.

END SPOILERS

Please don't forget to post spoiler warnings please. Cheers, Harry.

< Message edited by Harry Lime -- 29/5/2009 11:08:04 PM >

Post #: 55
Scooby - 27/5/2009 1:57:17 PM   
spacedou7

I have to say the tv show rocked the world for many of fans.. If anything you sholud bring it back with the old cast or just leave it as it is.. i would like to see a movie with geller and all the rest.. if Whedon's not being part of it it will be crap. Please dont let Fran Rubel Kuzui do another film without Whendon.

Post #: 56
RE: Scooby - 27/5/2009 9:27:17 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Get Swanson back! That's what I say!!!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to spacedou7)
Post #: 57
RE: NO - 27/5/2009 9:33:07 PM   
theoriginalcynic

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/a-new-buffy-movie-theres.php

I wouldn't mind if they had a new cast ala Star Trek but without Joss??? I won't be watching this if Whedon isn't involved.  Ideally I want the original cast too but that's not gonna happen.  I guess they think it would cost too much.  This is gonna be like all those horrible movie sequels example S.Darko. 

We should start a petition against this movie but I'm sure someone's doing that as we speak...

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 27/5/2009 9:37:28 PM >

(in reply to gaybuffy)
Post #: 58
RE: Guess what guys. - 27/5/2009 9:34:57 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: cenaris

You're all going to flame me for this, I'm sure.

I was unaware of the movie before I watched the TV series. Guess what? I enjoyed the movie more than the entire how many seasons that were milked out.

Buffy should have stayed as the amusing, cheesy and tongue-in-cheek movie. The TV series was completely unsessasary in my opinion. A movie reboot of a movie that a TV series reboot? Not sure on this. I'll sit it out and see what happens.

Flame Shield: ON!

Well, your opinion is clearly...insane

(in reply to cenaris)
Post #: 59
RE: Guess what guys. - 27/5/2009 9:38:06 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Not really though. Obviously all two of us liked the film. The show is ace but the film is not as bad as peeps make out. For me it was my first introduction to Buffy. I said this in another thread but (deep breath) I actually prefer Swanson as Buffy. She had the whole valley girl thing down and Gellear, well she was very thin...

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> YES YES YES YES YES! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI