Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Buffy To Return To The Big Screen?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Buffy To Return To The Big Screen? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buffy To Return To The Big Screen? - 26/5/2009 8:27:40 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Nay, nay and thrice nay - 26/5/2009 8:27:40 AM   
RobertBush1969

Potentially one of the worst ideas in the whole history of bad ideas. Buffy was neither dead nor moribund, and therefore not in need of reinvention. It just ended. It is too soon to reinvent the show with a new group, and to do so without Joss - well, despite efforts to ignore the first film we still have the evidence of what happened when his vision was interfered with.

The Kuzai's should save themselves a lot of grief. Either bring Joss in or go find another toy to play with.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
No Joss.... - 26/5/2009 8:32:21 AM   
tallaght24

No fucking movie!!!!!!

Post #: 3
Depressing but not surprising... - 26/5/2009 8:33:36 AM   
The Voice of Fate

I'm guessing these muppets have nothing else in development and no properties anyone wants to see, and are grabbing at straws.

The first film had a little snappy dialogue, drippy uninteresting direction, uninteresting junior stars and was generally the waste of space Big Joss must have worried it might become

I don't plan on seeing this...

A Buffy film from JW - now that would attract millions!

Post #: 4
I just died inside... - 26/5/2009 8:43:19 AM   
mosephland

seriously, not really overexaggerating. Even with Joss I would feel unsafe about a movie buffy for it ended quite greatly. And without Joss, that's just terrible. Like, a catastrophe. Do they not realize that Joss is god! If they are going to make this, he has to be involved. Second problem: No Scooby Gang? Fuck this shit.

Post #: 5
Whedon or no Whedon - 26/5/2009 8:46:06 AM   
Mikkel Drewsen

I hate to be the one to say this, but regardless of Whedon's involvement I would never go see a freakin' Buffy Movie!!

Post #: 6
Boooo - 26/5/2009 8:50:19 AM   
discodave101

The Buffy/Whedon following is too cult to allow this to be a success without his involvement in some way. Surely the fans are too loyal, at least I'd hope so. Fair enough if they'd approached Whedon and he'd said no, but this reads like he hasn't even been consulted.

Post #: 7
RE: Boooo - 26/5/2009 8:54:32 AM   
Daniel Kelly

Bad idea. The 1992 film is a perfect example of horrible 90's cinema, and what could potentially happen by removing whedon and letting Kuzui get her mits all over it again. The show was great, leave it at that, and let are good memories go untarnished. Though in response to someone saying that nobody would go see it, I probably would, out of pure damage factor curiousity.

www.danlandmovvies.blogspot.com

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 8
RE: Boooo - 26/5/2009 8:58:03 AM   
haffy73

Couldn't we have another Firefly movie instead??

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 9
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! - 26/5/2009 9:14:15 AM   
ryecatcher

Fran Rubel and Kaz, Please shove this idea up your KAZUI!

Post #: 10
Oh god - 26/5/2009 9:18:27 AM   
BOOOM

From the mugs that ruined Whedon's original idea in the first place?! The film is so staggeringly poor it was a miracle the excellent tv show was ever made. The TV show is one of the best of all time and the supporting characters are what made it so fantastic. If they wanted a movie they should have done one during the time when it was on TV or a spin off with one of the popular characters like Angel or Spike, but even that would be a stretch. Leave it alone!

Post #: 11
Duh. - 26/5/2009 9:34:31 AM   
jimoakley666

You know, I've never been a fan of Buffy at all. Ever. Nor Joss Whedon. I think he's way WAY overrated as a writer.

But this sounds like a pretty damned thick idea even to me. You don't fix something if it ain't broken and lets face it, it's been a very successful concept and the team who worked on the show made it what it is. Not only that, but a lot of people love the damned thing as it was. Why cock something up for no reason other than a lack of imagination to create from scratch?

Hollywood types really are fucking dense, aren't they!?

Post #: 12
RE: Duh. - 26/5/2009 9:46:23 AM   
Scruffybobby

Terrible idea, Fucking Terrible. Please let this be nouthing but a rumour.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to jimoakley666)
Post #: 13
RE: Duh. - 26/5/2009 9:59:10 AM   
Angelus

A fucking awful idea that reeks of post-Twilight desperation.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to jimoakley666)
Post #: 14
RE: Buffy To Return To The Big Screen? - 26/5/2009 10:11:54 AM   
satanbob

This is an absolutely terrible idea! I'm sure that Whedon has said before that the original film made a mockery of his idea, turning it into a 'comedy' when he wanted something more like the TV show then was, more dramatic, more action. I very much doubt he's been consulted about this but I can't imagine he'll be happy in the slightest, especially as he's still continuing the Buffy story in graphic novel form.

Post #: 15
tweentastic - 26/5/2009 10:17:41 AM   
Dr Science

most of you guys are so naive - it's like you think integrity is worth something in hollywood - integrity results in nothing but autograph appearances at fan conventions. Someone else hit the nail on the head when they mentioned Twilight - this is quite clearly a teen-vampire-craze cash-in - there is a massive PG-13 audience who missed out on Buffy and and they're not going to have any sentimental preconceptions. You never know - this might make a bag full of box office. But if the original Kazui film is anything to go by this will be DVD Dungeon fodder and just cement Kazui's reputation as a massive hack. And the twilight thing isn't going to have anywhere near the longevity of Potter - I think they're already too late.

Post #: 16
No Joss. No film. Simple as that. - 26/5/2009 10:19:19 AM   
Bill Clay

A Buffy remake and Whedon not involved, madness.

These people jumping on the Twilight bandwagon...Twilight was bloody awful.

Post #: 17
RE: Buffy To Return To The Big Screen? - 26/5/2009 10:25:55 AM   
onyx79

Bloody hell on fire! I'm one of those people who watched Buffy the TV show from day one without having heard of the 1992 film before hand. I loved the TV show and would have loved to see Buffy in a full blown feature on our silver screens. But isn't it a little too late now? If they felt really really inclined to go ahead with this idea, and if they had any signs of sanity, I personally think they should bring Joss Whedon on board. After all, it is his story, and it is him that made Buffy what she is today: a worldwide TV icon. I know it won't happen but it would be great if they brought Sarah Michelle Gellar on board too, it would tie up nicely to the TV show if they really made a reboot of the 1992 film.

Support the making of "Invasion of the not quite dead" and become a producer TODAY by donating to www.theindywoodproject.com

(in reply to satanbob)
Post #: 18
No Joss. No film. Simple as that. - 26/5/2009 10:26:11 AM   
Bill Clay

A Buffy remake and Whedon not involved, madness.

These people jumping on the Twilight bandwagon...Twilight was bloody awful.

Post #: 19
RE: tweentastic - 26/5/2009 10:42:17 AM   
BoDixen

Dr.Science.

Maybe people are naive about integrity, but I also think the producers are naive in thinking they can make buffy minus Joss Whedon a success.

Whedonites on the interwebs will stir up such a storm of hate for this project, there will be no tomorrow. No matter what people say we are in the age of the geek and they have  a lot of power.

Wil Wheaton: Goonies never say die.
Audience: You just did.

(in reply to Dr Science)
Post #: 20
NoNoNoNoNoNoNO!!!!! - 26/5/2009 10:55:17 AM   
GreatScott!!!

It's only been a couple of years since the show was on the box!
How long will it be before they reboot the reboots at this rate? As for getting a new generation of viewers - isn't that partly what DVD is for - so it, you know, kinda sticks around for people who missed it on telly?! I Bought the Prisoner on DVD because I wasn't alive when it came out, that didn't need a remake... oh, hang on...

Post #: 21
Buffy On Big Screen? - 26/5/2009 11:27:57 AM   
AquaDragon2K

No Joss Whedon attached = no Buffy to big screen. Simples!

Post #: 22
A world of no - 26/5/2009 11:37:24 AM   
popcornadict

Isn't anyone getting a sense of Deja Vue?? Buffy s made by the actors, the friendships, the Buffy-speak, the tone, mess with that it wont work. Not that it even should, Buffy (the proper Buffy) is still going strong in graphic novel form and, well just no

Horrible visions of Hayden whatsername or Megan Fox in the role causes sad face.

Post #: 23
Hell No - 26/5/2009 12:13:40 PM   
Dr Manhattan

This is the worst idea EVER, you can't make a film that FORGETS the TV series, that surely blasphemy! I'm a huge fan of the show and the fans need to stop this right now!

Post #: 24
NO WAY! - 26/5/2009 12:20:44 PM   
tejo

I absolutely loved the tv-show. It is a beautifull story, not just about fighting monsters and vampires. It's also a story about the problems we all face when we are growing up.
I love the main characters and I also would like to see them back on the screen. No other actors and no other writer then Josh Whedon could keep up with the high level of this succesfull tv-show! In short: KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF BUFFY THE VAMPIRESLAYER!

Post #: 25
RE: NO WAY! - 26/5/2009 12:47:57 PM   
Rocks Your Socks

I'm a huge Buffy fan and as much as I loved the TV series I think even a movie involving Joss Whedon would be a mistake. The show itself lost a lot of what made it popular in the last couple of seasons when eveything took a "darker" turn. Let Buffy rest I say. The best way to invigorate the show and bring in the Twilight-mad tween audience who missed it the first time around would be to put the re-runs on the BBC. After all, isn't Edward Cullen just Angel-lite?

(in reply to tejo)
Post #: 26
- 26/5/2009 12:48:37 PM   
vivlitherland

what are they playing at not getting the whedon involved?

Post #: 27
No Joss? No Buffy - 26/5/2009 1:16:55 PM   
peeka85

You can't do Buffy without Joss, simple as that. I will cry if they ruin tihs :(

Post #: 28
Very bad idea - 26/5/2009 1:35:32 PM   
Tom Sanderson

Why can't peolpe leave things alone? Buffy will be ruined if it is remade/rebooted with or without Joss! It would totally eradicate 7 brilliant years of quality TV. Why not a Buffy movie set after season 7 taking in storylines form the series 8 comics? Now that would be a smart move. Hopefully this film won't happen and even if it does I hope that Joss knows well enought to stay out of it. He's moved on (Doll House is fantastic). We all know what happens when much loved franchises are fucked with - Mr Lucas, are you reading this?

Post #: 29
NO - 26/5/2009 1:35:47 PM   
gaybuffy

Absolutely not! Without Joss Sarah or the rest of the gang - not interested.

Star Trek worked a treat because it dealt with the original characters 45 years after the original and they revamped the universe in a clever way - impossible without Joss

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Buffy To Return To The Big Screen? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI