Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

season 6 part 2?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> season 6 part 2? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
season 6 part 2? - 13/4/2010 2:48:52 PM   
target

I'm a bit confused with season six. I buy it, thinking it's the last season. then it ends.

Not much happened. So i look online and find out there's season 6 part 2 with 8 more episodes?

There was no mention of 6 being in two parts. what gives?

< Message edited by target -- 13/4/2010 2:50:04 PM >

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 31
RE: season 6 part 2? - 13/4/2010 3:02:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

I'm a bit confused with season six. I buy it, thinking it's the last season. then it ends.

Not much happened. So i look online and find out there's season 6 part 2 with 8 more episodes?

Basically season 6 was suppose to be the final season, but HBO gave Chase so much more money to make some more episodes and split it into season 6 and the Final Season. There was about a year between these seasons which is why they are split up.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 32
RE: season 6 part 2? - 13/4/2010 3:15:44 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

Basically season 6 was suppose to be the final season, but HBO gave Chase so much more money to make some more episodes and split it into season 6 and the Final Season. There was about a year between these seasons which is why they are split up.

Thanks for the reply, I'm a bit relieved actually.

Just ordered the final episodes from play. 

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 33
RE: season 6 part 2? - 13/4/2010 9:39:45 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

The best TV show ever in my opinion.

I am coming to the end of The Wire and whilst it is in it's own right a fantastic show I just can't help but thinking it isn't quite as intelligent or insightful as it thinks it is and (although for a while I thought it was possible) it cannot live with The Sopranos.

The rounded characters, wonderful performances (Edie Falco spesh), great direction and un-be-fucking-lievable dialogue ("Not for nothing but what the fuck"!)make it my personal fave.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 34
RE: season 6 part 2? - 19/4/2010 9:07:41 AM   
sroey

I have finally got to round to watching the first Season of the Sopranos. I have seen bits and bobs of episodes on TV but never actually sat down and watched all of em.

Loving it so far! I have season 2 on the way and must say its amazing - Tony's mother was hilarious and manipulating all at once!

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 35
RE: season 6 part 2? - 19/4/2010 4:07:19 PM   
Rgirvan44

I don't think it is fair to compare the Sopranos and The Wire. While the are on the exterior "crime" shows, the themes of each show are like night and day.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 36
RE: season 6 part 2? - 19/4/2010 7:05:29 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

In fairness I take back everything I have said about teh Wire. I was wrong. Its brilliant.

As is the Sopranos.

They are too different to compare directly but in terms of jaw dropping TV, The Wire just nicks it for me.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 37
RE: season 6 part 2? - 1/11/2010 2:35:18 PM   
tftrman

RIP Ginny Sach

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni5261524/

Post #: 38
RE: season 6 part 2? - 1/11/2010 2:37:19 PM   
ElephantBoy

I must hang my head in shame here, because I have to conferse I have not watched a single episode of the Sopronos EVER!

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 39
RE: season 6 part 2? - 2/12/2010 3:02:14 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

I must hang my head in shame here, because I have to conferse I have not watched a single episode of the Sopronos EVER!

Me neither. Getting the boxset for Xmas. And The West Wing (which I have never seen before either).

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 40
RE: season 6 part 2? - 2/12/2010 3:08:58 PM   
sharkboy

UTB, that's one hell of a post-xmas viewing treat you've lined up there!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 41
RE: season 6 part 2? - 3/12/2010 12:36:31 AM   
CORLEONE

Just started re-watching this for about the 4th time. BEST SHOW EVER.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 42
RE: season 6 part 2? - 3/12/2010 7:28:30 PM   
horribleives

Just started from the beginning again myself, purely because the snow always makes me feel a bit Sopranos-y.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 43
RE: season 6 part 2? - 2/2/2011 2:45:46 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Their showing it from the start on Sky Atlantic from next week but although I`m curious to see it as I missed it first time around is it really worth sitting through hours of it if the last episode was annoyingly left unresolved? Whats the point if they won`t tell us how it ends or do they in a surreal way?

< Message edited by Cruisecontroller -- 2/2/2011 2:46:12 PM >

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 44
RE: season 6 part 2? - 2/2/2011 3:21:41 PM   
Zaphod121

It's not unresolved it's just ambiguous.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 45
RE: season 6 part 2? - 2/2/2011 3:26:09 PM   
sharkboy

Personally, I loved the ending of it.  I can fully understand why it polarised people, but it works so well and is totally in keeping with Tony's character arc.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 46
RE: season 6 part 2? - 2/2/2011 3:33:32 PM   
Chief

I'll be watching this from the start as well, never seen it before. I think it starts next Tuesday or Wednesday at 9.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 47
RE: season 6 part 2? - 2/2/2011 3:50:06 PM   
CORLEONE

Everyone should watch this. Even if you aren't into organised crime, there's so much more to it. Does wane towards the end but the 1st 5 series are stupendous.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 48
RE: season 6 part 2? - 7/2/2011 12:35:42 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Everyone should watch this. Even if you aren't into organised crime, there's so much more to it. Does wane towards the end but the 1st 5 series are stupendous.

I`m sure you don`t have to be a gangster to appreciate it!

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 49
RE: season 6 part 2? - 7/2/2011 12:37:24 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

It's not unresolved it's just ambiguous.

Oh good well I`ll watch it I think Wednesday and Battlestar Galactica is on tommorrow on Sky Atlantic too. I`ve got the box sets so I`ll watch them I think of BG without those ads.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 50
RE: season 6 part 2? - 7/2/2011 3:14:12 PM   
UTB

I'm up to Season 3 on DVD - loving it so far. 

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 51
RE: season 6 part 2? - 30/4/2011 2:01:11 AM   
vad3r

Just completed my first re-watch of this incredible show.

BEST. SHOW. EVER.

So many moments, lines, memories, characters. The Wire is not in the same league as this. The Sopranos really make you feel like a part of the family, fall in love with the characters no matter how fucked up they are, contain humour.

So many heart breaking scenes near the end:

Paulie's final scene outside of Satriale's. Left sitting all alone and tanning with the cat walking across brought me to tears. Especially the line: ''I live to serve you my liege''.

Tony's incredible final scene with Junior:
"You and my father, you used to run North Jersey together"
Junior looks to perk up and says: "We did?..That's nice"

Bobby Bacala's death. As soon as his phone was left ringing in the car I was already in tears. What a death and what a character he became in such few scenes. Who will ever forget his epic fight with Tony and the beautiful ending of that episode (Home Movies). Bacala murders for the first time, comes home, picks up and hugs his daughter whilst looking out to sea with the song 'This Magic Moment'' playing.

So many amazing characters who didn't even make it to the end: Christopher, Furio, Ralphie, Livia. Tony B, Adriana, Phil Leotardo, Richie Aprile, Eugene, Vito, Big Pussy, Johnny Sack,

Nothing will EVER match it.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 30/4/2011 2:12:46 AM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 52
RE: season 6 part 2? - 30/4/2011 2:09:25 AM   
ElephantBoy

Nearly at the end of season one, and while a few episodes have not been great, for a first season it has been very engaging and exciting. It seems like they have really held a lot back early in the season, and built to a great climax that should set up a even better season next time.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 53
RE: season 6 part 2? - 30/4/2011 2:14:52 AM   
vad3r

quote:

Nearly at the end of season one, and while a few episodes have not been great, for a first season it has been very engaging and exciting. It seems like they have really held a lot back early in the season, and built to a great climax that should set up a even better season next time.

Why do you always have to find a complaint about everything and everyone?

quote:

Post #: 54
RE: season 6 part 2? - 30/4/2011 3:22:22 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Just completed my first re-watch of this incredible show.

BEST. SHOW. EVER.

So many moments, lines, memories, characters. The Wire is not in the same league as this. The Sopranos really make you feel like a part of the family, fall in love with the characters no matter how fucked up they are, contain humour.

So many heart breaking scenes near the end:

Paulie's final scene outside of Satriale's. Left sitting all alone and tanning with the cat walking across brought me to tears. Especially the line: ''I live to serve you my liege''.

Tony's incredible final scene with Junior:
"You and my father, you used to run North Jersey together"
Junior looks to perk up and says: "We did?..That's nice"

Bobby Bacala's death. As soon as his phone was left ringing in the car I was already in tears. What a death and what a character he became in such few scenes. Who will ever forget his epic fight with Tony and the beautiful ending of that episode (Home Movies). Bacala murders for the first time, comes home, picks up and hugs his daughter whilst looking out to sea with the song 'This Magic Moment'' playing.

So many amazing characters who didn't even make it to the end: Christopher, Furio, Ralphie, Livia. Tony B, Adriana, Phil Leotardo, Richie Aprile, Eugene, Vito, Big Pussy, Johnny Sack,

Nothing will EVER match it.

Nonsense. 'The Wire' is far superior. I rented out the 1st 3 seasons of 'The Sopranos' as I had not seen them. ( I saw seasons 4-6 1st as I dipped in & out) a month ago.

I did enjoy them, well acted, well directed and great acting. But the Wire has all of this and more.

There is far more scope, it deals with more issues, there is more ambition, is more nuanced, and it is far more consistant. After season 3 the sopranos wanes, whereas The Wire' after season 3 excells and takes the show in completly new directions.

There is pleanty of humour, Bunk, Clay Davies, there are no plot holes, no mistakes, and no unresolved storylines.

In fact there are a couple of shows that I think are better than the Sopranos. I think the 'The Shield' is a better show too, more wide ranging and consistant with long running storylines that conclude in a satisfying manner.

The Sopranos is a great show but I feel it is over praised. It was great when it came out, but if it came out today I don't think it would be rated as high as it is.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 55
RE: season 6 part 2? - 30/4/2011 3:38:33 PM   
CORLEONE

I've seen both Sopranos and The Wire, they occupy 1st and 2nd in my all time favorite TV shows. I'd say The Sopranos edges it, tho both series suffered from inferior final seasons.

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 56
RE: season 6 part 2? - 30/4/2011 8:42:22 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

Why do you always have to find a complaint about everything and everyone?

I don't, you can't just say that and then not back it up. Besides every long running show has weak episodes some where along the line, and to pick one or two out of thirteen is pretty good going, and for a first season I would say it ranks pretty highly. I maybe have high expections because it was voted the greatest TV drama ever in that poll a few years ago, and many people I know have rated it as one of their favourites, so based on that I am hopeing for something truly ground breaking. But there are signs that things are just going to get even better.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 57
RE: season 6 part 2? - 3/5/2011 9:50:46 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

My two favourite shows are The Wire and The Sopranos. Depending on my mood either one is considered to the be the best however they are wildly different shows and it's not really fair to draw a direct comparison. As for Elephant Boys comments, I actually agree with him on this.

Having watched the whole thing a coupld of times it is clear that the groundwork is being laid in SQ however there are a couple of kinks, namely the lack of the ambiguity which makes Carmella Sorpano (argubaly) on the all time great Fictional characters. There are times in S1 when she is talking directly to Tony about some shady business when I find myself saying "She wouldn't do that"....The moral ambiguity was nailed down from S2. Also Christopher inexplicably drifts in an out of S1 and there are a number of episodes which seem a little out of place. Don't get me wrong S1 is still utterly fantastic and it just gets better and better.

Although I have said you can't draw a direct comparison between the Wire and the Sopranos, it does make be laugh when people say that The Wire covers all these themes as if the Sopranos doesn't. Organise crime, political and police corruption on a state a federal level, issues of identity, mental health issues, mid life crisis, moral ambiguity, religion, the afterlife, betrayal etc....it's all there.

Post #: 58
RE: season 6 part 2? - 3/5/2011 10:23:30 AM   
horribleives

I don't know why people feel the need to compare them in the first place - they're both sodding brilliant but as has been said - chalk and cheese. The main difference being that The Sopranos is ultimately about one person.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 59
RE: season 6 part 2? - 3/5/2011 3:09:06 PM   
vad3r

quote:

I don't know why people feel the need to compare them in the first place - they're both sodding brilliant but as has been said - chalk and cheese. The main difference being that The Sopranos is ultimately about one person.

Except it isn't. You can just as easily argue that The Sopranos is Christopher's story.

The Sopranos is ultimately about Tony's two families.

quote:

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> season 6 part 2? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI