Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Why is it some people never stop talking?!?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Why is it some people never stop talking?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 10:49:23 AM   
Moviebabe

i work in an office with quite a few other people, why is it there are some people who never seem to stop chatting about nothing?
One of my collegues has been chatting nonstop for the past 30 mins, and i dont think anybody is even really listening or knows what she is talking about!!
it amuses me that some people have the ability to talk, talk, talk about nothing!!

Have any of you had the same experience?

**Tired of trying, Sick of crying, yeah i'm smiling but inside i'm dying!**

** when your torn between two which one do you choose the one you love or the one who loves you!**
Post #: 1
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 10:51:26 AM   
Felix

This thread is the forum equivalent of that conversation...

I havent had that experience for a while. But then again, I havent been in an office for a month and spend all week with a 16 month old, so any conversation would be a bonus.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Moviebabe)
Post #: 2
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 10:58:05 AM   
tftrman

I have that experience every. Single. Day. Particularly one guy who has an opinion on EVERYTHING. It also doesn't help that he has a voice like a transexual using hormone replacement treatment.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 3
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 11:03:34 AM   
Moviebabe

exactly!!!!! this person always has an opinion or an "experience" of every topic that is ever spoken about!!!!!!!!!
quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

I have that experience every. Single. Day. Particularly one guy who has an opinion on EVERYTHING. It also doesn't help that he has a voice like a transexual using hormone replacement treatment.

**Tired of trying, Sick of crying, yeah i'm smiling but inside i'm dying!**

** when your torn between two which one do you choose the one you love or the one who loves you!**

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 4
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 11:07:30 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

My Aunt was like that. so I shot her in the mouth. Bang.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Moviebabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 11:10:38 AM   
Fanboyslayer

We have one of those where I work. The more right he thinks he is the louder he gets just so everyone can hear how right he is. Talks to you like your somekind of simpleton as well as if you couldn't possibly know anything that he doesn't.  Complete pain in the backside but he is quite fun to wind up at times by just argueing with him for the sake of it.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Moviebabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 11:18:09 AM   
steffols

I think Im that person.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 7
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 11:28:09 AM   
Pigeon Army

We got one of them at my debating society. Complete fucking idiot - he's got a punchable face, a voice you would like to shove in an incinerator, and he says exactly what he thinks you want to hear, which is usually intolerant, idiotic, narrow-minded, disgusting, grating trash. Everyone at the society hates him, but they can't get the hint - though at least you can shut him up through basically telling him he's being an idiot (earlier tonight, he mouthed off on the Sci-Fi Club very loudly while they were in earshot, and I pretty much said, "That's inappropriate and mean, don't say that" - he stuttered and then shut up. For five seconds.).

And I'm in the same hotel room as him for the debating tournament I'm going to next weekend.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 8
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 11:49:05 AM   
Gamba

You're in a debating tournament? Cool! What training do you do for that? And do you have special topics that you concentrate on? And can you chose which side of the argument you represent?

I'm not really one for small talk but when I'm having a boring day I really enjoy it when there's some banter going on in the office. It helps that I have interesting and fun people to work with. I know what you mean though about people who just won't shut up. They usually catch you when you just want to be left alone and they can't take a hint. I think it's because they're bored and lonely, or they're just trying to impress you.

Sometimes I look up and think, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....

.... and then it hits me...

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 9
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 12:10:11 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

We got one of them at my debating society.

I quite often find those type of things tend to attract those sort of people, no offence to anyone, I'm sure there are many who attend who are very pristine debaters!

I have a friend who chooses to quote films every 20 minutes or so. And when I say, quote, I mean a 15-minute piece of dialogue. Most recently it's the Jamie i-pod rant from 'The Thick of It'. Now I've seen that a good couple of hundred times, I love it, it's deliciously funny and I know it word for word so why should I want to listen to it repeated to me every day, at least six times, in a horrific attempt at a Scottish accent that would make Matthew throw up into his cereal?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 10
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 12:14:58 PM   
Mr Dead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gamba

You're in a debating tournament? Cool! What training do you do for that? And do you have special topics that you concentrate on? And can you chose which side of the argument you represent?

I'm getting a Rocky style training montage of Pigeon arguing with people whilst running up steps, debating with  sides of beef etc... 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn
I don't know whether I should be in love with you Dead or afraid of you!

my sig is not quite as witty or clever as Circe's

A thinker and a fighter since day 1 of the Zombie Apocalypse

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 11
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 12:27:31 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Dead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gamba

I'm getting a Rocky style training montage of Pigeon arguing with people whilst running up steps, debating with  sides of beef etc... 

The tourney's called 'Thropy' (so named because of the spelling mistake on the main cup), and it's a New Zealand university novice debating tourney held over one weekend in either Hamilton or Palmy (it's in Palmy this year, which is my home town, so that's awesome). It's debated on the Australs style, I believe, which is the following -
  • You and the opposing team, each made up of three speakers, get given three moots and your side - affirmative or negative - and must choose between the moots.
  • After that, you get either 15 minutes or half an hour of prep time - I can't remember which.
  • Then you debate, six-eight minute debates, followed by two two-minute leader's replies.
We have four rounds of that, then a semi, then a final. My uni usually dominates. We just train for it by doing practice debates, like I had tonight.

And Goodfella, you would think that, but my debating society's filled up with generally excellent people, more interested in drinking and having a good time than arguing. Of course, that doesn't mean we don't have some great arguments at the bar.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to Mr Dead)
Post #: 12
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 12:45:34 PM   
grucl

Post #: 13
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 2:04:49 PM   
bigmurds

quote:

We got one of them at my debating society. Complete fucking idiot - he's got a punchable face, a voice you would like to shove in an incinerator, and he says exactly what he thinks you want to hear, which is usually intolerant, idiotic, narrow-minded, disgusting, grating trash. Everyone at the society hates him, but they can't get the hint - though at least you can shut him up through basically telling him he's being an idiot (earlier tonight, he mouthed off on the Sci-Fi Club very loudly while they were in earshot, and I pretty much said, "That's inappropriate and mean, don't say that" - he stuttered and then shut up. For five seconds.).

And I'm in the same hotel room as him for the debating tournament I'm going to next weekend.

If you get loads of you together at one time is it called a massdebate and are the members of that massdebate called massdebaters?

MY BRIAN IS FINE.......

ROCK AND ROLL

Edward Norton is never going to be Brandon Lee

Post #: 14
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 2:07:10 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmurds

quote:

If you get loads of you together at one time is it called a massdebate and are the members of that massdebate called massdebaters?

Oh, fantastic. A masturbation joke. Haven't heard that one before.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to bigmurds)
Post #: 15
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 2:17:37 PM   
shool

At what point does just being chatty become annoying?

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 16
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 4:31:34 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

When they first open their mouth.

Speech sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsVHvccAr_w

< Message edited by Squidward Hark Bugle -- 13/5/2009 4:37:34 PM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 17
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 4:35:05 PM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

At what point does just being chatty become annoying?

At work, after the first 5 minutes. In a social situation it shouldn't, if it does- get yourself some new friends!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 18
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 4:46:08 PM   
Benjamin Dover

Depends on your job though, surely.

6 Waffles now!!! (Thx Uncle Jun)

"Everyones dying to be a Zombie!"-Ted Striker

Keira Knightley talked to me! To me, by my name!!! (Yes online, but still, closest I'll ever get...)

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 19
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 4:58:43 PM   
bigmurds

quote:

quote:

quote:

aww c'mon you know you chuckled...

And i thought i was genuinley original too.

MY BRIAN IS FINE.......

ROCK AND ROLL

Edward Norton is never going to be Brandon Lee

Post #: 20
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 7:33:18 PM   
Stewie_Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moviebabe

it amuses me that some people have the ability to talk, talk, talk about nothing!!

If that amuses you so much, you should check out General Chat.

Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is "Expiation"

(in reply to Moviebabe)
Post #: 21
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 8:36:43 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I knew someone when I was at school whose surname was Bates. It was most amusing when he went to the debates we had...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to bigmurds)
Post #: 22
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 13/5/2009 11:20:24 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I knew someone when I was at school whose surname was Bates. It was most amusing when he went to the debates we had...

Didn't they call you kids Master back when you went to school in the 1920s? I'm sure that would've been hilarious for all but him.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 23
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 14/5/2009 8:03:13 AM   
JoeyPottr

It could be a lot of things, they could have self-esteem issues, they could be on speed, they could just be nervous, they could just like to talk or the most common at my work: VERBAL DIARRHEA!

wandering through the tall grass of life

Post #: 24
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 14/5/2009 9:18:56 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Perhaps they love you.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 25
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 14/5/2009 12:29:51 PM   
Chief

I see the same thing happening on these forums all the time, certainly more in the last couple of months. One line responses, followed by another, then another, then another.....

Ends up looking like a teenage chat room. Each to their own I suppose!

< Message edited by Chief -- 14/5/2009 12:30:50 PM >

(in reply to Moviebabe)
Post #: 26
RE: Why is it some people never stop talking?!? - 14/5/2009 12:36:02 PM   
Glider Boy

should you not have your "stores" hat on chief?

...it's like trying to teach bears about heaven.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Why is it some people never stop talking?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI