Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines - 9/5/2008 10:14:33 AM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

The crane truck chase is probably one of the best action sequences of the decade,and the ending is a brave and bold one.

Agree 100%. No its not as good as the previous films but this is a lean fun action movie, unlike most nowadays which get bogged down in dull extended soap opera style character angst in laughable attempts to add gravitas. T3 is pure popcorn fun!

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 31
I liked it - 12/6/2008 7:44:52 PM   
jomo999

Quite a bit actually, it's a great action movie in its own right and delivers enough action to satisfy anyone, plus arnie is on great form and hilarious. Obviously not as good as the previous two - they were masterpieces but it is a lot of fun and I had a good time, that's what counts.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
Terminator 3 - 28/10/2008 3:15:28 AM   
CIW

This is a pretty good film but it should have been more violent with a 15 rating rather than a 12.

Post #: 33
Whut? - 8/11/2008 6:20:15 PM   
fug91

I hated this film, because it basically fucks entirely with the whole time travel thing. You can either change the future, or you can't. You can't change small things but not big things. This makes the first two films entirely redundant as well "we averted disaster, but it turns out its only for a while" utter bullshit. The end of the world is either unstoppable, or stoppable. God dammit. Just writing this I've changed my rating from 2 to 1. Awful.

Post #: 34
awful film which should be erased from the franchise - 25/1/2009 11:24:54 AM   
THE DALTONATOR

Terminator 2 judgement day is a classic a complete classic and an absolutely stunning film. This is not the only good thing about it is the action and special effects. t2 was a masterpiece this is a master shit piece terminator 4 better be much better than this lame effort the ending was good and i cant say i wasn't entertained but the script was weak and the film poor.

Post #: 35
Why? - 25/7/2009 2:25:51 AM   
adamthecaptain

Terminator 2 ended so perfectly. There the terminator franchise was secured nicely into cinematic history, as soon as they decided to make this film they ruined the whole series. This film was mildly entertaining and well made. But it should never have been but in production.

Post #: 36
Arnies Judgement Day; Guilty - 16/8/2010 10:39:15 PM   
bnicholson50

Ok. The terminator never needed to be a franchise. neither did aliens. Both concepts were wonderfully realised in two great movies respectively. So, I review this movie as an Arnie fan rather than a Terminator fan. I was sorely dissapointed with the sixth day but this is where Arnie truely stopped caring, sold out, took the money and ran. First movie I ever walked out on. one star because I have to

Post #: 37
RE: Arnies Judgement Day; Guilty - 24/8/2011 6:04:44 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I upgraded my Terminator films to Blu Ray and had a bit of a marathon these past few days. Anyway, my point is Rise of The Machines really holds up. It's not a patch on the first 2 but IMO it pisses all over Salvation - I like Salvation mind- due to the fact it's just so faithful to the spirit of the first film. The ending is ace, the TX is good, better than I remembered and even Claire Danes didn't suck this time. I was shocked by how much I enjoyed it and that was slapping it on after watching T2! (Note: The tv still stands heads and shoulders over T3 and T4.)

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to bnicholson50)
Post #: 38
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Review - 13/12/2011 11:10:30 PM   
the film man

Although Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines never reaches the heights of the second movie, it is a welcome addition to the Terminator franchise.

Post #: 39
RE: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Review - 12/8/2012 3:56:57 PM   
jackcarter

T3!

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 31/10/2012 10:20:42 PM >

(in reply to the film man)
Post #: 40
RE: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Review - 22/8/2012 10:47:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

I still maintain that all the problems in T3 can be traced back to T2. T2 is really where the franchise changed, from hard sort of sci-fi to the big blockbuster feel. While I know most people prefer T2, Terminator is my favourite of the franchise. T3 perhaps goes too far into comedy, but there is a direct link to T2 there.

I have to say as well, I really, really liked the finale of the movie. You still don't see things like that in most blockbusters.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 41
RE: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Review - 1/9/2012 3:57:43 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I still maintain that all the problems in T3 can be traced back to T2. T2 is really where the franchise changed, from hard sort of sci-fi to the big blockbuster feel. While I know most people prefer T2, Terminator is my favourite of the franchise. T3 perhaps goes too far into comedy, but there is a direct link to T2 there.

I have to say as well, I really, really liked the finale of the movie. You still don't see things like that in most blockbusters.

i also consider T1 the best by far. T2 is almost a different genre like Aliens (Alien/T1 = SF horror, Aliens/T2 = SF action) T2 while obviously amazing is like the theme park version of T1

and like Alien 3, T3 turned out the dissapointing threequel (as did A4/T4) so by that reckoning the 5th Terminator (prequel?) will split critics & audiences right down the middle

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 1/9/2012 10:31:59 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 42
RE: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Review - 1/9/2012 8:42:21 PM   
vad3r

T1 > T2 > T:SCC > TS > T3.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 43
RE: Terminator 3 - 3/9/2012 9:28:18 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: CIW

This is a pretty good film but it should have been more violent with a 15 rating rather than a 12.

I think its actually more violent than T2.The TX kills more people than the T-1000 did and the bit where it rams its fist through a guys chest was fairly graphic.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to CIW)
Post #: 44
RE: Terminator 3 - 6/9/2012 1:30:17 AM   
max314

I saw this film three times at the cinema just to make sure it really was as bad as it was.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI