Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Brett Ratner Off Conan?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Brett Ratner Off Conan? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Brett Ratner Off Conan? - 7/5/2009 10:16:13 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 7/5/2009 10:16:13 PM   
lona_no_friends

The fewer films Brett Ratner makes, the better as far as Im concerned. He already ruined X-Men!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Brett Ratner is a cock! - 8/5/2009 12:37:31 AM   
tallaght24

And yes that is my professional opinion!

Post #: 3
- 8/5/2009 8:39:42 AM   
steveg66

Just make the damn thing, I've been waiting too long. Let Robert Rodriguez have a go at Conan. Think it could be a good move. He was supposed to be doing Red Sonja anyway, at least there would be some continuity with both films' directoral style. This least he could do is get the casting right. Ratner would have just picked a load of talentless muscle from the WWE! Imagine John Cena in the part! Nnoooooooo!

Post #: 4
- 8/5/2009 8:52:36 AM   
waltham1979

How come we all slag off people like Uwe Bowle yet give people like Ratner the time of space?!

Post #: 5
Hack Slashed (see what I did there?) - 8/5/2009 10:12:31 AM   
Dr Science

nothing about this project bodes well - if they were even prepared to consider Ratner then they obviously have their hearts set on a PG13 franchise-starter - so expect anachronistic one-liners, annoying comdey side-kicks and CGI up the ying yang, complemented by action figures, lunch-boxes and duvet covers. The only way to do Conan justice is to make a moral-minority-baiting stew of gore, boobs, paganism and bad behaviour. Conan is the ultimate testosterone junkie - there's not a single sympathetic aspect of his awesome wrongness - he just kills, screws and steals

Post #: 6
THANK.... - 8/5/2009 10:19:29 AM   
lukeyboy

....Fuck for that!!

Post #: 7
RE: Hack Slashed (see what I did there?) - 8/5/2009 10:35:02 AM   
steveg66

...like I said Rodriguez for the job sounds even more promising based on your (agreed) comments, might start a petition.

"I flew into the wild and fire; I danced and died a thousand times. ...

(in reply to Dr Science)
Post #: 8
Maybe they watched X-Men: The Last Stand again.... - 8/5/2009 12:46:38 PM   
purplefacedmonkey

....and realised he was shit. Brett Ratner shouldn't be directing anything. Apart from maybe directing his way to an island somewhere in the middle of the pacific. Where he should stay. Forever.

Post #: 9
Fan-fucking-tastic news! - 8/5/2009 3:47:37 PM   
O_Goncho

By Crom, hope remains!

Post #: 10
What I want... - 8/5/2009 5:37:04 PM   
Nicky C

... personally, is for this film to attract a proper thesp who doesn't mind getting buff. It works for Christian Bale and it works for Daniel Craig. Let's see a Conan movie that's as good as a Bond, Bourne or Batman, please Krom, please. It's got to be about the emotions first, because then the kick-assery will be motivated and believable.

Post #: 11
Brett Ratner off Conan? Shame. - 9/5/2009 1:28:40 AM   
whiterussian77

Brett Ratner directing a Conan movie?? What is wrong with the Conan producers? Talk about aiming low - did they not see X-Men 3! Conan needs the sam ekind of treatment LOTR got, namely a faithful adaptation of the original source material (Conan is older than Bilbo, Frodo et al by a good few years) an dthen a decent director to bring it to life: let's put this name out there - Sir Ridley Scott?

Post #: 12
Now wait a min.... - 9/5/2009 10:16:16 AM   
gss131

Brett Ratner to direct Conan? Why not? That way the poor execs in Bollywood, er Hollywood, can make a 12 cert movie and lots of tie-ins made by cheap labour in China eg Conan on a quad bike, a stretch Conan, a conan sword with 6 realistic sounds. Fuck all those that read Conan books and watch the original hack its way through yet another DVD screening. Looks like they fucked us on Terminator Salvation by making it a (USA) PG-13, so a 12 cert Conan is something that will happen. Brett Ratner....fer fucks sake!

Post #: 13
- 9/5/2009 3:23:41 PM   
Big Red

I'm gonna go against the highly stuffy opinions here and say that I thought Ratner did a great job on X-men 3 and while I dn't think he's teh best actor for Conan, I still think he could've done a decent job. Looks like he's off it now anyways so lets hope they find a more suitable guy. John MacTeirnan (Predatot 13th Warrior) would be a good choice!

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Brett Ratner Off Conan? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI