Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Singer's stink lingers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Singer's stink lingers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 11:02:03 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: JRockwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

Brian Singer dressed the Xmen up as the Village People.

Downey Jr, Bridges, Bana, Norton, Christian Bale, Ledger don't worry about their faces being covered up. They understand the importance of fidelity to a character and respect it. Singer did not, leaving the Xmen leather clad embarrassments. Not wanting to cover up Jackman's face in Xmen I? No one knew who he was then!

Be faithful to the source material and respect the lore. And give the Wolverine his suit back.

the reason for wolverine not wearing the old comic suit is because it would look stupid when applied to the semi-real world the film is set in. i dont ever recall singer saying anywhere that he didnt want to cover jackman's face up. link?

I can't remember where I read it, something like "with all these great stars, why would I cover up their faces?" - and then he coverd up Sir Ian's. And that argument of his is bogus, semi-real world? What like the semi-real world's of the new Batman and Ironman films? Can you imagine Batman walking around in just a leather jacket? It's lazy film making, he's using that as an excuse, just find a way of making his costume applicable, necessary.

Brian: "What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?"
Batman: "I'm wearing a leather jacket"

your talking utter rubbish. that made up bryan singer quote is hilarious, if your gonna invent a quote at least make it sound like something the guy would say! you contradicted your own point by then pointing out how he covered up mckellen's face! and lets not forget perhaps the most attractive member of the X-cast Mystique, who's face is completely covered in scaly blue stuff! and then theres nightcrawler...

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 61
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 8/5/2009 8:05:13 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Brian Singer dressed the Xmen up as the Village People.

Downey Jr, Bridges, Bana, Norton, Christian Bale, Ledger don't worry about their faces being covered up. They understand the importance of fidelity to a character and respect it. Singer did not, leaving the Xmen leather clad embarrassments. Not wanting to cover up Jackman's face in Xmen I? No one knew who he was then!

Be faithful to the source material and respect the lore. And give the Wolverine his suit back.

the reason for wolverine not wearing the old comic suit is because it would look stupid when applied to the semi-real world the film is set in. i dont ever recall singer saying anywhere that he didnt want to cover jackman's face up. link?

I can't remember where I read it, something like "with all these great stars, why would I cover up their faces?" - and then he coverd up Sir Ian's. And that argument of his is bogus, semi-real world? What like the semi-real world's of the new Batman and Ironman films? Can you imagine Batman walking around in just a leather jacket? It's lazy film making, he's using that as an excuse, just find a way of making his costume applicable, necessary.

Brian: "What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?"
Batman: "I'm wearing a leather jacket"

your talking utter rubbish. that made up bryan singer quote is hilarious, if your gonna invent a quote at least make it sound like something the guy would say! you contradicted your own point by then pointing out how he covered up mckellen's face! and lets not forget perhaps the most attractive member of the X-cast Mystique, who's face is completely covered in scaly blue stuff! and then theres nightcrawler...

To be honest im sure i heard he said something along those lines?? It wouldnt have been hard to change the black leather into brown leather similer to one of his costumes??

Oh and doesnt wolverine only wear the mask in battle? so they still would have had face time for jackman as im pretty sure the 1st 2 x-men films weren't wolverine fighting all the way threw.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 62
Cursed to Live - 8/5/2009 2:22:12 PM   
xarkaltos

Hence Deadpool can't die.....the lack of a head is only a minor distraction!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 63
- 8/5/2009 7:52:37 PM   
nina5682

Deadpool has to come back or my friend will cry forever (plus Ryan Reynolds was perfect for the part, so it would just be a waste of a brilliant character that could bring plenty of money to the franchise)

Post #: 64
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 8/5/2009 11:13:08 PM   
purplefacedmonkey

quote:

Brian Singer dressed the Xmen up as the Village People....

http://images.buysuperherocostumes.com/wolverine.jpg

Yep, cos yellow spandex in real life looks just fabulous!!!

I'm a die hard X-Men fan but the black leather suits (while not perfect) still look better than what the comic book suits would look like in real life. The Batman suit works because it's black leather (hey, black leather, look at that) although if he wore the old grey and blue suit from the comics.....probably not so much.

< Message edited by purplefacedmonkey -- 8/5/2009 11:30:17 PM >

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 65
RE: RE: - 8/5/2009 11:25:06 PM   
grimlockbedi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bezerker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rickie.Littlewood

ACE!!!!
Best thing I've heard since I found out Samual L Jackson was gonna be Nick Cage.

I wish with all of my heart that this was true

And subsequently Nick Cage is now going to be Christian Bale.

So who do we get to play Luke Cage?

Marvel Movie Blog

(in reply to Bezerker)
Post #: 66
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 9/5/2009 6:24:45 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: purplefacedmonkey

quote:

Brian Singer dressed the Xmen up as the Village People....

http://images.buysuperherocostumes.com/wolverine.jpg

Yep, cos yellow spandex in real life looks just fabulous!!!

I'm a die hard X-Men fan but the black leather suits (while not perfect) still look better than what the comic book suits would look like in real life. The Batman suit works because it's black leather (hey, black leather, look at that) although if he wore the old grey and blue suit from the comics.....probably not so much.

Batman worked because it looked like the batman suit in many comics he has worn a black suit. It still wouldn't have been hard to change the suits in x-men to a more realistic style of there comic counterpart.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to purplefacedmonkey)
Post #: 67
- 9/5/2009 1:48:05 PM   
aussietrooper20

I'm hoping he wears that entire red costume the Deadpool wears in the comic books, and as his been seen in marvel ultimate alliance game, cause if they don't, it will be terrible.

Post #: 68
RE: Deadpool Spin-Off On Its Way - 9/5/2009 3:49:29 PM   
sam_stewart

This movie will be very good thoug it dependss where the movie picks up on the deadpool story, whether its pre cancer (in which case there will beprobably will be no suit) or after weapon X gave him the healing factor to combat the spread of the cancer. Whichever one they start with will be good, also during the comics you see deadpool with his mask on nearly as much as you see him in full red and black get up so a masked reynolds deadpool film it wouldnt be too bad. Im hoping for a deadpool and cable movie or atleast an introduction of cable though this im pretty sure will not happen. All in all i am psyched for the upcoming deadpool movie!

Post #: 69
One power - it's the only way that it works - 10/5/2009 9:12:18 PM   
Indigo_Fox

When I first heard Reynolds was playing Deadpool, I was ecstatic. Then I heard about the Deadpool/Weapon XI action figures, and I was concerned. Then I saw what they did to Deadpool in the Wolverine movie, and I was horrified. If they are going to make a Deadpool movie, they have to ditch all of the extra powers. They have to go back to Deadpool having natural agility and exceptional fighting skills with one (and only one) actual power - the uber-regeneration. Give him back his handheld sword (as opposed to that shit that popped out of his arms) and his guns (remember that he LOVES his guns) and give him back his insanity: then you would have a Deadpool movie.

And fuck you very much for assuming that a comic book movie can shit all over the source material and do as they please. In order to make and sell the movie, they rely on the simple economics of supply and demand. The demand has to be there first, and part of that demand is a built in fan base. They are the reason that the film goes into production in the first place. If the producers and directors wipe their ass with the source material, then they screw the very people who gave them the demand for the film. Furthermore, if they were true artists and geniuses, then they should be able to be faithful to the source material while still making a visually stunning film that can sell well at the box office. If they can't do the latter without standing by the former, then they are not artists, they are hustlers pimping us hookers when we want beauty queens.

Post #: 70
Totally share the Ryan Reynolds love - 9/11/2009 1:52:08 AM   
motleyangel

Ryan was absolutely awesome as Wade Wilson and in interviews seemed barely able to contain his own disappointment at the way they completely screwed the character up in the second half of Origins - especially considering that Fox seemed intent on prepping multiple characters for spin-off over telling a decent Wolverine story in the first place.
If Ryan is, as he has so far hinted, allowed to have input, do things his own way and stay true to the comics, a Deadpool movie has the potential to be one of the best comic book movie adaptations ever. Long as there's a decent script and supporting cast to match his talent in the role then it truly could live up to the hype. Look at Ryan's Mutant Files segment for example, you can tell how much he loves that character and I think he was literally born to play him, he already has that natural tendency for 'effervescent witticisms' as he says.

Plus the 'real' Deadpool compared himself to a Shar-pei mixed with Ryan Reynolds - I don't really think he can get a higher casting endorsement than being alluded to by the character himself!

Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Singer's stink lingers Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI