Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/5/2009 4:27:36 PM   
nazmin

Gambit origins....................

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Yeah Gambit for the win! - 6/5/2009 5:19:36 PM   
shanewire

Hows about Gambit & Wolverine? Neither character can carry a movie on their own but together they'd be great. The bits Jackman and Kitch shared in the Wolvie were some of the most enjoyable parts so I think it'd work. Deadpool movie'll be cool. Bring in Cable too.

Post #: 32
- 6/5/2009 5:25:10 PM   
lona_no_friends

As long as Ryan Reynolds is in it, I will watch. That is, and always has been, a general rule of thumb for me :D

Post #: 33
RE: Yeah Gambit for the win! - 6/5/2009 5:26:07 PM   
sowasred2012

In the interviews I've seen Reynolds do for Wolverine he seems to genuinely 'get' Deadpool, what are the chances of him, with his relative clout/box office draw, taking a producer's role on this and steering the project the right way?

Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric.

http://www.srmason.co.uk/blog/
http://www.twitter.com/sowasred2012

(in reply to shanewire)
Post #: 34
oh christ - 6/5/2009 5:51:44 PM   
astoroth

why do people get paid to come up with these ideas? "lets give the character out of the already crap wolverine movie a spinoff even though he was only in it for a few minutes and he was last seen with his head lopped off and he's the kind of character whose fairly underground and has NO broad cinema audience appeal. Yes Brilliant idea. Lets go for steak."

Post #: 35
emmm - 6/5/2009 6:07:33 PM   
SteadyEddie

he was one of the highlights in the film and way underused even in the ending it was far to quick .. wolverine was a good movie but had no real substance to much here and there but well worth a watch dead pool could be made dark inpossibly bleak and still contain his sardonic humour maybe a little of the spawn movie with a dark humour ... just an opionion

Post #: 36
SPOILER!! Weapon XI is *NOT* Deadpool. - 6/5/2009 6:47:21 PM   
Mr_Milktray

Weapon XI isn't Deadpool! Not only is he played by a different actor (Scott Adkins) but the *THIRD* easter egg ending has Deadpool looking at Weapon XI's dead body saying 'Who're you supposed to be?'

He's wearing a long black coat so when you first see the scene you think it's Sabertooth before the reveal.

Post #: 37
RE: - 6/5/2009 6:50:20 PM   
Bezerker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rickie.Littlewood

ACE!!!!
Best thing I've heard since I found out Samual L Jackson was gonna be Nick Cage.

I wish with all of my heart that this was true

Adjourn your asses

(in reply to Rickie.Littlewood)
Post #: 38
Rumsfeld! Zygote! Spatula! - 6/5/2009 6:53:12 PM   
tenstrings

Excellent news! Having seen the Deadpool ending on Youtube before it was whipped off by the Fox Lawyer Militia, I'm less concerned about the legacy of Barakapool. As long as they get shot of the sword-arms, I'd be comfortable with building on the continuity set up for Deadpool in the Wolvie film.

Reynolds won't necessarily be hidden behind makeup or mask for the Deadpool movie given the characters access to a hologram generator...was that too geeky?

J

Post #: 39
should be good - 6/5/2009 7:08:09 PM   
OPtimusPrIMEruLES

ryan reynolds is a huge fan of the character and i think that if he helps write the script* it should be great

*by this i mean give some tips to the writers about the character

Post #: 40
RE: - 6/5/2009 7:27:41 PM   
HarryHavoc

In all fairness, yes singers success. He made it accessible for pretty much anyone who walked into the cinema.

Its got nothing to do with discounting charecters, just why evryone jumps at the hype of yet another comic book movie coming along. Yes I've read alot of comics and I'm fond of them still, just look at what they did to wolverine,

does anyone seriously think that deadpool won't be full of evry other charecter from marvel in it?

(in reply to vivlitherland)
Post #: 41
- 6/5/2009 8:06:12 PM   
HBK_nWo33

Deadpool movie will be AWESOME, Deadpool is the best mutant!

Post #: 42
RE: - 6/5/2009 8:33:19 PM   
taskmaster

Good god man, this is the gazillionth time i've seen someone have to write this...

Deadpool is not a mutant

(in reply to HBK_nWo33)
Post #: 43
Thrilled to hear it! - 6/5/2009 8:54:44 PM   
shopachocaholic

Have to agree on the complete wastage of Reynolds in Wolverine (though did rather enjoy the rest of the film), and so am thrilled that we are getting a proper film! I have been waiting for both Deadpool and Reynolds to become big movie stars. The idea of a fourth-wall breaking, wise-ass talking FUN comic movieis unbelievably exciting. Bring it on!

Post #: 44
Deadpool - 6/5/2009 9:43:30 PM   
durelius

Yep this should do pretty well I imagine sounds like a recipe for certain success, if Wolverine can make a $85mill opening then this has to come close

Post #: 45
- 7/5/2009 2:57:49 AM   
bigdog1000

hold on, re-read what it says. it says this film will not use the mask aka judge dread WTF. judge dread was a bad film on many levels the man one being the lack of mask. The costume and the jokes are deadpool. Do it properly or dont do it at all

Post #: 46
Best News All Day - 7/5/2009 3:05:06 AM   
brian21

Woop-woop!

Post #: 47
RE: RE: - 7/5/2009 9:00:18 AM   
Frank Castle

I think weapon x at the end of wolverine had to be some kind of clone or something? They say they killed wade in the film but we never saw it. Wade could now be disfigured etc leading up to a reunion with victor maybe? i just wanna see victorr again he was the best thing in wolverine?

Will fox take the same route that they did with wolverine?? Take wolverine (replace with deadpool) then put every other mutants name in a hat and draw at random until u have at least 10 mutants and then write a script around them. Bravo big hollywood action!!

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to purplefacedmonkey)
Post #: 48
RE: RE: - 7/5/2009 9:02:54 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: taskmaster

Good god man, this is the gazillionth time i've seen someone have to write this...

Deadpool is not a mutant

neither was juggernaut but he was in x-men 3. i think in fox's world every characters a mutant.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to taskmaster)
Post #: 49
Did I miss something? - 7/5/2009 9:06:25 AM   
hit_or_miss_me

I saw Wolverine last night and the only two credit extras I saw were one with Stryker, and a really crap one at the end with Wolverine 'drinking to remember'. There was nothing about Deadpool opening his eyes!

Post #: 50
Did I miss something? - 7/5/2009 9:09:24 AM   
hit_or_miss_me

I saw Wolverine last night and the only two credit extras I saw were one with Stryker, and a really crap one at the end with Wolverine 'drinking to remember'. There was nothing about Deadpool opening his eyes!

Post #: 51
Did I miss something? - 7/5/2009 9:55:33 AM   
brian21

There are different endings for different cinemas. I'm sure the one wit Ryenolds is on YouTube somewhere. It's literally about twelve seconds long. He picks up his own head and it says 'shhhh'. Sin é. That's it.

Post #: 52
Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 6:47:33 PM   
JRockwell

Brian Singer dressed the Xmen up as the Village People.

Downey Jr, Bridges, Bana, Norton, Christian Bale, Ledger don't worry about their faces being covered up. They understand the importance of fidelity to a character and respect it. Singer did not, leaving the Xmen leather clad embarrassments. Not wanting to cover up Jackman's face in Xmen I? No one knew who he was then!

Be faithful to the source material and respect the lore. And give the Wolverine his suit back.

(in reply to brian21)
Post #: 53
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 7:54:15 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JRockwell

Downey Jr, Bridges, Bana, Norton, Christian Bale, Ledger don't worry about their faces being covered up. They understand the importance of fidelity to a character and respect it. Singer did not, leaving the Xmen leather clad embarrassments. Not wanting to cover up Jackman's face in Xmen I? No one knew who he was then!

Be faithful to the source material and respect the lore. And give the Wolverine his suit back.

At least half the actors you mentioned didn't play characters who wore masks...

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 54
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 8:05:58 PM   
Olaf

He said "have their faces covered up", which they all did. Bana and Norton were replaced by CGI, Ledger wore heavy makeup for the whole film and Bridges was replaced by a big robot at the end.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 55
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 8:21:05 PM   
JRockwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

He said "have their faces covered up", which they all did. Bana and Norton were replaced by CGI, Ledger wore heavy makeup for the whole film and Bridges was replaced by a big robot at the end.

Thanks man. You know I was going to bracket how their faces were covered up after each name but deleted as it sounded insulting to people's intelligence, I thought "the Empire readership is way smarter than that".

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 56
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 8:23:10 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

the reason for wolverine not wearing the old comic suit is because it would look stupid when applied to the semi-real world the film is set in. i dont ever recall singer saying anywhere that he didnt want to cover jackman's face up. link?

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 57
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 9:41:38 PM   
JRockwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

the reason for wolverine not wearing the old comic suit is because it would look stupid when applied to the semi-real world the film is set in. i dont ever recall singer saying anywhere that he didnt want to cover jackman's face up. link?

I can't remember where I read it, something like "with all these great stars, why would I cover up their faces?" - and then he coverd up Sir Ian's. And that argument of his is bogus, semi-real world? What like the semi-real world's of the new Batman and Ironman films? Can you imagine Batman walking around in just a leather jacket? It's lazy film making, he's using that as an excuse, just find a way of making his costume applicable, necessary.

Brian: "What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?"
Batman: "I'm wearing a leather jacket"

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 58
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 9:57:12 PM   
Freddy Benson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

I can't remember where I read it, something like "with all these great stars, why would I cover up their faces?" - and then he coverd up Sir Ian's. And that argument of his is bogus, semi-real world? What like the semi-real world's of the new Batman and Ironman films? Can you imagine Batman walking around in just a leather jacket? It's lazy film making, he's using that as an excuse, just find a way of making his costume applicable, necessary.

Brian: "What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?"
Batman: "I'm wearing a leather jacket"

Isn't the big difference that most of the people you are talking about have an alter ego, so the film studios get their quota of Downey Jr or Bale face time, then they can strap on the mask and be the hero. Wolverine is always Wolverine - he'd not a mild mannered shop keeper by day and a crazy retractable knife hands super hero by night.

(in reply to JRockwell)
Post #: 59
RE: Singer's stink lingers - 7/5/2009 10:15:18 PM   
JRockwell

quote:

Isn't the big difference that most of the people you are talking about have an alter ego, so the film studios get their quota of Downey Jr or Bale face time, then they can strap on the mask and be the hero. Wolverine is always Wolverine - he'd not a mild mannered shop keeper by day and a crazy retractable knife hands super hero by night.

LOL
That's what I meant by making it applicable, necessary or relevant. Have the suit do something, or mean something. It's lazy, it's part of the history of the character and I don't believe slapping him in a black leather gimp suit did anything to enhance the character/story.

(in reply to Freddy Benson)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI