Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Wolverine Sequel Goes Into Development

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Wolverine Sequel Goes Into Development Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wolverine Sequel Goes Into Development - 5/5/2009 8:50:21 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Yipee... - 5/5/2009 8:50:21 AM   
DJ Funktris

A sequel of a prequel that was a rip off of a trequel, and the sequel of the first film is the only one worth watching... Soooo i think this is a bad idea

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 5/5/2009 8:51:55 AM   
tokyomyers

If I was Jackman I'd be thinking...hmm nobody really liked wolverine, but it made alot of money... maybe I should now use that haauuuge bag of cash I'm going to be given for wolverine 2 to make a sweet ass afair!

Besides all those other films sound pretty stupid!

Post #: 3
Slow Down Hugh! - 5/5/2009 9:24:09 AM   
Scotch

Easy Tiger, just cos you're so hot right now doesn't mean you should sign up for anything. Those movies sound terrible! Are they the only non-graphic novel scripts going round in Hollywood? I accept you have a need to do a big musical but Drive sounds like a rewrite of The Fast and The Furious but the other one - A tough detective becomes a bodyguard for a teenage brat - I feel like I could puke blood!

Post #: 4
- 5/5/2009 9:45:27 AM   
Issue

Not everybody disliked Wolverine, and I think as a franchise it has a chance to grow and grow quickly. (If they're gonna bring out numerous X Men Origin films, they'd need to do it soon wouldn't they? To keep up with the generation of people watching.)

Im still to see Wolverine, but a sequel already? If it's still in the works in a years time, I'll wonder about it then lol

Post #: 5
good news - 5/5/2009 10:05:42 AM   
HoboCop

i like to see him fight silver samurai or is that too obvious a choice

Post #: 6
RE: Wolverine Sequel Goes Into Development - 5/5/2009 10:08:29 AM   
lukeyboy

Saw Wolverine last night and was pleasantly surprised after all the negative hype i'd heard,...i thouroughly enjoyed it! Sure, there were a few things that could have been better (Gambit should've had a Cajun accent without doubt), and some of the dialogue was a tad clunky (luckily it was delivered by decent actors in such a way so's not to make it too unpalletable), but on the whole it was an enjoyable comic-book romp which will appeal to all the non-anal fans of Wolverine and comic books in general, and that was on a par action/effects wise, with any of the X-Men movies.

I'd like to see the sequel next please Hugh!!

< Message edited by lukeyboy -- 5/5/2009 10:09:29 AM >

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

Post #: 7
- 5/5/2009 10:13:06 AM   
SpaceLion

I think a Wolvie sequel in Japan could be interesting. I was disappointed with Wolverine, but I'd still like to see a sequel (I have a big interest in Japan, anyway). As for what mutants they could show, there aren't that many Japanese mutants in the comics to my recollection. Sure they could have foreigners coming in, but might be a bit of a stretch to explain them being there. Japanese mutants I can think of are: The Silver Samurai (Mariko's half-brother), Sunfire, Armor... Anyone think of others?

Post #: 8
feral.... huh? - 5/5/2009 10:15:08 AM   
BigDaveP

"Wolverine trains in the way of the samurai in order to control his feral nature"

in Wolverine, he was the calmest person in that movie... hell, even when he was stabbing people he seemed like he was listening to a dido album.

Post #: 9
Good grief!! A SEQUEL!!! - 5/5/2009 10:25:22 AM   
excelsior

A SEQUEL!!!!???? To this god awful mess? Pray it doesn't happen...or if it does get Zack Snyder or David Fincher involved. As a Marvel man of many years standing I was appalled at the abortion that was Gavin Hood's "X-Men Origins-Wolverine". A nonsensical, half baked betrayal of the character made by people (Jackman excepted) who had little, or no, understanding of or sympathy for the character of Wolverine. The script was written by some sub-moronic, ADHD graduate of the Steven E. deSouza school of quips. No throughline, no plot, no pacing, over stuffed with LAME mutant cameos and un-astonishing "TWISTS".... and second hand action set pieces that wouldn't have looked out of place on the A-Team; it limped along to it's inevitable conclusion. I was horrified and crushed by the end...Jackman must shoulder some of the blame (as star and producer) but he was the only bright spot in it! My heart is broken...'Nuff said!

Post #: 10
- 5/5/2009 10:30:59 AM   
vivlitherland

you have got to be kidding me! :S

Post #: 11
RE: feral.... huh? - 5/5/2009 10:31:15 AM   
grucl

The Wolverine in Japan miniseries (co-written and drawn by Frank Miller!!) is brilliant!
I hope they'll do it justice with the new film!

(in reply to BigDaveP)
Post #: 12
Yaaaaay! - 5/5/2009 10:44:22 AM   
jimoakley666

Let's keep it about Wolverine and maybe sneak Victor Creed and Silver Samurai in there too. That's about it for mutants!!! Also. Could we have the writers of X-Men 2 back please? They did a fantastic job. And Bryan singer to direct, ha ha.

Post #: 13
- 5/5/2009 11:15:28 AM   
Rickie.Littlewood

I have seen Wolverine and I can say that I found it hugeley enjoyable,
I don't care too much if it was panned by the critics here at EMPIRE, I felt that it did exactly what it says on the tin and was loads of fun.
So I for one am looking forward to a sequel and as for the other projects, anything to raise Hugh Jackmans profile. I am yet to be dissapointed by Hugh (even Australia was watchable because of the fella) and think he should be in more leading man roles.

Post #: 14
Make films for reputaion not money!! - 5/5/2009 11:30:12 AM   
Paulicarz

Ok so Wolvering made $87 million in its first weekend but that doesn't mean anything! i went to see it the first week and i can guarantee i WILL NOT be seeing it again! and everyone who asked me what it was like was given the same answer "Flat, tedious and not worth the money!! so hopefully this opening weekend will drop off massively from word of mouth and make about $120 million. As for other films and story lines!? ive past caring, i mean learning the ways of the samurai?? sounds crap!
What is needed is a decent Hulk movie, Ang Lee's was good but the character has so much potential!!

Post #: 15
RE: Wolverine Sequel Goes Into Development - 5/5/2009 11:41:50 AM   
sonofliberty1

I like how last week there was a post on the Empire blog entitled 'Why Studios Need To Ignore The Fans' by one Helen O'Hara which (quite rightly) suggested that a lot of comic book movies are ruined by the studio's inclusion of characters just to please the fans. However this article, by the very same Helen O'Hara (unless there are two working at Empire?), signs off with the question 'And which mutants, if any, would you like to see in a Wolverine sequel?'. Priceless!

Post #: 16
RE: feral.... huh? - 5/5/2009 12:03:44 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

The Wolverine in Japan miniseries (co-written and drawn by Frank Miller!!) is brilliant!
I hope they'll do it justice with the new film!

Batman and ninjas, Wolverine and samurias................I am awaiting Spiderman and Shoalin Monks.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 17
woop-de-doo. - 5/5/2009 12:10:09 PM   
Snake-Eyes

You know what? I'm excited. (Droopy voice)

Post #: 18
- 5/5/2009 12:10:41 PM   
tomdiz

I saw wolverine yesterday and was quite disappointed, however I thought Ryan Reynolds was kick-ass. I want a spin-off deadpool movie (if anyone has seen the other post credit shebang will know it could happen). Uber fanboys have been bitching and moaning about they way they depicted him but I thought he looked ace at the end and I want to see more of that please!

Post #: 19
RE: - 5/5/2009 12:22:36 PM   
nclowe

No. Just No.

Wolverine is just not interesting enough to carry off a second film just about Wolverine! And 'Feral Nature'? What Feral Nature? Wolverine in Origins was all bark no bite!

(in reply to tomdiz)
Post #: 20
Hmmmm... - 5/5/2009 12:29:47 PM   
Noelg25

I loved the film...but I am not sure about a sequel...even one set in Japan...but maybe they should get back Bryan Singer...

Post #: 21
No faith whatsoever - 5/5/2009 1:30:08 PM   
O_Goncho

Stop making X-Movies, Fox! You really suck at them! Let Marvel have a go, damn it.

That said, if Rothman stays the fuck away (see, lost cause already) and they actually attempt to put the comic on-screen (o discordia!) I'll be happy (but probably not).

Post #: 22
BIG BUCKS!!! - 5/5/2009 5:42:33 PM   
ROTGUT

Haven't seen this yet - and the mixed reviews haven't put me off.
The film itself might not be any great shakes but at least the healthy box office means that there'll be more Superhero films in the pipe line. The Spirit was absolute dreck and deserved to sink without trace, Punisher Warzone was pretty good but the lousy box office means there won't be another - and Watchmen was sublime - but as usual - the Americans didn't seem to get it.
If Mr. Jackman wants to carry on making Wolverine movies - who knows? Perhaps Fox will take the plunge and churn out another full blown X Men movie... hopefully with Brian Singer back at the helm...............hey I can dream can't I?

Post #: 23
BIG BUCKS!!! - 5/5/2009 5:43:58 PM   
ROTGUT

Haven't seen this yet - and the mixed reviews haven't put me off.
The film itself might not be any great shakes but at least the healthy box office means that there'll be more Superhero films in the pipe line. The Spirit was absolute dreck and deserved to sink without trace, Punisher Warzone was pretty good but the lousy box office means there won't be another - and Watchmen was sublime - but as usual - the Americans didn't seem to get it.
If Mr. Jackman wants to carry on making Wolverine movies - who knows? Perhaps Fox will take the plunge and churn out another full blown X Men movie... hopefully with Brian Singer back at the helm...............hey I can dream can't I?

Post #: 24
Hell Yeah! - 5/5/2009 7:35:34 PM   
aka_sammym

Sounds good that the second movie is being set in Japan. They obviously have to include the legend that is Silver Samurai (It's all good if he's Kenuichio Harada in the movie) and no doubt they'll find a way of including Sunfire too. On the other hand, I wonder how many cameos from the X-Men universe will be included ... Omega Red or Beast? How about altering Cable's story to include him?!

< Message edited by aka_sammym -- 5/5/2009 7:41:41 PM >

Post #: 25
Brilliant news! - 6/5/2009 11:44:43 AM   
AgentOfChaos

I have to admit, I was walking into the cinema with a little bit of reluctance given Empire's 2 star review of the film, but once I saw it, I disagreed with Empire. Yes it wasn't brilliant, but with this propsed sequel, they can improve on it. And Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool was a stroke of genius. Not exactly as I thought he'd be, but brilliant nonetheless. Some fanboys will just complain for the sake of complaining. I can't wait for the Japanese set sequel, and the individual Deadpool film will be ace, and screw the naysayers!

Post #: 26
- 6/5/2009 1:56:26 PM   
cluesy

Wolverine 2 sounds like a plan, going to see the new one in a few hours. However, I wish Jackman would be given better roles after the amazing "The Prestige". "Swordfish" was pretty good too, but to be fair, he'd do alright making a musical I think because he seems to have a lot of female fans.

Post #: 27
- 6/5/2009 2:36:50 PM   
ploppyx

I think the Wolverine sequel definitely with more mutants. Carousel is going to be cheesy, the original was and I can't see it being improved upon without adding even more cheese. I think Hugh: just pick something with a really good story and maybe with less special effects... not sure about the singing though... jury is out on that one.

Post #: 28
- 6/5/2009 5:22:23 PM   
lona_no_friends

Whatever happened to Origins: Magneto? I was quite looking forward to that...

Post #: 29
I'm happy he movie didn't flop and they've got a 2nd sh... - 6/5/2009 5:24:07 PM   
shanewire

Lets have wolverine actually kill a few more people this time though. And bring in gambit. No need for many other mutants. Especially now deadpools getting his own film.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Wolverine Sequel Goes Into Development Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI