Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I was Dragged To Hell

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: I was Dragged To Hell Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I was Dragged To Hell - 1/6/2009 3:59:04 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: xxTDWPxx

this was the worst movie i have ever seen i cant believe this is a movie in all seriousness i want my money back that movie was horrible yea it had a few scares but overall it was the WORST movie i have seen in my life.

I know. I mean the people in it didn't even pause for breath when they were talking they just carried on talking and the script obviously didn't have any full stops or even commas in it i couldn't believe it

Well as the script was complete dross, like the film, then yeah I'd pretty much agree with that statement. It all just blurred into one big mess!

Actually I was just taking the piss out of the lack of grammar in the above poster's comment. It was a hugely enjoyable horror with a few laughs thrown in to boot IMO. Wish Raimi would stick to horror once he's finished Spidey 4.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 91
RE: I was Dragged To Hell - 1/6/2009 4:03:15 PM   
Olaf

Try reading xxTDWPxx's post out loud, it's fun!

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 92
RE: I was Dragged To Hell - 1/6/2009 4:14:09 PM   
losthighway

quote:

Actually I was just taking the piss out of the lack of grammar in the above poster's comment.

I know you were... I was being fascicious!

Part of me wishes he had just made Evil Dead 4 instead of this tbh, although having witnessed the over reliance on CGI in this film (I was really hoping for more back-to-basics SFX like in his early films) and a humour which jus felt like a really watered down version of that seen in the first two Evil Dead films, I'm slightly concerned about how a new Evil Dead movie might actually turn out should he decide to make one!?

< Message edited by losthighway -- 1/6/2009 4:15:06 PM >

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 93
RE: Drag Me To Hell - 1/6/2009 8:18:12 PM   
harley_quinn

are we talking about the same film here?i saw it at a preview last thursday-it kinda sucked.very Evil Dead style humour and Alison Lohman played a very neurotic,tormented and hilarious lead.
however,whoever said it's ''the scariest film of the last 10 years'' needs to start taking anti-schizophrenic medication,as the scariest thing about this movie was the naff CGI effects and unconvincing ending.
the old gypsy woman was brilliant,i'll admit.but this is just a slapstick comedy movie under the guiseof a 'horror' movie.
Raimi lost his touch after Spidey 3 and is merely trying to relive his Evil Dead,glory days by maintaining a punk-ethos approach to shooting whilst ignoring the fact that this is actually a box office-headed production.
and what about the talking goat?woo,scaaarrryyy.ahem.
i'd give this goat-baiting movie 2 stars outta 5,1 star for the great performances by both Lohman and the gypsy woman,and another star for the funny Ash-esque oneliners.
wanna see a REALLY scary movie?watch Wolverine:Origins...terrifying(ly) bad.

you know what i wish?i wish all the scum in the world had one throat...and i had my hands about it.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 94
- 2/6/2009 8:07:18 AM   
mozzaman

seen it with my mum last night, and i noticed myself, when i got home turning on all the lights and before going into rooms i would make my dog go in first :P
but the film itself was brilliant, and the scares were just as good as the laughs.
by the way, a button fell off my coat, and am going to give it to someone haha:)

Post #: 95
- 2/6/2009 8:49:49 AM   
rumblefish1976

Scariest film of the decade? No. It did have its moments. Maybe it was just my local cinema, but the volume was turned up to 11.
One of the funniest films of the decade? Hell yeah. The gypsy woman fight in the car, the possessed goat, spraying blood over her boss etc. etc.
Please let someone else direct Spidey 4 (preferably with an Aunt May opening death scene), Sam needs to go and make Evil Dead 4 instead....please,please,please.

Post #: 96
RE: - 2/6/2009 9:36:11 AM   
dj vivace

The first half hour was pretty good, the opening scene in particular reminded me of the early horrors. However, scariest film of the decade??? Its not even the scariest film of the week!!! It all went downhill, and ended up a complete comedy mess. I'd read that the seance scene was brilliant, well, a talking fucking goat (which looked awful) and then the possessed man dancing on the fucking fire, i was close to walking out. Biggest let down of the year. It should've been marketed as a horror/comedy instead of the scariest film of the decade, at least then we would've had a slight idea of what to expect. NOT FUCKING SCARY!!

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to rumblefish1976)
Post #: 97
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 9:48:49 AM   
alexhurst25

Has the whole world gone mad ? This film was appalling and people are falling over themselves to praise Sam Raimi's tosh. Why ? The performances were reminiscent of Natalie Portman in Star Wars, the dialogue wince inducingly bad. The set-up in the bank…..pitiful. A five your old could have devised a more realistic set-up regarding a banking promotion. As for actual frights, making very loud and sudden noises isn't particularly chilling - it just makes you jump. Perhaps it was meant to be funny ? I'm afraid not. Watching an actress who couldn’t convey terror it she was actually being threatened by a demon, whilst splattering her repeatedly with various fluids isn't really funny is it ? Even the sets irritated me frankly, and then there were the rips offs from far better films - A nightmare on Elm Street where Tina is flung about her bedroom for one, then the end of Poltergeist where the mother sinks below a grave filled with water. God what an awful film, but made so much worse by the ass kissing critics. How do people like Raimi keep getting away with it ? I suppose because his recent trilogy (dull man) raked in so much cash which feeds the industry. Mr Raimi, Id really like my money back please because that was 90 minutes of hell I didn’t need to be dragged through.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 98
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 12:31:28 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexhurst25

Has the whole world gone mad ? This film was appalling and people are falling over themselves to praise Sam Raimi's tosh. Why ? The performances were reminiscent of Natalie Portman in Star Wars, the dialogue wince inducingly bad. The set-up in the bank…..pitiful. A five your old could have devised a more realistic set-up regarding a banking promotion. As for actual frights, making very loud and sudden noises isn't particularly chilling - it just makes you jump. Perhaps it was meant to be funny ? I'm afraid not. Watching an actress who couldn't convey terror it she was actually being threatened by a demon, whilst splattering her repeatedly with various fluids isn't really funny is it ? Even the sets irritated me frankly, and then there were the rips offs from far better films - A nightmare on Elm Street where Tina is flung about her bedroom for one, then the end of Poltergeist where the mother sinks below a grave filled with water. God what an awful film, but made so much worse by the ass kissing critics. How do people like Raimi keep getting away with it ? I suppose because his recent trilogy (dull man) raked in so much cash which feeds the industry. Mr Raimi, Id really like my money back please because that was 90 minutes of hell I didn't need to be dragged through.

Awesome! Sounds like Evil Dead 2. Can't wait to get round to seeing it now.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to alexhurst25)
Post #: 99
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 1:02:46 PM   
dark_exodus

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

It is very Evil Dead 2, and therefore AWESOME

< Message edited by dark_exodus -- 2/6/2009 1:03:11 PM >

Watched at the Cinema Recently
The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 100
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 1:04:04 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: dark_exodus

quote:

Best. Review. Ever.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

(in reply to dark_exodus)
Post #: 101
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 1:05:11 PM   
alexhurst25

The thing is, Evil Dead was good and had some charecter. What I sat through last night, had the charecter, originality, and entertainment factor of a loaf of Tescos value bread.

(in reply to dark_exodus)
Post #: 102
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 1:46:49 PM   
spamandham

Yeah i wasn't that impressed either, annoying lead girl didn't help. Not a bad film at all by today's standards but totally weak and diluted when held up to the likes of Evil dead.

I'd rate it at around 67%

< Message edited by spamandham -- 2/6/2009 1:47:42 PM >

Post #: 103
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 3:15:13 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamandham

I'd rate it at around 67%

Did you remember to round up?

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 104
RE: RE: - 2/6/2009 3:38:54 PM   
talpacino

Really enjoyed this, very scary, funny and some parts of it are feckin gross, mainly the two big kiss scenes. The CGI isn't bad but it looks fairly obvious at times especially during the second kiss but they kind of had to use it for Alison Lohman's sake.

Anyway, really enjoyable like The Evil Dead II, go see.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 105
- 2/6/2009 5:50:38 PM   
agent cooper

Once again Empire languishes a 4 star review on a movie only worth 3. It's ok but as my Wife and I agreed not worth the £6 odd we both paid to see it. Yes I preferred it to The Spiderman movies Rami has spent the last decade of his career bringing to the screen but those expecting Evil dead like quality are going to be disappointed. It does what it says on the tin & Lohman is an impressive enough lead. Plenty of jumpy moments but don't think of it for too long and you'll see the plot is riddled with holes. The twist doesn't exactly come as a surprise but it's not unwelcome.

Post #: 106
Raimi is king! - 2/6/2009 11:58:07 PM   
jimibadboi7

absolute genius! a pure delight....the best horror in years! raimi has done his evil dead legacy proud!!!

Post #: 107
Raimi is king! - 2/6/2009 11:58:10 PM   
jimibadboi7

absolute genius! a pure delight....the best horror in years! raimi has done his evil dead legacy proud!!!

Post #: 108
RE: Raimi is king! - 3/6/2009 1:29:44 AM   
Swoz_MK

Best goat ever

(in reply to jimibadboi7)
Post #: 109
RE: Raimi is king! - 3/6/2009 10:15:40 AM   
Scruffybobby

A Masterpiece, utterly terrifying, the best horror of the last ten tears? Well no, not really, not even close actually. But it is bloody good fun.

The scares are for the most part scary and the laughs are very funny, often at the same time. Alison Lohman is an appealing lead and you can't help but root for her whilst at the same time savouring her misfortunes. There are some things that don't make a hell of a lot of sense (why are Mrs Ganosh;s teeth blackened and rotting when they're falsers - did she have them made that way?) and if you think about it at all none of it really holds up. Whilst it lasts though it's a blast

Raimi has managed to pull off the very tricky task of making a successful comedy horro that manages to be both. Well done to him for that, more of the same please

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 110
RE: Raimi is king! - 3/6/2009 4:58:53 PM   
David Dvd 1988

Its my opinion that its the best horror in the last 10 years cant believe everyone getting so touchy about it. I dont go regularly to see horror (cause most of it is crap) or even musical films in the cinema maybe that explains it

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

http://www.angryalien.com

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 111
RE: Raimi is king! - 3/6/2009 6:50:06 PM   
skeletonjack

An absolute blast from start to finish this is as fun a horror movie as you're likely to see.
Welcome back to horror Sam, now get off your arse and make Evil Dead 4!
4 stars

(in reply to David Dvd 1988)
Post #: 112
RE: Raimi is king! - 3/6/2009 10:13:04 PM   
Dr Lenera

Sam Raimi returns to the genre that he began with and creates a hugely enjoyable horror comedy that at times mixes scares and humour as well as Evil Dead 2. The story is classic EC comics,with messages and morals in there if you want to look for them,but Raimi,who has regained his skill for breathless pacing,is generally out to give an audience a good time and,aided by lots of really loud sound effects succeeds,delivering suspense,jumps ands giggles by the bucketload,all grounded by a likeable and relatable main character. It's never that original of course,and there is one seance sequence that begins scary but fizzles out and turns into a luke warm Evil Dead rehash,but set against that is some really clever and twisted stuff such as a sequence in a diner where the heroine is looking for someone to pass her curse on to. Nothing special maybe,but Drag Me To Hell delivers in spades in terms of what it sets out to do. Perhaps Raimi does have in in him to make Evil Dead 4 after all.....

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to skeletonjack)
Post #: 113
RE: Raimi is king! - 4/6/2009 11:04:21 AM   
alexhurst25

I cant believe the positive reviews for this film. They must be showing two versions that are 100% different from each other. Either that or you people are very easily entertained.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 114
RE: Raimi is king! - 4/6/2009 12:11:39 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

I cant believe the positive reviews for this film. They must be showing two versions that are 100% different from each other. Either that or you people are very easily entertained.

Every single post of yours has been negative. It's getting old. Fast.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 115
RE: Raimi is king! - 4/6/2009 12:14:27 PM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

Every single post of yours has been negative. It's getting old. Fast.

I was going to post something along the same lines, you beat me to it.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 116
RE: RE: - 4/6/2009 9:31:19 PM   
M

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: dark_exodus

quote:

Best. Review. Ever.

I know there's a moment you're going to love Clowny!

I thought it was fantastic - the comedy moments after the gross outs and tension were like release valves. The audience were swinging between shrieking, cringing and laughing at all the right times - definitely see this at a busy time to get the full effect with a loud audience. It perhaps loses momentum in the last act, and isn't quite Evil Dead, but it's still a great ride.

I like to watch.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 117
i liked it... - 5/6/2009 12:26:23 AM   
liam_

had just about the right balance. I went not expecting much but was really surprized- in a good way.

BUT

I really didnt like the ending cause i saw it coming and thought it was unfair AND

WHY DID SHE KILL THAT CUTE LITTLE KITTY!

Post #: 118
Laughably bad! - 5/6/2009 9:33:53 AM   
Tinypixie

Evil Dead 2 had me gripped, scared, feeling a little (ok, a lot) sick & laughing along with Sam Raimi in horrified glee. Drag Me To Hell simply had me laughing at Sam Raimi.

In what seems to be an effort to recapture the gloriously dark freewheeling anarchy of Evil Dead 2, Drag Me To Hell just felt forced & over the top. There was no genuine creepiness, shock or horror, just a lot of derivative & repetitive schlock.

Considering the viscera Mr Raimi has happily served up, the cat sacrificing side-step was a puzzler. Well before the end the final twist was as obvious as a high speed train (!) & as for the goat, that’s where words fail me.

Post #: 119
Laughably bad! - 5/6/2009 9:33:56 AM   
Tinypixie

Evil Dead 2 had me gripped, scared, feeling a little (ok, a lot) sick & laughing along with Sam Raimi in horrified glee. Drag Me To Hell simply had me laughing at Sam Raimi.

In what seems to be an effort to recapture the gloriously dark freewheeling anarchy of Evil Dead 2, Drag Me To Hell just felt forced & over the top. There was no genuine creepiness, shock or horror, just a lot of derivative & repetitive schlock.

Considering the viscera Mr Raimi has happily served up, the cat sacrificing side-step was a puzzler. Well before the end the final twist was as obvious as a high speed train (!) & as for the goat, that’s where words fail me.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: I was Dragged To Hell Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI