Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Michael Fassbender

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Michael Fassbender Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Michael Fassbender - 24/10/2009 10:32:38 PM   
somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: doncopey1

He is surely one of the top actors emerging out there and to be honest i've already seen more from him than Christian Bale. He is terrific in Hunger and Fish Tank and Waltz aside he is the best thing in Inglorious Basterds, he is fantastic during that bar scene.

This decades Daniel Day Lewis...?

Well he's made more films this decade than Daniel Day Lewis but that's just hyperbowl.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 31
RE: Michael Fassbender - 26/10/2009 4:12:28 PM   
ElephantBoy

Fish Tank is coming soon to my local picture house and boy i can't wait for this one, Red Road was awesome!

(in reply to somekindof_battery)
Post #: 32
RE: Michael Fassbender - 29/10/2009 1:16:08 PM   
Workshed

Michael Fenderbender first came to my attention in Inglourious Basterds. A fine, assured young actor with a good carrer ahead of him were my initial thoughts.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 33
RE: Michael Fassbender - 29/10/2009 1:55:21 PM   
nclowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Workshed

Michael Fenderbender first came to my attention in Inglourious Basterds. A fine, assured young actor with a good carrer ahead of him were my initial thoughts.

First came to my attention for purely shallow reasons in 300 ;) Then saw him in The Devils Whore and paid more attention to his acting - really hope Empire does an interview with him soon as I've been really impressed with his work to date. Looking forwards to Centurian as hoping that will wipe out the Roman horror that was King Arthur....

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 34
RE: Michael Fassbender - 29/10/2009 5:26:51 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ikeaboy

Fassbender as the next 007! Any takers?

He'd make a great Bond or Bond villain - i'd like to see him in a Robert Shaw type From Russia With Love type villain. Bond's equal.

He's also great in Inglourious Basterds, just a shame he wasn't in it more.

Last week Ladbrokes were apparently offering 50/1 odds on Fassbender becoming the new Bond by 2012.   Hysterical, premature speculation at its finest, but a nice prospect all the same.

Post #: 35
RE: Michael Fassbender - 31/10/2009 2:45:50 AM   
simone66

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ikeaboy

Fassbender as the next 007! Any takers?

He'd make a great Bond or Bond villain - i'd like to see him in a Robert Shaw type From Russia With Love type villain. Bond's equal.

He's also great in Inglourious Basterds, just a shame he wasn't in it more.

Last week Ladbrokes were apparently offering 50/1 odds on Fassbender becoming the new Bond by 2012.   Hysterical, premature speculation at its finest, but a nice prospect all the same.

I would love to see Michael Fassbender as James Bond one day. But I think he looks a bit too young. Maybe in 2016? In the meanwhile, I still enjoy Daniel Craig.

http://fassinatingfassbender.blogspot.com/

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 36
RE: Michael Fassbender - 16/11/2009 3:25:58 PM   
ElephantBoy

Another very good turn in Fish Tank which i saw the other night, nicely understated able to rein in the performance highlighting the important themes of the story and also making sure he doesn't oversadow his young lead, all the while carring great mistiqe and mence.

Post #: 37
RE: Michael Fassbender - 2/12/2009 10:09:33 PM   
simone66

David at DP/30  has a great interview with Michael Fassbender. It's about 20 minutes long! Have a warm cup of tea/coffee by your side. I love this guy!

http://www.dp30.com/blog/2009/11/30/michael-fassbender-fish-tank-inglourious-basterds/

Post #: 38
RE: Michael Fassbender - 13/5/2010 3:52:57 AM   
simone66

I interviewed Michael Fassbender for my blog on him on Tuesday. He's a fantastic man! I'll post the interview in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, here's a link to information about the interview.

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 39
RE: Michael Fassbender - 13/5/2010 5:41:46 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: simone66
I love this guy!

Oh dear please would you compose yourself. *applies liberal dabbing through a napkin*

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 13/5/2010 5:42:22 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 40
RE: Michael Fassbender - 14/5/2010 9:29:19 AM   
Alistair81

I met his dad on holiday in Barbados last year.  Nice chap.

"The kid's like... he's like a... have you ever seen a drunk baby? "

"Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... fuckin'... Shaft. "

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 41
RE: Michael Fassbender - 20/5/2010 6:54:44 PM   
jermreen

How would everyone feel if he was casted to play Judge Dredd in the upcoming movie?
Honestly I think he might be able to pull it off.

(in reply to Alistair81)
Post #: 42
RE: Michael Fassbender - 21/5/2010 2:18:52 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

Michael is a very good actor who is at a critical point in his career.
He needs another stand-out turn like Hunger to push him to the next level.
He's made several movies he's decent in to increase his portfolio's standing,but he isn't great in them.
Maybe an Oscar will come,certainly if he continues as he is,but even Adrian Brody has an Oscar,but not a career,so he needs to be careful.
Thin line between what snobs perceive as "sell-out" movies,and what lesser mortals perceive as "pseudo-crap" which nobody goes to see.

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 43
RE: Michael Fassbender - 21/5/2010 7:15:26 PM   
Nefruaten

quote:

ORIGINAL: doncopey1

He is surely one of the top actors emerging out there and to be honest i've already seen more from him than Christian Bale. He is terrific in Hunger and Fish Tank and Waltz aside he is the best thing in Inglorious Basterds, he is fantastic during that bar scene.

This decades Daniel Day Lewis...?

I just knew someone would bring up Christian Bale's name!
Look, I like Fassbender, I do, but he's still knocking on the penthouse suite door. Christian already proved himself a number of times Machinist, Rescue Dawn, Harsh Times, American Psycho, Empire of the Sun, 3:10 to Yuma, Prestige). Fassbender's Hunger is Bale's Machinist. Neither of them got the praise the deserved and that's because Hollywood lightweight actors rule with the iron dollar. I would like to see both of them in the same film together against some of the Hollywood's lesser actors. They would kick Hollywood butt.

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 44
RE: Michael Fassbender - 4/6/2010 12:14:20 PM   
simone66

Hey people! My Michael Fassbender interview is now available at http://fassinatingfassbender.blogspot.com/2010/06/exclusive-interview-with-michael.html

Thanks!

(in reply to Nefruaten)
Post #: 45
RE: Michael Fassbender - 23/6/2010 7:20:32 PM   
Sphinx

I just hope his Rochester is good enough, he's too young to play him but we'll see how he fares.....

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 46
RE: Michael Fassbender - 25/10/2010 1:14:49 PM   
The Doberman

He first came to my attention in this Sky show Hex, he played this demon dude Azazeal. It was alright, he was captivating.
Love him in Basterds

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 47
RE: Michael Fassbender - 6/1/2011 9:13:16 PM   
MovieAddict247

I saw Hunger the other day - he was phenomenal. He's got a lot of good looking projects lined up, according to IMDb - A Dangerous Method, At Swim-Two-Birds, Shame and Birdsong.

I would love to see him work with someone like Paul Thomas Anderson.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to The Doberman)
Post #: 48
RE: Michael Fassbender - 19/1/2011 1:48:03 PM   
jermreen

Yeah I have always loved his work and so proud he's from the same town as me   but X Men? He will definately pull off Magneto but I just want to see him stick with the grown up films for now. Him being cast as Magneto actually shows how fast his career has become.

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 49
RE: Michael Fassbender - 9/2/2011 10:49:37 AM   
Freeky_Feet

I've actually only seen him in Inglorious Basterds, which I thought he was very good in. Need to see a few more of his films. Oh and he's very hot!

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 50
RE: Michael Fassbender - 10/2/2011 3:27:58 PM   
st3veebee

Definitely has an immense amount of talent and a good screen presence ; the future is his for the taking., just hope he doesn't screw it up like other certain Irish actors.......

As for Bond; why the hell not?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to doncopey1)
Post #: 51
RE: Michael Fassbender - 15/5/2011 6:42:50 PM   
nvh1982

Have yet to get round to watching Hunger but defo need to. First film I saw him in was 300 but didnt really make an impact until IB which considering a quite short scene time he defo made an impact, cant wait to see him in X Men and yes he is a great choice for Bond

http://cinematicscreenings2012.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 52
RE: Michael Fassbender - 26/9/2011 8:07:45 PM   
buffster28

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Doberman

He first came to my attention in this Sky show Hex, he played this demon dude Azazeal. It was alright, he was captivating.
Love him in Basterds

yeah i loved him in that show only just realized recently that , that was him way back in the day.

he was ok in jane eyre - just saw it last night. except for dodgy sideburns but they were all the rage back than . LOL.

loved him in basterds but was expecting his role to be a bit bigger , shame it wasn't.

and he did a good job in xmen as magneto too.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to The Doberman)
Post #: 53
RE: Michael Fassbender - 1/10/2011 12:58:59 PM   
ElephantBoy

I have heard very good things about him in Jane Eyne which I should be seeing soon.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 54
RE: Michael Fassbender - 9/10/2011 1:45:28 PM   
Sutty

The next Bond? The guy can rock a polo neck like no-ones business!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 55
RE: Michael Fassbender - 9/10/2011 3:43:30 PM   
darth silas

Has a problem hiding his irish accent 

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 56
RE: Michael Fassbender - 10/10/2011 6:38:40 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Has a problem hiding his irish accent 

"Let's find owt!"

I think he's a fantastic and a very versatile actor. Whatever he puts his hand to (is that the right expression?!) he gives it his all. I've seen him in "Centurion", "Fish Tank" and "Jonah Hex". I thought he was impressive in all three. Now I wasn't overly keen on "FT" and I didn't like "JH" (no surprise) but he was the best thing in that film by far. His manic Irish thug/assassin character was hilarious and had a certain murderous glee about him which he nailed. I think he looks very solid in "Jane Eyre" and I've seen him in the trailer for "Angel" alongside the lovely Romola Garai and he looks good in that film too. It's funny, I didn't purposely set out to watch him in any films, but I happened to watch things where he was in them. And it was a case of "ah, he's in this one too!" but he's definitely an actor that will only get better and he'll make bigger films.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 57
RE: Michael Fassbender - 16/1/2012 5:18:28 PM   
buffster28

recently saw him in blood creek with superman to be henry cavill. not a bad film too bad michael spent most of it hidden under tonz of make up though.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 58
RE: Michael Fassbender - 16/1/2012 6:19:26 PM   
ElephantBoy

One of his finest performances to date was as Mr Rosschester in the recent Jane Eyre, who was just so steely, devilish and yet tragic also. It was a truly commending appearence, and a great film, one of the finests of 2011 in fact.

Will have to wait for Shame to show up at my picture House by the looks of it, but I have high hopes for that too!

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 59
RE: Michael Fassbender - 18/1/2012 10:29:50 PM   
Biggus

Watched Shame the other day. Simply incredible stuff. I'd be amazed if I see 3 better films this year and it's only mid-January. Fassbender is a fearless actor and I can't wait for A Dangerous Method.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Michael Fassbender Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI