Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Michael Fassbender

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Michael Fassbender Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Michael Fassbender - 22/4/2009 8:58:29 PM   
simone66

I have searched the forums back 7 pages, there's nothing on Michael Fassbender? Why?

Well, let's start one. This man deserves respect. He's going to win an Oscar one day.

http://fassinatingfassbender.blogspot.com/
Post #: 1
RE: Michael Fassbender - 23/4/2009 3:58:08 PM   
jermreen

He actually used to live in the same town as me. Killarney, which is situated in the south west of Ireland. He has left now though but his parents still live in town. I met him once on Halloween night. We were all dressed up and waiting outside a chipper when my cousin introduced me to him. He was pretty nice but trying to keep a low profile at the same time.   

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 2
RE: Michael Fassbender - 23/4/2009 4:08:17 PM   
Timon

He does seem to disappear into his roles. For example, who remembers him in Band of Brothers as Pat Christenson?

Then he looks completely different in the likes of 300....

Compared to Hunger....

Still, he seems to be in every film I have an interest in over the next few months - Centurion, Inglorious Basterds, Town Creek, Wutherings Heights.

An Oscar is inevitable I reckon.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 3
RE: Michael Fassbender - 23/4/2009 5:36:30 PM   
simone66

quote:

ORIGINAL: jermreen

He actually used to live in the same town as me. Killarney, which is situated in the south west of Ireland. He has left now though but his parents still live in town. I met him once on Halloween night. We were all dressed up and waiting outside a chipper when my cousin introduced me to him. He was pretty nice but trying to keep a low profile at the same time.   

Wow, that's a pretty cool story. Was it just this past Halloween? He must be the most famous guy from Killarney.

I met him at the Hunger premiere at Toronto Int'l Film Festival. A gorgeous man and very sweet too.

Thanks!

< Message edited by simone66 -- 23/4/2009 5:37:51 PM >

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 4
RE: Michael Fassbender - 23/4/2009 10:57:46 PM   
jermreen

quote:

ORIGINAL: simone66

quote:

ORIGINAL: jermreen

Wow, that's a pretty cool story. Was it just this past Halloween? He must be the most famous guy from Killarney.

I met him at the Hunger premiere at Toronto Int'l Film Festival. A gorgeous man and very sweet too.

Thanks!

Lol yeah come to think of it he is the most famous person to have come from my town.  Killarney is a tourist destination and not much exciting happens around here for the locals but meeting Mr Fassbender was cool but such a weird experience cause we were all drunk in the middle of the street with all these costumes on and I had seen him before on Band of Brothers so I it took me awhile to recognise him. I've never met a famous actor before but I guess now I can say I have..  Anyway it was a good while ago,  I think about 4 or 5 years ago before he got famous with 300 and Hunger.

< Message edited by jermreen -- 23/4/2009 10:59:38 PM >

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 5
RE: Michael Fassbender - 24/4/2009 1:16:38 AM   
richCie

he's a superb actor and i'm basing that entirely on Hunger (which was very possibly the best film of last year) as though i've seen BoB and 300 i can't remember in it.
well looking forward to Inglorious Bastards and he is due some major awards (WHERE THE FUCK WERE THEY FOR HUNGER??)

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 6
RE: Michael Fassbender - 24/4/2009 2:16:18 AM   
simone66

Michael was brilliant in Hunger, and I rallied big time for him on the popular Oscar forums to no avail. The movie was mishandled by Focus Features in promoting it, and on top of that, in the year of 'Slumdog'  a film like Hunger was too dark and cerebral for the general public to 'enjoy', hence it not getting true proper recognition in the awards.

< Message edited by simone66 -- 24/4/2009 2:18:07 AM >

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 7
RE: Michael Fassbender - 24/4/2009 11:44:23 AM   
richCie

quote:

Michael was brilliant in Hunger, and I rallied big time for him on the popular Oscar forums to no avail. The movie was mishandled by Focus Features in promoting it, and on top of that, in the year of 'Slumdog'  a film like Hunger was too dark and cerebral for the general public to 'enjoy', hence it not getting true proper recognition in the awards.

tbh it never was going to get any kind of public success, but i don't understand how the Academy managed to forget about it...he was better than every single Best Actor nomination this year. i expect they didnt like the bleakness...

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 8
RE: Michael Fassbender - 24/4/2009 12:24:41 PM   
simone66

Well, the Irish Film & Television Academy Awards recognized him, twice. The Academy Awards/Oscars, ALWAYS snub standout performances, but this year, it just irked me a bit more.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 9
RE: Michael Fassbender - 9/5/2009 10:30:35 AM   
ElephantBoy

Your forgetting about his appearence in Eden Lake which is a very impressive, and grimly realistic, if slightly explicted horror film.  He plays his annoying jock role very well in that and does seem to have a high perdgree.  One to watch out for, Hunger is on my must see list from last year.

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 10
RE: Michael Fassbender - 10/5/2009 1:55:12 AM   
Deviation

From Hunger I can say that he is quite a great actor, BUT WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE DOING IN 300? Shame on you Fassbender.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 11
RE: Michael Fassbender - 10/5/2009 11:34:28 AM   
richCie

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Your forgetting about his appearence in Eden Lake which is a very impressive, and grimly realistic, if slightly explicted horror film.  He plays his annoying jock role very well in that and does seem to have a high perdgree.  One to watch out for, Hunger is on my must see list from last year.

i personally dont think you should be allowed into this thread til you've seen Hunger, seriously go watch it NOW

Post #: 12
RE: Michael Fassbender - 12/5/2009 2:07:35 PM   
simone66

Michael is the last of the basterd advert posters! Awesome!

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 13
RE: Michael Fassbender - 13/5/2009 8:50:30 PM   
simone66

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 14
RE: Michael Fassbender - 13/5/2009 9:02:59 PM   
kenada_woo

I thought he was terrible in Eden Lake.....

But he seems to have some chops.  He's doing the usual Brit actor thing breaking into Hollywood - be in 25 films in 1 year LOL

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 15
RE: Michael Fassbender - 15/5/2009 7:20:00 AM   
skeleton

I  actually think he's amazing. He's got talents in acting. I like his movies especially the "300"

Sometimes i wonder if anything's absolute anymore. Is There Still right and wrong? Good and bad? Truth and lies?

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 16
RE: Michael Fassbender - 15/5/2009 2:47:23 PM   
Oriainarama

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

I thought he was terrible in Eden Lake.....

But he seems to have some chops.  He's doing the usual Brit actor thing breaking into Hollywood - be in 25 films in 1 year LOL

Killarney isn't in Britain!

'You put a finger to my lips and then you kissed me once and once again
The crickets all leapt up and met the moon with a standing ovation'

LAST 5 FILMS
Butterfly Effect 2.5/5
The Proposal 2.5/5
Terminator 2 5/5
Hot Fuzz 4/5
Bruno 3/5

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 17
RE: Michael Fassbender - 17/5/2009 3:38:21 AM   
simone66

LOL! A lot of people want to make him British.   The Inglourious Basterds website is up and running - http://www.inglouriousbasterds-movie.com/

(in reply to Oriainarama)
Post #: 18
RE: Michael Fassbender - 7/6/2009 11:54:05 PM   
ElephantBoy

How was he was he terrible in Eden Lake?
His part was basically, an athltic, slightly posh and annoying middle class type and he played that convincely, he just wasn't given as much to do as Kelly Railly.

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 19
RE: Michael Fassbender - 8/6/2009 5:05:54 PM   
richCie

quote:

ORIGINAL: skeleton

I  actually think he's amazing. He's got talents in acting. I like his movies especially the "300"

the latter part of this sentence seems to invalidate the first...

(in reply to skeleton)
Post #: 20
RE: Michael Fassbender - 12/6/2009 1:26:02 PM   
simone66

Michael did well in 'Eden Lake', I think his character made some serious mistakes that his middle-class upbringing and high testoterone levels drove him to. I personally don't care to watch the film again, it was good, but the brutality is a turn off.

I thought Michael was the best thing about '300'.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 21
RE: Michael Fassbender - 12/6/2009 1:27:11 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Michael did well in 'Eden Lake', I think his character made some serious mistakes that his middle-class upbringing and high testoterone levels drove him to. I personally don't care to watch the film again, it was good, but the brutality is a turn off.

I thought Michael was the best thing about '300'.

Its a shame that it is not saying much considering how crap everything around him in that film is.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 22
RE: Michael Fassbender - 16/6/2009 10:54:32 AM   
ElephantBoy

I mirror what Simone had to say on Eden Lake, as a horror it was a pretty unreltless, and bleak picture of the birlge culture/teenager violence we currently face in England, it certainly was origanl compeared to many horror flicks, but i did have to question at times if i as a viewer was being explicted at the expense of the plot.  I think the film might have gone a bit far.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 23
RE: Michael Fassbender - 16/6/2009 3:51:53 PM   
Rich Empire

I thought he was excellent in "Hunger". A very unique film in deed in my opinion.
One of my favourites of this decade, but quite a hard film to watch.
The visuals are incredible!
If only more films made today dared to be a bit different like "Hunger".

Hope all is well.
Peace.

The Dude abides...

Post #: 24
RE: Michael Fassbender - 19/6/2009 2:39:28 PM   
simone66

Just to demonstrate what an exceptional young rising star that Michael Fassbender is, he will be the subject of the Acting Master Class at the 21st Galway Film Fleadh , I wish I could go, but, you have to be a practicing actor -
http://www.corkfilmcentre.com/newsletter/michael-fassbender-masterclass-in-galway/

Michael Fassbender Masterclass in Galway
19 June, 2009
Michael Fassbender the subject of Acting Master Class at the 21st Galway Film Fleadh
The 21st Galway Film Fleadh and the Galway Film Centre, in association with Fás Screen Training Ireland, are delighted to announce that Michael Fassbender is the subject of the Acting Master Class at this year's Fleadh, which is open to all aspiring and working actors.

This might well be the last chance to see Michael Fassbender in such an intimate setting before he explodes onto the world stage.

Michael had main roles in two of the twenty films in competition in this year's Cannes Film Festival (Inglourious Basterds, Fish Tank). This in itself is quite an achievement. He played Lt. Archie Hicox in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. There is an ironic twist to this, as his first acting assignment, 15 years ago, was in a stage version of Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs.

Within that fifteen year interim, Fassbender established himself as a serious actor, learning his craft through Band Of Brothers, the quality HBO production, Colin Bateman's Murphy's Law and then later by landing the part of Esmé in Francois Ozon's wonderful Angel.

Little prepared the uninitiated for Fassbender's breakout, multi-award winning performance in Steve McQueen's stunning Hunger. Fassbender only appears in the final two acts of the movie yet his portrayal of hunger striker, Bobby Sands is so complete, alive and dynamic that his performance possesses the movie.

He lost 40 pounds for this role, as the latter half of the movie chronicles Sand's physical disintegration. This is in contrast to his role as Stelios in Zack Synder's 300, the previous year, where he played a Spartan warrior.

Those attending the Fleadh's closing film, Andrea Arnold's wonderful Fish Tank, will be privy to another pitch perfect performance by Fassbender. A central tension in Fish Tank is discovering what is the true nature of Fassbender's character, and it is another tribute to his ability as an actor, that he manages to keep this tension simmering - revealing character, and adding depth until the film's conclusion.

The Master Class will take place on Saturday, July 11th and will be facilitated by leading casting agents, Ros Hubbard and Mary Maguire. Hunger will be screened on Friday afternoon, July 10th. For further information or to apply for a place, contact Mary Deely at 091-770748 or masterclasses@galwayfilmfleadh.com Those interested should submit a CV/Biography. The Master Class costs €50. 

< Message edited by simone66 -- 19/6/2009 2:40:45 PM >

(in reply to Rich Empire)
Post #: 25
RE: Michael Fassbender - 26/6/2009 10:02:10 AM   
Alabama

Fassbender is one to watch for sure. 'The scene' in Hunger between him and the priest in an acting masterclass! Also loved him as Thomas Rainsborough in The Devil's Whore on telly earlier this year.

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 26
RE: Michael Fassbender - 18/10/2009 3:28:30 PM   
simone66

Why wasn't Michael Fassbender on the  Empire Top 50 Sexiest Male list? He's also featured in three movies this year: Inglourious Basterds, Fish Tank, and Blood Creek?

(in reply to Alabama)
Post #: 27
RE: Michael Fassbender - 20/10/2009 2:40:21 PM   
Ikeaboy

Fassbender as the next 007! Any takers?

(in reply to simone66)
Post #: 28
RE: Michael Fassbender - 24/10/2009 7:03:39 PM   
somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ikeaboy

Fassbender as the next 007! Any takers?

He'd make a great Bond or Bond villain - i'd like to see him in a Robert Shaw type From Russia With Love type villain. Bond's equal.

He's also great in Inglourious Basterds, just a shame he wasn't in it more.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to Ikeaboy)
Post #: 29
RE: Michael Fassbender - 24/10/2009 9:36:15 PM   
doncopey1

He is surely one of the top actors emerging out there and to be honest i've already seen more from him than Christian Bale. He is terrific in Hunger and Fish Tank and Waltz aside he is the best thing in Inglorious Basterds, he is fantastic during that bar scene.

This decades Daniel Day Lewis...?

"Fake is as old as the Eden tree." Orson Welles

(in reply to somekindof_battery)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Michael Fassbender Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI