Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 6/8/2011 10:10:06 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

Robert Englund is great and the remake was awful.

Absolutely. And FREDDY VS. JASON needs more love. Just a fun film.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 241
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 6/8/2011 4:21:54 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

Robert Englund is great and the remake was awful.

Absolutely. And FREDDY VS. JASON needs more love. Just a fun film.

It does the 2nd half of it is better.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 242
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 9:47:18 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Im doing this from my phone in the forest of dean so itll be brief! I have to spread some affection for the nightmare remake. I think its fantastic and personally way better than the original (which i never liked anyway). I like it as a kind of nightmare on elm street 'best of' and think it has a great look to it, gorgeous lighting and great fx. Jackie earle hayleys freddy is COMPLETELY different to robert englunds which is a good thing too. I know im in the absolute minority but i love it!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 243
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 9:52:34 AM   
NCC1701A

The only thing that I liked about the remake was Katie Cassidy I think she should of played Nancy.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 244
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 11:17:05 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Spot on NCC1701A. Originally when I got hold of the script I actually thought the film makers were gonna try somthing different and have Kris be the lead. That's were it messed up having the whole Nancy character. She was too passive at the start and sort of became the lead through a process of elmination but even then she was weak. Not so much the actress but the character was just bland.

As for being a greatest hits of the original, I thought every nod that harked back to the first one - the ceiling death, Freddy coming out of the wall, the bathtub etc - were the weakest parts of the film. Were as the opening in the diner, the micro-naps and the very end with the mirror kill where the strongest parts. Anyhow I didn't like the film. Did not like the make up on Freddy either. He looked like a cat. Crap.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 7/8/2011 11:23:30 AM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 245
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 11:46:09 AM   
HughesRoss

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Im doing this from my phone in the forest of dean so itll be brief! I have to spread some affection for the nightmare remake. I think its fantastic and personally way better than the original (which i never liked anyway). I like it as a kind of nightmare on elm street 'best of' and think it has a great look to it, gorgeous lighting and great fx. Jackie earle hayleys freddy is COMPLETELY different to robert englunds which is a good thing too. I know im in the absolute minority but i love it!

NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Freddy re-make was crap, but still better than the Jason one (Why....Why....Why.....)

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

Post #: 246
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 11:53:00 AM   
The REAL Bozz

The Jason one was fine. Tut, tut, Hughes.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 247
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 11:57:54 AM   
HughesRoss

The Jason one was Crap. Tut Tut, Bozz

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 248
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 12:02:58 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Hughes it's a solid Jason entry! Woods? Check. Camp. Check? Annoying teenagers getting fucked up? Check. Machette? Check. What's not to like?? Jason's not like Elm Street or Halloween. He was a guy thought up on a whim and the original was a rip of of Halloween - now despite being one of my faves- he's fair game as far I'm concerned. Bring on Jason Goes To Wonderland.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 249
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 7/8/2011 2:53:56 PM   
HughesRoss

I hated it....it was all the best bits of the previous films all combined into one big show and where was Camp Crystal Lake?.....where were the campers.......I do not want to see Jason attacking kids in a house, I do not want to see the Camp in ruins and abandoned........

The atmosphere and style was too close to the Texas re-make, they just replaced Leatherface with Jason, but the main problem I had and the biggest is where was the Fun??

Jason was a Myers Rip, always was, always will be, but he was a whole lot of FUN to watch......Look at Jason Lives, Look at Jason X.......awesome slashers......the Friday re-make is just too boring and dull.

The problem with Freddy, Jason and Michael is that they are just not scary anymore, they have been in the public mind for so many years that's its impossible to take them seriously anymore so the angle of going into these remakes with all dark and serious intent is totally wrong.  What most fans want is the fun angle back, something we can watch and really enjoy it.....

I watched Slaughter High last night, a real 80's classic, stupid, daft but wonderfully enjoyable, something these remakes need to learn from.

Post #: 250
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 8/8/2011 10:15:13 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Spot on NCC1701A. Originally when I got hold of the script I actually thought the film makers were gonna try somthing different and have Kris be the lead. That's were it messed up having the whole Nancy character. She was too passive at the start and sort of became the lead through a process of elmination but even then she was weak. Not so much the actress but the character was just bland.

As for being a greatest hits of the original, I thought every nod that harked back to the first one - the ceiling death, Freddy coming out of the wall, the bathtub etc - were the weakest parts of the film. Were as the opening in the diner, the micro-naps and the very end with the mirror kill where the strongest parts. Anyhow I didn't like the film. Did not like the make up on Freddy either. He looked like a cat. Crap.

The make up reminded me of a cross between ET and a fish.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 251
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 8/8/2011 11:46:51 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

well i loved it! But probs best to leave it there, i dont want to hijack the thread too much

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 252
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 8/8/2011 1:33:26 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

well i loved it! But probs best to leave it there, i dont want to hijack the thread too much

DK

If you like it then its fine its called A Nightmare on Elm Street thread so don't worry.

sadly it was not for me but I did not mind the Friday the 13th remake.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 8/8/2011 1:36:00 PM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 253
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 8/8/2011 4:41:59 PM   
The REAL Bozz

They need to do another Elm Street movie. Just ignore the remake. New characters. New Freddy. It'll be fine. If the story is good and the characters are good I doubt anyone watching will be going "Hey, where the hell is Nancy and Quintin?'

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 254
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 9/8/2011 3:56:22 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

They need to do another Elm Street movie. Just ignore the remake. New characters. New Freddy. It'll be fine. If the story is good and the characters are good I doubt anyone watching will be going "Hey, where the hell is Nancy and Quintin?'

Maybe not even a new Freddy, you'll never beat Robert Englund so why bother. Its the central concept of Nightmare that still has loads of potential, being killed in your dreams so you can't sleep. Maybe take that premise and introduce a new evil element to the story.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 255
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 16/8/2011 10:01:28 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

Hughes it's a solid Jason entry! Woods? Check. Camp. Check? Annoying teenagers getting fucked up? Check. Machette? Check. What's not to like?? Jason's not like Elm Street or Halloween. He was a guy thought up on a whim and the original was a rip of of Halloween - now despite being one of my faves- he's fair game as far I'm concerned. Bring on Jason Goes To Wonderland.

I enjoyed FRIDAY THE 13th remake. The opening scene was clever. No love for NIGHTMARE re-mess though. Englund is the ONLY Krueger. I still pray that someday, we'll see a blu-ray collection which houses that HUGE back catalogue of behind-the-scenes & promo material on the original NIGHTMARE series. Any fans who haven't seen the NEVER SLEEP AGAIN documentary dvd: BUY IT NOW!!

Post #: 256
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 1/9/2011 9:33:52 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Still buried deep in the collection somewhere...

I picked this up in a mall in Florida back in 2000 (along with a 'Jason Voorhees' version). My younger bro spotted it and pointed it out to me. Kind of dumb but still a fun little collectable.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 1/9/2011 9:35:19 AM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 257
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 1/9/2011 10:54:22 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

Still buried deep in the collection somewhere...

I picked this up in a mall in Florida back in 2000 (along with a 'Jason Voorhees' version). My younger bro spotted it and pointed it out to me. Kind of dumb but still a fun little collectable.

Awesome never seen them at all.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 258
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 11/11/2011 9:46:54 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Iggy Pop's contribution to the FREDDY'S DEAD soundtrack - "Why Was I Born?" is a frakkin' AWESOME track!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 259
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 2:06:26 AM   
garvielloken

quote:

Iggy Pop's contribution to the FREDDY'S DEAD soundtrack - "Why Was I Born?" is a frakkin' AWESOME track!

Yeah, fuck Lust for Life and The Passenger, this is Iggy Pops best work ever right here!!!

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 260
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 2:59:21 PM   
Sutty

Have watched Never Sleep Again a couple of times now and I would say it is without doubt just about the best movie documentry I have ever seen. Love how each movie gets about equal time and consideration.And no stone is left unturned. I thought the segment about Part 5 was particularly good. In fact its all good! There is obviously a genuine love and appreciation for Freddy an the house (studio) that he effectively built. Imagine no Freddy, no Lord of the Rings! And hearing about the inner workings of New Line and their promotion and encouragement from within, taking a runner and giving her a career as a movie/tv director. Bob Shaye may be a hard ass, but he knows his job. As long as the doc was (over 4 hours!!!) I wanted it to be even longer!!!

For anyone with even a passing interest in the Nightmare movies this is essential, absolutely must see.

Love it. LOVE IT!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 261
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 3:03:13 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Have watched Never Sleep Again a couple of times now and I would say it is without doubt just about the best movie documentry I have ever seen. Love how each movie gets about equal time and consideration.And no stone is left unturned. I thought the segment about Part 5 was particularly good. In fact its all good! There is obviously a genuine love and appreciation for Freddy an the house (studio) that he effectively built. Imagine no Freddy, no Lord of the Rings! And hearing about the inner workings of New Line and their promotion and encouragement from within, taking a runner and giving her a career as a movie/tv director. Bob Shaye may be a hard ass, but he knows his job. As long as the doc was (over 4 hours!!!) I wanted it to be even longer!!!

For anyone with even a passing interest in the Nightmare movies this is essential, absolutely must see.

Love it. LOVE IT!

ABSOLUTELY. I hope that there are more like this in the pipeline i.e. in-depth docs about 80's Horrors.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 262
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 4:19:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

Return of the Living Dead recently got a big documentary devoted to it, and I believe the Hellraiser series is being worked on.

Wish Never Sleep Again would get a region 2 release, or had been part of the Blu Ray set.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 263
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 4:30:22 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Love it. LOVE IT!

If I remember it was also very, very funny, especially the stuff about Part 2 and no-one realising just how "gay" (literally) it really was.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 264
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 6:36:30 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Return of the Living Dead recently got a big documentary devoted to it, and I believe the Hellraiser series is being worked on.

Wish Never Sleep Again would get a region 2 release, or had been part of the Blu Ray set.

That's right Rgirv, I forgot about the ROTLD doc. Didn't even know about the HELLRAISER one - fingers crossed!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 265
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 7:25:35 PM   
Spaldron

I've not seen Never Sleep Again. There's a version on youtube but I'm not sure if its the full version, its about 50mins long. Is there anywhere else you can get it?

EDIT: Scratch that I found it on torrents.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 12/11/2011 7:29:07 PM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 266
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 7:29:01 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

I've not seen Never Sleep Again. There's a version on youtube but I'm not sure if its the full version, its about 50mins long. Is there anywhere else you can get it?

Just the R1 dvd as far as I know.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 267
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 12/11/2011 9:37:01 PM   
Sutty

The fifty min version on youtube has bits from Never Sleep Again, but it is a different doc altogether. Speaking of ol' Pinhead and Hellraiser Iiked the anecdote about a version of the ending of Freddy vs Jason...

Just as Freddy and Jason are on their last legs after duking it out in the bowls of hell for the last third of the movie, Freddy with his clawed hand raised back ready to strike and Jason striding forward with his machete held low, Pinhead appears from the flames above them and says "What appears to be the problem, gentleman?"

I mean, how cool would that have been?!?!?!?

And if anyone has any further info on the Return of the Living Dead doc, lemme know!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 268
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 13/11/2011 10:01:23 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

The fifty min version on youtube has bits from Never Sleep Again, but it is a different doc altogether. Speaking of ol' Pinhead and Hellraiser Iiked the anecdote about a version of the ending of Freddy vs Jason...

Just as Freddy and Jason are on their last legs after duking it out in the bowls of hell for the last third of the movie, Freddy with his clawed hand raised back ready to strike and Jason striding forward with his machete held low, Pinhead appears from the flames above them and says "What appears to be the problem, gentleman?"

And if anyone has any further info on the Return of the Living Dead doc, lemme know!!

That would of been awesome.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 269
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 13/11/2011 10:08:22 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

If Pinhead had made that cameo and uttered those words, it would have been the single greatest cameo in cinema history. End of!  Yeah man, NEVER SLEEP AGAIN is frakkin' ESSENTIAL for Freddy fans. The only thing I found weird was that there was absolutely no mention of Laurence Fishburne's appearance in THE DREAM WARRIORS. I read somewhere that Mr. Depp himself was approached and wanted to contribute to the doc but was unable to meet the schedule.  Sutt, I've seen the trailer for the ROTLD doc, I'll try and find a link.

*edited* it's all here Sutty!

http://www.getmorebrains.com/

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 13/11/2011 10:12:54 AM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI