Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 26/4/2009 9:51:00 PM   
The REAL Bozz

New Nightmare is an amazing film.

I don't have a lot of love for Alice. The writers made a character on the whim and she took over the franchise. In fact I wish they had of used the original script for Freddy's Dead. In the first draft Freddy catches up with Alice and a sixteen year old Jacob and kills her. Jacob goes on the run and ends up in a halfway house. Taryn, Joey and Kincaid all get brought back too and help the kids take down Freddy. Check it out online. Worth a read and I think you can get it at www.nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com

I will add I think Wilcox is very talanted and did a good job. I'm just not a fan of the character. It should have been Kristen....

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 26/4/2009 10:02:24 PM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 61
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 1/5/2009 10:47:49 AM   
losthighway

And here is who they've cast as Kristen in the remake...

Katie Cassidy... Apparently she's a good actress, was in the Black Christmas remake (not seen it) and Taken but I must have missed her!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 62
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 1/5/2009 10:49:57 AM   
DazDaMan

Don't recall her in Taken, but it's been a while since I saw it...!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 63
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 1/5/2009 10:52:49 AM   
losthighway

I'm guessing she played the daughter's friend... the one who was kidnapped, drugged up and left for dead in the brothel.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 64
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 3/5/2009 11:40:00 PM   
The REAL Bozz

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Katie Cassidy... Apparently she's a good actress, was in the Black Christmas remake (not seen it) and Taken but I must have missed her!

She is a decent actress. She was in Supernatural and she was the final girl in the Black Christmas remake. What bugs me about the remake is the fact they named the character Kris. Most people will assume it's Kristen Parker. It's not. Due to that I guess that mean's fans can rule out the reintroduction of the K.Parker character into the new films. That's a pitty. Her dream ability was ace. You know what I mean Losthighway? IMO they should have called her another name. Since I sent you the info on the script you can see what I am getting at?

She looks gorgous in the picture you posted. Please Freddy, don't hurt her!

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 3/5/2009 11:42:06 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 65
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 3/5/2009 11:44:37 PM   
HughesRoss

Good evening my old mate....

Was she the old Ruby in Supernatural?

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

Post #: 66
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 3/5/2009 11:53:10 PM   
The REAL Bozz

The one and only!......that is a really good picture of her I must say so again.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 67
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 4/5/2009 12:00:05 AM   
HughesRoss

Never realised it was her in Black Christmas...

Oh well, lets hope she fights a good fight, until Freddy finger(blades) her...if you know what I mean..

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

Post #: 68
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 4/5/2009 12:02:30 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Ya never know.....

(Well I do. I read the script. Losthighway knows too, but we all swore we'd never reveal any spoilers and we won't! LOl.)

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 69
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 8/6/2009 8:41:05 PM   
juanvasquez

Did someone mention the TV show earlier in the thread? It's on Zone Horror right now. It's crap but I can't stop watching!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 70
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 8/6/2009 10:53:36 PM   
tommyjarvis

quote:

Kristen didn't turn up until Part 3, did she?

Anyway, I just bought the box set for less than seven quid, which is a nice bargain, so I've been working my way through them gradually. The original is classic, superb all the way through although the ending is a wee bit iffy. Otherwise it still holds up remarkably well.

Of the sequels, thus far: Freddy's Revenge has occasional moments but is pretty stupid and can easily be ignored in terms of series continuity. Dream Warriors is pretty good although by this point it's starting to go a little OTT on the dream imagery. The Dream Master is actually quite a lot of fun, although I get the feeling that by that point they were more or less making it up as they went along. I do like the character of Alice though. The Dream Child starts off alright but gets pretty dreadful towards the end. The comic book sequence is a real WTF moment.

Haven't watched Freddy's Dead or New Nightmare yet, although I did see them both many moons ago. I remember Freddy's Dead as being almost unwatchably bad and that was when I was 14, so I'm dreading that one. New Nightmare I remember as being really good, so I'll be intruiged to rewatch that one.

Might give Freddy vs Jason a watch after that, for completist's sake.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

Post #: 71
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 23/7/2009 10:39:50 PM   
losthighway

Time for a resurrection of this thread...??

New pics from the remake now online:

I've been criticised on one of the other threads but now we have an inkling of what Freddy looks like, I really do wish they had brought something new to the table regarding his look...

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 72
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 23/7/2009 11:25:44 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

I've been criticised on one of the other threads but now we have an inkling of what Freddy looks like, I really do wish they had brought something new to the table regarding his look...

Not me I hope! I just don't think they could change him, and not sure why you expected it? To change Freddie's look would alienate and piss off the very people they want to go see this film; the established fanbase. Sure, they'll be wanting to pick up new fans and I'm hoping Haley will deliver, but changing such an iconic figure would be folly. Like putting Darth Vader in a blue costume, or making Indy wear a baseball cap instead!

I like the new pics,nothing new, but suitably eerie and acting as a teaser for the inevitable 'face' reveal in a future trailer.

I bought the Elm St Collection for a tenner last week so will be working my way through 'em.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 73
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 23/7/2009 11:41:00 PM   
HughesRoss

Those pics are quite strange...

I mean I understand they could not change the look....but maybe something....oh I dont know!!!!

At the moment it looks like I am looking at good old Robert....

Anyway after the dire Friday 13th re-make, my heart is not really excited by this adaption....I hope I am wrong!

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 74
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 1:09:10 AM   
Rgirvan44

Its funny this thread was brought back as I just watched them all for the first time. Have to say only number one is anywhere near great. The third one is fun and campy, and I enjoyed the fourth one. The rest are pretty meh - although I thought Freddy in the second film was the best realised version of that character. A remake couldn't be too hard to improve some of this.

a) make Freddy a real threat - in most of the films he was simply a Warner Brothers cartoon, always waiting for the punchline. Make him a real threat.

b) get some damn rules established for this world and how it all works.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 75
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 8:53:31 AM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

a) make Freddy a real threat - in most of the films he was simply a Warner Brothers cartoon, always waiting for the punchline. Make him a real threat.

Jeez, that would be a bit too scary  Like when I watched the 1st at the age of about 8. Screwed my mind. But yeah, totally agree. This guy could be the epitomy of evil, and as they're apparently going down the road of actually showing him as a child molester, maybe we'll get it.

We shouldn't be rooting for him, he's the bad guy after all.

Always loved this punchline though:

Freddy confronting girl in alley,

Girl: (sobbing) No, please, please God.

Freddy: (brandishing claws) THIS....is God.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 76
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 9:53:30 AM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

Those pics are quite strange...

I mean I understand they could not change the look....but maybe something....oh I dont know!!!!

At the moment it looks like I am looking at good old Robert....

Anyway after the dire Friday 13th re-make, my heart is not really excited by this adaption....I hope I am wrong!

Hughesy has nailed it... That is what I am thinking (but seem incapable of actually writing! ). Also, as for changing Freddy's look - just watch New Nightmare, Craven changed his appearance, glove/hand, stuck him in black leather pants, a long duster coat - he looked fantastic! I'm not saying change his look completely but if Craven can do the job better way back in 1994 then I really do think this remake could have chosen a slightly new look.

I also agree about Freddy being his best incarnation in Elm Street 2. I'm a big fan of the sequel.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 77
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 10:37:19 AM   
HughesRoss

At the first glimpse of Freddy in New Nightmare, I thought someone else was playing him......

Honestly, Wes needs to take so much credit for that look, it was Freddy but it weren't.... That is why if it wasn't for a quick and weak ending, New Nightmare would rise above the original for me....

As for Freddys Revenge, sorry LostHighway got to disagree with you.  One of the worst sequels ever, they moved the basic prinicipe of the dream world and turned it into a possession flick, and well it sucked.  The film had so much gay undertones as well, Jessie prancing around in the bedroom, the teacher getting whipped in the showers...hang on....That is why you love this film in it....  If only Josh was in it and well it would be your perfect flick, 

Losthighway watching this flick  and that is not a Lightsaber  

Post #: 78
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 4:33:36 PM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

At the first glimpse of Freddy in New Nightmare, I thought someone else was playing him......

Honestly, Wes needs to take so much credit for that look, it was Freddy but it weren't.... That is why if it wasn't for a quick and weak ending, New Nightmare would rise above the original for me....

As for Freddys Revenge, sorry LostHighway got to disagree with you.  One of the worst sequels ever, they moved the basic prinicipe of the dream world and turned it into a possession flick, and well it sucked.  The film had so much gay undertones as well, Jessie prancing around in the bedroom, the teacher getting whipped in the showers...hang on....That is why you love this film in it....  If only Josh was in it and well it would be your perfect flick, 

Losthighway watching this flick  and that is not a Lightsaber  

Alas, I am as transparent as a used dental dam... the gay subtext is indeed why I love Freddy's Revenge so much. However, if that is me then I think I need a trip to the GUM clinic!!

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 79
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 4:42:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

I'm not sure you can even call it subtext.

As for the secnd film breaking the rules...well having just watched them I can't see any set in stone rules about how Freddy is suppose to behave. The possession thing has never bothered my. Why a bird suddenly explodes is an altogether different question.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 80
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 5:34:03 PM   
losthighway

quote:

As for the secnd film breaking the rules...well having just watched them I can't see any set in stone rules about how Freddy is suppose to behave. The possession thing has never bothered my. Why a bird suddenly explodes is an altogether different question.

The bird self-combusts due to the heat in the house as Freddy tries to break through into reality... I also agree wit you about these supposed rules being somewhat flimsy, e.g. Nancy brings Freddy into reality to kill him at the end of the original; so i've never quite understood all the criticism at Part 2, when all they do is basically take the idea to the next level!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 81
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 5:35:38 PM   
HughesRoss

I forgot about that bird....

That and the Owl in the Blair Witch sequel are the worst examples of using animals as scare set pieces for the audience.

I know that in Freddy's world, there are no rules.  But the dream aspect seemed to have been forgotten in the sequel.  Freddy desperate to get in the real world and using Jessie to do it, it did not work for me.  We all need to sleep, and by doing what the body craves and it can kill you is one heck of a scary notion, one that the third film, quite rightly turned back to.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 82
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 5:39:18 PM   
HughesRoss

quote:

quote:

The bird self-combusts due to the heat in the house as Freddy tries to break through into reality... I also agree wit you about these supposed rules being somewhat flimsy, e.g. Nancy brings Freddy into reality to kill him at the end of the original; so i've never quite understood all the criticism at Part 2, when all they do is basically take the idea to the next level!

I have though that.  If Freddy was so desperate to get into the real world, then why didn't he just latch on to Jessie and hold him tight until Jessie wakes up, hence he is back to life....no need for this possession lark...

Post #: 83
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 5:45:12 PM   
losthighway

quote:

I have though that.  If Freddy was so desperate to get into the real world, then why didn't he just latch on to Jessie and hold him tight until Jessie wakes up, hence he is back to life....no need for this possession lark...

Because, then there would have been no need for the immortal lines:

Grady's bedroom
Jesse: I'm scared, Grady. Something is trying to get inside my body.
Grady: She's female and waiting for you in the cabana. And you wanna sleep with me!

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 84
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 5:54:08 PM   
HughesRoss

With lines like that no wonder I have no time for that movie

Did'nt Freddy say something like "I want you in me Jessie"...

Sod it, I've decided that I'm going to watch this flick again.  I am looking at the box-set now, one positive note, the art work of Freddys Revenge was pretty cool, and I remember as a kid being in awe at Freddy standing in the middle, with the school bus underneath him....ah!!! childhood memories.  You know they don't make them like they used too.

Also even though I prefer Halloween, I am dreading this re-make more than I did Rob Zombies take on Michael.  The reason being anyone can play the likes of Myers and Jason, but as he does not  have a mask.....I will be going into this flick just thinking of Robert....

Post #: 85
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 24/7/2009 5:58:30 PM   
losthighway

You've got the body and i've got the brains...

Personally Freddy, I'd have gone for Grady - lot better body and a lot nicer looking!

As for the remake, i'm excited and cynical at the same time. I just can't get over how much that teaser poster looked like Robert.  Even the supposed 'better looking' burn tissue didn't look that much different. I'm half expecting the big reveal to be a CGI job and he'll be missing his nose and an eye or something like that!?

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 86
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 29/7/2009 11:38:50 AM   
Kazuya

quote:

Great poster. Simple, effective, cool.

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 87
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 29/7/2009 12:05:28 PM   
darko18

Does anyone else just adore Dream Warriors? Everything came together for me in that film. The rhyme, the gruesome deaths - especially the tendon puppet one. It still makes me cringe. I remember finding my brother's VHS copy of it when I was about 4 or 5.

I saw that and was terrified out of my tiny little mind. But I couldn't take my eyes off it.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 88
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 29/7/2009 12:08:59 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: darko18

Does anyone else just adore Dream Warriors? Everything came together for me in that film. The rhyme, the gruesome deaths - especially the tendon puppet one. It still makes me cringe. I remember finding my brother's VHS copy of it when I was about 4 or 5.

I saw that and was terrified out of my tiny little mind. But I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Yeah man, I love it, I think I've already said it earlier in this thread but it's actually my favorite of the whole bunch so far, even better than the original. Solid direction, good performances, good story.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to darko18)
Post #: 89
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 29/7/2009 1:29:54 PM   
Mr Grady

quote:

ORIGINAL: darko18

Blimey, that cover brings back memories.  I remember it being passed around primary school with only a few people willing to take it home.  A very chilling part of the Nightmare saga with some memorable deaths. 

I can remember fondly the eerie beginning to the film with the words ''sleep those little slices of death, how i loath them''.

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to darko18)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI