Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 13/11/2011 1:32:50 PM   
Sutty

Good man Snake!

Yeah I didn't understand The Fish's lack of any contribution. Especially when he has been in docs in the past in relation to The Matrix and Apocalypse Now. Strange...

I thought the American Werewolf... doc was good but Never Sleep Again knocks spots off it. Given that An American Werewolf... is one of my fave films it goes to show that a movie - or series of movies - don't have to be classics in the traditional sense to have awesome, in depth docs made about them.

Imagine a Doc of this magnitude on the Rocky movies? The Superman sequels? The Die Hard series? I know that Rocky has a fantastic talking heads documentary that about 90 minutes long, and involves almost everybody, but I want the same kind of detail and indepth chat from those who were there on the following five movies. Imagine getting Mr. T, Bridget Neilson, Sage Stallone, and Antonio Tarver dishing the dirt on relationships/ego on set, what it was like working alongside relatives in front of camera, or how you brought your own boxing experiences to the movie? But that's just me! And imagine the same with the Die Hard movies?? McTieran, Harlin, Rickman, Jackson, Bedelia, Smith, De Bont. Fuck it, someone find Karl too!!

There are so many excellent movie docs out there on what are very popular movies. Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Halloween, and Dawn of the Dead have all been given the just and proper treatment, and sometimes, certainly for me, the enjoyment of watching some of these docs can outstrip the movies themselves. And I generally find that docs made by the fans of the movies are the best. Those that are over polished and thouroughly edited of real gossip are best left to view on E! Channell!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 271
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 13/11/2011 4:12:30 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Aw, f**k yeah Sutty! Similar docs for the ROCKY and DIE HARD films would be abso-frakkin'-lutley spectacular!!!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 272
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 13/11/2011 7:14:37 PM   
Spaldron

Watched Never Sleep Again last night. Boy its long but brilliant too, really in depth and comprehensive. After watching it I had to youtube Dokken's Dream Warriors! Proper 80's hair metal.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 273
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 15/11/2011 8:57:25 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Aw, f**k yeah Sutty! Similar docs for the ROCKY and DIE HARD films would be abso-frakkin'-lutley spectacular!!!

Well I will add a Star Trek 1-10 doc that for me would be awesome, Love to see a gremilns 1 & 2 doc as well.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 274
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 15/11/2011 1:54:12 PM   
Sutty

I know there is a short doc of gremlins 2 on the double discer as well as a directors comm. from memory they are both quite good. doesn't the talking gremlin in part 2 get interviewed too?!?!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 275
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 15/11/2011 6:20:57 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I know there is a short doc of gremlins 2 on the double discer as well as a directors comm. from memory they are both quite good. doesn't the talking gremlin in part 2 get interviewed too?!?!

Thanks Sutty I will try and Find it I have the box set with both Gremlins 1 & 2 in it so I will take a Look. Once again thanks.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 15/11/2011 6:21:30 PM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 276
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 19/11/2011 4:22:08 PM   
rubadub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Good man Snake!

Yeah I didn't understand The Fish's lack of any contribution. Especially when he has been in docs in the past in relation to The Matrix and Apocalypse Now. Strange...

I thought the American Werewolf... doc was good but Never Sleep Again knocks spots off it. Given that An American Werewolf... is one of my fave films it goes to show that a movie - or series of movies - don't have to be classics in the traditional sense to have awesome, in depth docs made about them.

Imagine a Doc of this magnitude on the Rocky movies? The Superman sequels? The Die Hard series? I know that Rocky has a fantastic talking heads documentary that about 90 minutes long, and involves almost everybody, but I want the same kind of detail and indepth chat from those who were there on the following five movies. Imagine getting Mr. T, Bridget Neilson, Sage Stallone, and Antonio Tarver dishing the dirt on relationships/ego on set, what it was like working alongside relatives in front of camera, or how you brought your own boxing experiences to the movie? But that's just me! And imagine the same with the Die Hard movies?? McTieran, Harlin, Rickman, Jackson, Bedelia, Smith, De Bont. Fuck it, someone find Karl too!! 

There are so many excellent movie docs out there on what are very popular movies. Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Halloween, and Dawn of the Dead have all been given the just and proper treatment, and sometimes, certainly for me, the enjoyment of watching some of these docs can outstrip the movies themselves. And I generally find that docs made by the fans of the movies are the best. Those that are over polished and thouroughly edited of real gossip are best left to view on E! Channell!

Sorry to break it to you,but Alexander Godunov (who played Karl),died some years ago.
R.I.P you psycho henchman.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 277
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 19/11/2011 7:17:45 PM   
Sutty

Damn! That's a shame. He couldn't have been all that old either. I think he was one of the few "henchmen" in these kind of movies that really shone through. He felt like a genuine threat to McClane and was a great presence on the screen.

RIP.

(in reply to rubadub)
Post #: 278
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 2/1/2012 12:38:51 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

If New Line or whoever came to you about doing a NOES reboot how would you do it? I got the blu ray set for Xmas and after rewatching all 7 i keep thinking about how much GREAT potential there is for a NOES reboot. Now before you all say "that already happened and it sucked!", i really like the 2010 remake, really like it! However i think they went the wrong way and just gave us more of the same. The concept of teens sharing similar nightmares and not wanting to go to sleep as they know they could get killed in their dreams is so ripe and fantastic. Hell i'd be up for a NOES reboot that doesn't even feature the Freddy character!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 279
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 3/1/2012 2:00:34 PM   
darthbane

I really liked the remake too DK. Jackie Earl Haley was excellent and the whole re-interpretation of Freddy was brilliant. I also like Freddy V's Jason

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 280
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 3/1/2012 2:08:35 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

If New Line or whoever came to you about doing a NOES reboot how would you do it?

I would tell them to go away and come up with something original.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 281
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 3/1/2012 6:33:32 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

If New Line or whoever came to you about doing a NOES reboot how would you do it?

I would tell them to go away and come up with something original.

i forgot to add: and offered you a big pile of cash

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 282
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 3/1/2012 6:34:04 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: darthbane

I really liked the remake too DK. Jackie Earl Haley was excellent and the whole re-interpretation of Freddy was brilliant. I also like Freddy V's Jason

Yeah i really like the Freddy look in this and that he played him completely different from Robert Englund

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 283
RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 3/1/2012 8:20:32 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

i forgot to add: and offered you a big pile of cash

See my previous response.

New Line rebooted the franchise a couple of years ago and it was a bust on pretty much every level. The franchise has had a good run, but now it is time to move on and find something else.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 284
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 4/1/2012 2:07:46 PM   
Sutty

Had a look at the blu ray boxset the other day and there are a whole host of extras. was considering getting it but waiting for the cost to come down. anyone got it and is it worth getting?

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 285
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 1/5/2012 12:57:41 AM   
Spaldron

Re-watched Never Sleep Again over yesterday and today and its given me an itch to go and watch the whole set of films again from start to finish, although I know I'll probably give up after 3 or 4.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 286
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 1/5/2012 12:58:56 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

You're maaaad! But for a very worthy cause.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 287
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 11/5/2012 6:08:16 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Re-watched Never Sleep Again over yesterday and today and its given me an itch to go and watch the whole set of films again from start to finish, although I know I'll probably give up after 3 or 4.

There is certainly a dip in form after part 4 in my opinion. But there are enough decent ideas and "moments" after in the later movies to keep watching it through. Get it done!!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 288
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 12/5/2012 8:26:07 AM   
NCC1701A

This for me is the best of the series however I do love Nightmare 1 and 3 as well. Nighmare 2 was crap. Nightmare 4 and 5 were ok. Freddy's Dead is  good in places. Freddy vs Jason is great and the remake sucked big time.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 289
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 13/5/2012 7:18:41 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

This for me is the best of the series however I do love Nightmare 1 and 3 as well. Nighmare 2 was crap. Nightmare 4 and 5 were ok. Freddy's Dead is good in places. Freddy vs Jason is great and the remake sucked big time.

Didn't like this when I first saw it years ago, thought it was boring, but I was younger then, and didn't get it, but watched it more recently, and think it's one of Craven's best films.

Glad to see that Never Sleep Again is getting a UK release on 9th July, been waiting for it for ages.

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 13/5/2012 7:32:38 PM >

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 290
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 13/5/2012 7:23:09 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

quote:

This for me is the best of the series however I do love Nightmare 1 and 3 as well. Nighmare 2 was crap. Nightmare 4 and 5 were ok. Freddy's Dead is good in places. Freddy vs Jason is great and the remake sucked big time.

Didn't like this when I first saw it years ago, thought it was boring, but I was younger then, and didn't get it, but watched it more recently, and think it's one of Craven's best films.

I really like New Nightmare (I rate it third in the Nightmare series) but I think it could've done with a few more inventive kills (we only get two deaths) and a pacier mid section. And I'm not sure about the way they changed Freddy's face and claws.

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 291
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 13/5/2012 7:25:24 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

quote:

I really like New Nightmare (I rate it third in the Nightmare series) but I think it could've done with a few more inventive kills (we only get two deaths) and a pacier mid section. And I'm not sure about the way they changed Freddy's face and claws.

Did we see New Nightmare? I can't remember if I watched everyone of the films or not now as it was a while ago....

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 292
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 14/5/2012 8:53:00 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

Did we see New Nightmare? I can't remember if I watched everyone of the films or not now as it was a while ago....

Don't think we watched it no.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 293
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 14/5/2012 8:57:01 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

Well, can we? God dang!

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 294
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 14/5/2012 8:59:23 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

Well, can we? God dang!

Ok.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 15/5/2012 12:29:16 AM >

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 295
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 10/8/2012 6:40:15 AM   
Sutty

Think I'm gonna get the box set today. Sod it!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 296
RE: The Nightmare on Elm Street Appreciation Thread - 22/1/2013 10:49:10 PM   
Sutty

Bought the 8 disc dvd box set today. I know in my last post I was getting it in august, however...

I got the one with the mainly white front cover with freddy peaking through the gap he's tirn in the cover with his clawed hand... The extra sound aplenty, but does anyone know if they're any good? Probably wont get to break this bad boy open till next week, or week after...

Only cost me 11 from HMV. Down from 15. Not bad.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 297
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI