Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

THE PUNISHER

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> THE PUNISHER Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE PUNISHER - 18/4/2009 6:46:17 PM   
Tech_Noir

Awesome.
Post #: 1
RE: THE PUNISHER - 18/4/2009 6:57:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

Punisher: Warzone kicks its arse all over the place.

Still, goofy and fun flick.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2
RE: THE PUNISHER - 18/4/2009 7:31:20 PM   
Snake-Eyes

"Come on God, answer me. For Years I'm asking you why? Why are the Innocent dead and the Guilty alive? Where is Justice? Where is Punishment? Or have you already answered? have you already said to the World 'Here is Justice. Here is Punishment' Here.... In Me..."

Great Film! Dolph IS The Punisher! I prefer it to the lame Thomas Jane version (haven't seen the WAR ZONE)   A special edition DVD wouldn't go amiss (I know there is some sort of 'workprint' available in Europe but apparently the transfer is of poor quality) The Soundtrack was finally released recently as a Limited Edition which has a great audio interview with composer Dennis Dreith and director Mark Goldblatt (Snake-Eyes, of course, snared a copy). I also have the Marvel Comics Adaptation.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 3
RE: THE PUNISHER - 18/4/2009 7:34:36 PM   
HughesRoss

Am I thee only one who liked good old Thomas Jane?????????????

To be fair I was suprised by WarZone...really old type action blaster....not as bad as some reviews made out

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 4
RE: THE PUNISHER - 18/4/2009 8:05:53 PM   
davie_rfc

I'm with you. Out of the three I prefer the Thomas Jane version which is really strange for me seeing as I'm a big Punisher fan and most of the others hated it with a passion

"This whole festival was put together by twenty third-graders with lots of chutzpah and one panda!"

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 5
RE: THE PUNISHER - 19/4/2009 10:49:15 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Tanaka: "Who sent you?"

Castle: "Batman"

Tanaka: "Do you get the feeling I don't belive you?"

Castle: "D'you think I give a shit?"

(in reply to davie_rfc)
Post #: 6
RE: THE PUNISHER - 19/4/2009 12:39:46 PM   
Tech_Noir

Didn't know Mark Goldblatt directed this. The editor of a number of greats, The Terminator, Commando, T2, Starship Troopers, Armageddon.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 7
RE: THE PUNISHER - 19/4/2009 12:42:21 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Awesome.
Crap film.Thomas Jane version is slightly better but not much.Havnt seen Warzone yet.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 8
RE: THE PUNISHER - 19/4/2009 12:46:06 PM   
kenada_woo

Always liked this flick ever since I saw it on video yeeeeears ago.

There's an absolute bad-arse stunt when Castle jumps through the windscreen of a moving bus that I always remember fondly.

Warzone is utter genius though.

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 9
RE: THE PUNISHER - 19/4/2009 1:21:18 PM   
Timon

Thought I haven't seen the Lungren version, I find it hard to believe it's better than the bat shit craziness that is War Zone.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 10
RE: THE PUNISHER - 19/4/2009 1:26:44 PM   
Tech_Noir

The Punisher + 80s violence and grit + Dolph = brilliance

All that's missing is Walter Hill directing.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 19/4/2009 1:28:01 PM >

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 11
RE: THE PUNISHER - 19/4/2009 3:15:15 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I love that still of Lundgren - nice one Tech!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 12
RE: Punisher - 30/6/2009 4:48:11 PM   
Timon

Why doesn't the DVD have a cover like this as opposed to the awful one with Castle against neon lights?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 13
RE: Punisher - 30/6/2009 8:49:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

Cause that is what Criterion will use when putting out their own edition of the movie in five years time.

Still shocked by the lack of love for it in the magazine. If you like Commando there is no reason not to be a fan of Warzone.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: THE PUNISHER - 1/7/2009 11:19:49 AM   
grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

"Come on God, answer me. For Years I'm asking you why? Why are the Innocent dead and the Guilty alive? Where is Justice? Where is Punishment? Or have you already answered? have you already said to the World 'Here is Justice. Here is Punishment' Here.... In Me..." 

This is from Lundgren's Punisher? Cool. I only know it as the intro to Punishment by Biohazard!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 15
RE: THE PUNISHER - 1/7/2009 7:30:00 PM   
Snake-Eyes

absolutely - he says it just after he f**ks up Dino Moretti and his boys and is sitting in his underground lair in the dark. I'm still waiting for a 'special edition' dvd release!

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 16
RE: THE PUNISHER - 2/7/2009 7:46:46 PM   
Naweed_1

I didnt really like the 89 version mainly becuase it didnt have the skull t shirt

the 2004 tom jane version was pretty poor but i enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure seen it like 6 times

brought the punisher: war zone today on blu ray as blind buy looking fwd to it cant be as bad as previous two can it??

Now, about this pickle we find ourselves in...

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 17
RE: THE PUNISHER - 3/7/2009 5:47:54 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naweed_1

I didnt really like the 89 version mainly becuase it didnt have the skull t shirt

the 2004 tom jane version was pretty poor but i enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure seen it like 6 times

brought the punisher: war zone today on blu ray as blind buy looking fwd to it cant be as bad as previous two can it??
Rented Warzone last night and im sorry to say that its absolute rubbish.It looks like it takes place in Schumachers Gotham city and the villains are as camp as christmas.There isnt even that much action to be had.Castle kills a few thugs rather violently and thats about it.

Best Punisher by far was the Tom Jane version.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 18
RE: THE PUNISHER - 3/7/2009 6:02:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naweed_1

Rented Warzone last night and im sorry to say that its absolute rubbish.It looks like it takes place in Schumachers Gotham city and the villains are as camp as christmas.There isnt even that much action to be had.Castle kills a few thugs rather violently and thats about it.

Best Punisher by far was the Tom Jane version.

The Tom Jane version could have been good, but it didn't have any bite. Warzone ain't subtle, but its BIG in terms of characters. Some movies and comic series need that OTTness in order to make an impact. Jigsaw and Loony Bin Jim are over the top but no more than an 80s action movie. They were fun!

As I am sure you of all people will appreciate, not everything needs to be dark, mean and moody.

I will disagree with you about the violence - there are some GREAT kills in there - and plenty of gore.

Post #: 19
RE: THE PUNISHER - 3/7/2009 9:33:34 PM   
darth silas

The Tom Jane Punisher is the most sympathetic because his film was an origin story and we witnessed the slaughter of his family firsthand.I found myself understanding him more and cheered him on as he wiped out Travolta and his cronies.I liked the relationship he had with Rebecca Romijns character and her two mates as well.

Warzone is basically a Schumacherised version of the comic.Indeed there are some good kills in there but the action isnt exciting and i didnt care very much for Stevensons Punisher.

I usually like Dolph,but he wasnt good as The Punisher.

< Message edited by darth silas -- 3/7/2009 9:34:14 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 20
RE: THE PUNISHER - 8/7/2009 10:30:45 PM   
juanvasquez

I picked up the Tom Jane version off ebay and watched it tonight. I'd seen it before but couldn't really remember it. I really enjoyed it. A great action film, though it does border on camp when that huge heavy turns up at Castle's apartment and then ensues a rather odd, yet graphically violent fight. As well as the rather odd scene with Harry(?) Heck. There's also some inventive fatalities too.

Unfortunately it feels as though it finishes just as it's got going. I could have watched it for another hour. I'm gonna pick up Warzone on payday, and probably get the Lundgren version from ebay. Even though it aint that good of a transfer.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 21
RE: THE PUNISHER - 9/7/2009 7:42:03 PM   
somekindof_battery

I didn't think much of the Thomas Jane punished but i thought he was great as the character. I need to see the ultra-violent over the top War Zone, it looks too damn fun.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 22
RE: Punisher War Zone - 12/7/2009 9:49:42 PM   
Timon

Oh it is! A future classic, unfairly derided by the critics and ignored by audiences. I reckon in 10 years time, this'll be up there with Commando for fun action violent Friday night films.

(in reply to somekindof_battery)
Post #: 23
RE: Punisher War Zone - 12/7/2009 9:54:41 PM   
Rgirvan44

I agree 100% Timon.

People are going to look back in a decade and wonder why this movie didn't get an audience. I also fully expect a regrading by Empire.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 24
RE: Punisher War Zone - 3/8/2009 10:04:59 PM   
juanvasquez

Just watched Warzone. It's an absolute blast! I agree with the above comments, that it'll be hailed as a classic in years to come. It's great to see an excessively violent action film, comparable to the greats that Arnie graced us with back in the 80's.

And as much as I like Stevenson in Rome, I was unsure after enjoying Tom Janes version so much. Any doubts were put to rest after the first few seconds on screen

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 25
RE: Punisher War Zone - 11/8/2009 6:41:59 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Just to bring back the subject of the thread, from Snake-Eyes' collection, this here is the obligatory 'Comics Adaptation' of the 1989/Lundgren Movie -

Gotta love that artwork!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 26
RE: Punisher War Zone - 26/10/2009 10:43:46 AM   
Timon

War Zone is 4.98 on Amazon. Just got it! Didn't think the Blu-Ray was worth it...

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 27
RE: Punisher War Zone - 26/10/2009 11:13:29 AM   
krudler

I watched the Tom Jane on on tv the other night, its fun but its a bit DTV actioner in places, that being said its the most violent Marvel movie, and the apartment fight with the big Russian dude is awesome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 28
RE: Punisher War Zone - 26/10/2009 11:32:17 AM   
Rgirvan44

Punisher Warzone takes the award for most violent.

That or the first two Blade films...

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 29
RE: Punisher War Zone - 26/10/2009 5:28:20 PM   
hampstead bandit

liked the Tom Jane version much more than the original with Dolph

and War Zone was basically complete rubbish....

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> THE PUNISHER Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI