Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Isn't Tin Tin, well, a bit boring for a film?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Isn't Tin Tin, well, a bit boring for a film? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Isn't Tin Tin, well, a bit boring for a film? - 20/4/2009 8:04:43 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

If it sucks, I don't think the comic should be blamed.

Who said they should? Fuck them, if this fails the books are still brilliant.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 31
RE: Isn't Tin Tin, well, a bit boring for a film? - 20/4/2009 8:05:59 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

If it sucks, I don't think the comic should be blamed.

Who said they should? Fuck them, if this fails the books are still brilliant.

Very, very true.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 32
RE: Isn't Tin Tin, well, a bit boring for a film? - 20/4/2009 8:29:35 PM   
Proudfoot

No one really said the Herge should be blamed, just seemed like a few people felt the comic was beneath Spielberg & Friends, that they shouldn't be wasting their time on something like this.

I was just trying to say that even if the movie version sucks all over the place, that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the material.

Or something along those lines. But yeah, Tintin is good stuff.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 33
RE: RE: - 20/4/2009 11:50:26 PM   
Proudfoot

quote:

MarieMJS
Well you are right in the middle of the problem, "it's essentially an animated film", and I say no.

Motion Capture is NOT animation.

It's Motion Capture, it's a technology that captures people moving in a green space, it's not animation, and I wish the movie websites could repeat that a bit more often instead of calling everything 3D "animation".

Spielberg has an animation studio, it's called Dreamworks, and he had a way to do it as a real animation project. He also has actors hired to play the roles and could have done a live movie. Instead, he just jumps into the craziness of Mo Cap, and I can already see how they will call it "its first animated movie", when it's not. It's like when they tried to put Boewulf in the line for best animated feature film, I wanted to cry, it's my whole industry which was offended, even Pixar began adding a small thing in their credits :"“Our Quality Assurance Guarantee: 100% Genuine Animation! No motion capture or any other performance shortcuts were used in the production of this film.”

Geez, I guess it was too complicated for him to do a Pixar level movie animated à la mano by a studio of animators and make a REAL animated movie, eh...
This plus Indiana Jones, I can no longer admire him like I used to, and it makes me really sad...

You are of course right and all that, no doubt.
But let's not forget the stylistic similarities that can show up, especially in a case like this, where realism isn't the main goald I presume, and the fact that an intricate part of mainstream animation, at least to my knowledge, is the kind that used rotoscoping and real life foootage to achieve a realism in character i.e. Disney's classic nine ol' men figures.

I'm just saying...

It's an honest mistake to make, and there are similar traits.

< Message edited by Proudfoot -- 20/4/2009 11:52:03 PM >

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to MarieMJS)
Post #: 34
I have high hopes for this project... - 21/4/2009 12:43:52 PM   
pete_traynor

I agree with Rich on this one. Having been raised on the pure cinematic gold that Spielberg is capable of, I really want that guy back for this. Was never a huge fan of the comics but it is a good fundamental building block from which to create a great action adventure on. I was truly appalled by ‘Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’ and it saddened me to see Spielberg produce such a hackish piece of cinema. But I do attribute a large portion of the blame to Lucas on that one and remain faithful that this will be great fun. I think that in terms of spectacle though, the Jackson film will truly deliver. The set pieces he conceived for King Kong were so ambitions that even Weta (as truly outstanding that they are) couldn’t quite pull them all off to a convincing level. So I cannot wait to see what his vision is capable of in this medium.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 35
RE: CGI sucks - 17/9/2009 3:08:11 PM   
Front Row Reviews

i'd love to see some stop motion animation for the new district 9 film! its ok with sinbad and classic monsters like that but i'd like to see how some of the ufo and aliens in district 9 would look in stop motion...

saying that, has anyone seen 'Bad Taste' - one of Peter Jacksons very early, very low budget films? Thats about the quality you can expect! I'll take the CGI thanks

www.frontrowreviews.co.uk

(in reply to mattdavies86)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Isn't Tin Tin, well, a bit boring for a film? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI