Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: ROCKY IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: ROCKY IV Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ROCKY IV - 9/4/2009 12:40:25 PM   
dhowdy

I am also impressed by how well this film has aged. considering it is the 80's. it still looks great. same goes for 3 and even the others. they all look great, at least to me they do. i can't speak for anyonen else of course.

< Message edited by dhowdy -- 9/4/2009 12:43:41 PM >

(in reply to dhowdy)
Post #: 31
RE: ROCKY IV - 9/4/2009 1:08:55 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Yep - it still holds up I WILL get all six ROCKY Films on Blu-Ray.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to dhowdy)
Post #: 32
RE: ROCKY IV - 9/4/2009 1:33:46 PM   
dhowdy

now, i've got all 6 on dvd already (i use 5 as a coaster). whats with this blu ray business? everytime i get my collection up and running a new format comes up. my dvds are only just starting to buld up and now blu ray? i find as the quality improves each year, my eye sight weakens...Rocky 3/4 would look great in High Def on a widescreen though...

< Message edited by dhowdy -- 9/4/2009 1:39:16 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 33
RE: ROCKY IV - 9/4/2009 3:41:44 PM   
dhowdy

just spoke to someone who says Blu Ray is only good for films shot on Hi Def which was what Blu ray was made for. anything not shot on Hi Def wouldn't really make any different on Blu Ray...

(in reply to dhowdy)
Post #: 34
RE: ROCKY IV - 10/4/2009 10:02:30 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: dhowdy

just spoke to someone who says Blu Ray is only good for films shot on Hi Def which was what Blu ray was made for. anything not shot on Hi Def wouldn't really make any different on Blu Ray...

I think herein lies a wee problem - some older movies which have not been shot on Hi-Def look great (PREDATOR) and some don't (ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK); I'm refering to the transfer of the image and audio quality. FIRST BLOOD and MAD MAX 2 - Awesome on Blu-Ray! I wanna get all the ROCKY films on the new format.

(in reply to dhowdy)
Post #: 35
RE: ROCKY IV - 10/4/2009 10:41:24 PM   
bozzy

shite and i love rocky

(in reply to dhowdy)
Post #: 36
Soundtrack request - 23/4/2009 6:25:43 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Hey guys - does anyone have an MP3 file of the FULL version of 'Hearts on Fire'? - I'm referring to the version which plays on the end credits of ROCKY IV?

(in reply to bozzy)
Post #: 37
RE: Soundtrack request - 23/4/2009 9:55:18 AM   
Boscosaxon

It has so many quotable lines, I've even been known to quote Dragos subtitles....

"He's like a piece of iron!!!!

I'll get my coat.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 38
RE: Soundtrack request - 23/4/2009 10:07:24 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boscosaxon

It has so many quotable lines, I've even been known to quote Dragos subtitles....

"He's like a piece of iron!!!!

I'll get my coat.

"You Cut Him! YOU HURT HIM!! See? You See? HE'S NOT A MACHINE! HE'S A MAN!!"

(in reply to Boscosaxon)
Post #: 39
RE: Soundtrack request - 23/4/2009 10:08:37 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Hey guys - does anyone have an MP3 file of the FULL version of 'Hearts on Fire'? - I'm referring to the version which plays on the end credits of ROCKY IV?

I have the whole soundtrack, so yes...

PM me your email address.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 40
RE: Soundtrack request - 23/4/2009 12:39:20 PM   
dhowdy

yeah, there are some subtle differences between the music that is played in the film and the music on the soundtrack:

WAR
TRAINING MONTAGE
HEARTS ON FIRE

are slightly more complicated in the film than what is on the soundtrack. do you have these versions TIMON?  i have been looking since i was 12.

< Message edited by dhowdy -- 23/4/2009 3:07:05 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 41
RE: Soundtrack request - 14/5/2009 6:51:33 AM   
Snake-Eyes

HOW COOL WAS THIS?!

(in reply to dhowdy)
Post #: 42
ROCKY IV - 14/5/2009 6:55:47 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Just think... they'll be on screen together again soon...!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 43
ROCKY in G.I. JOE?! - 14/5/2009 7:11:43 AM   
Snake-Eyes

check THIS out: waaaay back in the good ol' 1980's when Stallone was Box-Officce Champ, toy heroes Hasbro wanted to use the Rocky character as part of their G.I. JOE line of action figures. apparently Stallone okayed the use of the character but because Remco Toys had started up a line of Joe-like toys based on the 'Rambo: Force of Freedom' Animated Series, Hasbro lost out. Still, there was a Marvel Comics Series 'G.I. JOE: ORDER OF BATTLE' which had profiles on all the characters and the Balboa profile made it even though the action figure never made it past the prototype phase:

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 44
RE: ROCKY IV - 14/5/2009 7:24:45 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

Just think... they'll be on screen together again soon...!

That pic made my morning.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 45
RE: ROCKY in G.I. JOE?! - 14/5/2009 2:29:02 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

check THIS out: waaaay back in the good ol' 1980's when Stallone was Box-Officce Champ, toy heroes Hasbro wanted to use the Rocky character as part of their G.I. JOE line of action figures. apparently Stallone okayed the use of the character but because Remco Toys had started up a line of Joe-like toys based on the 'Rambo: Force of Freedom' Animated Series, Hasbro lost out. Still, there was a Marvel Comics Series 'G.I. JOE: ORDER OF BATTLE' which had profiles on all the characters and the Balboa profile made it even though the action figure never made it past the prototype phase:

That's fucking awesome. What a shame that particular figure wasn't made.
As for the Force of Freedom action figures mentioned, I still have some of those from when I was a kid 

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 46
RE: ROCKY IV Rematch - 15/5/2009 9:19:16 AM   
Timon

Grrrrrrrrrrr

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 47
RE: ROCKY IV Rematch - 15/5/2009 9:25:39 AM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Fuck yeah!

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 48
RE: ROCKY IV Rematch - 15/5/2009 10:40:49 AM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Fuck yeah!

What a great pic, this movie cant possibly be bad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 49
ROCKY IV - 11/11/2009 7:21:38 PM   
Snake-Eyes

"Well, 'cos I've been with the best and I've beat the best! I've retired more men than social security!"

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 50
RE: ROCKY IV - 20/12/2009 7:47:20 PM   
Sutty

Great movie. Saw this at the cinema as a kid and it was the first and only time I have ever seen members of the audience up on their feet cheering during the final fight. Awesome. Has a great soundtrack too. Love No Easy Way Out and Hearts of Fire. Just a shame that Stallone and U/A had a fallout with Conti and didnt use his music. The movie zips along at a fair old pace and has everything you want from a Rocky Movie. Good music, quotable dialogue, a dramatic scene with Adrienne telling Rocky "the truth", montage (3 in this case!) and a cracking fight ("He's cut! The Russian is cut and it's a baaad cut!!")
And of course, Rocky raising his fists in triumph at the end.

Rocky "I see three of them out there."
Paulie "Hit the one in  the middle."
Duke "That's right. Hit the one in the middle!"

Also has one of the greatest training montages. "NO PAIN! NO PAIN!"

Stallone is under rated as a movie maker. He gave Lundgren/Weathers/Young/Shire a career and was never scared of giving them the best lines or moments in his films.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 51
RE: ROCKY IV - 23/12/2009 3:36:25 PM   
krudler

I watched all the Rocky movies over the past week, and IV is easily the most entertaining, the first is the best movie but IV is just one big cheesy, 80s music video wit a plot, i love it V isnt as bad as i remember it either, theres some dross in there alright, Stallones son being annoying (although him knocking out a young E from Entourage was funny) but its got some good moments, Rocky getting drunk and going to Mickeys gym is pretty poignant "how you doin' Mick?" and i liked the whole losing everything plot, Tommy Morrison couldnt act his way out of a paper bag though, and its a pity Duke (Apollos trainer, not the Don King type one) wasnt used more, and having it end with a street fight rather than a boxing match was a novel idea, the 6th movie was awesome though, one of the greatest character farewells in cinema history, that shot of Sly walking out of the arena and stopping to say goodbye to the crowd still gives me goosebumps, as you can clearly see he's not acting when he tears up and waves to the crowd, saying goodbye to his best character

quote:

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 52
RE: ROCKY IV - 23/12/2009 4:35:53 PM   
The Hooded Man

I'm sorry but Rocky IV was racist drivel that used every stereotype in the book, Drago was a Soviet athlete and therefore a drugs cheat who fought against the American hero who trained in a barn and in the countryside while Drago used a high tech gym. Then once Rocky takes the upper hand, the Russian crowd soon realise that the charismatic American and everything he embodies is what they want.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 53
RE: ROCKY IV - 23/12/2009 5:34:38 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

I'm sorry but Rocky IV was racist drivel that used every stereotype in the book, Drago was a Soviet athlete and therefore a drugs cheat who fought against the American hero who trained in a barn and in the countryside while Drago used a high tech gym. Then once Rocky takes the upper hand, the Russian crowd soon realise that the charismatic American and everything he embodies is what they want.

Duh, you're saying this as if it wasnt the intent, its an American propaganda movie released in the cold war, but it rocks

quote:

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 54
RE: ROCKY IV - 4/1/2010 7:34:19 AM   
Snake-Eyes

DUKE: "You know what you gotta do. Do it. Do it..."

The look on Stallone's face when he says "Thanks Duke" and then turns to look at Drago's picture just as DiCola's score kicks in... ROCK.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 55
RE: ROCKY IV - 19/1/2010 6:14:38 AM   
Snake-Eyes

"Yo, I wanted a sportscar fer my birthday not a Milwaukee trashcan."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 56
RE: ROCKY IV - 11/5/2010 7:29:58 AM   
Snake-Eyes

well, I woke up to some FANTASTIC news! This will definitely be mine...

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6605/.f

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 57
RE: ROCKY IV - 15/5/2010 8:59:17 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

I watched all the Rocky movies over the past week, and IV is easily the most entertaining, the first is the best movie but IV is just one big cheesy, 80s music video wit a plot, i love it V isnt as bad as i remember it either, theres some dross in there alright, Stallones son being annoying (although him knocking out a young E from Entourage was funny) but its got some good moments, Rocky getting drunk and going to Mickeys gym is pretty poignant "how you doin' Mick?" and i liked the whole losing everything plot, Tommy Morrison couldnt act his way out of a paper bag though, and its a pity Duke (Apollos trainer, not the Don King type one) wasnt used more, and having it end with a street fight rather than a boxing match was a novel idea, the 6th movie was awesome though, one of the greatest character farewells in cinema history, that shot of Sly walking out of the arena and stopping to say goodbye to the crowd still gives me goosebumps, as you can clearly see he's not acting when he tears up and waves to the crowd, saying goodbye to his best character

Agreed,the thread is about Rocky IV but the last Rocky really surprised me in terms of quality.
What other franchise/series could end this well after 3 decades and 6 movies?Well George Lucas???

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 58
RE: ROCKY IV - 15/5/2010 9:01:40 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Duh, you're saying this as if it wasnt the intent, its an American propaganda movie released in the cold war, but it rocks

Jesus,all movies were like that then!
And we loved them for their non-political correctness,Stallone,Van Damme etc,even the Lethal Weapon movies!!

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 59
RE: ROCKY IV - 20/6/2010 1:17:32 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I've ordered the DiCola score CD - I'm gonna blare out 'Up the Mountain' and yell my opponent's name!

(in reply to BOHEMIANBOB)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: ROCKY IV Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI