Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Efron Looks To Full Metal Panic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Efron Looks To Full Metal Panic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Efron Looks To Full Metal Panic - 7/4/2009 9:04:06 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 7/4/2009 9:04:06 AM   
kurosawa3000

Please "No". Please don't spoil one of my favourite manga and anime series. I like Efron, but he is just not suited for the part. Why can Hollywood not re-cast these characters better? They even destroyed one of the finer Korean comedies ("My Sassy Girl" by casting to the woefully miscast (Though gorgeous) Elisha Cuthbert in the lead role.

Better yet, don't remake foreign movies or anime. Certainly in terms of anime and manga, these are stories that work best in this format, and cannot be fully realised in the real-life format.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 7/4/2009 11:56:48 AM   
SpaceLion

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurosawa3000

Please "No". Please don't spoil one of my favourite manga and anime series. I like Efron, but he is just not suited for the part. Why can Hollywood not re-cast these characters better? They even destroyed one of the finer Korean comedies ("My Sassy Girl" by casting to the woefully miscast (Though gorgeous) Elisha Cuthbert in the lead role.

Better yet, don't remake foreign movies or anime. Certainly in terms of anime and manga, these are stories that work best in this format, and cannot be fully realised in the real-life format.

Completely agree! It doesn't surprise me that Hollywood always casts big names in these though - makes it far more likely to draw in the audiences. Efron is guaranteed to bring in the desirable teenage female demographic.

(in reply to kurosawa3000)
Post #: 3
RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 7/4/2009 12:10:02 PM   
Deviation

It could be worse, he could be starring in Neon Genesis Evangelion. And worse, he is starring in Johnny Quest. Why oh Why?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to SpaceLion)
Post #: 4
What age group is this for? - 7/4/2009 12:44:37 PM   
shanewire

Cause a manga starring Zac Efron doesn't sound like its gonna have the widest fanbase. Iive a 12 year old sister who loved High school musical but i don't htink shes big into semi obscure japanese comics and any of my friends who rad semi obscure japanese comics aren't gonna be drawn by a kid who can dance real well

Post #: 5
RE: Efron Looks To Full Metal Panic - 8/4/2009 9:56:16 PM   
AlphaTrion

It's hard to really complain about the casting, for all that it makes me cringe.  The guy might be an alright actor, just given the way he looks and so on he's obviously an asset to people appealing to a certain market which has no interested in complex characters and themes, so it's not like he's been given much opportunity to prove himself so far.

The real questions are is it live action, and why Full Metal Panic?  So much of what sets it apart from other giant robot action series comes down to the humorous interludes which won't translate well to a live action film at least given how reliant they are on violent comic exaggeration.  There's a bunch of other series that have similar concepts that are much more suitable for that kind of adaptation.

Anyway, unless Stephen Chow's directing I can't imagine it working too well, so some people had best get on the phone.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Efron Looks To Full Metal Panic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI