Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Assassin's Creed 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 4/11/2011 1:31:55 PM   
Pratt82

Just bought 'Assassins Creed: Brotherhood' yesterday as I too are a sucker for the storylines in these games. One thing that I've noticed readin previous posts is that the ending is alittle like......WTF?!?!

Think I might have to crack on with this when it arrives inbetween all the other games that need playing. Lifes so hard.......

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 211
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 4/11/2011 1:37:49 PM   
jcthefirst

More than a little.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 212
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 7/11/2011 11:46:49 AM   
Pratt82

Well it's not like I can remember much about the 1st 2 games storylines so I don't think the 'Brotherhood' installment will bother me when I get to the end. Not that bothered about the Multiplayer side of the game. If you ask me it shouldn't of been included. This game is single player and should of stayed that way!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 213
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 7/11/2011 12:45:59 PM   
jcthefirst

The multiplayer made Brotherhood for me. Had a lot of fun playing it online.

But then it became populated with people not playing it properly and ruining it for everyone.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 214
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 7/11/2011 1:26:05 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

The multiplayer made Brotherhood for me. Had a lot of fun playing it online.

But then it became populated with people not playing it properly and ruining it for everyone.

Exactly why it should of been left as a Singleplayer!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 215
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 7/11/2011 1:59:09 PM   
Chief

Seen the advert for this on the telly last night, Ezio is a pretty cool character.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 216
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 7/11/2011 3:43:00 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Seen the advert for this on the telly last night, Ezio is a pretty cool character.

Ezio is awesome, one of the best game characters of the last ten years. Didn't like Altair near as much, thought he was a bit full of himself, but the things that happen to Ezio and his family make you feel for the character and drives you onwards to see what he'll do next or what event will take place.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 7/11/2011 3:44:11 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 217
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/11/2011 9:39:41 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Well it's not like I can remember much about the 1st 2 games storylines so I don't think the 'Brotherhood' installment will bother me when I get to the end. Not that bothered about the Multiplayer side of the game. If you ask me it shouldn't of been included. This game is single player and should of stayed that way!

Definitely this.  It simply pandered to the masses rather than stay true to itself.  The addition of a team of assassins was the only new feature the game needed!   I enjoyed multiplayer initially, but quickly went off it as it became full of tools running around rooftops and offing people for the hell of it. Plus, it's broken my "1000gp on AC games" record!

I'll definitely get the latest installment because the single-player game is one of the more satisfying gaming experiences I've had, and the new shots of Constantinople look absolutely breath-taking.  I can't wait to see how they bring Desmond, Ezio and Altair together and, more importantly, to reveal what the fuck was going on at the end of the last game!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 218
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/11/2011 11:24:53 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

Definitely this. It simply pandered to the masses rather than stay true to itself. The addition of a team of assassins was the only new feature the game needed!I enjoyed multiplayer initially, but quickly went off it as it became full of tools running around rooftops and offing people for the hell of it. Plus, it's broken my "1000gp on AC games" record!
I'll definitely get the latest installment because the single-player game is one of the more satisfying gaming experiences I've had, and the new shots of Constantinople look absolutely breath-taking. I can't wait to see how they bring Desmond, Ezio and Altair together and, more importantly, to reveal what the fuck was going on at the end of the last game!

So from this I take it that if I play 'Brotherhood', I'm gonna have to play 'Revelations' to understand the end of the 3rd installment? Also my 1000Gs will be screwed up too. I'm gonna go back to collect the rest of the Flags from the 1st one sometime in the near future. The 2nd I've got the 1000Gs.

Are they including Multiplayer in the 4th installment?

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 8/11/2011 11:27:48 AM >

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 219
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/11/2011 11:49:45 AM   
sharkboy

Yeah, I've noticed some of the exclusive DLC that's being offered includes certain MP characters, so I assume it's gonna continue to be an option.

AC endings have often been a bit ambiguous to say the least, but the last was one of the more bizarre ones.  That's not to guarantee that this installment will shed any enlightenment - in fact, it may even be a bigger WTF moment!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 220
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/11/2011 1:39:58 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I'll probs get the new installment off the missus for Chrimbo (either that or Batman: AC) so it'll give me something apart from Skyrim to get my teeth into over the festive period. Thought the first game was complete and utter wank but the sequel was great and Brotherhood was immense.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 221
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 12/11/2011 12:49:07 PM   
Dark Knight

Shopto have outdone themselves this time....

My copy of Assassins Creed: Revelations just dropped through the post, 3 days early!

Bad news is that the wife demands that it is still a Chrimbo present and the fact that is has turned up early does not negate this fact!

I am petitioning for divorce!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 222
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 12/11/2011 12:54:26 PM   
juanvasquez

I got it this morning too. Just finishing off Brotherhood first. Fortunately I'm further through than I thought. Only 2 strands left.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 223
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/11/2011 2:02:43 PM   
Sledge Hammer

I noticed this when looking at it at Amazon:

quote:

Xbox LIVE Avatar costume pre-order bonus
Pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations with us at Amazon.co.uk before 23:59 on Monday, November 14 and you'll receive a code to download an exclusive Xbox LIVE Avatar costume.

Link - Assassins Creed at Amazon

37.98 with free delivery - is that good?

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 224
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/11/2011 7:45:16 PM   
juanvasquez

Sweet, mines got the original AC on the disc, too! It's an install (PS3) so will have to remove DCU online if I want to play it (the woes of having the 60gb), but was considering getting the original again just to complete the collection as I still have II & Brotherhood. No need now .

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 225
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/11/2011 9:58:38 PM   
Pratt82

Started playing the 'Brotherhood' over the weekend and I've once again fallen in love with this series! Can't wait to get it finished and buy the 'Revelations' game......brilliant!

Post #: 226
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/11/2011 10:46:50 PM   
juanvasquez

Revelations has been very good so far. A great opening set of missions, taking in a familiar location and feeling very Indiana Jones at one point! The visuals seem to have improved and Constantinople looks beautiful.

There's a few new features to add to the free running gameplay as well, and also a sort of RTS/tower defence section has been added. I've been playing for a few hours and only come across it once, so hopefully won't get in the way of the usual gameplay.

A couple of visual differences are noticeable in things like the HUD and various indicators, which I find odd with it being a direct continuation from the last game. And unless it's just because the controller is different (I'm used to playing AC on 360, whereas my copy of revelations is PS3), the control scheme is different. Which took a little while to get used to as I was bringing up my inventory when trying to sprint and vice-versa.

I decided to delete DCU Online in the end as I doubt I'll get chance to play it much and I need the space for other games. This had about 10 minutes installing when I first started up. Installing the original Assassins Creed now, which isn't even a third of DCUO's size!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 227
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/11/2011 3:24:28 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Revelations is 29.69 @ Sainsburys using code JS112011CAT

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Games/Xbox-360/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations/product.html?product=E10926853

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 228
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/11/2011 3:33:36 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Games/Xbox-360/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations/product.html?product=E10926853

Possible Christmas Present

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 229
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/11/2011 5:48:25 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Possible Christmas Present

Cheers mate! I'll hold you to that!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 230
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/11/2011 10:26:36 PM   
Pratt82

lol.....bullshit! I meant for me! lol

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 231
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 28/11/2011 4:26:55 PM   
Lang

The finale does indeed provide more WTF bizarroness!

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 232
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/11/2011 3:09:45 PM   
sroey

Just ordered this from Shopto...it was dispatched about 2 minutes later (those guys rock)

Quite excited for this!

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 233
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/11/2011 10:05:42 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

So four games in and no real closure on anything?

Brilliant.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 234
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/11/2011 10:20:09 PM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

So four games in and no real closure on anything?

Brilliant.

It seemed a little Galactica_esque...just my personal opinion though that is vague and i'm looking to spoil anything

I checked wiki for any clues but can that really be trusted!

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 235
RE: Assassin's Creed Revelations - 1/12/2011 10:01:42 PM   
indysgill

I like the game, but some of the bugs/glitches are really starting to annoy me. For example
  • Getting to you have failed a mission before evening moving.
  • Being told to kill a Templar den guard, when you are no where near said den.
  • Have a roof top guard appear from nowhere, after using eagle vision to look everywhere, and cost you a 100% sync.
Or my personal favourite from this mornings session
  • Having the enemy cannon/tank thing on tower defence take out my assassins den from the other side of the map and fire through 3 fully upgraded barriers!!
I am also annoyed that there are no puzzles to solve like in 2 and Brotherhood, I loved them.
Still will perceiver, am about halfway through now.

< Message edited by indysgill -- 1/12/2011 10:02:22 PM >

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 236
RE: Assassin's Creed Revelations - 2/12/2011 9:59:39 AM   
sroey

Only had about 10mins with the game last night and it doesnt seem as polished as brotherhood so far. That said I havent got to the main city yet.

The death/execution animations are really clunky and just seem off. Combat has always been a little clunky but the animations seem really dodgy so far.

Early impressions though so hopefully once I get into it the issues wont be noticeable...

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 237
RE: Assassin's Creed Revelations - 7/12/2011 1:30:56 PM   
Scott_

Got Revelations as an early Christmas present from my dear old mum who told me there was "no cunting way your bringing that fucking machine to my house at Christmas!". What a pleasent conversation it was.

Anyway, had a an hour or so on it and I'm enjoying it so far. Just got into Istanbul and it looks awesome, very pretty. They really need to change some stuff up for Assassins Creed 3, I love the games but nothing much has really changed from ACII to Revelations. A better stealth system would be welcome and smoother free-flowing combat wouldn't be the worst thing...

Had a pop at multiplayer too unaware it was throwing me in games where none of the NPCs were styled like my character, so I was getting really pissed off at the constant death and not being able to do shit about it until I realised my mistake.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 238
RE: Assassin's Creed Revelations - 8/12/2011 2:11:23 AM   
indysgill

I think my game is buggered, while playing tonight I distracted a group of guards with the romanies and went to stab couple of them in the back.
I stabbed one guard with my sword 5 times and his health stayed on 1/4 full, with the other guards just watching doing nothing. Also some guards I passed by randomly got poisoned and died, without me using the poison blade!!

Much preferred 2 and the Venice setting.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 239
RE: Assassin's Creed Revelations - 8/12/2011 9:02:50 AM   
sroey

One thing I have found a little odd - Ezio is an old, wise badass assassin in this - yet he comes across as a complete novice when he gets to Istanbul and that young fella shows him the ropes. I understand the gamer needs an introduction to the new stuff but it just seemed a bit odd to me.

Not sure about the Desmond/Portal sections...seem a bit pointless...

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI