Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Assassin's Creed 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 21/12/2010 10:51:29 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

I also got an achievement yesterday for beating 4 guards to death with a brush!

Yep, the old "Clean Sweep" acheivement, got it myself at the weekend.  It makes a pretty formidable weapon as well, doesn't it?  Though not as easy as the one you get for just chucking some coins in a well

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 21/12/2010 10:52:53 AM >

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 181
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 21/12/2010 11:58:49 AM   
indysgill

My assassins are all maxed out and all apart from 3 are women!
My own foxy assassination squad!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 182
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 21/12/2010 3:54:24 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Well I have 1 assassin at level 8 and the rest are lvl 7-2 ( I have destroyed all the Borgia towers so have a full army at my command)

I lost one level 8 assassin on a contract with a 4* difficulty rating - he had a 87% chance of success and still fluffed it.

The actually main storyline is quite short compared to the other games - its a good job there is alot to do besides this.

PS I hate multiplayer achievements!

Have to agree Sharkboy - for most of the Borgia towers I strolled in to the areas and sent in my assassins to do most of the killing. I just mopped up the leftovers - poison darts rule!

I also got an achievement yesterday for beating 4 guards to death with a brush!

Stop making me want to play this!

Tell me about it!!!! Im hoping it goes cheap after xmas or i finish Fable 3 and lovefilm actually send me a game i want!!!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 183
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/12/2010 11:03:18 AM   
James2183

I think I'm nearing the end of AC2 and wanted to know if there is a chance to go back and finish all the other challenges once the main story is complete. I've yet to find all the vantage points and upgrade all the city districts but I don't really want to run through this again just to do that.

I'm really enjoying the game and will probably trade in Black Ops for Brotherhood once I've finished this.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 184
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/12/2010 11:31:42 AM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

I think I'm nearing the end of AC2 and wanted to know if there is a chance to go back and finish all the other challenges once the main story is complete.

Yep.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 185
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/12/2010 12:04:42 PM   
James2183

Excellent. I have just killed the 9 lieutenants. Is there much further to go?

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 186
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/12/2010 12:09:46 PM   
juanvasquez

I have no idea! I haven't played it since this time last year, I just remember asking the same question .

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 187
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 18/1/2011 11:18:09 PM   
Lang

Leonardo's missions are quite tricky ...one in particular

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 188
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 17/2/2011 12:56:35 PM   
sharkboy

More frustrating than tricky really, though it depends how much you want that 100% sync I suppose!  Anyway, finally finished the single-player campaign (that ending!! WTF?? ), got a couple more flags to collect and another romulus tomb to explore then that'll be all the single-player achievements.  I'm still not convinced I'll bother with the multi-player ones as I've only tried it as far as the training missions, but if I do, is anyone else up for a few online sessions to help each other grind the achievements?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 189
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 23/3/2011 1:06:29 PM   
jcthefirst

So, is the Hunter mode in AC: Brotherhood as good as everyone makes out then? I've just bought it, so I'm hoping for great things.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 190
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 26/3/2011 11:25:44 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

So, is the Hunter mode in AC: Brotherhood as good as everyone makes out then? I've just bought it, so I'm hoping for great things.

In conclusion, it is. It's amazing.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 191
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/4/2011 12:57:31 PM   
Chief

I've just ordered this, hope it's good!

Is the MP still populated?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 192
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/4/2011 1:23:12 PM   
jcthefirst

It is indeed.

Not to Black Ops levels or anything, but I've never had any trouble finding a game in the normal Hunter mode. Advanced Hunter (basically hardcore FFA) however, I've never got a game. I don't think people are playing it at all.

The MP takes a bit of getting used to, and you're likely to get killed a lot right at the start but stick with it. Once you know the tricks you'll be killing fools left, right and centre.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 193
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/4/2011 2:18:24 PM   
Chief

Sound.

Looking forward to it.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 194
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 18/4/2011 2:20:42 PM   
Chief

I've put about an hour into the campaign and really enjoying it.

The one thing that bothered me is the camera. I was trying to fight 5 or 6 armoured soldiers and the camera sat nicely in the middle of some branches. While this may have been an interesting and arty POV it made my task that bit harder than it needed to be.

Still kind of finding my feet and trying to climb the highest things I can. Might just leave the missions for a while and go exploring.

Had a wee blast on the MP as well. Still very much a novice (best place 4/8) and have killed more civilians than contracts but I think it's going to be good.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 195
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/6/2011 11:15:35 AM   
Jodan_King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo6Q14vBB1c

Can't help it I'm a sucker for the story line of these games.  This looks awesome.

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 196
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 13/6/2011 9:08:14 AM   
James2183

I didn't get on too well with Brotherhood, I found the city too big and the game plot not really focused compared to AC2. It was really annoying not being able to free run across the rooftops too well either. However after watching the Revelations trailer I think I'm going to have to give it another go to catch up with the story.

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 197
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 13/6/2011 12:09:37 PM   
jcthefirst

Finished AC:B last night. WTF?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 198
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 13/6/2011 5:18:18 PM   
Jodan_King

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Finished AC:B last night. WTF?

This is the reason that you need to play Brotherhood before revelations comes out James!  Stick with it, once you get the quick travel things done then the city does not seem so vast

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 199
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 11/7/2011 6:20:12 AM   
Saltire

Cannot wait till Revelations comes out. Since I got my Xbox last year the Assassin's Creed saga has been my favourite series. Yes the controls and camerawork need a bit of tinkering slightly, but the story and characters - especially Ezio, whom you really feel for and is one of the best game characters of the last decade - are wonderful as is the graphics which make you gasp in certain parts and totally immerse you in that world. On top of that there is the terrific scoring by Jesper Kyd, especially of Assassins Creed 2 in which almost every song is brilliant, adds a terrific and brooding atmosphere to the game. I hope Revelations keeps up the high quality story and is a fitting finale for Ezio, but boy I'll miss him when he does go!! 

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 200
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/8/2011 10:56:01 PM   
the anomaly

Rented Brotherhood ... at first underwhelmed, then I started to enjoy ... and then it's been simply a loop of those thoughts. Surprised at how out of practice I am though. I was awesome at AC2.

Online's been interesting. Though I can't nail why I've been caught out at times. Though it doesn't help that I suddenly get shot out of no where from a level 30+ player. Though I can't complain considering it's almost been out a year.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 201
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/8/2011 11:23:05 AM   
jcthefirst

You do getting destroyed a lot early on, but once you get the jist of multiplayer, it's great fun. No greater joy than blending with a crowd and watching your pursuer kill the wrong person, as you run away laughing.

And then get shot out of nowhere by a level 30.

It's by no means perfect but if everyone is playing the game properly (ie, not running around on the rooftops like dickheads) it's brilliant fun, and incredibly satisying.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 202
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/8/2011 1:19:29 PM   
Scott_

The multiplayer is awesome in theory but everyone runs around on the rooftops with templar vision which makes people who play properly easy targets, I get sick of it very quickly and the multiplayer achievements fucking suck.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to Revelations, just sucks its out a few days after every other amazing looking game in existence so I might wait until christmas to get my dirty mitts on it.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 203
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 8/8/2011 6:08:21 PM   
Saltire

There is indeed a few great games I can't wait to play before Revelations but I will definately be getting it before the end of the year. C'mon Desmond!!!! 

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 204
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 12/9/2011 9:01:30 PM   
James2183

Bought AC:Brotherhood again last week and enjoyed it a lot more than I did. It was really good until the ending. What an awful way to finish a game.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 205
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 25/10/2011 8:56:05 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Bought AC:Brotherhood again last week and enjoyed it a lot more than I did. It was really good until the ending. What an awful way to finish a game.

I just finished it the first time today, you couldn't explain the end could you. Lost me

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 206
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 25/10/2011 9:17:59 PM   
Scott_

Wrote a loooong post trying to explain it but reading it back, it made no sene at all! I only know a few things for sure but we'll just have to wait for Revelations for most of the answers cos I'll be expecting some er...revelations in the story at some point. T'is very cool but so bloody confusing.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 207
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 27/10/2011 3:29:44 PM   
jcthefirst

Was it the ancient AI controlling Desmond or something, causing him to stab whatsherface?

I remember watching it and thinking WTF? But that was mainly because it took me so long traversing that stupid Fortress of Solitude looking room, and I was properly annoyed by that stage.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 208
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 27/10/2011 3:36:42 PM   
sharkboy

That's what I read it as at the time - Juno controlling Desmond's actions and making him stab Lucy.  The da Vinci DLC didn't really clarify anything either, except to confirm Desmond is comatose back in real life.

WWLD?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 209
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 4/11/2011 1:04:47 PM   
Scott_

Yeah, Juno made Desmond stab Veronica Mars because she was either a templar, not the decendent of Eve that Desmond needs to find and have child with (I'm sure subject 26 mentions something about this...) or both. Not sure, its been a while since I played it.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI