Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 3/8/2010 2:12:54 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker
The gameplay was pretty good at times (although still repetitive) but I can't get over the crapness of the fighting, to pull off a counter seems a bit random, and it's never exciting to get to into a fight just a chore. I think the fight mechanics need a major overhaul. It doesn't feel fluid just sluggish and after playing something like Bayonetta ,AC2 really did seem like something out of the dark ages in this respect.

To be fair this is never going to be Bayonetta ... infact nothing is. I'll add that all I ever did in AC/2 is counter. You pretty much wait for an attack and rip them apart with a counter. It shouldn't be random at all. I agree combat need's to be improved still ... but the counter system works just fine. It's like a mouse poking a lion ... the lion wouldn't normally bother .... but one poke and BAM! Squished Jerry.

Clearly I'm shit at it! One of the games I've been most impressed with in terms of combat is Fable 2, because you can seamlessly swap between weapons in the middle of a fight and it makes it way cooler. The problem is when you play games that do it well (like Bayonetta as well), the ones that don't start pissing you off because it's something you have to repeat for the rest of the time you're left playing it.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 151
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/9/2010 8:44:07 PM   
Lang

Can you only play the add ons once you have completed the game?

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 152
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 16/9/2010 1:04:19 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I didn't get any download content for this game - I just completed the main quest

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 153
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 4/10/2010 2:19:47 PM   
Chief

Just got an email from Ubisoft with an access code for the beta. I'm taking this to mean that it's up an running and shall be dabbling tonight at some point.

Anyone else in?

Post #: 154
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 4/10/2010 2:51:04 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

I'm in! The BETA has been up for a week, but PS Plus subscribers got their access codes first. Really looking forward to getting to grips with this, although it'll serve as a reminder to go back and polish off AC2 too...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 155
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 6/10/2010 9:26:01 AM   
Chief

Had a couple of spare hours last night. I thought I'd give the beta a crack. First I had a system update that took forever. Then I put the code in. Then I had to dowload the game - 144 minutes. Fuck that, switched it off. Maybe another time....

Post #: 156
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 6/10/2010 10:04:53 AM   
Badgers

Is there anywhere I can sign up for the brotherhood beta?

Ps. If someones mentioned it on a previous page then I haven't seen it, partly because I've not read through this to avoid AC2 spoilers, partly due to laziness

Stuntcock!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

Just let me know where and when.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 157
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 6/10/2010 10:30:43 AM   
Chief

I got my code from SHP's giveaway a couple of months back. Not sure if it'll be opened up later on.

Post #: 158
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/10/2010 7:16:51 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

Can you only play the add ons once you have completed the game?

If its Battle of Forli and Bonfireof theVanities, then no not necessarily.  If you're mid game, say around chapter 8 or 10 then they'll play out sequentially (they're chapters 12 and 13) s'all part of the story. 

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 159
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/10/2010 4:07:14 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Achievements - Clicky!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 160
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/10/2010 8:39:05 PM   
the anomaly

Errrmmmm soooo hows brother hood then?

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 161
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 15/10/2010 8:51:40 AM   
Chief

Dunno. The two hour download put me off the beta.

Post #: 162
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 22/11/2010 10:07:00 AM   
jinks

Anyone else pick up Brotherhood yet?

Not HUGELY different to AC2, but a few nice tweaks here and there and a slightly new setting. The 'Full Sync' conditions for each mission borders on the addictive - trying to achieve 100% using the given conditions for each mission.

Multiplayer took a lot  of getting used to, VERY different to anything ive played before, but once you get the hang of it its actually rather good being the hunter and the hunted at the same time  - not knowing where your pursuer is.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 163
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 22/11/2010 1:56:21 PM   
Tosschops

Been playing the multi player and its ace.  Its totally different to your standard shoot anything that moves, you have to stalk your prey while being stalked your self.  

I believe what doesn't kill you, simply makes you.....Stranger.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 164
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 22/11/2010 2:02:59 PM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tosschops

Been playing the multi player and its ace.  Its totally different to your standard shoot anything that moves, you have to stalk your prey while being stalked your self.  

Does take a bit of getting used to i found, but once you get it its a blast. Very tense indeed. Kinda fun when you spot your target on his own whilst you're walking in a crowd, you break out and get him right there! Definately up there with one of my favourite online moments, the guy was just minding his own business trying to look anonymous walking past...

Think i might give this another blast tonight only downside is the decent looking multiplayer characters all get taken first.

(in reply to Tosschops)
Post #: 165
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 25/11/2010 2:00:19 PM   
indysgill

I had a go at multi-player and like has already been said, its disorientating at first, but you get in to it really quickly. Had a game with someone who was already a Lv19! Took him out 4 times though.

I'm trying to get through the single player side first, love being able to bound about the rooftops and towers.
The streak systems great too, although I didn't realise you had to let go of R1 to get it flowing!  

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 166
RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 27/11/2010 1:13:21 AM   
the anomaly

Not bothered .... the multiplayer look's interesting ... but meh. It doesn't look like it offers much more than AC2. I'll just wait for a proper sequel which will hopefully have the multiplayer already. Looks decent though and if you've never tried AC it will probaly be the most fun yet? 

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 167
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 30/11/2010 10:39:47 AM   
Jodan_King

you can play the AC 2 downloadable content once you have completed the main story - they come up as 'repaired memories' you get to free roam on completion of the main story regardless of the dlc

< Message edited by Jodan_King -- 30/11/2010 10:41:20 AM >

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 168
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 30/11/2010 10:54:26 AM   
UTB

I started AC2 (GOTD edition) a few weeks ago. Loving it. So much better than the first, which I just didn't get on with.

It is an epic game, though. Spent about 3 hours on Sunday just locating the viewpoints in Florence, and I think that's only half done.

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 169
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/12/2010 2:13:18 PM   
sharkboy

I started into the single player campaign in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood over the weekend, and so far I'm enjoying it immensely. 

First up though, a few gripes.  The additional challenges offered to get 100% synch on some of the missions are nigh-on impossible though, well, for me anyway!  And if you didn't like the collecting aspect of the last game you'll hate this one.  Feather numbers are down, but instead you've got Borgia Flags, more secret missions, shops and refurbishments to amass.  I'm also having difficulty stringing a decent kill streak together - I'm killing them all without being hit or grabbed, but it always resets after 2 or 3 kills.  Most I've managed so far is 8.  Maybe I'm not stringing the hits together fast enough...

Anyway, enough of the negativity.  As usual, the game looks amazing and the fight animations are even better than before, with a much bigger range of kill strokes to enjoy.  The free running aspect is as good as ever and at least this time you start with some decent weaponry (though there is plenty of upgrading to be had too).  It's nice to be able to take your horse into town as well, as Rome is bloody huge!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 170
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/12/2010 2:36:37 PM   
indysgill

Finished Brotherhood on the weekend, it was great, ending is somewhat confusing. Guess they will sort it out for 3.

Now to try for Lv 50 in multiplayer!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 171
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/12/2010 2:40:10 PM   
jinks

Finally managed to get my own Brotherhood last night, sending out your assassins on different jobs borders on the addictive. What's pretty cool (well to me anyways) is when my assassins level up, i give them a new coloured uniform, since they're all level 2 at the moment they're all in a natty blue costume..might go for green next

My only slight gripe presently, is ive only 3 Borgia Towers left to destroy, but they're bloody locked off currently grrrrrr.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 172
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 9/12/2010 1:16:51 PM   
sroey

Well Ive got Brotherhood still in the wrapper as Im waiting for AC2 to be delivered from Shopto so I can at least try and keep up with the head mashing story!

I played AC1 which was enjoyable but repetitive and a bit dull in places.

Hoping for more from AC2 and Brotherhood!

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 173
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/12/2010 11:31:08 AM   
sroey

Well I finished AC2 - which was rather excellent (with some random frustrating sections) and moved on to Brotherhood.

It is far more cinematic and very well polished - especially the opening memories! very well done and the combat is a little slicker too!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 174
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 14/12/2010 2:13:22 PM   
Rob

I haven't really touched the main story on this yet aside from the first mission but I'm absolutely loving the multiplayer. It's really different and the tension levels can get pretty high as you stalk your target.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 175
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 15/12/2010 2:28:48 PM   
sharkboy

OK, so some of the 100% sync challenges are still frustrating the hell out of me but I think I've finally managed to get the hang of the kill streaks (just don't use the hidden blades!) enough to get the Serial Killer achievement.  And the broom can be quite a handy weapon too, can't it?   Still not ventured onto multiplayer though - think that's the next stop...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 176
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 16/12/2010 8:28:48 AM   
sroey

After charging through the single player game I was getting a bit miffed as I thought the 'Brotherhood' aspect would rear its head towards the end of the game but last night I recruited a mini army and the game instantly becomes 10 times better.

It was no slouch beforehand but the Call Assassins mechanic is amazing and you will wonder how you coped without it. Im on the hunt for more Borgia towers to unlock the extra spaces in my army but sending out Assassins on missions is bloody addictive!

Love this game now! Sod the main story - my band of merry assassins are causing havoc around town!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 177
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/12/2010 11:26:12 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

After charging through the single player game I was getting a bit miffed as I thought the 'Brotherhood' aspect would rear its head towards the end of the game but last night I recruited a mini army and the game instantly becomes 10 times better.

It was no slouch beforehand but the Call Assassins mechanic is amazing and you will wonder how you coped without it. Im on the hunt for more Borgia towers to unlock the extra spaces in my army but sending out Assassins on missions is bloody addictive!

Love this game now! Sod the main story - my band of merry assassins are causing havoc around town!

Couldn't agree more - the Brotherhood aspect has really opened up the single-player campaign for me too since I got my band of killers yesterday.  I actually do very little killing myself now, I just call down an arrow storm or let my army of level 6 assassins loose on them.  And I still haven't made it to multiplayer beyond the training level...

WWLD?

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 178
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 21/12/2010 8:56:51 AM   
sroey

Well I have 1 assassin at level 8 and the rest are lvl 7-2 ( I have destroyed all the Borgia towers so have a full army at my command)

I lost one level 8 assassin on a contract with a 4* difficulty rating - he had a 87% chance of success and still fluffed it.

The actually main storyline is quite short compared to the other games - its a good job there is alot to do besides this.

PS I hate multiplayer achievements!

Have to agree Sharkboy - for most of the Borgia towers I strolled in to the areas and sent in my assassins to do most of the killing. I just mopped up the leftovers - poison darts rule!

I also got an achievement yesterday for beating 4 guards to death with a brush!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 179
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 21/12/2010 9:12:19 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Well I have 1 assassin at level 8 and the rest are lvl 7-2 ( I have destroyed all the Borgia towers so have a full army at my command)

I lost one level 8 assassin on a contract with a 4* difficulty rating - he had a 87% chance of success and still fluffed it.

The actually main storyline is quite short compared to the other games - its a good job there is alot to do besides this.

PS I hate multiplayer achievements!

Have to agree Sharkboy - for most of the Borgia towers I strolled in to the areas and sent in my assassins to do most of the killing. I just mopped up the leftovers - poison darts rule!

I also got an achievement yesterday for beating 4 guards to death with a brush!

Stop making me want to play this!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI