Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Assassin's Creed 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 21/11/2009 9:18:36 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Bought the SE yesterday (the one with the Arsenal Shipyard) not the ridiculous figurine ones.

Have yet to play it, but am looking forwards to giving it a good go next week some time, a bit too busy over the weekend to play it, and I still want to finish the spec ops on MW2 aswell.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Comrade Zutroy)
Post #: 61
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 23/11/2009 9:46:00 AM   
Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Bought the SE yesterday (the one with the Arsenal Shipyard) not the ridiculous figurine ones.

Have yet to play it, but am looking forwards to giving it a good go next week some time, a bit too busy over the weekend to play it, and I still want to finish the spec ops on MW2 aswell.

Yeah me too.  I liked the idea of Assassin's Creed but found it very repetitive and quickly gave up on it.  The sequel however, had me hooked from the first moment.  Having never played the first one extensively I'm not sure where all the improvements have been made but I'm absolutely loving this game.  In fact I'm so impressed I'm thinking about buying the original if I can find it cheap anywhere.  Is it worth it or is the sequel that much better?

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 62
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 23/11/2009 9:12:40 PM   
FlangeBags

I really enjoyed the first one but it was definitely repetitive.
I'm still only as far as exploring Florence in the sequel and it is markedly better.
That said, it might be worth a rental or pick it up second hand.

My homepage - http://allendonnelly.squarespace.com/

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 63
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 27/11/2009 12:14:55 PM   
jinks

Slight Spoilers....

Been playing this non-stop pretty much since getting it last week (along with a free Assassin's Creed 2 t-shirt ).

Have to say it's absolutely fantastic!!! They've definately taken on board all the criticism laid on the first game, for a start the areas are a lot more interesting and diverse Venice looks lovely, Forli looks like a shit-hole. So much more to do, assassination contracts are cool, not overly keen on races though.

My mansion has ALL the paintings that can be bought, all statues found and the town is FULLY renovated so income is pretty decent, although not a huge amount left to buy now sadly.

Still loads to go though,but have to say probably game of the year for me!!!

Post #: 64
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 27/11/2009 2:44:43 PM   
Comrade Zutroy

Finished it (story mode) on Tuesday.  Absolutely brilliant.  Loved every minute of it, well nearly.  I found the Assassin Seal missions hugely annoying in parts but worthwhile in the end.  Got all the weapons, armor and ammunition you can get but still need to get some paintings.  Also, dunno if everyone's aware of this but if you go to the trainer at the front of your villa you can buy new skills that you need to get certain achievements.

All in all, a fantastic package and still lots more gameplay left  

If there were no rewards to reap,
no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.

I'm gonna wait it out

"It's a day spa, you fuck!"

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 65
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 7/12/2009 12:00:55 PM   
Rob

A great game all in all.  Still haven't finished up but getting close.  Venice is massive!

I think it's a really strong example of what open world games should be like.  With things like GTA the driving to and from missions tend to be the most boring parts for me but free running over the roof tops of Renaissance Venice and then taking a leap of faith still brings a smile.

Did anyone else find some of the latter Glyphs hard to decipher?  Maybe I'm a bit stupid but some of them were rather challenging.  I'm really enjoying the whole "Truth" aspect though.  Only have three more markings to find but I've been enjoying finding them and cracking the codes....sometimes with the help of the internet it must be said!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Post #: 66
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 9/12/2009 1:39:44 PM   
jcthefirst

I am liking the game. Not loving it. For all the talk of all the faults of the first game being fixed, it hasn't changed that much. Assassinations are exactly the same, only without the boring info scouting of the first. I'd like there to be some missions where I had to set traps for guards instead of constantly luring them away with theives or courtesans. The fighting is better, but nothing amazing. And the in game cut scenes are fairly blocky looking. The main game is fine but the cut scenes look awful somethimes.

However, I do love chasing the pickpockets over the rooftops. No matter if I have to chase you for ages, I will hunt you down and kill you.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 67
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 17/12/2009 9:26:46 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

DLC announced for January and February.  As if we won't have enough to do...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4046-Assassin-s-Creed-2-DLC-Trailer-&-Info--Reasonably-Priced-Too-.html

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 68
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 17/12/2009 9:57:22 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

DLC announced for January and February.  As if we won't have enough to do...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4046-Assassin-s-Creed-2-DLC-Trailer-&-Info--Reasonably-Priced-Too-.html

Just read that. I started replaying the game yesterday as I missed the flying kick achievement on my first playthrough. As the DLC features the return of the flying machine I don't have to replay it now!

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 69
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 17/12/2009 10:47:51 AM   
Peter Griffin

Cool, reasonably priced too.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 70
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 17/12/2009 5:02:53 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I am liking the game. Not loving it. For all the talk of all the faults of the first game being fixed, it hasn't changed that much. Assassinations are exactly the same, only without the boring info scouting of the first. I'd like there to be some missions where I had to set traps for guards instead of constantly luring them away with theives or courtesans. The fighting is better, but nothing amazing. And the in game cut scenes are fairly blocky looking. The main game is fine but the cut scenes look awful somethimes.

My thoughts exactly. After all the glowing reviews for this I was expecting a major improvement and there really wasn't one. The game mechanics are still pretty much the same. The story is wank. And the dialogue is appaulingly bad. My in-game mam told me to get a new hobby and stop chasing vaginas! Then my uncle popped up later and exclaimed, "It's a-me, Mario!" Who the fuck wrote this, George Lucas?

Also, after playing Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2 recently, the climbing mechanics seem really clunky in Assassin's Creed 2. I dispised the first game and although this is obviously better I still cannot get into it.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 71
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 28/12/2009 9:03:35 PM   
the anomaly

Ubisoft are either a bit lazy OR they take on feedback extremely well. Whilst the main mechanics are pretty much the same. The game as a whole is a lot better. It adds a lot more variety and polishes up other points. Gone is the horrible repetition and set structure of the last game. In it's place is a more buzzing and interesting environment to get stuck into and be a part of. Loving it so far.

Though I agree the cutt scenes look pretty bad sometimes. The in game graphics didn't blow me away like the first one did. But they are good with a lot more color and detail. The plot is interesting ... but a bit confusing. There's a lot of information to read up on though if you are bothered.

SPOILERS
: Regarding the first 10-20 mins of the game
I thought the intro was terrible though! Breaking out of the lab should have been so much more fun. It was such a let down. Simply walked out. Walked through an office. Cutt scene. Went to the car park. Get attacked by ten guards and beat them up with the same clunky one punch combo and one counter attack. It would have been so much better to see the "bleeding effect" in action and have desmond control the same as Altair. Have some fights, break out of a window and have some roof top chase ending with a leap of faith which instead of just landing in some hay you grab a chopper instead ... and all that is the OBVIOUS choice anyway. Still the rest of the games been great.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 28/12/2009 9:06:45 PM >

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 72
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 29/12/2009 10:52:26 PM   
gingerdaniel

I picked this up today, played it for about 30 mins, got 60G after pressing some buttons and walking out of the building. I hope i can get all 1000G!

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 73
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 30/12/2009 4:59:09 PM   
pedros

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

I picked this up today, played it for about 30 mins, got 60G after pressing some buttons and walking out of the building. I hope i can get all 1000G!

This is the only game that I have got 1000g on, so you should be able to do it!

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 74
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 31/12/2009 11:36:16 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: pedros

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

This is the only game that I have got 1000g on, so you should be able to do it!

The achievements don't look bad. The only one that looks like trouble is collecting all 100 feathers. I'm hoping they are all only outside? There are none on the indoor sections are there? It really should just tell you how many are left in each city/location.

I just got to Venice ... I missed my chance to hug Leonardo Da Vinci for everything that he has done for the world. I tried to reload that chapter by pressing start > DNA > Chapter 7 but I can't select it. I thought you could return to any part of the game you wanted to?

SPOILERS

I also just went through the Altair flashback. It was quite annoying trying to climb that tower as once you get to the ledge it's a bit glitchy. Usually if you are underneath a pole you can run up the wall and climb up. But you can't. You can't even stand on the ledge infront of it even though it's right there. In the end I had to run up the wall to the right of it and jump across. Stupid seeing as the pole is right there!

EDIT: Surprised you can't just duck on this game? To stealth around and hide. Or am I missing somthing?

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 31/12/2009 11:47:33 AM >

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 75
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 31/12/2009 11:45:02 AM   
pedros

It does tell you how many feathers are left in each city, if you go into the pause menu and have a look at your DNA bit. Collecting the feathers weren't too bad, though I do admit to using a guide for half of them. The only achievement which could prove difficult is the kicking the soldier from the hang glider thing - it's not at all hard but if you don't do it during that mission then you can't go back to it.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

Post #: 76
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 31/12/2009 11:59:52 AM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

The achievements don't look bad. The only one that looks like trouble is collecting all 100 feathers. I'm hoping they are all only outside? There are none on the indoor sections are there? It really should just tell you how many are left in each city/location.

Theres some sneaky feathers in Venice that hide under bridges but if you run around with Eagle Vision most are easy enough to spot. I got upto about 84 and then I found it really hard to spot any after that so I hit up google for a guide.

I also missed the hug with Da Vinci...he looked so dissapointed when I didn't lean in for it, felt kinda bad about it.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 77
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 31/12/2009 12:00:58 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

It does tell you how many feathers are left in each city, if you go into the pause menu and have a look at your DNA bit. Collecting the feathers weren't too bad, though I do admit to using a guide for half of them. The only achievement which could prove difficult is the kicking the soldier from the hang glider thing - it's not at all hard but if you don't do it during that mission then you can't go back to it.

So it does. That will help greatly. I'm only missing a few in the locations I have been so that's good. 46 left to go in Venice though.

I'll keep an eye out for that section too. Another question do you get anything to help you climb a bit higher? There are two buildings I want to climb up and I can't see how to get to the top of them. One is in Florence and it has a gylph on it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_
I also missed the hug with Da Vinci...he looked so dissapointed when I didn't lean in for it, felt kinda bad about it.

He looked crushed! Got to go back and give him a hug.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 31/12/2009 12:07:49 PM >

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 78
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 31/12/2009 12:11:48 PM   
Fletcher

quote:

quote:

So it does. That will help greatly. I'm only missing a few in the locations I have been so that's good. 46 left to go in Venice though.

I'll keep an eye out for that section too. Another question do you get anything to help you climb a bit higher? There are two buildings I want to climb up and I can't see how to get to the top of them. One is in Florence and it has a gylph on it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

He looked crushed! Got to go back and give him a hug.

Without spoiling it later on in the story you do gain the ability to do a jump grab.

'Oh come on! Everybody knows this man tried to stab me through the neck, and you MISSED!....... butter fingers!'

The Bunk is strictly a suit and tie motherfucker

Post #: 79
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 31/12/2009 12:26:41 PM   
the anomaly

I thought so. Cheers for that. It will stop me wasting time trying to climb up where I can't at the moment. I'm trying to clear each city as I go rather than leave as the story progresses. But if I can't get up those buildings then I will move on.

EDIT: Got it just now.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 31/12/2009 12:56:14 PM >

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 80
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 3/1/2010 9:56:47 PM   
juanvasquez

I've made a proper start on this now that I'm done with Uncharted 2.

So far I've just killed that annoying bankers son guy and I'm looking for 4 pieces of Codex. I can 3 of them, but I'm buggered if I can find the 4th. But so far so good. I'm enjoying it and already has much more to do than the first.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 81
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 3/1/2010 10:04:19 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Still loving this game. This and The Saboteur have been keeping my Xbox busy all christmas. It's a great game to lose yourself in for a few hours and there is so much to do. Not reached the flying mission yet but am in Venice.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 82
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 3/1/2010 10:56:22 PM   
CORLEONE

Played it a couple of times, not really got into it yet, having said that Ive not even got a knife so I guess I'm not very far into the game

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 83
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 3/1/2010 11:53:40 PM   
the anomaly

Almost finished the game and I've been enjoying it. The last few gylph puzzles have been a pain though. 

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 84
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 4/1/2010 2:18:39 PM   
krudler

Picked this up the other day, wasnt impressed by the first hour of it, mostly cos i fucking HATE "errand" missions, its unnecessary padding, "take this letter to such and such, then return here for another one!" bah, no place in games these days. It could have summed up everything you do in the first hour in one cutscene and jumped straight into the meat of the game without all the pointless to and froing,  Now that i have the villa and a few more skills and weapons its a lot more fun though, it fixed the majority of stuff that was wrong with the first game, although the combat still sucks, its just lock on, hit square, counter when guy lunges, repeat for every enemy you'll ever fight, yaaaawn. The indoor platforming sections are a bit niggly as well, outdoors the freerunning works brilliantly when you have a good run of things to leap onto, but when you're trying to get onto a small ledge in a cathedral or wherever its a pain in the ass at times, still a solid game though

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 85
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 5/1/2010 3:42:23 PM   
the anomaly

Completed this yesterday. I found the last glyph last night too. But I have not solved 4 of the puzzles. I'll have to do them when I rent it or buy it again. I traded it in today;

Game offered: £20 trade in
Gamestation offered: £20 trade in
CEX offered £28 so I went with them.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 86
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/1/2010 11:14:01 AM   
Chief

Completed this the other day (apart from feathers, statues & glyphs) and I thought it was a great game. A lot bigger than I thought it'd be.

I have noticed that I'm missing one weapon from my collection though. Looks like it's a mace of some sort. I've tried a shop in each district and it appears that I've bought them all. I did have a thought that it might be the one the Pope was swinging about but I've kicked his bead rattling ass and it still hasn't appeared.

Any ideas? Or do I have to search every shop?

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 87
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/1/2010 11:31:19 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

Still getting warmed up on this.  The mechanics feel much the same as the first, but the lack of the same rigid mission structure (pickpocket, eavesdrop, stabby-stabby, rinse, repeat) improves it no end.

quote:

Completed this yesterday. I found the last glyph last night too. But I have not solved 4 of the puzzles. I'll have to do them when I rent it or buy it again. I traded it in today;

Game offered: £20 trade in
Gamestation offered: £20 trade in
CEX offered £28 so I went with them.

If you'd've gone back to Gamestation with that info, they'd give you £29 for it.  Just saying...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 88
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/1/2010 12:02:24 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Completed this the other day (apart from feathers, statues & glyphs) and I thought it was a great game. A lot bigger than I thought it'd be.

I have noticed that I'm missing one weapon from my collection though. Looks like it's a mace of some sort. I've tried a shop in each district and it appears that I've bought them all. I did have a thought that it might be the one the Pope was swinging about but I've kicked his bead rattling ass and it still hasn't appeared.

Any ideas? Or do I have to search every shop?

If you collect 50 feathers a new weapon becomes available. It must be that.

Did anyone unlock all the glyph puzzles without using the in game advice that appears if you stay on the same puzzle for ages? I've done 16 of them without any help. I had four left and I had no clue what to do. I thought they were pretty harsh. I'll have to do them when I pick up the game later.

quote:

If you'd've gone back to Gamestation with that info, they'd give you £29 for it.  Just saying...

I didn't think shops were bothered about beating trade in prices anymore. Gamestation was right next door! It's ok anyway as I traded in for MW2 and it was cheaper in CEX.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 89
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 6/1/2010 12:08:59 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

I didn't think shops were bothered about beating trade in prices anymore. Gamestation was right next door! It's ok anyway as I traded in for MW2 and it was cheaper in CEX.

Fair enough with that mate.  I'm such a cheap bastard, I'll try and rinse every penny I can out of them! 

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI