Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Assassin's Creed 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 10/6/2009 7:12:47 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Man, I'm actually envious that so many people like the original.

I wish my standards were set that low.

Are you really envious of people who found joy in a game that got you to repeat the same three tasks again and again and again, whilst being forced to watch cutscenes. The idea had so much promise but delivered so little, a lot would have to be improved to make the second one a purchase for me.

What really makes me laugh when looking back at the first one though, was clearly even the developers at Ubisoft believed the cutscenes were boring, hence the inclusion of the "glitches" that they made you look out for and press a button whenever you saw them.

If they want me to buy the second one, they'll firstly need to get rid of the crap in the lab or at least make that gameplay worthwhile, the cut scenes were so boring that finding out little secrets to the story in these boring sections in the lab weren't appealing at all as I didn't care about the story anymore.

They'd need to improve the fighting so that you weren't just forced into doing counter attack, after counter attack, after counter attack.

They'd need to add a hell of a lot more things to do and remove the repetition of your tasks, sitting on a bench and listening to two people talk for the 20th time was not entertaining in the slightest.

The fluidity of the gameplay, to be fair the complete continuity of the free running must be hard to do and is somewhat impressive, but they need to improve the fluidity of it all, make it so you can do some types of aerial attacks while running. Also a little more involvement would be nice, they could take a leaf out of Mirror's Edge's book there, ducking while jumping to make longer jumps or to make it over that slightly higher wall and the ability to land and roll/land and slide to dodge obstacles and people would be brilliant.

Get rid of the stupid speed limit on your horse if we use horses again, and get rid of those damn stupid insane people and beggars who do nothing else but annoy you, pushing you and laughing or begging you for money whilst getting in the way, all with the same voice everytime, I don't see how anyone could possibly see that as a good inclusion, that benefited the game.

I'm gonna wait and see what they annouce with regards to improvements, and maybe hope there's a demo.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 10/6/2009 7:15:33 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 31
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 10/6/2009 7:19:02 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Are you really envious of people who found joy in a game that got you to repeat the same three tasks again and again and again, whilst being forced to watch cutscenes. The idea had so much promise but delivered so little, a lot would have to be improved to make the second one a purchase for me.

What really makes me laugh when looking back at the first one though, was clearly even the developers at Ubisoft believed the cutscenes were boring, hence the inclusion of the "glitches" that they made you look out for and press a button whenever you saw them.

If they want me to buy the second one, they'll firstly need to get rid of the crap in the lab or at least make that gameplay worthwhile, the cut scenes were so boring that finding out little secrets to the story in these boring sections in the lab weren't appealing at all as I didn't care about the story anymore.

They'd need to improve the fighting so that you weren't just forced into doing counter attack, after counter attack, after counter attack.

They'd need to add a hell of a lot more things to do and remove the repetition of your tasks, sitting on a bench and listening to two people talk for the 20th time was not entertaining in the slightest.

The fluidity of the gameplay, to be fair the complete continuity of the free running must be hard to do and is somewhat impressive, but they need to improve the fluidity of it all, make it so you can do some types of aerial attacks while running. Also a little more involvement would be nice, they could take a leaf out of Mirror's Edge's book there, ducking while jumping to make longer jumps or to make it over that slightly higher wall and the ability to land and roll/land and slide to dodge obstacles and people would be brilliant.

Get rid of the stupid speed limit on your horse if we use horses again, and get rid of those damn stupid insane people and beggars who do nothing else but annoy you, pushing you and laughing or begging you for money whilst getting in the way, all with the same voice everytime, I don't see how anyone could possibly see that as a good inclusion, that benefited the game.

I'm gonna wait and see what they annouce with regards to improvements, and maybe hope there's a demo.

Nope, not at all, I was being facetious. In fact I totally agree with everything in your post, I just couldn't be arsed typing it .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 32
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 10/6/2009 8:07:59 PM   
richCie

quote:

quote:

that bit for sure has been changed, and changed alot, there's 16 different types of side missions and i think theyre optional. theres 100 main missions and 100 side missions aswell.

fighting is changing alot as well, and aerial attacks are in (SWEET).

i agree the cutscenes need to be made skippable though.

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

Post #: 33
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 11/6/2009 11:21:30 AM   
Comrade Zutroy

Haven't seen this posted yet but here's the full trailer.  Pretty cool.

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/#/video/5693

If there were no rewards to reap,
no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.

I'm gonna wait it out

"It's a day spa, you fuck!"

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 34
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 23/6/2009 2:24:18 PM   
Marky_Mark

I say goddaaaaym...... that is a lovely trailer.

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Comrade Zutroy)
Post #: 35
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 23/6/2009 6:01:40 PM   
juanvasquez

I watched a gameplay demo last night and they have certainly tweaked a few things. The combat looks better, as do the stealth kills, which seem a lot better this time. The graphics weren't finished completely but it still looked really nice.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 36
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 11/11/2009 12:47:28 AM   
Comrade Zutroy

Surprised there's not more talk on here about this game seeing as it's coming out next week.  I, for one, can't wait.  IGN has a pretty cool preview article up about it here http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1037089p1.html

Some of the new additions sound great like being able to steal weapons from guards, a monetary system and your own town! (I say, sounds great, may play out to be tedious)

I've been playing the original for the last three hours in preparation for this and have also booked 4 days off work next week to play it. Anybody pre-ordered the special editions?

I'm gonna wait it out

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 37
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 11/11/2009 9:03:51 AM   
DJ Satan

I've got the special edition on pre-order and cannot wait. I've been avoiding most info about it as I want it all to be a surprise when I play it.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

Post #: 38
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 11/11/2009 9:56:33 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Ok, I knew nothing of this game, paid very little attention to it, mainly because the first showed promise but was so dull, I couldn't see how they could improve it. But having just seen the trailer, I'm definitely getting this on Friday, one of the main reasons strangely is something pretty much unrelated to gameplay or improvements/additions on the first, it was the inclusion of Florence, it looked nigh on perfect particularly the Santa Maria Novella, I'd like to play it just to venture the streets, go down the streets I've walked down etc see how similar it is to how it is today (minus any modern buildings). Seems a bit weird but other than some New York based games and possibly the Getaway, very few games have been set in places I've ever been to, seems quite cool that I'll already know the majority of the map before I even play it.

I also liked the inclusion of that Assassin's villa (not sure what they called it) where all your weapons etc are stored, providing you can use those weapons it'll add a whole new dimension to the game.

And does anyone know much about the menu system? It looked as if there was a level select style menu... Any reason for that? I'm assuming it's not though, is it more just looking at data/info you've collected on the places?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 39
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 11/11/2009 2:25:55 PM   
Comrade Zutroy

quote:

seems quite cool that I'll already know the majority of the map before I even play it.

That sounds awesome.  All I need now is a developer to make a game involving Dublin City center and I'll get that feeling too.

Glad to see it's peaked your interest, SHP

I'm gonna wait it out

Post #: 40
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 12/11/2009 1:57:54 AM   
richCie

theres an xbox magazine with a review of the game but i cant find it online and cant remember wat the mag was called - just saw it in a shop...
anyone heard anything?

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

Post #: 41
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 12/11/2009 10:22:03 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Check Metacritic, they'll have the name of it if tgey've reviewed it.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 42
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 12/11/2009 10:57:17 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

Official Xbox Magazine UK:
The first Assassin's Creed's charm was in the sumptuous graphics and straightforward action - that incredible climbing and free-running, and the visceral thrill of stapling evil people to the dirt with a wristblade. With AC2 the rest of the game has caught up with the brilliance of those central ideas to create a complete and coherent experience. We can think of plenty of words that could describe Assassin's Creed 2 - involving, exciting, cinematic - but there's only one word that sums it up beautifully. Killer. [Dec 2009, p.74]

Post #: 43
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 12/11/2009 11:16:23 AM   
pablodiabloescobar

The words 'offiicial xbox magazine' make me question that review... think i'll wait for Eurogamers view on it before making a decision whether to buy it this side of Christmas

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 44
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 17/11/2009 5:28:31 PM   
Comrade Zutroy

Reviews are up

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1046072p2.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/assassins-creed-ii-console-review

Looking very good

I'm gonna wait it out

(in reply to pablodiabloescobar)
Post #: 45
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 11:59:57 AM   
gingerdaniel

The first one did get a bit samey, but i want the new one!

Anyone got a good price? ASDA online it's 36, most other places are 39.99. I dont have much money!

Do you run? Check THIS out

Post #: 46
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 12:01:45 PM   
Peter Griffin

If it's 39 in most places will probarbly trade some games in.
After tomorrow i'm off till tuesday so will be hammering this.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 47
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 3:36:15 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Comrade Zutroy

quote:

seems quite cool that I'll already know the majority of the map before I even play it.

That sounds awesome.  All I need now is a developer to make a game involving Dublin City center and I'll get that feeling too.

Glad to see it's peaked your interest, SHP

Just looked into it some more, should have clicked that it was all in Italy, yet it didn't. Venice being included, yet another town I will know my way around, I'll know all of the map but the Tuscany countryside. Only downside is Venice is probably the most boring place on earth, however I guess being able to free run around it might improve it's entertainment value.

Watched a couple of videos and read the Eurogamer review, I'm actually quite excited about buying this tomorrow, can't believe I'm opting for it over Left 4 Dead 2, a game I was anticipating so much, but MW2 has filled my shooting void.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 19/11/2009 3:37:05 PM >

Post #: 48
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 3:40:27 PM   
jediwarrior

Shopto delivered my copy yesterday. I've not started it yet. Can you play early or does microsoft do anything if you do?

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 49
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 4:46:35 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Shopto delivered my copy yesterday. I've not started it yet. Can you play early or does microsoft do anything if you do?

No its perfectly safe! I know what you mean with the reports that playing early is noticed by M$ but that's weeks early not a few days. Besides if its a legit copy there's no problem whatsoever.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 50
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 5:37:34 PM   
Scott_

Really, really want this but I've ran out of games I can trade in, I don't imagine I'd get much for Assassins Creed or the Special Edition Mass Effect. I don't want to buy it (full price anyway) because it will ruin my streak of not paying actual english pounds for games this year.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 51
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 8:45:28 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

No its perfectly safe! I know what you mean with the reports that playing early is noticed by M$ but that's weeks early not a few days. Besides if its a legit copy there's no problem whatsoever.

Thanks newlegs. I was surprise it turned up on Wednesday

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 52
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 19/11/2009 8:54:57 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

Just because you didn't like it, it doesn't mean your standards are higher. You just like different games.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 53
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/11/2009 12:20:13 PM   
Peter Griffin

Just traded in Fallout 3 & Batman and got it for 20 dinks, not bad.
Hurry up 2.30...

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 54
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/11/2009 12:40:50 PM   
UTB

I'm very tempted to get this... I didn't actually like the first one that much but what I didn't like about it looks to have been changed and I might just give it another go... 

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 55
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/11/2009 12:42:30 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

Just traded in Fallout 3 & Batman and got it for 20 dinks, not bad.
Hurry up 2.30...

presses SLOW TIME switch

Mwhahahahah

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 56
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/11/2009 1:02:03 PM   
DJ Satan

My copy of the Black edition turned up today. It is Sweeet!

Only problem is that I probably won't be able to play it until December.

I just watched the gameplay trailer again and it looks so good.

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 57
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/11/2009 1:38:44 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

MW2 has filled my shooting void.

Ooh'er - sounds bad in so many ways!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 58
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/11/2009 7:52:34 PM   
From_Hell

To anyone who's played this already, do I need to have played the first game to understand what's going on in Assassin's Creed II?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 59
RE: Assassin's Creed 2 - 20/11/2009 8:32:51 PM   
Comrade Zutroy

Ideally, I'd say yes.  This one carries on straight from the end of the first one so if you want to keep up with the story then it's probably best.  Alternatively, you could just watch this;

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14302493/assassins-creed-2/videos/acprimer_spc_102309.html

In terms of the controls, well, you'd just pick them up like you would any other game although playing the first game gives you a good idea what to expect from it.

Finally got a copy and have been playing for the last couple of hours.  I think the buzz word here is "big".  Everything's so expansive.  Like I say, been playing for a couple of hours and I'm only now leaving the first "area".  It's huge!

I'm gonna wait it out

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI