Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 7/4/2009 8:48:20 AM   
VijayUK

Has there been a modern horror re-make that was good? I'm thinking Psycho, Texas Chainsaw, Friday 13th, etc. This Elm St. remake has f'd-up written all over it, a sad attempt at trying to make money.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 7/4/2009 1:36:57 PM   
bozzy

Excellent casting choice, and as a huge Freddy fan i cant wait, my one concern though is the writer i mean look at his credentials i think that is going to be the films downfall, dont see why they dont give Wes Craven the writing duties would be a hell of a lot better as New Nightmare was damn fine.

Post #: 32
regurgitation - 8/4/2009 2:37:30 AM   
staypuft2

is there anything getting released soon that's not a remake/reboot/sequel/comic book adaptation? pfffft. im living only cos i know avatar's lurking somewhere on the horizon, and it better be fucking amazing, that's all i'm saying.

Post #: 33
WATCHMEN THE FU**? - 8/4/2009 8:10:13 PM   
Horrorguru

it might of been influential to you it certainly was not influential to me, it was bloated pap.
i respect Alan Moore, bet he was glad he had his name removed from the cinematic travesty.
it was bits of batman, bits of X-Men and bits of The punisher all chucked into a blender, WATCHMEN failed.

Post #: 34
don't get it either - 9/4/2009 5:51:19 PM   
Dirty_harry

Hello.
Robert Englund is freddy.End of.

Post #: 35
THIS IS A DISGRACE!!! LEAVE ANOES ALONE! - 9/4/2009 6:55:03 PM   
princemadonna

Screw all these re-makes!! NOES is a fucjin classic! I'm disgusted and will boycott it - it just proves Robert could have played the role!!!!! No-one will surpass the original masterpiece. Hollywood and especially PLatinum Dunes suck!!! All their movies are crap money making machines. Go fuck urselves PD!

Post #: 36
- 10/4/2009 9:09:13 AM   
maelzch

I dont mind a Nightmare on Elm remake, in fact im quite looking forward to it. But without Robert Englund, it just wont be the same!

I'm guessing he was asked first and turned it down, leading me to think it'll be lame. Which is a shame

Post #: 37
Ideal Casting - 10/4/2009 6:30:48 PM   
john o callaghan

i did'nt want to see this until Jackie Earle Haley was announced as freddy this is showing some promise,

Post #: 38
Oh no not another copy cat re-make - 13/4/2009 1:59:05 PM   
cornflake180

Is this going to be another copy cat remake (chainsaw massacre, Friday 13th, Psycho, hills have eyes etc), if so whats the point non of the the ones mentioned had anything new to add, they were no better than the originals, Nightmare on Elm st was a low budget gore fest, classic 80's style teenage horror flick , Robert Englund was Freddie Kruger, its not as if this was some classic character from a novel or a comic book that can be interpreted in different ways.

If on the other hand this is a new/original story good luck to them, but (and I hope im wrong) I doubt it very much

Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI