Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Star Trek Sequel Already In Development

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Trek Sequel Already In Development Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Trek Sequel Already In Development - 31/3/2009 8:36:07 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Hmm... - 31/3/2009 8:36:07 AM   
Silvertouch

Lindelof's involvement will make this so much better, but I'm more interested in other projects he has lined up *coughDarkTowercough* in the future.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Bring Back Shatner - 31/3/2009 8:45:32 AM   
SeanValen

I think Shatner deserves one more stab at Kirk, I hope somehow that can include him. Even if it's playing perhaps a flashback to Kirk's father.

Post #: 3
Bring Back Shatner? - 31/3/2009 10:03:56 AM   
Nicky C

Worst idea ever! Why not bring back Connery as Bond while you're at it, or 're-imagine' The Saint, but with Roger Moore in it again? The fact that so many Trekkies have problems looking to the future is just too ironic to comprehend.

I'd like to see Abrams do something more personal after this. Mission Impossible, then Star Trek? Enough with the franchises.

Post #: 4
RE: Hmm... - 31/3/2009 10:16:22 AM   
His Dudeness

I definately agree with Silvertouch that Lindelof will make it better, but their are more "interesting" projects out there....pardon me I have something stuck in my throat *~#DarkTower#~* aah not quite gone !!?RolandofGilead?!!@ Excuse Me

The dude abides....

(in reply to Silvertouch)
Post #: 5
Screw the fan reaction... - 31/3/2009 2:01:54 PM   
exandakane

Wait and see if its a decent film at all before considering a sequel. Avid fans, in an ideal utopia, would be the best judge, but in reality they spout more crap than a Horne and Corden phone conversation - and considering its Star Trek fans being talked about, you know you can't trust their judgement; it's Star Trek for christ sake. It's rubbish!

Post #: 6
Hardly a surprise. - 31/3/2009 3:09:05 PM   
Scotch

Lets be honest, this cannot be a shock to anybody. In making a new Star Trek you have to believe that the producers are looking for a series of at least 3 movies. It would have to be a major box office disaster for them not to make a sequel.

Post #: 7
Bring back KHHHHHHAAAAN!!!!!!! - 31/3/2009 3:18:16 PM   
jackcarter

yeah lets have the return of Khan so Star Trek '2' has him in too....a big budget remake of Space Seed - but veers off in a different direction (as its a diff timeline) with elements of TWOK so like a remake of both? ....Khan is the most popular movie and villian in the trekverse after all Paramount knows trekkies obsession with him, it could put some serious bums on seats..

Javier Barhem as Khan?

whatever they do i guess itd be called "Star Trek: whatever" like the TNG movies..i cant see the roman numerals coming back or it being called Star Trek '2'...unless they go TDK route and call it 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' or 'Prime Directive' or something...

I wonder if Abrams will direct again..or just produce and have someone like the Cloverfield director do it? maybe Spielberg is itching it direct a Trek movie like he was 007 and Star Wars? (wasnt allowed to do Bond so made Raiders instead...plus was slated to direct Jedi but it fell through due to Lucas and the DGA and was going to direct a prequel until Lucas changed his mind and did em all) He liked the ST script and visted the set and helped direct a scene plus hes never directed a space set SF movie

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 31/3/2009 3:25:37 PM >

(in reply to exandakane)
Post #: 8
RE: Bring back KHHHHHHAAAAN!!!!!!! - 31/3/2009 3:21:04 PM   
Timon

Carter, are you insane? Don't start remaking everything. Down, boy. Bad Carter.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 9
What is Star Trek? - 31/3/2009 3:28:52 PM   
His Dudeness

I've never really liked Star Trek, I've watched a handfull of the Next Gen tv programme when my then housemate would make me watch it. I just used to smoke untill I forgot watch I was watching, wondering whether Data was actually part Fish (he did have weird shaped eyes)

But the trailer for this film does look good but it could turn out to be pure Donkey Balls.......which is not good

The dude abides....

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 10
RE: What is Star Trek? - 31/3/2009 3:36:34 PM   
JIm R

Tell the back story to the kick off that was told in back story in the original sequel, the origins of Khan v Kirk

(in reply to His Dudeness)
Post #: 11
RE: What is Star Trek? - 31/3/2009 3:51:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Tell the back story to the kick off that was told in back story in the original sequel, the origins of Khan v Kirk

You mean the Star Trek: The Original Series episode Space Seed? I don't think they would remake that episode.

Actully I hope they leave Khan well alone - its something which can never be bettered and frankly would feel like a stunt. Lets have new villians.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 12
RE: What is Star Trek? - 31/3/2009 4:06:07 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

You mean the Star Trek: The Original Series episode Space Seed? I don't think they would remake that episode.

Actully I hope they leave Khan well alone - its something which can never be bettered and frankly would feel like a stunt. Lets have new villians.

Sorry, rather cack handed way of putting it by me originally but yes

Or go for Klingons

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 13
RE: What is Star Trek? - 31/3/2009 4:07:21 PM   
HIM

The last thing this new franchise needs is to start following template of the old franchise. Otherwise, what's the point in watching the new stuff that's basically the same as the old stuff? It needs to go somwhere that's right for this franchise, even if that means completely disregarding what's gone before.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 14
RE: What is Star Trek? - 31/3/2009 4:08:35 PM   
Timon

Star Trek currently has what it's never had before. A budget. I say take full advantage of that. Take us to new worlds and new civilisations, take us where no man has gone before.

As opposed to... what we've seen before.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 15
Never been a Trekkie! - 1/4/2009 5:22:25 PM   
tallaght24

But my god this trailer looks ace!

Post #: 16
RE: Bring back KHHHHHHAAAAN!!!!!!! - 1/4/2009 5:24:30 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

I wonder if Abrams will direct again..or just produce and have someone like the Cloverfield director do it? maybe Spielberg is itching it direct a Trek movie like he was 007 and Star Wars?

I reckon Bryan Singer would happily direct a Trek movie, though one of the JJ posse like Matt Reeves will probably end up doing it.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 17
RE: Bring back KHHHHHHAAAAN!!!!!!! - 1/4/2009 5:36:06 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

I reckon Bryan Singer would happily direct a Trek movie, though one of the JJ posse like Matt Reeves will probably end up doing it.

I'd happily never watch another Bryan Singer film again.

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 18
RE: Bring back KHHHHHHAAAAN!!!!!!! - 1/4/2009 11:40:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

I wonder if Abrams will direct again..or just produce and have someone like the Cloverfield director do it? maybe Spielberg is itching it direct a Trek movie like he was 007 and Star Wars?

I think Singer would be a pretty good fit for a Trek film. He works far better with ensembles and has a certian flair about him -  as long as he remembers to bring the fun with him.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 19
RE:Bring Back The KLINGONS - 13/4/2009 3:36:15 PM   
MasterChief19

If this is a good movie maybe the next should show the crew of the Enterprise fight klingons

Post #: 20
Bring back the Tribbles! - 11/5/2009 1:06:10 PM   
croninja

The ship can be overrun with the small furry critters who breed really fast with hilarious consequences! Who said Star Trek had to be high-brow?

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Star Trek Sequel Already In Development Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI