Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Wonderful, daft, and hugelyfunny

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Wonderful, daft, and hugelyfunny Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wonderful, daft, and hugelyfunny - 4/2/2010 9:51:36 AM   
The Voice of Fate

What a mean spirited review - criticisng a comedy for being funny and for not having enough dark conflict and angst - Ho Hum, usual Empire predilictions showing again - you must be a very dour lot in the office... My family laughed their socks off. Fantastic ensemble, fantastic writing, great filming - a classic, as you will eventually understand...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Wonderful, daft, and hugelyfunny - 3/5/2011 12:09:51 AM   
KeithM

The Boat That Rocked

Apart from being a candidate for Best Soundtrack Ever, this is a breezy comedy drama about a pirate radio station during the 60s, sticking it to the man and giving people what they want to hear - rock 'n' roll baby yeah. A proper ensemble piece which tries to pay justice to each character (as much as is possible), and, as I felt I knew enough about each of them to care about the resolution of their collective and personal stories by the end, it works reasonably well, if occasionally a bit hit and miss. It's more about the journey of these particular characters set against the backdrop of the pirate radio era than an accurate historical representation of any particular 'real' people or events, and overall I thought it was reasonably enjoyable.

7/10

(in reply to The Voice of Fate)
Post #: 32
Meh. - 10/10/2011 12:53:40 PM   
DarbyDaresYou

Well I actually rather liked it, its a typical Sunday afternoon movie. I laughed so much and the actors were very honest and believable. Admittedly there are bits that were rather slow and could do with some work and there were points where the ending could've been put. But it weren't a bad film! -not a masterpiece but not one for the bin at least.

Post #: 33
Why the hating? - 10/1/2012 7:53:39 PM   
Swedle

come on! i don't understand the bad reviews! it's classic Curtis, funny, a little quirky, and containing some of the finest music of the 50s/60s, and some brilliant acting. I really could make a bigger effort with this review but i'm tired and going to watch notting hill

Post #: 34
Instant Classic - 29/8/2013 9:57:53 AM   
bereski

If you called that a misfire, EMPIRE, it is probably time to stop buying you. And no, Man of Steel is no 4-stars experience. It's fucking moronic.

Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Wonderful, daft, and hugelyfunny Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI