Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Horrific News - All shocking news stories in here.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Horrific News - All shocking news stories in here. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Horrific News - All shocking news stories in here. - 30/3/2009 3:38:36 AM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/794983/us-man-beheads-five-year-old-sister

Just like the attack on the creche in Belgium a couple of months ago, this is totally shocking.

< Message edited by Squidward Hark Bugle -- 30/3/2009 5:39:04 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 3:44:03 AM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

And there's also this, which includes a summary of the most shocking murder stories of the past few months: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=794957

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 2
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 7:39:21 AM   
JoeyPottr

The news is shit, they have nothing even remotely good to report and this is just sick.

wandering through the tall grass of life

Post #: 3
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 9:01:48 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

What exactly is the point of posting this? Not a direct attack on you Squidward but what are people hoping to achieve by reading about these sort of attacks?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 4
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 12:25:20 PM   
DJ Satan

At my last job, every lunch time the receptionist would walk over to my desk, grab the Sun that belonged to the guy who sat opposite, and the proceeded to read out the saddest stories while standing over me, bemoaning the state of society and saying she didn't understand how people could commit these acts. Every lunch time.

I couldn't understand why she would keep reading these stories if they kept upsetting her.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 5
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 3:16:23 PM   
Gamba

Sometimes I think I'll start a newspaper / website with only good stories - stories designed to brighten your day, motivate you, and make you see all that's good in the world.......

...... but then I realise it's a crap idea 'cause noone would read it.

Sometimes I look up and think, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....

.... and then it hits me...

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 6
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 3:23:05 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gamba

Sometimes I think I'll start a newspaper / website with only good stories - stories designed to brighten your day, motivate you, and make you see all that's good in the world.......

Are you in my favour?

Any happenings in the world as significant or different (in some ways) as this should be known.

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 7
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 3:45:23 PM   
Gamba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gamba

Are you in my favour?

Any happenings in the world as significant or different (in some ways) as this should be known.

Well I agree that events like this certainly shouldn't be ignored - if someone's decapitated a member of my family I'd be pretty devastated if the world just shrugged their shoulders and turned away.

However I do understand the argument that it's not good to focus on all the bad things in the world. If you continuously read stories like this, you'll be left with a really sad perception of this world we live in, and that's no good to you at all. We'll all be depressed, scared and angry all the time (like Daily Mail readers). I think people like reading scary stories like this though - either to make themselves think "yeah I'm right, life IS shit" or because it makes them feel, "At least my life isn't as bad as that". That's why I think my "good news" website idea would be doomed to failure. People just wouldn't find it as satisfying.

I once had a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses turn up on my doorstep and ask me "Aren't you concerned about what's happening in the world today? Don't you think it's terrible that more and more violence is occuring? etc etc".
I responded - "Actually I think the world isn't that bad, and there's lots of wonderful things in life. I think it's just the media scaring us all with this violence".
It was kinda funny; the Jehovah's witness didn't have a response to that. She just got huffy with me and said "ooooh I wish I lived in your happy little world" and I just smiled and said thanks for stopping by and shut the door.

I know there's a lot of terrible stuff in this world, and I know my life could turn to shit tomorrow, but for the moment I just tell myself how lucky I am. Sometimes I'll read stories like the ones you quoted, either out of curiosity or cause they make me feel better about my own life. But other times I avoid them, cause I don't want to feel like the whole world is full of violent maniacs.

< Message edited by Gamba -- 30/3/2009 3:46:50 PM >

Sometimes I look up and think, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....

.... and then it hits me...

Post #: 8
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 4:00:19 PM   
Rgirvan44

Things started going wrong in the world when ITN News at Ten stopped doing the "And Another Thing.." stories at the end of the programme.

People went to bed feeling good about life because they had just seen a monkey on a surf board.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Gamba)
Post #: 9
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 4:33:54 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Things started going wrong in the world when ITN News at Ten stopped doing the "And Another Thing.." stories at the end of the programme.

People went to bed feeling good about life because they had just seen a monkey on a surf board.

Yes, they were called Good News Stories, and the reason was exactly that.
After half an hour of depressing viewing the amusing story cheered up the viewer and made them tune in again.

Perhaps we should have an Horrific News-story thread where this kind of filth can be put. It is unsettling even just to read the title.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 10
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 5:28:37 PM   
hairpiece

Negative news stories will always have more pull than anything else. Its a sad state of affairs when people want to watch/read about horrific things happening the world over. Take this story, as horrific as it is, its one incident in the entire world. Surely there have been alot of very GOOD things happening but they won't get the coverage, because it hasn't got the shock factor!

Just read that story in full.. words fail me really, its certainly got the shock factor.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 11
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 5:37:53 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Yes, they were called Good News Stories, and the reason was exactly that.
After half an hour of depressing viewing the amusing story cheered up the viewer and made them tune in again.

Perhaps we should have an Horrific News-story thread where this kind of filth can be put. It is unsettling even just to read the title.

That's a good idea. I could just make this one it, and change the title of the thread, as even I'm sick of being reminded of that particular atrocity.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 12
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 8:18:12 PM   
UTB

This is just horrendous... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7971778.stm 

Post #: 13
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 10:12:41 PM   
Fleur

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

This is just horrendous... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7971778.stm 

Oh God! I Wish I hadn't clicked that. I won't sleep tonight

"There's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... Me."

panicmoon.blogspot.com

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 14
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 30/3/2009 10:19:42 PM   
Woger

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/28/AR2009032801936.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Fleur)
Post #: 15
RE: US man beheads five-year-old sister. - 31/3/2009 12:59:27 PM   
Beno

quote:

Every Sunday on Sky News via the red button they have a feature called 'Seven Days' which shows all the lighter stories of the week .... its essential viewing in ours every Sunday ... check it out .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> Horrific News - All shocking news stories in here. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI