Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 26/11/2009 8:21:54 PM   
spamandham

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

'And as for Tim in fucking Rislip, hes fucking dead as well, that fucking texting coward. Give me the fucking number of Tim in Rislip, if you dont give me his number, you know what I'm going to have to do, I'm going to have to go to fucking Rislip and snap the thumb and forefinger of ever single person I see who I think resembles the kind of wanker who I think would be walking about in this day and fucking age with a name like fucking Tim!'

This was especially biting for me, as I actually know a Tim who is indeed from Ruislip. Lovely bloke though...

Did Malcolm eat that whole cake?

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 91
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 27/11/2009 1:13:57 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamandham

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

'And as for Tim in fucking Rislip, hes fucking dead as well, that fucking texting coward. Give me the fucking number of Tim in Rislip, if you dont give me his number, you know what I'm going to have to do, I'm going to have to go to fucking Rislip and snap the thumb and forefinger of ever single person I see who I think resembles the kind of wanker who I think would be walking about in this day and fucking age with a name like fucking Tim!'

This was especially biting for me, as I actually know a Tim who is indeed from Ruislip. Lovely bloke though...

Did Malcolm eat that whole cake?

No. He gave a small slither to his receptionist.

I thought Richard Bacon was really entertaining on last week's episode.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 92
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 3/12/2009 9:56:06 PM   
demoncleaner

"When I need your opinion I'll give you the signal...and the signal will be me being sectioned under the fucking Mental Health Act".

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 93
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 5/12/2009 11:34:05 PM   
nutteronabus

Crikey. How fucking good was that?

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 94
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 12:49:09 AM   
Ethanial

Beautiful.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 95
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 1:49:04 PM   
mafyou

Incredible episode.

What is going to happen next week? Will Malcolm make a swift return? Surely not.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 96
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 2:05:52 PM   
Goodfella

I missed last night's episode, I have to watch it on i-player.

I don't want to know but I'm disturbed by this talk of "Malcolm not returning."

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 97
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 2:29:46 PM   
Riddick_J

'The ghost of Christmas shit' Great line. 
Really good episode last night.

I'm not saying i don't trust you and I'm not saying i do, but i don't.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 98
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 4:37:11 PM   
KennyM

that last 5 minutes was arguably the best 5 mins over the whole 3 series....absolutely brilliant. I have no doubts we will see him again

< Message edited by KennyM -- 6/12/2009 4:41:30 PM >

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 99
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 6:50:22 PM   
elzupasmonkey

Don't know it if was deliberate or not, but when Steve asked to have a word with Malcolm, at the end, the sound seemed to mute out any extraneous noise and I immediately thought 'fuck, he's going!'

< Message edited by elzupasmonkey -- 6/12/2009 7:15:14 PM >

http://tiny.cc/odytmw

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 100
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 7:12:18 PM   
Epiphany Demon

That was fucking superb. The first half hour was just packed with laughs, and then it turned into genuine, brilliantly acted drama.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to elzupasmonkey)
Post #: 101
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 8:47:54 PM   
Alabama

The tension in the last five minutes were immense! I can't wait for the second part, no really, put it on TV Now

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 102
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 6/12/2009 8:48:55 PM   
Reidy

'They're journalists, not Rangers supporters'. The Celtic fan in me was quite amused by that line.

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 103
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/12/2009 12:28:02 AM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Just superb, and love that David Haig is in there, one guy whos just great when he loses it 

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 104
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/12/2009 12:38:53 AM   
Rgirvan44

Great great episode.

What I loved was that little moment where Tucker protected his assistant from the "handlers". Its a side of him you don't think about, but looking back he treated her with as much respect as was possible for him. No matter how much of a git he is, I am glad they threw that little moment in there, really made it all the worse.

I also liked the implication that while others were celebrating, Murray kinda new at the very end that they were screwed without him.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 105
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/12/2009 4:42:37 AM   
nutteronabus

I met Peter Capaldi tonight (who was bizarrely one of the nicest people I've ever met!), and he told me that he actually doesn't know how the series is going to end. Apparently they shot a few different endings, and he won't know which one is used until it's broadcast.

He also said that there will be another series, but he doesn't know whether or not Malcolm will be in it - especially given that it'll most likely focus upon the new government.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 106
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/12/2009 12:19:28 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Great great episode.

What I loved was that little moment where Tucker protected his assistant from the "handlers". Its a side of him you don't think about, but looking back he treated her with as much respect as was possible for him. No matter how much of a git he is, I am glad they threw that little moment in there, really made it all the worse.

I also liked the implication that while others were celebrating, Murray kinda new at the very end that they were screwed without him.

I loved that moment too.  Seeing him as more of a human just made it all the worse. I felt really sorry for him at the end. 

nutteronabus, wow lucky you! How did you manage to swing that? Thanks for the info.  It's interesting that they've filmed a few different endings.

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 107
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/12/2009 2:45:40 PM   
nutteronabus

I was at the British Independent Film Awards, where he was nominated for In the Loop.

I don't often get star struck, but to find myself talking to Malcolm Tucker and then seeing Stringer Bell across the room just about did it.

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 108
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 8/12/2009 3:22:41 PM   
Goodfella

I've changed the title of this thread to series 3. I still technically think it's series 2 though, that's what it was intially announced as 'Rise of the Nutters' and 'Spinners and Losers' weren't the offical second series, but rather extended specials.

The last two episodes were great.

"Make sure Nicola doesn't top herself, make sure Ben does."

"If this is recorded spam I'm going to find you and burst your fucking lungs."

"This is an acutely private moment Julius. Would you deem it incredibly rude of me if I asked you to shit off!"

"I would kill you but I'd have to add you to the figures."

I can't believe Malcolm has gone, it cannot be. It simply cannot be.

Post #: 109
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 8/12/2009 4:03:18 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

"You've gone from being the man people love to hate to the man people just hate. Simon Cowell to Piers Morgan."

This was the best half hour of TV I've seen this year.

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 110
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 8/12/2009 4:31:56 PM   
Rgirvan44

Would be interesting if they pulled a Alan Partiage and took put Tucker into a different format.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Vertigo...Woo.Yay.)
Post #: 111
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 8/12/2009 4:34:41 PM   
Goodfella

Money on Jamie showing up in episode eight as Tucker's weapon of revenge?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 112
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 11/12/2009 10:50:12 AM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Would be interesting if they pulled a Alan Partiage and took put Tucker into a different format.

Maybe as a hotel manager in Torquay?

Fucking Fawlty Fucking Towers.

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 113
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 11/12/2009 12:18:28 PM   
nutteronabus

I'd like to see him turn up as a judge on X Factor. But only if it was the real one.

(in reply to Vertigo...Woo.Yay.)
Post #: 114
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 11/12/2009 5:00:42 PM   
Ethanial

"You're as fucking talented as the arse of everyone sittin' on this panel tonight, go fuck off back to whatever cunt town you hail from, shut that fuckin' trap and learn your place behind the fucking deep fat fryer at fucking MacDonalds"
I'd watch it, 8pm on ITV1, right? :D

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

Post #: 115
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 12/12/2009 4:38:59 PM   
elab49

Possible Spoilery Speculation

I've read something about a super secret guest star tonight - RT is saying nought. My other half is thinking Hollander - I wondered Coogan. It is apparently a very well known face so I guess the tendency is to go for someone Ianucci has worked with.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 116
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 12/12/2009 4:56:35 PM   
Ethanial

Maybe the East End Thug comes in and out-swears government forever?

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 117
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 13/12/2009 2:36:43 AM   
Goodfella

"Hello, Philip Scofield. I fuck lobsters for money."

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 118
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 13/12/2009 3:48:26 AM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ethanial

Maybe the East End Thug comes in and out-swears government forever?

You think you're looking so serene now.  Well you won't look so fucking serene laying at the bottom of the Thames estuary with an axe in your face.

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 119
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 13/12/2009 3:52:53 AM   
demoncleaner

I haven't seen this week's episode...so an unsweary tickle-me Elmo from last week's...

"I hear times are hard for you print journalists.  I read that on the internet".

"Malcolm never takes a holiday.  He has to keeping moving or else he's dead.  He's like a shark.  Or Bob Dylan."

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI