Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 28/10/2009 10:17:30 AM   
Goodfella

"People don't like their politicians too be comfortable. They don't like them to have expenses. In fact they'd rather you live in a fucking cave."

"So what should I sit on then? An upturned KFC box"

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 61
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 28/10/2009 4:08:29 PM   
bad hat harry

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamandham

Lurved the first episode. Knowing that it's as close to reality without becoming vulnerable to cretinous british libel laws makes it all the funnier.

...Such as?

I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.”
— Woody Allen

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 62
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 29/10/2009 11:45:34 PM   
Dozy McGrew

"I'm away to wipe my arse on Nick Robinson. I'm getting good I gave him a quiff". was worth it alone.

We're in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick-insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

(in reply to bad hat harry)
Post #: 63
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/11/2009 10:57:22 PM   
Alabama

" I feel like I'm at a therapy group being run by my own rapist"

Cracking episode, loved the press guy, he should be in it more. The outtakes are funny too, feel sorry for the actress who plays Robyn, her scenes rarely make the final cut!

(in reply to Dozy McGrew)
Post #: 64
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/11/2009 11:00:53 PM   
Ethanial

I feel like we're in a shitty spy film, The Eastbourne Ultimatum.

How brilliant that was, the deleted stuff just as much, and I agree, poor Robyn.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to Alabama)
Post #: 65
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 7/11/2009 11:12:48 PM   
elab49

Really hit its stride tonight - excellent stuff. And wasn't Duggan just a little bit Chad?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 66
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 8/11/2009 12:38:23 PM   
Riddick_J

'Get a grip Glenn, i didnt fucking cum in your mouth'

Great episode.

I'm not saying i don't trust you and I'm not saying i do, but i don't.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 67
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 8/11/2009 3:20:58 PM   
elab49

Possibly spoilers only it isn't really to be honest, but just in case SPOILERS

Roger Allam will be taking a turn in the show next Saturday - he didn't meet Malcolm in the specials, did he?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 68
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 9/11/2009 12:21:01 PM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alabama

" I feel like I'm at a therapy group being run by my own rapist"

Cracking episode, loved the press guy, he should be in it more. The outtakes are funny too, feel sorry for the actress who plays Robyn, her scenes rarely make the final cut!

That line was fantastic.

(in reply to Alabama)
Post #: 69
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 10/11/2009 10:54:09 AM   
filmburner30

Great episode

"Welcome to Eastbourne,the jewel in the crown of our shit seaside towns"

Glenn and Malcoms set to was comedy gold

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 70
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 3:23:09 PM   
Goodfella

Now we're at episode four I have but just one thing to say...

"Where the fuck is Jamie!?!?"

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 71
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 3:31:52 PM   
elab49

Much as I'd like to see him, Malcolm seems to be doing quite well on his own - thumping Glen and scaring the crap out of little Tory staffers

quote:

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 72
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 3:37:46 PM   
sharkboy

Maybe he's getting fitted for a new set of kid gloves, but made with real kids?

Loved the last episode - after Malcolm's comment about an 80's tribute band, I could only see Robert Palmer every time Peter Mannion was on screen

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 73
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 4:24:38 PM   
Goodfella

Knowing Iaunacci's writing style, Jamie is going to be thrown in when we least expect it! If you've watch closely you'll see his name is still on the end credits I believe so "techincally" he's still around.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 74
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 9:27:36 PM   
Epiphany Demon

When he ripped into that man.... bringing up Bohemian Rhapsody et al...

Best thing I've seen in years.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 75
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 9:35:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Knowing Iaunacci's writing style, Jamie is going to be thrown in when we least expect it! If you've watch closely you'll see his name is still on the end credits I believe so "techincally" he's still around.

I wouldn't be surpirsed if wasn't to do with budgets. They make these episodes of peanuts. I expect Jamie to appear soon.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 76
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 9:40:52 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

I wouldn't be surpirsed if wasn't to do with budgets. They make these episodes of peanuts. I expect Jamie to appear soon.

In between episodes I got re-acquainted with the Armando Iannuci Shows this week.  4 odd quid on Amazon is worth it for the most fun you'll have with your clothes on.  Cognoscenti of this show will know that a contingent of Thick of It actors show prominently in this series.  Sheer brilliance.

"I've got nothing against Bernard Cribbins you understand, but his place is in the wild, not in my house using up all the crockery."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 77
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 18/11/2009 9:46:46 PM   
appleby

Can't say this series is doing much for me, seems to be lacking the sharpness of the original series with Langham. Malcolm has become a caricature and it seems the structure heavily relies on the next Malcolm rant, it has its moments, all from the odd Malcolm throwaway line, but nothing so far in this series nothing has accomplished the level of satire and comedy than i think episode 4 of the first series ' have you ever cleaned up your mothers piss'

Suffered from the loss of Langham,shame.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 78
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 20/11/2009 1:40:05 AM   
nutteronabus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

Sadly Chris Addison has already said on twitter that Jamie isn't in the current series. Which is a shame, really.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 79
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 22/11/2009 12:37:33 PM   
The Seed

"Happy Birthday C*nt"

Such a beautiful sentiment.

We're now officially past the half way point in this series  does anyone know if there is an XMas special planned this year?

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 80
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 22/11/2009 4:47:51 PM   
Ethanial

What a merry christmas it'll be gathering round to watch Malcolm bollock everyone around a fire.
Also, Armansdo Ianucci shows, Highlight of my year finding this show, the dvd commentaries are grand too.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.
Post #: 81
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 22/11/2009 5:05:22 PM   
elab49

The screaming mutually assured destruction between Malcolm and Stuart last night had me in hysterics - it was just absolutely bloody marvellous. And way waaaay too credible. Brilliant episode.

quote:

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 82
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 22/11/2009 11:21:21 PM   
spamandham

The number of excellent one liners in that last episode was ridiculous. Can't remember a single one though.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 83
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 23/11/2009 11:16:58 AM   
Goodfella

That was by far the best episode of the series so far. I feel overall the new serious has lacked serious comedy intent and isn't a patch on the first but that episode was a hugely memorable one. I think the introduction of Peter, Phil, Emma and Stuart back into the fray has made all the difference.

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 84
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 23/11/2009 3:00:09 PM   
Goodfella

The "Happy Birthday C*nt" cake scene was brilliant.

"Is this Tom's idea of a joke, and he wonders why we don't let him out in public."

"Did we just break a story that wasn't the Ipswich manager's just been sacked?"

"If you don't give me his fucking number I'm going to have to go to fucking Rislip and snap the thumb and forefinger of every fucking texting coward that looks like a fucking Tim."

"Get in there Johnny Depp right now or I'll shove a magnet down your throat and watch your face implode."

"That didn't happen but I do have a statement from a rent boy..."
"Oh that's well and fucking good then, you can probably claim him against your expenses."

"Well I'll see you on election night Malcolm, I'll pop round to pick up the keys or something."

"Can you change that to Magic FM mate or otherwise I'm going to have to tear off my eyelids and fucking scrunch them up into earphones?"

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 23/11/2009 3:01:44 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 85
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 23/11/2009 3:25:07 PM   
steffols

I loved watching Malcolm shouting at no one whilst eating birthday cake, that was hilarious.

Also, Emma is a bitch.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 86
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 23/11/2009 3:39:04 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I loved watching Malcolm shouting at no one whilst eating birthday cake, that was hilarious.

Also, Emma is a bitch.

"It's my BIRTHDAY!"

"Fuck me. This is like watching a clown run across a minefield."

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 87
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 23/11/2009 3:46:57 PM   
nutteronabus

"Did you see what I did there?"

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 88
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 23/11/2009 4:00:38 PM   
steffols

'And as for Tim in fucking Rislip, hes fucking dead as well, that fucking texting coward. Give me the fucking number of Tim in Rislip, if you dont give me his number, you know what I'm going to have to do, I'm going to have to go to fucking Rislip and snap the thumb and forefinger of ever single person I see who I think resembles the kind of wanker who I think would be walking about in this day and fucking age with a name like fucking Tim!'

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 89
RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October,... - 23/11/2009 4:43:30 PM   
Goodfella

"Can you get Peter to do something in-offensive until I get there? Like hard boil four eggs?"

"She's a mentalist, she's in love with you. If you crash your car in the mountains she'll be the one there waiting to pull you out. You've seen Misery right?"
"Well I'm at the fucking BBC aren't I?"

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI