Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Transformers 3 'Reality'

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Transformers 3 'Reality' Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Transformers 3 'Reality' - 2/1/2011 2:22:30 PM   
benecio

We all know that Michael Bay is a kickass director and quite personally transformers has always been in my life everyone loves them! ok Revenge of the fallen wasnt brilliant but its a movie franchise that doesnt need a huge clever story, all we care about is how these characters we loved in the cartoon get brought to life and see how the transformers universe would fit in modern day. am i looking forward to Dark of the moon? YOU BET YOUR SWEET ASS I AM!!! but as we would all like unicron to appear i sincerelly doubt it, i really do, to everyone who watched the trailer my bets on the yellow bearded character is either Alpha Trion or Sentinel/Zeta prime, Transformers 3 will be by far the best and i do hope the movies will carry on after the 3rd. what people dont understand is that for my generation, transformers is like star wars well, atleast thats what i think.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 121
Bring it on - 5/1/2011 2:57:03 PM   
AntGC

Some would say the loss of megan fox ruins it but does it balls.
Aslong as we dont lose Shia Lebouf then we are safe.
Loved the first 2 movies as well as everything else Mike Bay has done, he gave us one of the best car chases ever in bad boys 2.

As for Transformers theres nothing like it and its deffo the film im watching for this year. I just hope they change the story a bit to give it that more power like the first one. Dont get me wrong the second was spectacular but it lacked in story a bit.

Overall spectacular CGI, good acting and kick ass fights.

Remember "theres more than meets the eye" with these movies.
lol

Post #: 122
- 5/1/2011 2:59:04 PM   
AntGC

Im not a fan of 3D as some film just do it to dish in more money but i think a film like this would look amazing purely because of the content of the film. Big bang movies always look great in 3D...as long as theres a 2d version for DVD then im happy

Post #: 123
RE: - 9/2/2011 1:27:39 PM   
Scott_

The Superbowl teaser was so damn cool. It's not much to go off but the first trailer and the 30 second teaser gets my hopes up that this won't be a complete clusterfuck lke the 2nd one was. The action looks immense, hopefully Bay has held back on the editing...I don't need 30 cuts a second ruining my action films.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to AntGC)
Post #: 124
RE: RE: - 9/2/2011 4:19:18 PM   
primebhoy

Theres a robot in the 30second superbowl spot that has been bothering me since sunday.

It's a bird/flight and looks as tho its in alternate form. I cant screen grab or put pics up in the office, but my instincts say either Lazerbeak or Swoop.

My head says laserbeak, my heart Swoop.

Anyone else seen it and have any thoughts?

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 125
RE: RE: - 10/2/2011 2:38:46 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

Theres a robot in the 30second superbowl spot that has been bothering me since sunday.

It's a bird/flight and looks as tho its in alternate form. I cant screen grab or put pics up in the office, but my instincts say either Lazerbeak or Swoop.

My head says laserbeak, my heart Swoop.

Anyone else seen it and have any thoughts?

I spotted that too, given that it looks like it has a red and black/grey colour scheme I'm saying Lazerbeak.

...not that I'll be lining up for it either way. The trailer looked very cool but having been burned twice before I'm giving this one a really wide berth.

....then again I said that about Revenge of The Sith. Went to see that one twice. God damn it.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 126
Transformers - 16/2/2011 3:51:23 PM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_
The Superbowl teaser was so damn cool. It's not much to go off but the first trailer and the 30 second teaser gets my hopes up that this won't be a complete clusterfuck lke the 2nd one was. The action looks immense, hopefully Bay has held back on the editing...I don't need 30 cuts a second ruining my action films.

Looks like a trailer for the first Transformers movie to me.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 127
RE: Transformers - 16/2/2011 4:31:25 PM   
vad3r

I wonder if this is the film that The Bay will FINALLY cameo.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 128
RE: Transformers - 16/2/2011 5:39:49 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

He did a 'turns face whilst sat at console' bit in Armageddon ..... not sure if he had a line but twas himself.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 129
RE: Transformers - 16/2/2011 6:06:24 PM   
vad3r

Wish they'd got rid of LaBeouf and just had Bay + robots for 90mins.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 130
RE: Transformers - 16/2/2011 6:50:32 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Bad Boys 2?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 131
RE: Transformers - 16/2/2011 6:54:13 PM   
Tech_Noir

He had a cameo in Transformers, he was the guy Megatron flicks ("Disgusting").

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 132
RE: Transformers - 16/2/2011 11:04:55 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

He had a cameo in Transformers, he was the guy Megatron flicks ("Disgusting").

Probably soon after Michael Bay characteristically did some flicking of his own, namely with a camera lens by probing Megan Fox's nether region. "Disgusting".

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 16/2/2011 11:05:21 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 133
RE: Transformers - 21/2/2011 1:42:57 AM   
musht

I have to say I know the second one was shit but I still enjoyed it so frankly I'm very excited about the third installment, the trailers so far have been encouraging

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74398

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 134
RE: Transformers - 21/2/2011 8:51:28 AM   
Tech_Noir

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48569

No ads with this one.

Definitely looking forward to this, might even try to catch it on IMAX if I'm in London.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 135
RE: Transformers 3 - 21/2/2011 6:11:35 PM   
M8d Hatt3r

The special effects and CGI in the trailer do look good but there are two things that I'm worried about with the 3rd film. The first thing is with Megan Fox's replacement. I'm slightly worried that she won't have the same effect Megan Fox had in the first two films. Also, will fans of the first two films (well, the first one anyway) accept her the same way?

My second worry is with the story line. From what I''ve read and seen, the their film will be a lot more serious compared to the second one. However, will it be too serious? The first film had a bit of humour but the second one had too much.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 136
RE: Transformers 3 - 21/2/2011 6:40:04 PM   
UTB

I am fully expecting it to be more serious. The first trailer for Revenge Of The Fallen made it look damn serious, like it was Armageddon (not the film...) and most fans though 'great'. The second, dorkier trailer turned up and people started to worry. Then we saw the film and realized the 'peril' promised in the trailer was short lived and had been replaced with dog fucking, deceptitalia and drug jokes, all of which missed the mark. And the ogling of Fox was just embarrassing.

That said, the action set pieces were immense, just not enough to make up for the rest. So hopefully we will get the film promised in the ROTF trailers.

(in reply to M8d Hatt3r)
Post #: 137
RE: Transformers 3 - 22/2/2011 1:33:14 PM   
primebhoy

The trailers do look amazing. I'm just not keen on the 'new' robots that are in this one and  ones from ROTF. Sentinel Prime, is aparently going to be a airport fire truck. I'm pretty much a G1 fan and anything after that I have no real interest in. If he was in G1 then I dont recall. I loved seeing Devastator in ROTF, but from the plethora of characters available, he sticks in Skids and Mudflap, and a piss poor attempt at Arcee. With all the films I just want that nostalgic feeling I get when I see pictures of the cartoon, toys. G1 movie. As i've said in a previous post, i would LOVE if the Stan Bush version of 'The touch' made it into the movie. Hairs on the back of my hands stand up just thinking about it...

PRIME: Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost.

'You got the touch...... you got the pooowwwweeerrrrrr, yeah!'

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 138
RE: Transformers 3 - 22/2/2011 9:44:00 PM   
M8d Hatt3r

I particularly liked that combo decepticon that was added into ROTF. If they do something like that again, I would be excited to see what they'd use. They could do some mega combo of the dino transformers.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 139
RE: Transformers 3 - 23/2/2011 11:45:56 AM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: M8d Hatt3r

I particularly liked that combo decepticon that was added into ROTF. If they do something like that again, I would be excited to see what they'd use. They could do some mega combo of the dino transformers.

They done this in the comics, but it was a bit different from the unsual UNITE combinations.  I cant see that happening, but we might possibly see an autobot UNITE in this movie, im hoping for Superion.

(in reply to M8d Hatt3r)
Post #: 140
RE: Transformers 3 - 1/3/2011 9:24:50 PM   
Biggus

As much as I couldn't stand ROTF, I gotta must admit Bay and co are saying the right things when stating they're veering away from 'dorky' humour and adopting a more serious tone for DOTM. The interview with Bay in this month's Empire shows that he's very self-aware when it comes to his movies' shortfalls.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 141
RE: Transformers 3 - 2/3/2011 2:10:48 PM   
neopol

I know that this franchise has been the victim of a whole host of criticism from all corners but personally, I love em! ROTF was hardly Shakespeare but it was still entertaining and the kids generally love it, and isn't that half the battle? To many snotty views on this film and it's nice to read a thread were people being more positive. 

Visit my movie blog, nEoFILM @ http://neofilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 142
RE: Transformers 3 - 2/3/2011 4:33:52 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: neopol

I know that this franchise has been the victim of a whole host of criticism from all corners but personally, I love em! ROTF was hardly Shakespeare but it was still entertaining and the kids generally love it, and isn't that half the battle? To many snotty views on this film and it's nice to read a thread were people being more positive. 

What he said!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to neopol)
Post #: 143
RE: Transformers 3 - 2/3/2011 5:56:14 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: neopol

What he said!

Absolutely.

What amuses me is that rabid haters will probably pay to see the film in some form or another and then complain when it makes money.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 144
RE: Transformers 3 - 2/3/2011 6:11:29 PM   
rich

The first one is watchable, but the 2nd instead of adding more of what worked and toning down what didn't, just added a fucking load more of everything, and still didnt get rid of the annoying camera work that obscures the action at times. Perhaps a 3rd will actually make it work this time.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 145
RE: RE: - 8/3/2011 11:06:28 AM   
pauljthomas

quote:

ORIGINAL: suleiman

This comment hasnt got much to do with the thread but I just wanted to say I 99% agree on Bays comment that his films are Technically correct, i would go to the point of saying his films are technically amazing (usually)

One thing i really hate about reviewers and people that do awards is that they dont have a clue when it comes to technique.
The thing i hate most is when ever i go on sites to look for best looking films, or most sylised films or best technical films i keep seeing Lord of the Rings near the top, and people keep siting it as being breathtaking when you watch it but to be honest if you directly compare it to other films its pretty meh!

I dont mind if you think these films are terrible or you absolutely hate them but if were just to go by style compared to LOTR they are at least on par if not much better
300, Chronicles of Narnia: The lion the witch and the wardrobe, Transformers, Speed Racer, Star Trek, Watchmen, War of the Worlds (all speilberg films even Indiana Jones 4), TMNT, Beowulf, Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, and some others that i cant think of right now
all of these films have a better score, better visual effects, better constumes, better compositing, better created worlds (setting, life forms), better cinematography, better choreography, better editing, better sound, better art, dialogue (some), better action yet they have nothing to show for it. Some of them got mauled critically,and i wouldnt mind however the critics didnt even bother to take them seriously like they did LOTR, they just thought fuck it its by that director. Then you see films which are probably worse in terms of story and 50x worse in terms of execution getting better ratings because the reviewer didnt have his head up his ass and actually tried to enjoy it because it wasnt by someone he detested or wasnt threatend by.

Like how on earth did Star Trek not get nominated for best art direction, cinematography, costume design, film editing or score? what the hell is the point of having these awards if your just going to give them to the wrong people. How did Tranformers not win Special Effects? How was 300 not nominated for cinematography?

Then people say that the directors are bad when they have done Everything right and noobs like James Cameron and Del Toro who only have CGI/ Costumes and NOTHING ELSE, suckish music, averagly directed action, random direction in terms of shots (avatar), the least effective action scenes ever (hell boy 2), terrible dialogue, but yet get amazing praise for thier one gimick,. if avatar and hell boy 2 had good characters, and dialogue i could understand the praise but they are both pretty average (bad) when it comes to story telling,

Basically Im happy for someone to say the lord of the rings are the best films ever, but not saying some stupidity like OOOOHHHHHH its amazing to look at OOHHH its epic OOOHHHH special effects, when there are 10x (literally) better films in that category. Say you like the story, but dont say 300 and Beowulf are dumb because the main character shouts too much, when in lord of the rings you have Frodo- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, and Gandalf - YOUUU SHALLLL NOT PASSSSS.

The thing I hate most though is that the films I mentioned then get grouped with other films that on top of being "bad" are not even of a decent technical quality, and the directors work which is a technical masterpeice never has anything to show for it

Micheal Bay is so right when he says at least his films are technically correct, it gives me comfort to know that at least the people that make the films know them selves that theyve done a good job, not just the director but every one involved

Please tell me I've just read that incorrectly?PLEASE!!!!! These are directors that bought us Aliens & Pans Labyrinth, the latter being an amazingly told story-I suggest you watch it then edit your post accordingly.

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to suleiman)
Post #: 146
RE: RE: - 8/3/2011 7:36:42 PM   
DUMBO

How long is this movie gonna be ?

(in reply to pauljthomas)
Post #: 147
RE: Transformers - 9/3/2011 2:26:53 AM   
Darth Goonie

quote:

I think Bay was in Armageddon, playing a NASA boffin.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 148
Nimoy out of retirement for voice role - 31/3/2011 8:23:43 PM   
Timon

Spock is a Transformer!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to benecio)
Post #: 149
RE: Nimoy out of retirement for voice role - 31/3/2011 8:59:13 PM   
elab49

Retirement? Is this the Nimoy who seems to be a recurring character in Fringe?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Transformers 3 'Reality' Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI