Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE DARK OF THE MOON...?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: THE DARK OF THE MOON...? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE DARK OF THE MOON...? - 7/10/2010 1:26:03 PM   
Scott_

Crap subtitle but I reckon it'll be good, if Bay can drop the comedy that is.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 91
RE: THE DARK OF THE MOON...? - 7/10/2010 2:50:12 PM   
primebhoy

Surely it wont be long before we get the Empire article telling us how good its going to be, with EXCLUSIVE interviews and set access, then a decent review, which will lead to many going to see it and then being utterly dissappointed, followed by Empire then claiming in future articles that it was infact one of the worst movies of the year and they didnt really like it in the first place.

I'm a big fan btw, but empire seems to be doing this alot recently!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 92
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 12/10/2010 5:57:51 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Has anyone seen the footage of Bumblebee crashing into a Police Car that was cutting across the set? Quite funny really...

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE
Post #: 93
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 12/10/2010 6:35:56 PM   
Overmind

Shouldent there be a teaser soon..?
Or at least a poster...?

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 94
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 13/10/2010 3:05:56 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Has anyone seen the footage of Bumblebee crashing into a Police Car that was cutting across the set? Quite funny really...

Haha! Bloody armatures!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/12/bumblebee-crashes-into-real-police-suv-on-transformers-the-dark-of-the-moon-set/

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 95
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 13/10/2010 3:17:30 PM   
The Hooded Man

The problem is that you don't connect with the Transformers because everything focuses on Shia(te) LeBouef's nonsensical character and his oh so funny antics, the robots are never the focus of the story, they are just something that happens to our hero in the course of the film. We never see Autobots interacting with each other for example it's always when Sam's about. Copy the cartoon and give Bumblebee a window at the front for Sam to look out of so we can have some shots from the robot's perspective to make them less one-dimensional. Optimus Prime or even Bumblebee should be the main character, but making Sam the star is like making Andy the main player in Toy Story.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 96
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 2:30:58 AM   
Deviation

First trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqeoyn58O4&feature=player_embedded

I feel nothing but contempt for humanity on the whole right now, cause I know it's going to make money.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 97
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 9:17:23 AM   
Timon

I think it looks cool....

Has to be better than the second one.

And Dev, can't you save your contempt for those that are going to see Yogi Bear?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 98
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 9:47:58 AM   
pete_traynor

Iíve steered well clear of all things this since the last one but decided to have a little watch regardless. is that Unicron? Certainly looks a bit like him.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 99
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 10:01:07 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

First trailer

I feel nothing but contempt for humanity on the whole right now, cause I know it's going to make money.

You talk about them more than anyone. I'm sure you're a fan, really.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 100
TRANSFORMERS 3 - 9/12/2010 10:35:27 AM   
Snake-Eyes

well, I just watched the 'teaser trailer' - pretty dull stuff. To be honest, I've lost interest in Bay's Transformers now, especially since the shambles that was the second film (and I'm an old-skool TRANSFOMERS-geek). I hope Mr. Bay returns to pure action territory a la THE ROCK someday.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 101
RE: TRANSFORMERS 3 - 9/12/2010 12:33:51 PM   
theeverlasting

Makes it look somewhat dramatic and serious and you know the film will be cheesy and have annoying characters and stupid Bay directing. Won't go to cinema to see this but maybe borrow it from someone on DVD. I'll stand by the 1986 animated classic 

Shitcase Cinema: www.youtube.com/shitcasecinema

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 102
RE: THE DARK OF THE MOON...? - 9/12/2010 1:34:29 PM   
Chief

But it's in 3D so it'll be awesome. Unless we have to look at another robot's swinging clacker bag.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 103
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 3:01:05 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

First trailer

You talk about them more than anyone. I'm sure you're a fan, really.

Yeah, that's why I didn't mention it for about, erm.... ten months?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 104
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 3:59:11 PM   
primebhoy

Watched the trailer.... does seem quite good already, and has ignited my interest again after the total disappointment that was ROTF!

Not sure if the robot on the moon was unicron tho??

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 105
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 4:39:13 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

Watched the trailer.... does seem quite good already, and has ignited my interest again after the total disappointment that was ROTF!

Sadly no, someone called Alpha Trion by all accounts. Should have been Unicron really. Only thing that would have made this worth a look for me.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 106
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 4:56:12 PM   
Scott_

Looks cool, not much to go off but I have faith in Bay especially after he said he'd dump the dorky comedy which really ruined the 2nd film for me.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 107
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 5:35:00 PM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Looks cool, not much to go off but I have faith in Bay especially after he said he'd dump the dorky comedy which really ruined the 2nd film for me.

No way he will live up to that promise. No matter how much he consentrates.
Its like an 12 year old ADHD-boy promissing to sitt still for five minutes.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 108
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 9:29:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

Unicron was the only logical way to up the ante - I am hoping he is actually the moon. And the moon transforms and attacks earth. That is what the series needs,

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 109
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 9/12/2010 11:47:31 PM   
LEEJGM

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

Sadly no, someone called Alpha Trion by all accounts. Should have been Unicron really. Only thing that would have made this worth a look for me.

Alpha Trion was in the comics and the cartoons. He was leader of the Autobots some time before Prime.

The crashed ship was reminiscent of the Ark that was crashed into the mountain in the old cartoon...

I agree that it should have been Unicron in this one. The thought of a new Decepticon threat in Shockwave hardly interests me. They definitely need a something big. Or a journey to Cybertron.

Anyway, I liked the trailer. But I'm one of the 3 or 4 people that actually thought that ROTF wasn't that bad.

Post #: 110
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 10/12/2010 9:21:43 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Unicron was the only logical way to up the ante - I am hoping he is actually the moon. And the moon transforms and attacks earth. That is what the series needs,

Has he been out rightly dismissed does anyone know? Or just not alluded to? Basically, do we think he will be in it but just kept under wraps for a while? The first was rather enjoyable hokum (which Iím all for from time to time) but it went from fun to truly unacceptable tripe in one film. Agree with Rgirvan, this needs a planet size shot in the arm. And if this is Bayís last one I canít understand not using Unicron . Correct me if Iím wrong but isnít he the single biggest threat in any storyline? This series needs those kind of stakes now. Plus, it would just be cooler than about 90% of all other spectacles ever committed to film

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 111
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 10/12/2010 10:13:31 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Average trailer doesn't tell you anything whatsoever about what the films about plus with Bay jumping on the 3D bandwagon will probably be another load of loud nonsense that rakes in the money. Will see it in 2D.

Post #: 112
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 10/12/2010 1:50:04 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

quote:

Ahhh, I recall him. He was the one who told prime about vector sigma and all that rubbish. That formed part of the headmasters & Target masters extended episodes didnt it??

I'm not sure how they could do unicron justice in a film like this. He was massive!!! And we've already had the matrix in the previous film... and no Hot Rod whatsoever, so how we gonna beat him!!

I still think this next film has to feature 'The Touch'..... that would be a great throwback to the G1 movie!!

Post #: 113
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 10/12/2010 2:27:19 PM   
LEEJGM

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ahhh, I recall him. He was the one who told prime about vector sigma and all that rubbish. That formed part of the headmasters & Target masters extended episodes didnt it??

I'm not sure how they could do unicron justice in a film like this. He was massive!!! And we've already had the matrix in the previous film... and no Hot Rod whatsoever, so how we gonna beat him!!

I still think this next film has to feature 'The Touch'..... that would be a great throwback to the G1 movie!!

Alpha Trion built Orion Pax into Optimus Prime in the G1 continuity.  You're thinking of the Headmasters: The Rebirth cartoon, in which he does feature. 
Maybe he'll be Prime and Megatron's daddy.... with the whole 'brother' thing being confirmed.  Maybe they have to settle their differences to take out Unicron together.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 114
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 10/12/2010 10:08:12 PM   
skreeth

Not too much shown in the teaser. It's a shame Bay has gone over to the DARK SIDE and filmed it in 3D!!!

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 115
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 13/12/2010 10:06:56 AM   
Wild about Wilder

TOO TRUE MY FRIEND! TOO TRUE!   

(in reply to skreeth)
Post #: 116
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 13/12/2010 3:31:11 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ROTF Actually had the Touch in it.  A new Shit Version.  Have a look on You Tube it's terrible.  It's called The Touch (Sam's Theme) or something.  It's as if someone explained the concept of Linkin Park to Stan Bush, and said "do it like them" but he never actually got round to hearing them.

Awful.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 117
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 13/12/2010 3:50:06 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

ROTF Actually had the Touch in it.  A new Shit Version.  Have a look on You Tube it's terrible.  It's called The Touch (Sam's Theme) or something.  It's as if someone explained the concept of Linkin Park to Stan Bush, and said "do it like them" but he never actually got round to hearing them.

Awful.

Actully it wasn't an offical song. Stan Bush did it in the hope that Bay would actully use it in the film...which is even sadder to be honest.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 118
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 13/12/2010 4:00:43 PM   
Invader_Ace

That is way sadder.

Why Stan? Why?!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 119
RE: DARKER PLEASE - 16/12/2010 11:28:37 PM   
MI Cruise

Im not one of those bitchy guys who will go on and on about how Transformers 2 is the end of the cinema, because lets face it it's not we still got good and great movies this year and look like more are coming next year.

Transformers was a good movie. Transformers 2 Rise of the Fallen was not bad, there were parts which were bad but overall not the worst movie I've seen.

Watching the trailer for this one makes me think it will be interesting only if Bay does not go overboard like he did with Part 2. With Megan Fox not returning for this instalment Im sure I'll be able to concentrate on the movie rather than waiting for the next slo-mo running scene.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: THE DARK OF THE MOON...? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI