Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Party Down Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Party Down - 17/3/2009 10:18:02 PM   
Joedini

quote:

Party Down is about a group of struggling dreamers who are stuck working for tips while waiting for their big break. As employees of the L.A. catering company “Party Down,” these misfits mingle with guests at everything from sweet sixteen parties to the most lavish Hollywood soirees. Follow these engaging wannabes as they wait on guests while waiting on something better to come along. The series premieres Friday, March 20th at 10:30pm ET/PT. Only on Starz.

I'm hearing nothing but good things about this. But I was going to watch anyway, Rob Thomas reunited with Ryan Hansen.

Anyone else going to be watching?
Post #: 1
RE: Party Down - 23/3/2009 11:59:27 PM   
The Mighty

Rob Thomas! Paul Rudd! Ryan Hansen! Ken Marino! Lizzy Caplan! Ryan Hansen! What an excellent cast/crew. Enrico Colantoni was also in the pilot. I was impressed with the pilot, most comedies take a few episodes to find a groove but I thought Party Down found its feet quickly. Paula Marshall, Jason Dohring and Kristen Bell are all scheduled to be on this season too!   

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 2
RE: Party Down - 24/3/2009 10:11:53 AM   
Dave B

I liked it as well despite not being that interested in it at first (I only watched it because of Rob Thomas' involvement). While it tries to be a bit too similar to The Office, it was still pretty funny in places. Loved how Ryan Hansen was pretty much playing his character from Veronica Mars again. 

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 3
RE: Party Down - 24/3/2009 5:55:23 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave B

I liked it as well despite not being that interested in it at first (I only watched it because of Rob Thomas' involvement). While it tries to be a bit too similar to The Office, it was still pretty funny in places. Loved how Ryan Hansen was pretty much playing his character from Veronica Mars again. 

and playing it well
Really  enjoyed this, although that may have been due to the Veronica mars reunion! Could have done without seeing a naked Keith Mars though!

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 4
RE: Party Down - 24/3/2009 8:38:42 PM   
Dave B

lol. Yeah lets see a naked Veronica Mars instead. 

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 5
RE: Party Down - 25/3/2009 1:27:31 PM   
MartinBlank76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave B

Great, the legendary Dickster. Well, if I wasnt sold already with all the VM crew in there, thats sealed the deal.

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Party Down Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI