Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Transformers 3 Announced For 2011 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transformers 3 Announced For 2011 - 17/3/2009 7:08:23 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 7:08:23 AM   
mighty mick

I find it genuinely depressing and even worrying how these days major blockbusters have set release dates before even having a director, writers or actors on board. Surely this must have a negative effect in the long run as everything is rushed in order to meet the deadline.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 8:40:23 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

please, please, please don't let Bay sign on

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to mighty mick)
Post #: 3
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 9:32:51 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yawn.

We get it. Not everyone enjoys Michael Bay.

Some of us, however, have enjoyed the first and are looking forward to the second (which no doubt you will watch in order to bore us further with your comments of how loud/flashy/noisy/quickly edited it is).

Personally, I think it's good news, going by the trailer for the second film, a third would be most welcome from me.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 4
- 17/3/2009 9:48:59 AM   
MrNumberSix

Okay Kurtwood, suggest someone else then. Bay still looks like the best bet around.

Might Mick -
Because TF3 is a major blockbuster it has to be announcd well in advance because it costs so much money and it has to be approved by several execs/go through mucho red tape. The film making process time for TF3 itself is no different to most other big budget (100m+) motion pictures and, like Harry 6, will always get pushed if there is extra time needed. No film with a big budget gets rushed at a risk or the expense of the finished quality.

Post #: 5
Dont let Bay sign on??? - 17/3/2009 10:11:41 AM   
Noelg25

Seriously Donovan Kurtwood...if you can think of any other director other than His Royal Bayness for something like TF3 then lets hear it. If you ask me Michael Bay is the man for this job. He proved it in the first one, the second one looks the shizzle just from the trailers alone and I for one cannot wait to see it!! I just cant picture any other director to do these kind of movies on the level that Bay can achieve. But I was a bit miffed they have announced TF3 already but I can see the sense behind it...I am confident TF2 will do so much better than the first one and this will set the benchmark for the 3rd one. So date may have been announced but its still all early days to see how the second one fairs. But Michael Bay should definitely direct it...end of!

Post #: 6
- 17/3/2009 10:24:47 AM   
MrNumberSix

oh and its a massive result for the studio to secure the july 4th weekend slot.

Post #: 7
RE: Dont let Bay sign on??? - 17/3/2009 10:26:59 AM   
matthewforan

DK you know I like you but I don't think anyone else can handle this type of blockbuster. I don't really understand why they've already given number 3 the green light but it can only mean good news for number 2 if the studio has signed on already.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 8
A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the instal... - 17/3/2009 10:36:17 AM   
nicky1975

A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the instalments. I cant think of another one. I wonder why they're in such a rush to get it out, its not like the Harry Potter kids who are getting older is it, so why the hurry. Good news though, just hope its enough time to knock out a good 3rd instalment.

Post #: 9
RE: A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the in... - 17/3/2009 12:40:26 PM   
schlong_kong

Spider-man 2 came out 2yrs after the first movie.
Ditto with Iron Man 2

(in reply to nicky1975)
Post #: 10
RE: A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the in... - 17/3/2009 1:34:09 PM   
Bubba Gump

By the way 2011 is a mistake, it is supposed to be 2012, as confirmed by Mr.Bay himself on the forums on his website.

(in reply to schlong_kong)
Post #: 11
RE: A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the in... - 17/3/2009 1:56:34 PM   
Rgirvan44

There had better be a planet eating robot in the next one.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Bubba Gump)
Post #: 12
RE: A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the in... - 17/3/2009 1:58:57 PM   
Timon

No, there shouldn't. T'would be too much like Galactacus in FF2... and that was rubbish.

Transformers III: Transformers In Time!

You heard me!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 13
RE: A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the in... - 17/3/2009 2:02:50 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

No, there shouldn't. T'would be too much like Galactacus in FF2... and that was rubbish.

Transformers III: Transformers In Time!

You heard me!

The thing in FF2 was a cloud of nano-bots, which I agree, sucked.

But I want a proper super giant robot. Maybe it can eat our moon or something.  

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the in... - 17/3/2009 2:12:07 PM   
Timon

If the moon's gone, Earth is pretty much screwed. We need the moon.

Nah, Unicron runs the risk of just looking ridiculous. Plus the All Sparks/Energon Cube or whatever you want to call it is already destroyed.

I just say all out war between the Decepticons and Autobots. On Earth. In the water. In the air. In space. Let no battlefield be unused.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 15
RE: A big-budget trilogy with only 2 yrs between the in... - 17/3/2009 2:17:29 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

If the moon's gone, Earth is pretty much screwed. We need the moon.

Nah, Unicron runs the risk of just looking ridiculous. Plus the All Sparks/Energon Cube or whatever you want to call it is already destroyed.

I just say all out war between the Decepticons and Autobots. On Earth. In the water. In the air. In space. Let no battlefield be unused.

The Autobot Matrix of Leadership was not used in the last film. In fact I think you get a quick shot it in the first film.

I don't see whats so silly about a Unicorn myself. If there is one man in Hollywood who I think would "get" a planet eating robot it would be Bay. C'mon, a giant battle inside and outside Unicon as it heads to Earth?

Oh and they could resuse Orson Welles voice a la Brando in Superman.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 16
- 17/3/2009 2:24:03 PM   
axeman

Yes...this appears to be premature. It seems Mr Bay has agreed to 2012, not 2011. Wait for the inevitable retraction from the studio...

Post #: 17
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 2:55:45 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Yawn.

We get it. Not everyone enjoys Michael Bay.

Some of us, however, have enjoyed the first and are looking forward to the second (which no doubt you will watch in order to bore us further with your comments of how loud/flashy/noisy/quickly edited it is).

Personally, I think it's good news, going by the trailer for the second film, a third would be most welcome from me.

welll excuuuuuuuuse me UTB, for your information Michael Bay is my favourite director. I don't want him to sign on because i do not wish him to stay stuck in this franchise for another 3 years!!!!

I never wanted him to do TF2 and would've much preffered him to tackle something fresh.

Never assume!

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 18
RE: - 17/3/2009 2:56:59 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrNumberSix

Okay Kurtwood, suggest someone else then. Bay still looks like the best bet around.

There is no one better, Bay is my favourite director. I just don't want him to keep making TF movies.  

(in reply to MrNumberSix)
Post #: 19
RE: Dont let Bay sign on??? - 17/3/2009 2:58:47 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noelg25

Seriously Donovan Kurtwood...if you can think of any other director other than His Royal Bayness for something like TF3 then lets hear it. If you ask me Michael Bay is the man for this job. He proved it in the first one, the second one looks the shizzle just from the trailers alone and I for one cannot wait to see it!! I just cant picture any other director to do these kind of movies on the level that Bay can achieve. But I was a bit miffed they have announced TF3 already but I can see the sense behind it...I am confident TF2 will do so much better than the first one and this will set the benchmark for the 3rd one. So date may have been announced but its still all early days to see how the second one fairs. But Michael Bay should definitely direct it...end of!

and for the hat trick...

The TF franchise doesn't specifically drive me crazy or anything. I love the Bay and would much rather him choose some other projects as opposed to TF. So there!

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 20
RE: RE: - 17/3/2009 2:59:59 PM   
CORLEONE

quote:

quote:

There is no one better, Bay is my favourite director. I just don't want him to keep making TF movies.  

You don't like Transformers? Alien robots: what's not to like!?

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 21
RE: Dont let Bay sign on??? - 17/3/2009 3:00:21 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

it does genuinely dismay me that my favourite film maker is going to be stuck in this franchise till 2012. That really sucks for me personally. TF is good fun and very entertaining but i never wanted Bay to do 3 of them, especially not 3 movies in a row. I really want to see him do some other stuff.

Post #: 22
RE: RE: - 17/3/2009 3:02:23 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

quote:

You don't like Transformers? Alien robots: what's not to like!?

i do enjoy TF, i just don't love it/ them. IMHO Bay has so much more potential than this franchise and for him to be making them till 2012 is a shame for me. I'd rather a 3rd Bad Boys that this news (and i can live without that lol).

I personally felt like we only really needed one giant robot movie. 2 more are fine i guess, i just wish my favourite director wasn't involved so he could do other stuff that i would find much more interesting.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 23
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 3:03:58 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

And i would love to know where these apparent comments of mine are UTB? When exactly did i say any of these things?

I have a Bad Boys 2 poster on my wall for chrissakes!!! (as evidenced in joypad )

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 24
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 4:26:29 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

I have a Bad Boys 2 poster on my wall for chrissakes!!! (as evidenced in joypad )

I rather have a Gabrielle Union poster.

Post #: 25
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 4:28:11 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

I rather have a Gabrielle Union poster.

horses for courses i guess!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 26
Well, - 17/3/2009 5:10:31 PM   
mozzy_gal

I'm really not that bothered if it's directed by Michael Bay or not...just please, no more Transformers! I hated the first one (yes, i'm probably the only person but oh frickin well) and the thought of a second and now a third one?? Christ no...

Post #: 27
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 5:32:46 PM   
UTB

quote:

quote:

quote:

And i would love to know where these apparent comments of mine are UTB? When exactly did i say any of these things?

Well Mr Kurtwood it appears I owe you an apology.

The tone of your original post made it seem like you were disappointed at the prospect of a third Bay Transformers.

Post #: 28
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 5:41:21 PM   
CORLEONE

UTB: Defender of The Bay

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29
RE: Here's a thought - 17/3/2009 6:13:43 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

all is forgiven! let's all love the Bay together!

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Transformers 3 Announced For 2011 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI