Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Look: Olga Kurylenko in Centurion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look: Olga Kurylenko in Centurion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Look: Olga Kurylenko in Centurion - 16/3/2009 11:48:51 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 16/3/2009 11:48:51 AM   
nclowe

I'm just praying this is less King Arthur and more Rome! Leather boob-tubes and Pictish tribes lumped together and called Woads had better not feature! *fingers crossed*

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 16/3/2009 11:56:44 AM   
dctuck

So long as this is more The Descent and Dog Soldiers than the ridiculous mess that was Doomsday, it should be good. Unfortunately, it certainly looks and sounds more like Doomsday...

Post #: 3
Woad to nowhere? - 16/3/2009 11:56:57 AM   
granny

As long as it's not a godawful hybird of Duran Duran's Wild Boys video and a Prodigy promo like the last film I still have faith in Neil Marshall so fingers crossed.
I wonder what the budget is though?

Post #: 4
- 16/3/2009 12:03:24 PM   
Manfrendshensindshen

The question is: will Olga get nekkid?

Post #: 5
- 16/3/2009 12:31:23 PM   
montimer

“She’s quite furious,” agrees Kurylenko. “Because one sense is not there – she can’t speak – all the others are more developed. She sees very well and hears very well: she is an animal!”

- Last I checked speaking wasn't a sense. Seriously, if you're going to give a soundbite, run it by a translator first.

Post #: 6
RE: - 16/3/2009 1:31:53 PM   
Rgirvan44

I hope Domanic West uses his Punisher Warzone accent as opposed to the one he used in 300 for this film. I know it won't make any sense, but it is a real sight to behold and I fear we will never get a chance to experience such magic again.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to montimer)
Post #: 7
Marshall, i have faith. - 16/3/2009 2:02:32 PM   
Horrorguru

Unlike Paul W. Anderson, the hack meister behind such utter shite as the RESIDENT EVIL Movies, Neil Marshall another newcastle native has always entertained me with his movies, although DOOMSDAY was as stupid as andersons DEATH RACE. The Descent was a potent taster of what he is capable of.

Post #: 8
- 16/3/2009 2:39:58 PM   
Big Red

Not enough Pictish warrior stuff in movies! I'm sold on this one pic alone!!

Post #: 9
King Arthur anyone? - 16/3/2009 4:18:03 PM   
AYBGerrardo

Looking at the image is anyone else reminded of Keira Knightley in said crapfest?

Post #: 10
well yea... - 16/3/2009 4:47:48 PM   
waltham1979

"Her family were butchered by the Romans, she had her tongue cut out by the Romans, she's had a hell of a time" this could be the single funniest thing I have read today. Its like the understatement of the year !!!! HA HA HA !!!!

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 16/3/2009 4:48:48 PM >

Post #: 11
I wander what painful death he has in store for Sean Pe... - 16/3/2009 6:40:16 PM   
Taz69

He had his guits ripped out and blown apart in the excellent Dog Soldiers, skis in the face in The Descent and burned alive and eaten in Doomsday. Even if he's not in the main cast he is to Neil Marshall what Bruce Campbell is to Sam Raimi.

Post #: 12
- 17/3/2009 12:13:53 AM   
craighorne

Bring forth the historical innaccuracy!

Post #: 13
RE: - 17/3/2009 2:06:02 AM   
butters411

ooooooo sorry craighorne! Had no idea you were the judge of what is historical inaccuracy.

Unless the movie claims to be historically inaccurate, which I doubt this one does, just relax and try to enjoy the fictional story.

(in reply to craighorne)
Post #: 14
RE: I wander what painful death he has in store for Sea... - 17/3/2009 9:48:22 AM   
zimo5

UHHHHM He wasn't in The Decent. It was bloke named Oliver Milburn that played "Paul" also in full geek mode it wasn't skis, it was copper Piping.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

(in reply to Taz69)
Post #: 15
RE: I wander what painful death he has in store for Sea... - 17/3/2009 11:37:49 AM   
Isabelle_M

I liked Dog Soldiers and loved The Descent. I haven't seen Doomsday yet, but from everything I've heard, it has all the hallmarks of a potential guilty pleasure. That means that Neil Marshall has a lot of credit in my book. I'd rather watch a Neil Marshall film than yet another sanitized, PG-13 "action" blockbuster.

Playtime Magazine updates every Thursday

(in reply to zimo5)
Post #: 16
- 17/3/2009 1:10:28 PM   
GertieWallace

No Craig Conway? That's new...

Post #: 17
DOOMSDAY IS AWESOME - 17/3/2009 9:38:25 PM   
boredbluekoala

Best British movie in years. I am looking forward to this from Mr Marshall.

< Message edited by boredbluekoala -- 17/3/2009 9:39:42 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: I wander what painful death he has in store for Sea... - 17/3/2009 9:59:41 PM   
zimo5

May be an idea to give Doomsday a miss, it was a poor effort by Marshall. He got budget and kinda went nuts. Low budget and he shines, high budget and he makes tripe

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

(in reply to Isabelle_M)
Post #: 19
RE: I wander what painful death he has in store for Sea... - 17/3/2009 10:14:37 PM   
Isabelle_M

Based on the evidence of 3 movies? Too few to sense a pattern, my friend. 

Playtime Magazine updates every Thursday

(in reply to zimo5)
Post #: 20
RE: I wander what painful death he has in store for Sea... - 17/3/2009 10:35:21 PM   
zimo5

Well fingers crossed

(in reply to Isabelle_M)
Post #: 21
No tongue? - 18/3/2009 2:45:08 PM   
onetwo

Must have been removed by one of those skilled Roman surgeons, judging by the perfect teeth and lack of scarring around the mouth from the inevitable struggle.
Still that mascara makes her perfect size eight figure look savage.............. should've used a Wigan bird built like a brick shit-house.

Post #: 22
Please be good - 18/3/2009 4:28:21 PM   
Youshouldberunning

Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.
Dog Soldiers is amazing. The Descent is amazing. Doomsday was disappointing.

Post #: 23
Just what we need - 19/3/2009 7:39:03 AM   
tobywan

Neil Marshall is quietly getting on with making movies that we brits have long struggled to make; great action films shot and set (mostly) in the UK. How often has the cry gone up of; how come we cant produce home grown big movies that can compete with anything coming out of the US? well, here we have a young director doing it. Ok, doomsday was flawed certainly, but I still enjoyed elements of it, and certaily marvelled at his ability to create a movie on a large canvas. More than anything else, he has flair, passion and a natural sense of storytelling that will only get better. This isnt about budget, this is about ambition and a willingness to deliver great ideas. Remember Spielbergs 1941 anyone? bit of a mess on the whole, but the SCALE! and it was stll very watchable! It taught Spielberg a valuable lesson and ultimately made him a better director.
I salute him and wait eagerly for Centurian, and prefer to support him as a movie goer tha hasnt seen emerging talent of this type since Ridley scott, rather than the standard British attitude of knocking him for the sake of it. Let him develop.

Post #: 24
Marshall is like PWSA (both Geordie fanboys turned dire... - 19/3/2009 9:20:03 AM   
nicky1975

Marshall and Paul WS Anderson are typical Brit fanboys that rave about 80s sf/horror films and who TRY to make their own films like the US ones they grew up with. Fairplay to them for being such fans AND breaking into the industry though and getting their films made - it must be hard to be taken seriously early in their careers to make dumb-downed fantasy films like theirs' (cos Brit film industry is rather snotty isn't it for fantasy films). Note their similarities:

* They're both from Newcastle Upon Tyne.
* They're both fans of sci-fi/horror and their films are generally that genre.
* They both reference films they are fans of by homage in their own films.
* They're both writer/directors.
* They like to cast Sean Pertwee.
* They like to cast females as tough women
* They both have had their fiancees working with them in their films.
* Both have written a movie about cars/drivers (Death Race and Drive)
* They both like Jason Statham who stars in Death Race and was originally approached for Dog Soldiers.

< Message edited by nicky1975 -- 19/3/2009 9:26:18 AM >

Post #: 25
RE: Marshall is like PWSA (both Geordie fanboys turned ... - 20/3/2009 4:55:52 AM   
Overmind

Shes hot.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to nicky1975)
Post #: 26
RE: Marshall is like PWSA (both Geordie fanboys turned ... - 20/3/2009 8:46:44 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicky1975

Marshall and Paul WS Anderson are typical Brit fanboys that rave about 80s sf/horror films and who TRY to make their own films like the US ones they grew up with.

Yup and that's why I hate them (Anderson not as much since he's despised already).

And come on, a warrior woman wants revenge for the death of her family??

They probably made her mute because Marshall couldn't be bothered with dialogue - wastes time when he could be splashing blood around to techno music.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 20/3/2009 8:49:14 AM >

(in reply to nicky1975)
Post #: 27
RE: Marshall is like PWSA (both Geordie fanboys turned ... - 20/3/2009 4:46:26 PM   
Woger

One sense is gone but the others are better. Reminds me of the episode of Father Ted when they were on the airplane and he accuses the blind priest of throwing stuff at him.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 28
RE: King Arthur anyone? - 21/3/2009 1:03:34 AM   
flickfan

She looks so much like Keira Knightley in King Arthur it could be a spin off movie. I can't believe it's Olga underneath all that.

(in reply to AYBGerrardo)
Post #: 29
RE: RE: - 21/3/2009 2:30:14 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: butters411

ooooooo sorry craighorne! Had no idea you were the judge of what is historical inaccuracy.

Unless the movie claims to be historically inaccurate, which I doubt this one does, just relax and try to enjoy the fictional story.

I'm guessing here that you mean historically accurate.

Personally I'm with Craighorne on this one.  If you're aiming to make a historical film, get the accuracy on the nail.  It's not difficult to find the information.  All it takes is a little bit of effort.

That's me that is!

(in reply to butters411)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Look: Olga Kurylenko in Centurion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI